Swansea City Forum - A to Z Footballers
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: 'I'd like to play for an Italian club, like Barcelona'" Mark Draper
- (Added by: sbrjack)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Vote for your man of the match vs Burnley
Suggested By:
Fabianski48%
Naughton0%
Fernandez0%
Mawson0%
Olsson0%
Fer0%
Clucas0%
Sanches28%
Ayew0%
Abraham0%
Dyer8%
Bony16%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W15
2.Dennis Downing7
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.jonno11
6.GThomas1
7.david1
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (31): « First ... 2 3 4
6 7 8 ... Last »
A to Z Footballers
15 November 2013 15:56 Post ID: #124539 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Quentin Fortune

Caulker is to me one very good defender that got away, suited our style much better than Cardiff as I do feel he has ability on the ground as well as in the air. Rumours suggested he was offered to us before our neighbours but we declined, who knows but his goal against us recently certainly proved that his heading ability is missed at the back. Off field activities might have caused Spurs to off load but again that is just a rumour.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
16 November 2013 10:46 Post ID: #124544 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Roy Keane
He had a few minor problems when he was here,but he was young and away from home.
Received my Norwich ticket yesterday,so next three away matches sorted,Fulham,Man City,and Norwich.
Some odd times there,with Man City kick off Sun 4.10 pm,and Norwich Sun 1.30 pm,thankfully Fulham is a normal Saturday 3 pm
Like post
Like this post
16 November 2013 13:34 Post ID: #124548 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Stephen Caulker

No football at all this weekend which really gets fans of top teams down, caught the end of the England v Chile game last which certainly proved the point that under Roy Hodgson our neighbours are going nowhere with their antiquated style of play. If you can't hold onto the ball and just rely on the flair of a couple of decent players you won't get very far in World football, Chile on the other hand played as a unit with purpose and great passing skills, a bit like us at our best I thought. Would like to see us press more all over the pitch which leads to regaining possession as Chile did, we used to do it regularly under Rodgers but this season in particular it is only Leon who seems to harry opponents into errors.
Like post
Like this post
17 November 2013 09:32 Post ID: #124560 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Tom Ince
Wales had four Swans players in last night v Finland,Davies,Taylor,Williams,and Richards,but had a touch of the wobbles at the end as Finland equalised. A poor clearance led to Finland breaking away and flatfooting the defence,and with Myhill slow to come out,their player slotted home. Still,Wales looked promising in parts,and they have the nucleus of a good team,with Bale,Ramsey,and the Swans players.
Chile looked good against England,although I'm not enarmoured with Hodgson.
Like post
Like this post
17 November 2013 14:40 Post ID: #124567 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Upson (Matthew)

Caught the end of the Wales game and it was deja vu for our two defenders Ash and Ben conceding in injury time, think it wasn't Myhill in goal it was the other tall blond lad who has been out with injuries whose name escapes me. Wales sadly will always find it tough to qualify for major competitions as our nucleus of good players is so small compared with other smaller nations.
Like post
Like this post
18 November 2013 10:24 Post ID: #124578 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Venison,Barry
Checked and it was Wayne Hennessey (Yeovil) in goal,Owain Fon Williams (Tranmere) was the unused sub.
Glyn Boaz Myhill (West Brom) pulled out of the game injured. Lewis Price (Palace) was called up as a replacement but withdrew a day later,reason unknown. Twenty year old Danny Ward (Liverpool),captured from Wrexham in Jan 2012,replaced him.
No mention of our own David Cornell,twenty three years old,out on loan and forgotten,at St.Mirren.
Like post
Like this post
18 November 2013 16:37 Post ID: #124582 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Watkins (Steve)

Out of sight out of mind maybe with regard to David Cornell, not sure if he is regularly playing in Scotland at the moment but he did well apparently when on loan at Hereford. Whether Swans will still want him next season is open to debate as we have brought in that foreign youngster who was on the bench recently against Stoke. I understand Tony Pennock has recently left the youth set up, rumours suggest that the management have not been happy with the quality coming through the ranks of late. From my experience it has not been as it should with kids not always chosen on merit rather through connections which never works in the long term....
Like post
Like this post
19 November 2013 10:01 Post ID: #124594 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Xhafa (Fjodor), Albania
So Shelvey is apparently between England Under 21's and the England full team.Gareth Southgate hasn't picked him since taking over the reins of the Under 21's,thinking he would be picked for the seniors,but this has not happened,so he may be in contention for the next matches. I don't think he's been in good form,that's why he's not been picked,so knuckle down Jonjo!
The Ince rumour gathers pace,but he says he's not leaving Blackpool mid-season.He's coming to the end of his contract,so one would think Blackpool would either want him to sign a new contract or move on while they can still get some money for him.
Like post
Like this post
19 November 2013 10:36 Post ID: #124598 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Young (Neil)

Not sure Ince would want to come to us especially if Laudrup moves on at the end of the season as most think he will...as for Jonjo he needs to decide if he wants to be the best he can be and for that to happen he needs to be completely professional both on and off the field. Wayne has not been the same player of late not sure why but if you give of yourself completely then there are no regrets later in life.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 22/11/2013 16:42
Like post
Like this post
20 November 2013 09:23 Post ID: #124605 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
(Melvin) Zaalman,FC Dordrecht
Ince may be too expensive for us anyway,we baulked at the 8mill price tag in the summer,Cardiff did not,but Ince strangely turned down the chance to play in the PL with them. Regarding Laudrup moving on,maybe this was why Ki was only loaned out instead of sold,as HJ is a big admirer.
UK City of Culture 2017 has been awarded to Hull,as the Swansea Bay bid loses out,and the potential millions of pounds of investment disappear with it.Strange decision as Hull is such a dull place. I wonder where Phil Redmond,Chairman of the Select Committee who chose Hull,would prefer to spend his holidays,dull Hull,or vibrant Swansea Bay and Gower Coast.

Edited by keith margam 20/11/2013 09:30
Like post
Like this post
20 November 2013 14:24 Post ID: #124609 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Ashley Cole

If ever there was a political decision made over the city of culture then this it, maybe it went to Hull as they were city needing the most investment as it certainly couldn't have been awarded on merit. Never mind I'm just grateful I live in this part of the UK, I know the city itself is in need of investment but the natural beauty of the area is unparallelled. We have Mumbles, Gower and all the fabulous parks on our doorstep and the people are the friendliest you'll ever meet. My brother has just retired having worked in London for over thirty years and couldn't wait to move back home to Swansea, he's so happy to be able to spend his later life here as are many other exiles.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 22/11/2013 16:43
Like post
Like this post
21 November 2013 09:55 Post ID: #124614 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
(Reda) Baabouche, MC Alger
I'm not surprised he wanted to get out of London. Beneath the facade of glitz and glamour,London is a city over populated with immigrants,who are quickly erasing the British culture and transforming the city into one big cosmopolitan bazaar. Most Brits commute to work from outside London and leave the immigrants to gobble up the housing to enlarge their ghettos.
Regarding the Hull win,it was an unanimous decision by the committee,and I was surprised to hear that there was at least one Welsh person on it.
Like post
Like this post
21 November 2013 13:24 Post ID: #124620 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Clinton Brown

He lived in the suburbs but worked in an inner city school where social problems sometimes made teaching very difficult, he did however take some of the kids on organised school trips to Swansea and Gower on a fairly regular basis. They loved coming to Wales and he met many in recent years who still remember their visits here and seeing the sea some for the first time. We don't realise how lucky we are compared with some who live in cities around the country, I've travelled around with the Swans but am always glad to be coming home after our trips.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 22/11/2013 16:43
Like post
Like this post
22 November 2013 10:38 Post ID: #124627 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Gaetano D' Agostino fiorentina
I like ML's comments about accountability from refs. He revealed that ref's chief Mike Riley has contacted him after the Stoke match,and also after the Lamah goal disallowed at WBA last season,but no public apology for either incident.
"After Stoke, they talked on Match of the Day and maybe on Sky about the penalty, but after 24 or 48 hours, apart from those people who care about Swansea, who cared?"
Yeh,all forgotten,but we are minus 2 points and Stoke are plus i point,very important at the end of the season.
Do the decisions for and against balance out over the season? Well we've had one penalty given since the start of last season,so in our case no,and some poor calls in that time. Recently Cole raising his arms to block a cross in the West Ham match for a blatant penalty not given,two points dropped.

Like post
Like this post
22 November 2013 16:34 Post ID: #124631 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Eddie Howe

All we can do is keep pointing out travesties of justice regarding decisions but with us being one of the minnows our voice is never going to be as strong as say Man U or Arsenal. It is difficult when margins between a win, a draw or defeat are so close, as you say we've lost several points unfairly of late not many gained likewise though. I long for the day when we get a referee that actually likes us or is at least fair so how about it tomorrow at Fulham Mr Marriner....won't hold my breath.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 22/11/2013 16:41
Like post
Like this post
24 November 2013 09:45 Post ID: #124642 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Fabbrini (Diego), Watford
Free programme,beer £2 a pint,a win for the boys,and a pleasant day in London was had by all,except Fulham fans of course.
We still have the defensive frailties of late,without wishing to single anyone out,and we panicked towards the end with mass defence,after conceding so many late goals recently,but this time we held steady for a well deserved win after dominating most of the match.
Strong rumours of 25 year old Mexico,and Espanyol central defender Hector Moreno coming in January to bolster our defence,with the injury prone Monk probably moving over to the coaching side if it comes about.
Like post
Like this post
24 November 2013 16:17 Post ID: #124648 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Garth Cooks

Had a great day at Fulham, really enjoy going to Craven Cottage and gaining another win......however I must say the seats we the away season ticket holders were given were a disgrace. We couldn't have had worse and struggled to see anything near the goalmouth being so far away in the corner when others who bought late were given the best available. Will be speaking to someone in the ticket office tomorrow as this can't keep happening, please if anyone is reading this and has been having similar problems make your feelings known.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (31): « First ... 2 3 4
6 7 8 ... Last »
Jump to forum: