Swansea City Forum - The Football Club Names Game
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: 'I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel.' Stuart Pearce
- (Added by: sbrjack)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Vote for your man of the match vs Huddersfield Town
Suggested By:
Fabianski10%
Naughton4%
Fernandez4%
Mawson0%
Olsson0%
Britton10%
Carroll0%
Fer2%
Ayew15%
Abraham45%
Narsingh10%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W7
2.GThomas3
3.Dennis Downing2
4.yugo231
5.Vital Swansea City1
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (150): « First ... 145 146 147
149 150 Last »
The Football Club Names Game
13 September 2013 15:48 Post ID: #123704 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Double post

Edited by Swan_Lady2 13/9/2013 15:49
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
14 September 2013 09:28 Post ID: #123712 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Inter Turku,Finland
The club have taken the flak for the ticketing,when it's not even involved,having been contracted out.If the contractor is not fulfilling it's obligations then it has to go.
Same with the catering at the stadium,from the dining experience to the kiosks,it's all rubbish,and all contracted out. The Premier Club restaurant is poor and very expensive at £28.50 for a two course meal,a 20% rise from last season,and many people have stopped eating there this season. When the stadium opened it was £12.50! It is inefficent and overstaffed with student girls who are dozy and untrained.
The solution is for us to take over the stadium and oust the council and it's inefficient practices,so we can have complete control of things. Also, a supporters run club should not be exploiting it's fans by overcharging for inferior services.
A huge week for our club and fans this week,now we'll see how good our players really are, playing a top Spanish side,wish I was going.
Like post
Like this post
14 September 2013 14:05 Post ID: #123717 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Juventus

Only time I dine at the Liberty is for the Player of the Year Awards dinner and it does leave much to be desired but I don't really go for the food on offer anyway. The catering was discussed at the forum but not much the club or council can do as we are locked into a contract but Dineen said we would have more input in future along with the ticketing issues.

Watching Man U v a plucky Palace side who are rather unlucky to be 1-0 and a player down thanks to a dubious penalty for diver Ashley Young. Won't be easy for us when we visit Selhurst Park especially having had two games first whilst Palace will have had over a week to rest.
Like post
Like this post
14 September 2013 14:08 Post ID: #123718 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Double Post

Edited by Swan_Lady2 14/9/2013 14:10
Like post
Like this post
15 September 2013 07:48 Post ID: #123729 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Kasimpasa,Turkey
The only way we'll be free of all these ties to the inept Stadco,is to buy the stadium outright. We are going to expand the stadium,yet we do not own it,how does this work out,when there are the Ospreys and the Council as co-partners telling us what to do.It's not clear from anything I've read how this is going to work,where one partner ploughs in multi-millions modernising the stadium and facilities,and the other two partners sit back and reap the benefits,yet still have majority control with 2/3 of the voting.
The decisions always go in favour of the big clubs,and we've seen it time and time again in this league,so it's not surprising anymore when we see them continuously win games by cheating.
Like post
Like this post
15 September 2013 19:01 Post ID: #123737 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Luton Town

I suppose we reaped the benefits when first moving to the council owned stadium with increased crowds and the ability to attract new players because of it. However since our rapid rise we have felt frustrated by the limitations because of the set up involving the three different users, we certainly have put in more than our fair share of income of late. I understand Dineen is the one trying to work on our behalf but it is not always easy when the two other parties have a say in what happens. In an ideal world we would offer to buy the others out but can't see the council agreeing to this as they know they are onto a good thing. We do have the money to expand the stadium but we must always make sure that the manager is given funds to enable us to remain in the prem as this is the key to our future success.
Like post
Like this post
16 September 2013 09:38 Post ID: #123741 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Marina,Italy
Everything revolves around PL status,and we must not forget this,in the excitement of European competition,our strongest team must play tonight and next Sunday. If it's at the expense of losing on Thursday,so be it.Our squad strength will be tested to the full and we have to hope there are no injuries along the way.
It's a bit of a worry that our 12 mill striker Bony has yet to play 90 mins in his four games for us,yet if he was carrying an injury as some have said,why did he play for his country last week? He scored 31 goals in 31 games in Holland last season,I wonder if he'll play the full match tonight?
We need to keep it tight at the back tonight and not concede early, giving our forwards the confidence to get some shots on goal.
Like post
Like this post
17 September 2013 09:49 Post ID: #123745 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Macclesfield
We do have some leverage. If we left the stadium and built our own ground,the Liberty would not survive by the Ospreys alone,so they will not be in any hurry to let us go. Talking of which,why isn't the stadium utilised more with gigs,it's very rare to see any pop concerts and the like,any more.
There is a shortage of bars and restaurants around the ground.The Harvester was crammed with fans last night,the queue was eight deep to get at the bar,spilling out the door,and over an hour waiting list for a meal.
Like post
Like this post
17 September 2013 15:58 Post ID: #123753 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Thread fault
Like post
Like this post
17 September 2013 15:58 Post ID: #123754 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Thread fault
Like post
Like this post
17 September 2013 15:58 Post ID: #123755 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Thread fault
Like post
Like this post
17 September 2013 16:19 Post ID: #123756 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Norwich City

I was on that list at the Harvester Keith but gave up when time was starting to get short and landed up eating the food on offer inside the ground. Will definitely go to Rossi's next time when we play Arsenal as their chips are great if somewhat pricey these days.

As for the game it was simply amazing, a roller coaster of emotions which saw us go from ecstacy to horror in the space of a few minutes and yet despite being a goal behind at the break we really took the game to Liverpool and completely dominated despite Rodgers' post match views.

Leaving for Valencia in a short while so have little time to express my delight at the way we played last night but just hope we can continue to win the battle for points against the lesser sides as much as the elite in the weeks ahead. The Europa cup game on Thursday is a bonus and as long as our players don't injure themselves, play the best they can and enjoy the occasion I'll be happy though whether I see much from our vantage point is another matter. The points on Sunday at Palace are of more importance at this stage so no sooner will have unpacked my bag than I'll be back on the road to Selhurst Park.
Like post
Like this post
20 September 2013 09:47 Post ID: #123778 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Oporto
Don't you just love this guy Ian Holloway. He had the temerity to speak out against officialdom after the Spurs soft penalty against Palace,stating that refs favour the big sides,and was duly banned from the touchline. He's only saying what we've said all along,that the big sides get all the decisions. We also had a soft penalty against us playing Spurs recently,and I said at the time that their players were playacting to get free kicks in dangerous areas all afternoon,including the dive for the match winning penalty.
Like post
Like this post
21 September 2013 20:26 Post ID: #123791 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Portsmouth

No such problems at Valencia with the ref giving a deserved red card against the home side inside ten minutes....will go into more detail on the other thread.

As for tomorrow's game I still say it is of more importance than Thursday and will be a test of a determination and stamina though I can see a fair few changes with players returning such as Leon and hopefully Ash. You won't stop Michu playing, he can't wait to get on the field of play whatever match it is and his wholehearted play seems even more evident this season.

Palace will have the backing of their loyal vociferous fans so am expecting another tough prem game, they will see this game as one they have a chance of getting something from but so will we so it should be an interesting and exciting encounter.
Like post
Like this post
23 September 2013 09:42 Post ID: #123808 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Queen of the South
No friend Friend wasn't too bad yesterday,a few odd decisons but nothing that affected our game too much.Do we have to play in Europe to get a fair ref nowadays?
I expect Monk and Tremmel to play on Wednesday at Brum. I thought Tremmel was going to play yesterday,he was going full stretch in the warm up before the match,diving all over the place,and it must be very frustrating for him not to play,early days yet though.
Another juggling act with the squad this week,saving the form players for the big one,the Arsenal game on Sat evening. I was surprised Bony didn't make an appearance in the match at all yesterday,has he played for 90 mins yet?
Anyway Michu needed no help yesterday as he was on fire.
Like post
Like this post
24 September 2013 01:28 Post ID: #123813 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Raith Rovers

Another exceptional performance by the Swans at Palace, have been reading some of the comments from their fans post match and it makes me feel really proud. We taught them a football lesson and many said it was the best team they'd seen at Selhurst since ...we played them last in the championship and won 3-0.

Was surprised that Leon was left out of the starting line up but Canas did a good job, great that we have two excellent players in that position and Leon just slotted in when it was his turn to come on as sub. Bony will be used no doubt when ML feels he is needed, Vazquez did ok but have no doubt that our record signing will play against the Arsenal on Saturday.
Like post
Like this post
24 September 2013 08:08 Post ID: #123817 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Shamrock Rovers
Was it really the best week in our history,I can't think of a better one offhand?
The strength of our squad is crucial with these run of games squeezed all together,but there is relief on the horizon,with another international break after the Southampton game on Oct 6,where batteries can be re-charged.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (150): « First ... 145 146 147
149 150 Last »
Jump to forum: