Swansea City Fan Interviews: Czech_Jack
Ondrej aka Czech Jack
2. How long have you been a fan?
3. The Ferrie Bodde saga. It was a shock turnaround in the end by the Dutchman but what were your views of it? Have you forgiven and forgotten or are you still frustrated with his intent to leave not so long ago? How much of a boost will his stay give us this season?
First thing that popped up my mind when I read his alleged comments at Skysports website was 'how stupid can anyone be to claim that Derby are big club and the right step forward'.
From that moment on I was sure there's something strange about whole the case. I think the new deal he has signed was just a logical outcome and it's definitely a big boost for the club, no doubt about it. I was also impressed with the way the duo Jenkins & Martinez handled whole the case only to enhance the SCAFC's reputation.
4. Roberto Martinez has again strengthened his squad ready for the Championship. With a lot of money being spent to gain success in this League, were you hoping there would be more big-money buys or has the Spaniard done the right thing by going cheaper abroad?
I admire the way Martinez deals in the transfer market and fully agree him that buying players on the overinflated British market only leads nowhere. In him we have one very shrewd manager. I'm so far happy with the new signings except that he should bring an experienced backup keeper.
5. Swansea City were unfortunate not to keep right winger Paul Anderson, and they later failed in replacing him with another Liverpool player in Hammil. Do you think we have enough strength in this position?
I was disappointed with Anderson's decision not to rejoin us as he would be very valuable first team member which he had proved last season. Maybe Martinez should keep searching for the pacy RW but I've got feeling that he wants to give the chance to Shaun MacDonald to prove himself and I don't see anything wrong about it.
6. Ashley Williams joined for £400,000 this Summer, beating our previous transfer fee paid. Is he overpriced or do you think it's an excellent investment for the club?
Definitely not overpriced, the fee was reasonable IMO. Judging on his latest performances I think he was worth the investment.
7. With the season just less than 2 weeks away now, do you have any concerns about the current squad or are we looking well balanced going into the season? Are there any gaps that still need filling?
Like I said we only really need a quality backup keeper.
8. Febian Brandy rejoined us on loan from Manchester United. What are your views on the youngster and are you glad to see him arrive for another 6-month stay?
Although some do not rate him I'm confident the boy has a potential and that his signing was a good move.
9. Despite scoring 29 League goals last season, Jason Scotland still received criticism for the fans. Do you think he can step up this season and continue his goalscoring form in the Championship or will the likes of Bauza and Pintado out-perform him?
I have always seen the critics towards him as unjustified and even stupid at times. I'm not so sure though if he's able to fully repeat the last season performance...
Firstly he's got a real tough competition in on-form Bussy and new arrival Gorka Pintado and secondly the CCC defences will be something completely else than in CCL1.
10. Martinez has strengthened his defence during pre-season with the signings of Williams, Serran and Bessone. Many fans had concerns for the defence last season, Have these seasons eased those?
With the new faces in the back four plus the unexpected performance leap by Matty Collins I think that under Monk's command we will not be as shaky in defence as the last year. I just hope that Dennis Lawrence will be the emergency option only.
11. Dorus De Vries is currently our only keeper in our squad at the moment. He is good enough to be our number 1 or do we need to sign someone who can really push him for that place?
Even Gigi Buffon or Petr Cech need healthy competition behind their backs and it's the same with Dorus. I'll just repeat myself that Martinez should keep looking for an experienced backup keeper both to creaty pressure on de Vries and to have a quality option in case of the no. 1's injury.
12. Andy Robinson ignored a challenge in the Championship to remain in League One with Leeds. Were you disappointed with his decision and his attitude or are you happy to see the back of him?
Andy Robinson hasn't ignored anything, he has just outsmarted himself being driven with greediness. Under the circumstances he has treated the club's offer I'm glad he's gone and do not consider his departure as the real loss. Mark Gower will let us forget Robbo soon.
13. Garry Monk was captain last season, should he keep the armband this year or is there someone else in the squad who could do a better job?
I can't see anyone else in the squad so far who could execute the captain's duties better than Garry.
14. What do you think are our best hopes this season and where do you think we'll finish?
My heart says the playoff spot but the head goes for mid-table.
Thanks to Czech_Jack for his answers, deaframbo and willow are next to share their views.
|Do you agree with CJ's views above?|
CLICK HERE TO SHARE YOUR VIEWS
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.