Swansea City Forum - The Football Club Names Game
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: 'Whether that was a penalty or not, the referee thought otherwise." Motty.
- (Added by: sbrjack)
Current Poll (see more polls)
What will the result be vs Bournemouth?
Suggested By:
Swansea City win38%
Draw12%
Bournemouth win50%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W15
2.Dennis Downing7
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.jonno11
6.GThomas1
7.david1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (150): « First ... 140 141 142
144 145 146 ... Last »
The Football Club Names Game
29 July 2013 08:46 Post ID: #123228 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Xerez Fc
It may have been a good thing for us with Malmo beating Hibs so convincingly over two legs. We will now be more wary of Malmo as a result of that Hibs drubbing. It's important that we do not concede at home whilst being aware that we have to build up a good lead for the away tie. That Hibs match has also brought into question the standard of Scottish football at the moment,with seemingly only Celtic of a high enough standard to compete in Europe.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
29 July 2013 17:57 Post ID: #123233 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Yeading FC

Yes Scottish football has been in decline for years, never been a fan I must say and now that Rangers have had to reform it is even more of a foregone conclusion who wins their league. Amazes me that Celtic still get so many fans watching them when the opposition is usually so poor, guess they would love to be playing down south but can't see it happening anytime soon.

Still waiting for the home Malmo tickets to arrive as are most other Swans fans, they were ordered last Wednesday on the opening day but ticket office are cutting it fine on delivery as they aren't even being posted out until today. It was online ordering only which alienates some with no internet but even for those who can get past their very complicated ticket service we have to pay an extra £1.50 per ticket for the privilege. One or two season ticket holders I know went down to collect their tickets and were given them but others were refused so it seems that there is no outright policy there anyway. There is a new ticket office manager now but can't say I've noticed an improved service and I think fans need to let those in charge whether it be the council or the club itself know that there are problems that need to be addressed.

Like post
Like this post
29 July 2013 17:57 Post ID: #123234 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Thread fault
Like post
Like this post
29 July 2013 17:58 Post ID: #123235 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
thread fault
Like post
Like this post
30 July 2013 08:28 Post ID: #123243 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
(FC)Zaglebie,Poland
One day we're going to say enough is enough and ditch this Stadco partnership. We only have a one third say in what goes on,even though we're the only part of the partnership making any money. Anything involving the council never works anyway. The Hospitality is disorganised,the Catering is sub standard and mostly staffed by foreign students with no work experience,and both are ameteurishly run,together with the abysmal Ticketing Office, the whole lot needs re-organising.
Like post
Like this post
30 July 2013 19:19 Post ID: #123248 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Aberdeen FC

We were glad of the council help initially when we moved to the Liberty from the Vetch but since then we've developed so quickly that we have outgrown our current home and need to either expand quickly or look for somewhere new long term. It is frustrating that those running the ticketing side are letting the club and fans down, the new system that have been introduced for purchasing online is not up to scratch no matter how much Leigh Dineen tries to play down the situation on the official site today. He must realise people are still having problems ordering, you only have to go on other forums today and see how frustrated some fans are.
Like post
Like this post
31 July 2013 07:49 Post ID: #123253 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Belfast FC
Whatever company you try to phone nowdays,it's usually a long wait on hold,the council,the hospital,the bank,even the phone company itself. So our ticket office is not unique with this problem,but the large number of complaints show that their system is not working efficiently.
Personally I've never had a problem,the away tickets are delivered as regular as clockwork the last two seasons.
I assume you've finally got your Malmo ticket delivered then? Hopefully the match will be a sellout and the Jack Army are in full voice.I think that 14.5 thousand tickets have been sold so far,up to yesterday.
Like post
Like this post
31 July 2013 21:04 Post ID: #123259 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Cambridge United

Malmo home ticket did arrive yesterday after a wait of six days, what is concerning me now though is that the 1050 away tickets go on general sale tomorrow morning....crazy and totally unfair to regular travellers who could miss out if they get snapped up early. A friend is going online for me in the morning because I've an appointment, what about all the workers who have no way of getting to the ticket office or have no access to a phone or computer. There will be hell to pay if the away season ticket holders/jack army members are left with no ticket after booking their trip, the club seem to care little for their loyal fans and just want to sell the tickets asap.
Like post
Like this post
01 August 2013 10:01 Post ID: #123267 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Doncaster Rovers
I think the Ticket Office and website is open at 10am this morning for Malmo away tickets. Sounds a bit of a shambles to me. We must check on how other clubs and organisations do it,and find the best way of allocating and selling these tickets,not the hotch potch way they do it at the moment.
On a different subject,further to one particular poster deriding the off topic section of this site when I suggested more fans should join in on the discussions here,football or otherwise. For curiosity I decided to check the amount of times the two threads (where we add comments) were opened and read over a period of a month,to see if anybody was interested in what we say,and the figuress are surprising -
A-Z Football 3,688 times
Football Club Names Game 2,133 times
Like post
Like this post
01 August 2013 16:27 Post ID: #123274 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Exeter City

Would be good to have a few others join in with conversations but not everyone is keen to participate.

Thankfully no problems ordering Malmo away tickets this morning, over 650 were bought in the first hour or so apparently so just goes to show there is great interest in this match from our fans. Sadly we seem to have far fewer Malmo fans coming along from Sweden tonight but to be fair this is their third Euro game already, they've already played in Dublin and Edinburgh. Shame as I'm sure they'd enjoy their stay in this beautiful part of Wales particularly as the weather is so nice at the moment.

Looking forward to the game, seems an age since we last played at the Liberty and want to see what improvements have been made to the club shop. As for the match, am cautiously optimistic but you never know what can happen, it is over two legs so whatever happens tonight it will only be half time so we must not be too impatient.
Like post
Like this post
02 August 2013 09:06 Post ID: #123282 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Fabril FC,Portugal
Well we certainly sorted that lot out.Tough first half,where Malmo defended deep and relied on breaks,but we were a different class second half. What a player Bony is,strong as an ox,holds the ball up well,great passer,and good in the air. The whole team played well though,and the subs were so strong,the new signings slotted in perfectly,and Puezelo particularly gave us more firepower up front and scored a good goal. Bony up front with Michu dropping back worked perfectly,and both are going to score freely this season. Moyes was watching on from the West Stand,as he's done the last two seasons before his team plays us. This time it's Man Utd and what a cracker of a game that's gong to be.
Like post
Like this post
02 August 2013 11:58 Post ID: #123284 - in reply to #123267
Roger Freestone
keith margam - 1/8/2013 10:01

Doncaster Rovers
I think the Ticket Office and website is open at 10am this morning for Malmo away tickets. Sounds a bit of a shambles to me. We must check on how other clubs and organisations do it,and find the best way of allocating and selling these tickets,not the hotch potch way they do it at the moment.
On a different subject,further to one particular poster deriding the off topic section of this site when I suggested more fans should join in on the discussions here,football or otherwise. For curiosity I decided to check the amount of times the two threads (where we add comments) were opened and read over a period of a month,to see if anybody was interested in what we say,and the figuress are surprising -
A-Z Football 3,688 times
Football Club Names Game 2,133 times

As the one deriding poster that objected to football being discussed on a forum that clearly states (As the title says,EVERYTHING NON FOOTBALL) I still stand by my initial post and still ask the same question WHY?? It was pointed out to me that you even tried to start a thread (everything football)on this off topic forum,but it was kicked off the same day,can you explain what your objective is?.As for your viewing figures, 5821 for 124 posts equates to about 46 hits a post,hardly ground breaking.Have you also noted that since these posts started no one now uses this section which at one time was equal to the main board.
Like post
Like this post
03 August 2013 09:39 Post ID: #123291 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Getafe FC
Jonjo gives up his mansion next door to Gerrard in the stockbroker belt of Liverpool, for a farm in Swansea. Looks as if the move is doing him the world of good,he had a great game on Thursday night.
Rumours still abound that Wenger is after Williams,the Daily Mail and the Mirror joining in the transfer speculation.Same persistent story,that Wenger is in talks with Swansea,even though HJ has said he's had no enquiry from any other club about Williams. I would assume he's a less attractive target now that he's cup tied.
Just saw a video of the proposed Swansea Bay tidal barrage,with multiple power generating turbines operated by tidal flow. Not sure it's a good idea,desecrating a beautiful bay and the stunning views,plus the environmental impact,especially on wildlife.
Like post
Like this post
03 August 2013 17:30 Post ID: #123295 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Hibernian

Trust the move will benefit both Shelvey and Swans, he certainly gives us something extra yet there is still plenty of room for him to improve his game and with ML as his mentor let's hope we have picked up yet another bargain buy. Concerns about Ash leaving have been going on for months but unless there is a move for him within the next week I think Jenkins has stated that he won't do any trading because there would not be enough time to find a suitable replacement. Fingers crossed that the team we had out on Thursday remains intact, we have a brilliant squad and I think our captain would be unwise to move on at this point but he may still be enticed by the money and glamour of a "bigger club".
Like post
Like this post
04 August 2013 09:27 Post ID: #123303 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Inverness CT FC
Shelvey was lined up as the successor to Gerrard,but with him signing a new contract recently the writing was on the wall for Jonjo,and he had to move if he wanted regular first team football.
The papers are full of Williams moving and Wenger willing to pay 8.5 mill. He's worth more to us than the 10 mill contract release figure being quoted,so Wenger can take a running jump if he thinks we'll drop the price to suit him.
Like post
Like this post
04 August 2013 16:28 Post ID: #123307 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Juventus

The good thing is we don't have to sell but the only concern would be in Ashley really wanting to go and putting pressure on for a move. Not sure if he is that desperate as he's just been made captain, is playing in Europe with a team that many admire and seems happy and settled with his family here. He played on Thursday night v Malmo and therefore excludes himself from playing for any other club in Europe this season so let's hope that Arsenal don't up their offer to meet our full value, with Wenger he does tend to dither so will need to act quickly and with enough cash if he wants our man.
Like post
Like this post
04 August 2013 16:32 Post ID: #123308 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Juventus

The good thing is we don't have to sell but the only concern would be in Ashley really wanting to go and putting pressure on for a move. Not sure if he is that desperate as he's just been made captain, is playing in Europe with a team that many admire and seems happy and settled with his family here. He played on Thursday night v Malmo and therefore excludes himself from playing for any other club in Europe this season so let's hope that Arsenal don't up their offer to meet our full value, with Wenger he does tend to dither so will need to act quickly and with enough cash if he wants our man.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (150): « First ... 140 141 142
144 145 146 ... Last »
Jump to forum: