Swansea City Forum - The Football Club Names Game
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: 'I'd like to play for an Italian club, like Barcelona'" Mark Draper
- (Added by: sbrjack)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Vote for your man of the match vs Burnley
Suggested By:
Fabianski48%
Naughton0%
Fernandez0%
Mawson0%
Olsson0%
Fer0%
Clucas0%
Sanches28%
Ayew0%
Abraham0%
Dyer8%
Bony16%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W15
2.Dennis Downing7
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.jonno11
6.GThomas1
7.david1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (150): « First ... 138 139 140
142 143 144 ... Last »
The Football Club Names Game
14 July 2013 10:54 Post ID: #123034 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Upper Cwmtwch FC

Think the Dutch tour will have been a good exercise for both management and players, Laudrup will have had time to access his players and try different combinations whilst the players especially the new ones will have had time to bond and get to know our style. Have a feeling Pozuelo is going to have more playing time than most expected, this lad has a football brain and his quick passing and intelligent through balls will be important in the coming season.

Weather is too hot really but will try and get to see some of the air show down on the foreshore although I saw the red arrows performing from outside my front door yesterday. They were awesome as always and was also treated to the site of a Lancaster bomber soaring over my roof as well as a little spitfire.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
15 July 2013 07:21 Post ID: #123041 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
(Rapid)Vienna
The players have three days off before resuming training on Wednesday. A short distance tour like that is good for bonding,but Man Utd's Far East three week tour must be really tough,too far and too long,and Rooney must be fed up of flying after coming straight back home again injured.
I see Monk has given up the on field captaincy to Williams,whilst retaining the role of Club Captain. It's a bit premature I think,there are still strong rumours of Wenger considering a move for Ash,maybe he should have waited until the transfer window closes.
I'd like to have seen the air show,but didn't know it was on until I saw it on the news.
Like post
Like this post
15 July 2013 17:17 Post ID: #123045 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Whitland FC

Have to say you missed a treat as the air show was superb, it's on in Swansea every two years and this the third time I've watched it, the crowds were the biggest I'd ever experienced though it didn't spoil the enjoyment as there is plenty of room along the foreshore. We joined the families enjoying themselves at the lido in Blackpill and managed to find a shaded spot just outside the Junction cafe. The Red Arrows are amazing and we had an excellent view of their performance from our vantage point, they are a fantastic asset for Britain and to also see the World War Two planes flying over made everyone appreciate the service those brave pilots gave to the country. Later in the afternoon we travelled over to the slip to watch the Typhoon which was another amazing site, this modern aircraft can climb vertically from a standing start infact it can do more or less anything and was spectacular to watch. Try and catch the show in 2015 as its well worth it.
Like post
Like this post
16 July 2013 08:16 Post ID: #123052 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Xinjiang Ticai FC
I see Arsenal's centre back Thomas Vermaelen is injured and misses the start of the season. There is a strong rumour again of Arsene Wenger preparing a 20m bid for Williams and Michu,hopefully not true,but he can double that for us to even consider it. He wouldn't pay 10 mill for Williams,and the price has now gone up because he's been made our captain.
Di Santo rumours still flying around but he's done nothing much in his career at all.
Like post
Like this post
16 July 2013 19:50 Post ID: #123055 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Yeovil Town

Going to be a nervy time for Swans fans until the transfer window closes, we seem to have done nearly all our business early whist the big fish are biding their time...would be really disappointed if we lost Michu before the season starts as he is still vital to our progress whilst Ash would be another huge loss especially as he is now our full time captain.

We've signed another promising youngster to join our under 21 squad on a free transfer, he's a right full back from Arsenal (Mead) who might be one for the future and could eventually succeed Rangel if he progresses as hoped. Jazz Richards unfortunately didn't really cover himself in glory on the Dutch tour and could well be used sparingly if at all in prem games, understand that Amat can play across the back and he could well be who ML has in mind as right full back cover.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 16/7/2013 19:52
Like post
Like this post
16 July 2013 20:30 Post ID: #123058 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
(Dinamo)Zagrab
Williams very happy with our new signings,hope he's happy to stay. Maybe the Spanish clan will keep Michu here,he's said repeatedly that he wants to stay.
Jernade Meade,ex-Arsenal left back,free transfer. We have plenty of cover at left back?
Like post
Like this post
16 July 2013 22:58 Post ID: #123061 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Thread fault
Like post
Like this post
16 July 2013 22:58 Post ID: #123062 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Thread fault
Like post
Like this post
16 July 2013 23:02 Post ID: #123063 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Arsenal

Thought for some reason that Meade was a right back as that is the position that needs cover but maybe we are thinking more long term bringing him in along with a few other new youngsters. The young keeper Zabret if he stays will be eligible to be thought of as a British product if he spends a several years here in Britain learning his trade. Makes him a more attractive commodity in the future.

Like post
Like this post
17 July 2013 15:26 Post ID: #123075 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Berwick Rovers
Is he a left footed left back,as I think Taylor and Davies are right footed,not sure though.
He seems to think he can get in the first team. He's very short but tricky apparently. We've got enough short players I would have thought,but if he turns out as good as Leon we'll be happy.
They're strengthening the under 21's though,which is a good thing,as we couldn't match the likes of Colchester under 21's last season.
Like post
Like this post
17 July 2013 16:10 Post ID: #123079 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Colchester United

Our under 21's lost 4-2 yesterday to West Ham so still have a long way to go to match our rivals at that level, seems we are trying to build for the future which is so important. Nearly all our recent youngsters have not made the grade so to have some promising talent from elsewhere will hopefully help our senior squad in years to come. Meade is a left footer as is Taylor and Ben also but do reckon Ben is being primed for a more central defensive role in the future, he certainly seems to have grown taller in the last year having just reached the age of 20 so has another years possible growth before he reaches his maximum height. My one concern at the back is our defensive frailty at corners and free kicks, we just don't have tall enough defenders at times to cope.
Like post
Like this post
18 July 2013 10:12 Post ID: #123086 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Doncaster Rovers
Bit of a shock that,after all the signings to strengthen,I wonder if they all played.
We do lack heighth at the back and Meade is tiny,so you wonder if he can make it.
I see Bony was prominent in defence v ADH,same as Graham,who did so well helping out at the back when he was here.
Like post
Like this post
18 July 2013 10:55 Post ID: #123090 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Everton

Michu did his fair share of defending set pieces last season as did Ki but sometimes we still get caught out like at West Ham last season when Carroll just rose above all our defenders to score.

Chico is back in Swansea now after the death of his father, must be very tough for him having to leave his family back in Spain but hopefully his team mates will help him in the days and weeks ahead. I lost my Dad very suddenly when I was in my thirties and I still miss him very much for his wisdom and advice.
Like post
Like this post
19 July 2013 08:49 Post ID: #123099 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Faro Isles
Is this a Williams come and get me to Arsenal? -
"It means you're doing something right and people are talking about you at least. I take it as a compliment. I don't really read the papers and that type of thing. You don't really know, as that's the future, and I can't really say. Different circumstances determine different things."
Regarding set pieces,always amazes me why Leon is on the near/far post to cover the goalkeeper,how many times have we seen the ball sail over his head into the net.

Like post
Like this post
19 July 2013 17:26 Post ID: #123104 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Grimsby

Yet he has also saved numerous shots off the line low down during his time with us so its swings and roundabouts. Williams is very cagey and I do feel if an good offer came in he'd be off like a shot leaving us with the difficult task of replacing him as our best defender and captain now of course...

Read that Chico is not travelling to the West Country because of a slight injury whilst Bony is apparently still waiting on a work permit...why does it take so long for us to sort these permits out whereas other teams seem to have no problem getting them...is it because we're Welsh in an English league or what?
Like post
Like this post
20 July 2013 07:21 Post ID: #123110 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Heart of Midlothian FC
We've had problems before with work permits. Bony is missing crucial game time unfortunately,but we didn't need him last night as we knocked five past Yeovil. It was pleasing that five different players scored instead of relying on just Michu to score the goals.The absence of Bony allowed Donnelly back as sub,giving the youngster another chance to bond with the first team,and he apparently scored a great volleyed goal.
Like post
Like this post
20 July 2013 15:38 Post ID: #123117 - in reply to #65817
Ivor Allchurch
Inverness Calendonian Thistle

Yes I watched the highlights this morning on the web, we looked slick against a side that lacked quality and who may struggle at championship level. Saw the interview on the Yeovil site with their manager Gary Johnson an old adversary of ours, he was the one who took Trunds to Bristol city and then had no idea where or how to play him. He sounded quite negative regarding his team last night though to be fair to them we did play our first team minus Chico and Bony so were obviously going to be better than them. Just made me appreciate how far we've come, I've been to Yeovil several times in the past and seen us well beaten but last night we just looked a class apart.

Am leaving for Devon tonight so looking forward to seeing our team at Exeter tomorrow, St James Park is another ground I've been to a few times but can go there just to enjoy the game and see first hand how our new players are settling in.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (150): « First ... 138 139 140
142 143 144 ... Last »
Jump to forum: