Swansea City Forum - The Football Club Names Game
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: Ferrie Bodde can touch MC Hammer
- (Added by: KevinE)
Current Poll (see more polls)
What will the result be vs Bournemouth?
Suggested By:
Swansea City win31%
Draw5%
Bournemouth win64%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W15
2.Dennis Downing7
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.jonno11
6.GThomas1
7.david1
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (150): « First ... 143 144 145
147 148 149 Last »
The Football Club Names Game
23 August 2013 17:29 Post ID: #123516 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Orient (Leyton)

Have to say I feel Ki has been a bit of a disappointment after all the hype when he arrived. Possibly because he is not a Laudrup signing he has never really settled in one position having been used at centre back in the cup final and a utility midfielder the rest of the time. With the arrival of Canas and Shelvey he has dropped down the pecking order and from what I've seen of him on the field in pre season and as sub he has not really shown any fight to regain a starting place, he is a little light weight in the tackle and I don't think I've seen him shoot more than half a dozen times since he's been with us. Of course it will affect our popularity in SE Asia but maybe a loan deal will help him whilst freeing up wages for us to invest in another forward.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 23/8/2013 17:31
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
24 August 2013 09:34 Post ID: #123522 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Plymouth Argyle
IMO it's a ridiculous situation where you loan out 6 mill worth of assets to help a rival club,and all they pay is the wages.It's not as if we are rolling in cash,this is only something the mega bucks clubs do.If Sunderland want him they should buy him.He has not been used in his favoured position of attacking midfielder since he's been here,and we've seen how good he was in this position for S.Korea and Celtic.No wonder he wants to go.
Talking of wages,Moore has actually been paid to leave,a striker scoring 8 goals in three years,10 months of his contract left,at 30k a week,1.2 million smackers,an unbelievable reward for non service.He now gets a double wage,as his next club will also pay him over the next ten months,no surprise he's happy to leave,and for no transfer fee.
Like post
Like this post
24 August 2013 17:47 Post ID: #123528 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Queens Park

Not all player tranfers go as well as clubs would like, can think of several instances when a player has been paid off when they are no longer wanted so we are no different wanting rid of players like Moore and Lita. Ki I understand may be sold on but at the moment it is all rumour and speculation, stories that he is not fit enough for the manager's liking have surfaced and I must say he does seem to get injured fairly regularly. If he does go to Sunderland can't see Di Caneo putting up with any slacking but if he is loaned out to the Wearsiders then at least when he does come back he will appreciate being back here.
Like post
Like this post
24 August 2013 17:51 Post ID: #123529 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Queens Park

Not all player tranfers go as well as clubs would like, can think of several instances when a player has been paid off when they are no longer wanted so we are no different wanting rid of players like Moore and Lita. Ki I understand may be sold on but at the moment it is all rumour and speculation, stories that he is not fit enough for the manager's liking have surfaced and I must say he does seem to get injured fairly regularly. If he does go to Sunderland can't see Di Caneo putting up with any slacking but if he is loaned out to the Wearsiders then at least when he does come back he will appreciate being back here.
Like post
Like this post
24 August 2013 17:52 Post ID: #123530 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Site is faulty again this evening....
Like post
Like this post
26 August 2013 09:07 Post ID: #123539 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Raith Rovers
This site is getting worse,are they trying to get rid of us?
Odemwingie bid is in,are they having a laugh,2 mill for a 32 year old has been,I despair.
The best passer of a ball in the PL,and we want to send Ki out on loan to a rival club?
Best players on the bench yesterday,are we favouring the Euros?
Like post
Like this post
26 August 2013 09:20 Post ID: #123540 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Raith Rovers
Are they trying to get rid of us on this site,it's almost unavigateable.Second time I'm writing this,the first post has disappeared when submitting,pressed the back button and the reply box is empty.

Our Odemwingie bid is in,2 mill for a 32 year old has been,I cannot get my head around that?
Best passer of the ball in the PL and we want to loan Ki out to a PL rival club? (we could have done with some Ki magic in our static midfield yesterday).
Best players on the bench at Spurs,are we saving them for Europa games?
Our record signing is sub every game,what's going on?
Like post
Like this post
26 August 2013 16:48 Post ID: #123553 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Streatham FC

Bony had a slight knock so was only brought on when we fell behind, we did improve when he and the impressive Pozuelo were introduced but there are problems all over the park that need addressing at prem level. Ben has not been half as convincing so far this season whilst Rangel is also falling short of his usual high standard. Thought Canas worked extremely hard but was frustrated with Shelvey and JDG, both looked like passengers in midfield giving the ball away at will. I'd have played Leon for his ball retention against a side like Sours but maybe he is being kept for Thursday along with Neil Taylor who I reckon will regain his first team place in the games ahead.
Like post
Like this post
26 August 2013 16:49 Post ID: #123554 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Streatham FC

Bony had a slight knock so was only brought on when we fell behind, we did improve when he and the impressive Pozuelo were introduced but there are problems all over the park that need addressing at prem level. Ben has not been half as convincing so far this season whilst Rangel is also falling short of his usual high standard. Thought Canas worked extremely hard but was frustrated with Shelvey and JDG, both looked like passengers in midfield giving the ball away at will. I'd have played Leon for his ball retention against a side like Sours but maybe he is being kept for Thursday along with Neil Taylor who I reckon will regain his first team place in the games ahead.
Like post
Like this post
27 August 2013 10:13 Post ID: #123561 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
(FCO)Tuscany
Bony didn't miss one match for Vitesse last season,he comes to us and is injured. This was my fear as we have no back up striker,pushing Michu up front did not work against Spurs.
I can't see how we can let Ki go under these circumstances. We were outplayed in midfield.missed Britton,and both full backs were poor. Don't know what's happened to Ben,he was pinpointed by AVB,along with Rangel,as our weakness,and they certainly exploited it. Having said that,for all the onesidedness,they couldn't score without cheating.We have to get wise to this diving to get free kicks and penalties as it's costing us.
Because the ref didn't give the first shout for a penalty,the second one,where no contact was made,had to be given to compensate Spurs,unbelievable. This is what Shearer and MOTD and the Press reports are saying.
Pretty damn miserable sitting at the bottom of the table and not a pleasant feeling.
Like post
Like this post
27 August 2013 15:43 Post ID: #123565 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Upper Killay FC

Early days Keith so keep the faith, we have played two top sides who were favourites to beat us anyway so no need to be too disheartened yet. We must stick behind our lads and trust that ML can get us back to winning ways.

I'm off to Bucharest tomorrow for our cup game 40 miles away at Petrolul, thankfully managed to arrange transport to game and back thanks to mark at one the ball travel who is arranging a coach for us picking up at the airport on route for those arriving on Thursday. A goal less draw would be fine but would be nice to see us score a goal in Europe though expect ML will rest some in readiness for West Brom on Sunday, just need to come back having gone through to the group stages. I'll be back home early hours of Saturday so not much time to prepare for the trip to the Hawthorns but just glad I'm able to go and support the lads. Have lost a couple of Swans supporting friends of late and made me realise that life is short so enjoy it while you can.
Like post
Like this post
27 August 2013 15:46 Post ID: #123566 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Upper Killay FC

Early days Keith so keep the faith, we have played two top sides who were favourites to beat us anyway so no need to be too disheartened yet. We must stick behind our lads and trust that ML can get us back to winning ways.

I'm off to Bucharest tomorrow for our cup game 40 miles away at Petrolul, thankfully managed to arrange transport to game and back thanks to mark at one the ball travel who is arranging a coach for us picking up at the airport on route for those arriving on Thursday. A goal less draw would be fine but would be nice to see us score a goal in Europe though expect ML will rest some in readiness for West Brom on Sunday, just need to come back having gone through to the group stages. I'll be back home early hours of Saturday so not much time to prepare for the trip to the Hawthorns but just glad I'm able to go and support the lads. Have lost a couple of Swans supporting friends of late and made me realise that life is short so enjoy it while you can.
Like post
Like this post
27 August 2013 15:46 Post ID: #123567 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Thread fault yet again...this site is going downhill fast.
Like post
Like this post
27 August 2013 15:47 Post ID: #123568 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Thread fault....
Like post
Like this post
27 August 2013 15:47 Post ID: #123569 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Thread fault
Like post
Like this post
27 August 2013 20:30 Post ID: #123573 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
I had a hell of a job posting this morning and gave up. I thought my post on this thread had disappeared into the ether,but it's actually appeared on here tonight.
Good luck to the team on their travels,and to all you die hard supporters.
Like post
Like this post
03 September 2013 09:53 Post ID: #123618 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Vadmyra,Norway
So,Alvaro it is then,better prospect of the three I think. Ngog and Odemwingie were excess baggage from other clubs. Loan is a good option, and if no good send him back,like Schechter,hopefully a better player though!
Thankfully the window has now gone and our team is still intact,except for the odd decision to help rivals Sunderland,by loaning them a high priced quality player.
Two weeks to plot the downfall of Liverpool and Valencia,couldn't have dreamt a better pair of matches, and in the space of a few days too,exciting times ahead.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (150): « First ... 143 144 145
147 148 149 Last »
Jump to forum: