Swansea City Fan Interviews: willow
2. How long have you been a fan?
3. The Ferrie Bodde saga. It was a shock turnaround in the end by the Dutchman but what were your views of it? Have you forgiven and forgotten or are you still frustrated with his intent to leave not so long ago? How much of a boost will his stay give us this season?
Bodde wanted more money, but we had a contract to hold him for another 2 years. The whole saga left a bitter taste. In the end he stays with us on a longer contract and higher wages. I only hope that he will have the same impact this season.
4. Roberto Martinez has again strengthened his squad ready for the Championship. With a lot of money being spent to gain success in this League, were you hoping there would be more big-money buys or has the Spaniard done the right thing by going cheaper abroad?
We are a club recently risen from the ashes with no money. We have squandered money on players since, and the board have learned by their mistakes. Last season we got players free or for small fees, and they have proved to be good finds. I hope that the new entrants will also prove to be equally good.
5. Swansea City were unfortunate not to keep right winger Paul Anderson, and they later failed in replacing him with another Liverpool player in Hammil. Do you think we have enough strength in this position?
Anderson and Hammil were not our players, so I did not expect either to come when there are other clubs nearer their parent club. We have players who can give us other attacking options.
6. Ashley Williams joined for £400,000 this Summer, beating our previous transfer fee paid. Is he overpriced or do you think it's an excellent investment for the club?
Ashley Williams is a very good young player. CBs are supposed to get better as they get older, so I think he is a very good investment.
7. With the season just less than 2 weeks away now, do you have any concerns about the current squad or are we looking well balanced going into the season? Are there any gaps that still need filling?
I believe we are better balanced and partnerships will be built. Concerned there is no second keeper in the squad.
8. Febian Brandy rejoined us on loan from Manchester United. What are your views on the youngster and are you glad to see him arrive for another 6-month stay?
Brandy last season was more effective as a sub than starting the game. I think he has something to offer coming off the bench.
9. Despite scoring 29 League goals last season, Jason Scotland still received criticism for the fans. Do you think he can step up this season and continue his goalscoring form in the Championship or will the likes of Bauza and Pintado out-perform him?
Bauza and Pintado will certainly push him this season. He does need to have better close control in the Championship.
10. Martinez has strengthened his defence during pre-season with the signings of Williams, Serran and Bessone. Many fans had concerns for the defence last season, Have these seasons eased those?
Set pieces were a problem last season and we conceded goals. I would hope that our defence this season will be able to cope much better.
11. Dorus De Vries is currently our only keeper in our squad at the moment. He is good enough to be our number 1 or do we need to sign someone who can really push him for that place?
Concerned there is no second keeper in the squad. We do need quality as first and second choice.
12. Andy Robinson ignored a challenge in the Championship to remain in League One with Leeds. Were you disappointed with his decision and his attitude or are you happy to see the back of him?
Glad Robinson has gone. Last season he wasn't as good as when he played with Trundle. He was predictable and did not have the pace to beat the fullback.
13. Garry Monk was captain last season, should he keep the armband this year or is there someone else in the squad who could do a better job?
Gary Monk to stay Club and Team captain. When he played last season we went 19 games unbeaten and defence played well. He got injured and we lost games.
14. What do you think are our best hopes this season and where do you think we'll finish?
Believe we can compete well this season and finish 8th.
'TheCoatofMartinez' is next to answer our questions.
|'Bessone looked fantastic on Tuesday against Den Haag, I was really impressed with his forward runs, got crosses in and a superb defender. One on one marking he was fantatic too and usually got the better of his man.'|
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.