Q & A With Vital Hull City Editor
The move to the KC Stadium seemed to be the catalyst for our rapid rise. We quickly gained back to back promotions then survived in the CCC for 2 seasons. Phil Brown built a great togetherness in the team which helped them achieve the unbelievable and win promotion to the Premier League.
2. How has Sam Ricketts performed for you since he joined? Has he been a good signing and is he up to the task in the top flight?
Sam Ricketts has proved to be an astute signing. He has played largely at right-back with us but can play on the left of the defence too. A strong defender, he gets forward very well to support the attacks and produces some assists too. So far, like the rest of the team, he has risen to the challenge of Premier League football and looks comfortable at this level.
3. You are one of the favourites for relegation this season. Do you think you can prove the doubters wrong? Whats your prediction for this season?
It`s so far so good but we cannot kid ourselves that we will maintain our lofty position. There will be some tough weeks ahead but it`s been a promising start and hopefully one the team and management can build on. I`d settle for 17th any day!
4. it's a tough task to survive in the Premiership, with that in mind, will you be taking the Cup competitions seriously or would you prefer to solely concentrate on the League?
I can`t remember the last time we put out a strong team in the cup and tried to progress. We tried it against Chelsea last season and got thumped 4-0. We`ll make ten, maybe eleven changes tonight but the management will never want to lose a game. Our focus must be on the league campaign but it would be nice to have a cup run into the 5th / quarter final stages or beyond just one of these seasons.
5. What players should we watch out for on Tuesday night?
Bearing in mind the changes, Dean Windass is out to prove a point having failed to feature in our two Premier League games so far. Peter Halmosi hasn`t featured much since joining from Plymouth but he is a strong Championship player and should prove a threat if selected tonight.
6. What is your prediction for the game?
Always have to favour my team, so I will say Hull City 1-0.
Vital Swansea also answered Vital Hull's questions, you can read our views here