Swansea City Forum - The Football Club Names Game
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: 'There's no in between - you're either good or bad. We were in between.'
- (Added by: sbrjack)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Vote for your man of the match vs Burnley
Suggested By:
Fabianski42%
Naughton0%
Fernandez0%
Mawson0%
Olsson0%
Fer0%
Clucas0%
Sanches21%
Ayew0%
Abraham0%
Dyer25%
Bony12%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W15
2.Dennis Downing7
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.jonno11
6.GThomas1
7.david1
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (150): « First ... 139 140 141
143 144 145 ... Last »
The Football Club Names Game
20 July 2013 15:39 Post ID: #123118 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Double Post

Edited by Swan_Lady2 20/7/2013 15:41
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
21 July 2013 09:49 Post ID: #123125 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Jurmala FC,Latvia
Saw the highlights as well,we looked good,but Yeovil have some work to do in defence,nice loan job for Tate this season perhaps?. Bony will be missing again this afternoon,frustrating for all.
The Williams speculation rumbles on,with the Press not giving up with their speculation. Sports Mole says a 10 mill bid is imminent "according to a report",how vague is that. Mind you,Williams has inflamed things with his "you don't really know,as that's the future" comments.
Like post
Like this post
22 July 2013 23:50 Post ID: #123138 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Kilmarnock FC

Was like going back in time revisiting St James ground at Exeter, sadly neglected and looking much the worse for wear it just made me appreciate how far we have moved on from them and what fantastic facilities we have at our Liberty stadium.

The match itself was a quite non descript affair, we were in total charge and should really have won by far more than the two goals but the team seemed to be half paced and less decisive than they have been in previous pre season games. Still it was a useful run out for several of our team members and our manager will be still invaluating his squad. It was my first opportunity to see some of the new players and was impressed in particular with Pozuelo who I think could play a big part in the coming season.

The Williams saga is contuing to fill some of the sports pages, Arsenal seem to be the logical purchasers but their board is as tight fisted as ours so there could be a stand off until the right price is agreed by both...or maybe neither and he'll stay...who knows.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 22/7/2013 23:51
Like post
Like this post
23 July 2013 11:21 Post ID: #123142 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Lazio
Man Utd tickets on sale today for Aug 17. Europa League home leg on Aug 1 not on sale yet as we don't know which club we're playing,Malmo or Hibs,to enable printing of tickets. The second leg match is this Thursday in Edinburgh,and it would be interesting to watch. I assume we'll have scouts there,or maybe ML will travel up himself. Moyes used to do a lot of checking on opposition before matches in person, and has been seen a few times down the Liberty sussing us out,certainly paid off for him and Everton.
Like post
Like this post
23 July 2013 16:24 Post ID: #123147 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Thread fault
Like post
Like this post
23 July 2013 16:25 Post ID: #123148 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Thread fault
Like post
Like this post
23 July 2013 16:29 Post ID: #123149 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Malmo

Well I'm really hoping it is the Swedes that truimph as I've booked with friends to fly out via Copenhagen on 7th Aug whilst the price is still reasonable....it is a risk I know but will be praying that Malmo do progress.

Great to hear that Bony has had his work permit and will be available on Saturday, Ugo's official buses are going to Reading and apparently match tickets are selling well for this friendly.
Like post
Like this post
24 July 2013 07:03 Post ID: #123159 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Nurenburg FC
If Hibs win you lose your flight money,and have to pay again for an Edinburgh flight,or can you buy a transferable ticket with Ryanair?What about the club's official company travel,maybe they'll have a reasonable package on offer. I admire your dedication anyway.
Regarding Bony's work permit,he's had to train in Holland,so has yet to even come to the UK. Imagine signing for a club and not being able to check the location personally. He's probably coming over today,and hopefully he settles into his new environment quickly.
Like post
Like this post
24 July 2013 17:44 Post ID: #123175 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Oldham Athletic

Have nearly covered my losses with a £10 bet on a Hibs win (thanks to a friends suggestion) but do expect Malmo to progress as they didnt concede and Hibs will need to score three without reply...we are going there for three days so will have time to look around which will be nice and have booked hotel rooms which can be cancelled without charge. Think the official travel will be flying there and back in a day which is not so appealing to me.

Like post
Like this post
25 July 2013 08:38 Post ID: #123179 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Peterhead
Good idea,then it's minimal loss. Can't see the official travel getting enough people with the high price being quoted for a charter flight by one agent.I wonder if the Hibs v Malmo match is being streamed on line tonight,surely Swedish or Scottish TV would want to show the match.
I see Alan Tate was playing left back for Yeovil in their friendly win over Exeter,good luck to him in keeping Yeovil up this season.Yeovil are flying the flag for the West Country,with both Bristol clubs in the doldrums.
Like post
Like this post
25 July 2013 15:36 Post ID: #123187 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Queen of the South

Doesn't appear to be any tv coverage tonight but someone might get a link from somewhere so will keep checking on the forums. Hibs could surprise us and come out on top but it seems unlikely, have stayed in Edinburgh some years ago and visited both Hibs and Hearts grounds during the close season along with a trip to see an empty Murrayfield which was very impressive. Hibs are situated in the Catholic part of the city, their ground looked a lot nicer than Hearts which is near to the John Smiths brewery, remember the Vetch was right next to a brewery at one time and can still remember the smell on our way to Swans games as a young girl.

Glad Tatey has found a decent club to play for, Yeovil will benefit from his services and I've no doubt he'll give 100% each game. Was in Bristol on Monday and the city centre is thriving, many new buildings going up plus renovation work to riverside warehouses which are being converted to flats and offices. As you say however their two football teams are both struggling at the moment, considering the amount of money in the area it is surprising that no one has come in to try and regenerate either of the clubs.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 25/7/2013 15:38
Like post
Like this post
26 July 2013 09:03 Post ID: #123194 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Raith Rovers
Shock result last night,as Malmo not only won,but hammered Hibs on their own patch.
Whether this result will change ML's tactics for the two games,only he knows,but perhaps he'll have second thoughts about putting his cup team out.The squad as a whole is stronger this season though,so whatever team he picks will hopefully do the business.
In retrospect,the draw hasn't been too kind to us,considering the teams that are still in it,and we may rue Wigan winning the FA Cup,because if they'd lost we would have skipped this round. I think next Thursday's match is live on ITV4,or so I read somewhere.
Regarding Bristol,there has been huge investment in the city,but this investment comes to a shuddering halt at the Severn Bridge,and any trickle of investment only gets as far as Cardiff. You've only got to look at Bristol airport compared to Cardiff. At Bristol there are hundreds of flights,whereas Cardiff has half a dozen a day.Many years ago both the airports were equally poor,but now our only national airport is mainly for charter flights,and even these charter companies rub it in by charging up to 30% more to fly from Cardiff for the exact same day,time,and destinationa as their flight from Bristol or Birmingham,no wonder the airport is struggling.
Like post
Like this post
26 July 2013 17:06 Post ID: #123199 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Swindon Town

Certainly a comprehensive win for Malmo, once the first away goal went in was able to relax a little having pre booked our trip to Sweden. Just as well we did as prices have shot up since last weekend and the ridiculous price quoted by the official travel organisation will put all but the wealthiest fans off, who would want to pay over £645 (or £695 for a single person) for a one night stay. They will be lucky to get a full plane as most will now try and book independantly as we did.

Wales does seem to be the poor relation when it comes to investment, Cardiff airport is being subsidised by the Welsh Office otherwise it would have been non viable. We don't help ourselves though particularly here in Swansea, the council have been very backward thinking in the past and even now the crazy bendy bus scheme has decimated the city for shoppers with people unable to travel or park easily into the centre.
Like post
Like this post
27 July 2013 08:11 Post ID: #123205 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Torquay Utd
I would be very surprised if they get enough people interested at those prices,yet Leigh Dineen has looked into it and deemed the company is charging a fair price.You're early move in booking flights and accomodation has paid off handsomely.
Regarding Cardiff and Swansea investment,Cardiff are a million miles ahead of Swansea in city centre development,with their huge shopping complexes and Bay development. But it wasn't always so,I can remember Swansea when it was a thriving shopping centre,better than Cardiff,but those days are long gone. Swansea has the advantage of it's beautiful bays and beaches,but the shopping centre is in sad decline,through lack of investment and poor decision making by the council over the years.
Like post
Like this post
27 July 2013 21:50 Post ID: #123215 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Union Rangers FC

Talking to someone last night who reckons that the new university site being built in SA1 will trigger a boost of investment in our area along with the planned new lagoon in the bay which apparently will help to increase tourism in the future. Hope he is right and that any extra money that comes in will be used wisely to rebuild our ailing city centre which has really suffered in recent years.

Talk in the stands at Reading today was of the forthcoming trip to Malmo, many have been put off by the high price of official travel or are unable to have use of a computer to look for cheaper options on line. Still reckon we will take a decent following out there, have to say I am excited to be going to Scandanavia for the first time. Heard it is very expensive in Denmark and Sweden so will have to be very frugal and stick to buying the bare minimum.
Like post
Like this post
28 July 2013 21:13 Post ID: #123220 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
valladolid
Missed the match due to a prior engagement in Temple Guiting. Very good result against the bookies favourite team to bounce straight back up. Pre-season friendlies are notoriously bad pointers as to how the season will go,but it's hard not to get excited by our performances so far with seven straight wins.
Like post
Like this post
29 July 2013 00:25 Post ID: #123224 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
West Bromich Albion

Watched a live stream of Malmo's away league match in Sweden today which they lost 2-0, it took me a while to work out which side was which with Malmo wearing red striped shirts instead of their usual pale blue or dark navy when away. Have to say they were a little unlucky not to get anything from that game as their strikers made several openings for themselves with quick interpassing but some near misses and good goal keeping kept them out. They play a similar style to us and had the majority of the possession but were caught out a couple of times on the break. They do look vulnerable to the counter attack and when pressed their cental midfield were often dispossessed so there is plenty for ML to work on.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (150): « First ... 139 140 141
143 144 145 ... Last »
Jump to forum: