Swansea City Forum - The Football Club Names Game
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: Ron Atkinson: "Well, Clive, it's all about the two M's. Movement and positioning"
- (Added by: KevinE)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Vote for your man of the match vs Burnley
Suggested By:
Fabianski48%
Naughton0%
Fernandez0%
Mawson0%
Olsson0%
Fer0%
Clucas0%
Sanches28%
Ayew0%
Abraham0%
Dyer8%
Bony16%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W15
2.Dennis Downing7
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.jonno11
6.GThomas1
7.david1
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (150): « First ... 141 142 143
145 146 147 ... Last »
The Football Club Names Game
05 August 2013 09:04 Post ID: #123314 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
(FC) Kronen
Where do these reporters get their information,or misinformation from,here's one -
"Thomas Vermaelen and Nacho Monreal could be ruled out for the start of the new season. To nullify their absence, Wenger is keen to go for Williams again. Initially, Swansea valued their caption at a £10m range which failed to attract Wenger. Now the deal will cost around £8.5m as Swansea have agreed to accept bids on that range.
Ashley Williams is also assumed to be elated with the deal as it would give him a chance to show his skills at the Champions League. The defender is now at the zenith of his form and it will be the ideal phase to expose himself in the coveted tournament."
So we've had talks and agreed to accept less than the 10-12 mill evaluation because we're feeling sorry for Wenger and his injury crisis in defence,and knowing Wenger has 70 mill to burn,it's so far fetched,I don't think so.I think these journalists make it up as they go along.If we did sell Ash for 8.5 mill there would be uproar from the fans,he's worth far more than that to us.
Mind you,the horrible weather we've had over the last few days,whilst London has basked in glorious sunshine 23c,would make anybody want to move further South to follow the sun.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
05 August 2013 19:19 Post ID: #123320 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Luton Town FC

Well according to the post tonight our captain is really excited that the team we have has been strengthened significantly and can't wait to see how we compete this season....

Looking forward to the trip to Sweden now, from what I gather the Malmo team may be depleted because their two main strikers got injured on the weekend. All I hope is that our lads take this match as if we were starting 0-0, we have the ability to win the second leg but need the mental attitude to be right.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 5/8/2013 19:25
Like post
Like this post
06 August 2013 08:42 Post ID: #123325 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Middlesborough
We still have over 3 weeks before the window closes,and we'll be on tenterhooks hoping there are no transfers out.
There is a danger of being over confident v Malmo,so hopefully ML will get the players focused. There's about 850 tickets sold,so we'll have a pretty good turnout. I never heard any more about the official travel,they were a bit naive to think that fans would pay the extortionate asking prices.
Like post
Like this post
06 August 2013 13:52 Post ID: #123331 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Nuneaton Borough

Well I expect they will have had to run the trip because no doubt some will have booked to go but to charge that amount was really unfair on fans who maybe prefer to travel on an organised trip or who have no internet access to get flights and hotel etc. I have an early flight from Gatwick tomorrow and we should be in Copenhagen by mid morning, travelling over to Malmo by train and then will have a couple of days to look around the city before returning Friday afternoon.

Am optimistic that we can progress but by no means should we be complacent, it's never easy away from home in Europe and to concede an early goal would have us on the back foot. If we can come back having gone through to the next round comfortably without any injuries I'd be delighted.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 6/8/2013 13:54
Like post
Like this post
07 August 2013 08:51 Post ID: #123337 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Osasuna FC
So you'll have one night's stay in Malmo if you're flying there tomorrow,sounds like a nice trip though. The team do not have to travel to Gatwick to get a flight,lucky them,they're flying out from Cardiff at 10am this morning,to have plenty of time to train and settle in at Malmo before the match. I hope we can stop them scoring and grab a few ourselves.
Like post
Like this post
08 August 2013 08:35 Post ID: #123344 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Parma FC
Apparently the fans who booked with the official travel were on the flight with the players,flying from Cardiff Airport to Malmo.
Under 21's lost again the other night,this time against Staines Town.The new players drafted in have yet to make an impact.
Like post
Like this post
10 August 2013 14:23 Post ID: #123355 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Queen of the South

Spent two nights in Malmo actually, fabulous city with amazing history and wonderfully diverse buildings, a mixture of old and new. We walked miles sight seeing and actually bumped into Leon and Garry on the morning of the match as they were wandering around themselves, both lovely lads and a credit to our team. Neither played of course but we now have a very strong squad and it was good for Canas and Chico to get a game. Heard only 25 fans went with the official trip, most went independently including several on our flight home to Gatwick yesterday. Eventually got home after midnight via train but it was a fantastic experience and am so glad I went...Rumania next.
Like post
Like this post
11 August 2013 08:46 Post ID: #123360 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Redditch FC
They showed clips on TV of the fans wandering around the city before the match. I've read a bit about Ploiesti. It's a bit further to travel this time,you may have to fly to Bucharest first and catch a train or bus the 37 miles to Ploiesti.
An informative site is http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Romania/Judetul_Prahova...
It's Romania's centre for the oil and gas industry,and was bombed during the war by the Americans,British and Russians,trying to wipe out the oil refineries that were supplying Hitler with fuel. It's a one hour drive to the ski resorts of Prahova if you like skiing,and has temperature highs of 27c in August.
Like post
Like this post
11 August 2013 10:17 Post ID: #123366 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Swindon Town

We watched the draw at an internet cafe in Malmo before we flew home and decided that if it was a feasible trip we would try and get a flight straight away as the prices go up with demand. Managed to book Luton to Bucharest for the Wed morning returning Fri afternoon, we looked up the area the team are playing in and have decided to stay in the capital and travel on the day to the stadium. Understand there are buses and trains so hopefully we can get back ok, if not it might have to be a taxi but between four it shouldn't be too bad.
Like post
Like this post
12 August 2013 07:33 Post ID: #123373 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Tallahassee FC
I saw those flights,they're twice a day with Wizz Air. The prices have already gone up,and are now over £400 return. I read that the trains run every hour,but the buses are packed. Taxi,be careful they don't rip you off,agree a price beforehand.
Like post
Like this post
12 August 2013 21:46 Post ID: #123379 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Udinese FC

Yes it's Wizz Air we're travelling with, the price was much cheaper when we booked than it is now so it was worth being ready and waiting at the internet cafe in Sweden. We've got a hotel booked in Bucharest, hope it is as good as the one we had in Malmo which I must say was very good value for money. Have been warned about the taxis so will probably try and get to the stadium and back via public transport.
Like post
Like this post
13 August 2013 10:30 Post ID: #123384 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Vadmyra FC,Norway
There's a Blue Air as well from Luton,and they've also bumped their prices up. I hope Swans fans not yet booked,boycott them,they can go BA scheduled airline from Heathrow for that price. I take that back,just checked and BA are £172 outbound,and £490 inbound,Wed/Fri,ridiculously high return fare.
There is cheaper,such as Lufthansa at £302 return,but with one stop each way,making the journey time much too long. Shame Ryanair or Easyjet do not fly to Bucharest.Ryanair fly to Constanta on the Black Sea coast,but it's a two hour journey inland to Bucharest.
I had the Supportres Trust magazine through the post,good read,and membership renewal. The Trust is now 400k flush with money,hopefully we can buy a bigger stake in the club in the future.
Like post
Like this post
13 August 2013 16:20 Post ID: #123388 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
West Bromich Albion

We checked all the possibilities at the time and the best flight was the one we picked, BA's flight went via Switzerland and was far more expensive. We have to be back by sometime on Saturday for the away game at West Brom the following day, one of my fellow travellers is also a Wales fan so has a game to attend in Macedonia to fit in between our matches as well. I draw the line at travelling to watch Wales, won't even be going to the Cardiff stadium to watch the friendly tomorrow as I do not like mixing with some of their fans who still insist on booing Swans players.

With regard to the Swans trust I have rejoined this year though it does not sit easy with me that once again a dividend is going to be paid out to the shareholders...shouldn't we be looking to keep that money for a rainy day and not give it to people who already have been given back more than their initial investment, maybe give it all to the trust to secure our long term future.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 13/8/2013 16:22
Like post
Like this post
14 August 2013 08:10 Post ID: #123393 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
(FC) Xeres
Rumania is an expensive place to get to unfortunately for our diehard fans. The first leg is on ITV4 again,apparently,so can be viewed free worlwide on the FilmOn website.
I also disagree with those dividends again,it was kept very quiet wasn't it.
So Lita and Moore are to be given free transfers,with a year left on their contracts. What a disaster those two signings were. A couple of million down the drain.Lita scored 2 goals in 18 games since 2011,Moore 10 goals in 60 games over three seasons. I questioned both signings at the time. Lita at 1.75 mill from Middlesboro was a crazy waste of money,Boro had got him on a free transfer,and he also had a reputation of being disruptive. Moore was a waste of space at WBA,and their fans warned us not to buy him.
Like post
Like this post
14 August 2013 14:47 Post ID: #123399 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Yeovil Town

Best to get these two players off our payroll, they are not in ML's plans and therefore need to look for clubs elsewhere. The money we paid for them is relatively small in terms of our current budget but was big for us at the time, Lita was never our sort of player off the field whilst Moore is just far too laid back for his own good and so frustrating at times to watch.

News resurfacing about Arsenal coming in for Michu now that Suarez looks like staying put, I'm a little concerned with our Spaniard's frame of mind as he seems a frustrated figure at times and has already been booked for stupid fouls on a number of occasions in pre season and in the Malmo game. Hope he can settle down and just play his natural game, maybe all the speculation has got to him but he has stated that he is happy to stay with us so hope this Gooner talk is just wild speculation.

We await one more new striker before the window closes, I reckon it could be a loan deal for an up and coming pacey youngster which is the type of player we could possible do with. Either that or a regular goal scorer from abroad who is cheap enough.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 14/8/2013 14:50
Like post
Like this post
14 August 2013 14:48 Post ID: #123400 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Thread fault
Like post
Like this post
14 August 2013 14:48 Post ID: #123401 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch