Swansea City Forum - A to Z Footballers
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: 'To play Holland, you have to play the Dutch" Rudd Gullit
- (Added by: sbrjack)
Current Poll (see more polls)
What will the result be vs Burnley
Suggested By:
Burnley win67%
Draw19%
Swansea City win14%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W13
2.Dennis Downing5
3.KevinE4
4.GThomas1
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (31): « First 1 2 3
5 6 7 ... Last »
A to Z Footballers
07 November 2013 20:22 Post ID: #124459 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Charlie Adam
Groundhog Day all over again as we blow it in injury time for the second time. Good first half but very few chances created,then a dreaful second half where we lost possesion countless times. Even the gift of a sending off and Kuban down to ten men couldn't wake us up from our lethargy.
ML's laid back attitude in post match interviews is slightly annoying lately,he thought that we played well? Tip Tap football back to the defence all the time put us under unecessary pressure,instead of taking the game by the scruff of the neck and taking advantage of their one man short. Guzman yet again was poor and was limping for the last 20 mins. Routledge,except for one or two moves was anonymous.Vasquez another poor signing so far.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
08 November 2013 15:41 Post ID: #124465 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Daniel Sturridge

Disappointing end to what was always going to be a difficult game, there were positives especially in the first half with Pozuelo probing, Lamah working well and Bony getting the early goal. Unfortunately we fell back into our now familiar pattern of giving away possession and losing control in midfield, De Guzman is weak in a defensive capacity whilst Canas is yet to become the player we hope he can be. Missing chances as we did was always going to leave us in a precarious position and with their potent striker brought on late he did well to get that late equaliser but really we should have wrapped the game up by then.

Oh well we move on to Sunday, an important league game & being ever the optimist am hoping for three points that we really could do with after all the disappointments of late.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 8/11/2013 15:42
Like post
Like this post
09 November 2013 10:51 Post ID: #124474 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Edwin Van Der Sar
Stoke is a must win for us.They are one point above the relegation places in 17th place. We have to beat these teams if we are to survive.
We are not playing well at all,and have lost our much admired football ethics. Our midfield is not performing and our wingers are bunching together in midfield. Who is the midfield ball winner,certainly not de Guzman,only Leon when he plays.
My netbook is playing up again.I have two uninvited programmes trying to install themselves all the time and I can't get rid of them. It's slowed my computer right down and I've failed with various forum solutions.I'm picking up these bugs on football sites and I'm going to have to revert to factory settings and re-install everything on my computer again,for the second time in the last few months
Like post
Like this post
09 November 2013 13:09 Post ID: #124478 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Frank Worthington

It is frustrating having computer problems, I usually leave things up to my better half to sort out as he is far more knowledgeable than I but we've had our fair share of viruses etc in the past. Our latest broadband service via BT is noticeably quicker than before but had to change computers to get benefit so did lose all my downloaded music etc which couldn't be transferred for some reason.

Game tomorrow is important but it is still relatively early in the season to call it a must win, obviously need the points but from a confidence point of view the team need the win as well as the fans of course. The Cardiff result has really dampened the spirits locally, don't think ML really understands how we feel to have lost to them and it could take some time for us to regain the feel good feeling we've enjoyed since his arrival, a win against Stole would help though of course.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 9/11/2013 13:11
Like post
Like this post
10 November 2013 10:17 Post ID: #124482 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Gareth Bale
I've partly solved my computer problem by going to Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs - and deleting recently downloaded programs. Didn't even recognise what I was deleting,but one of the deletions was definitely a self downloading virus.I've still got one program I cant get rid of,it keeps on wanting to download
Jol targets lesser sides to get out of trouble-guess who they're playing next (if he's still in charge).Southampton thrash Hull,Palace hold Everton,Villa show us how to beat Cardiff,West Brom draw after Chelsea non penalty,Liverpool's Suarez murders Fulham,Norwich show us how to beat West Ham
Like post
Like this post
10 November 2013 10:17 Post ID: #124483 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Gareth Bale
I've partly solved my computer problem by going to Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs - and deleting recently downloaded programs. Didn't even recognise what I was deleting,but one of the deletions was definitely a self downloading virus.I've still got one program I cant get rid of,it keeps on wanting to download
Jol targets lesser sides to get out of trouble-guess who they're playing next (if he's still in charge).Southampton thrash Hull,Palace hold Everton,Villa show us how to beat Cardiff,West Brom draw after Chelsea non penalty,Liverpool's Suarez murders Fulham,Norwich show us how to beat West Ham
Like post
Like this post
10 November 2013 10:17 Post ID: #124484 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Gareth Bale
Like post
Like this post
10 November 2013 10:17 Post ID: #124485 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Gareth Bale
I've partly solved my computer problem by going to Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs - and deleting recently downloaded programs. Didn't even recognise what I was deleting,but one of the deletions was definitely a self downloading virus.I've still got one program I cant get rid of,it keeps on wanting to download onto my computer,and a download message caption keeps on popping up on screen,so annoying.
Jol targets lesser sides to get out of trouble-guess who they're playing next (if he's still in charge).
Southampton up to third as they thrash Hull,Palace hold Everton,Villa show us how to beat Cardiff,West Brom draw after being robbed by Chelsea getting a very dubious penalty,Liverpool's Suarez murders Fulham,Norwich show us how to beat West Ham.

Edited by keith margam 10/11/2013 10:23
Like post
Like this post
10 November 2013 13:07 Post ID: #124490 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Herbie Williams

Feeling quite nervous about our game today, need to get it right on the field against a big side like Stoke. Hope our players have right attitude and the fans are patient if things don't go our way early on.
Like post
Like this post
11 November 2013 07:55 Post ID: #124499 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Ingram,Brian
You had every right to be nervous about Stoke,and so it turned out,as they raced into a two goal lead,eventually we woke up second half and the end result was a draw. We are now on the fringes of the dogfight at the bottom of the table and we have a two week break to reflect on where we go from here. We are feeling the effects of the Europa League,no doubt,and to play a really tough game within 48 hours of landing on home soil after the Russia match was too much to ask of our players. Even Spurs.who had a home Europa tie on the same Thursday night.and a stronger squad than ours,lost at home yesterday.
Like post
Like this post
12 November 2013 08:53 Post ID: #124504 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Jon Adams
What we need to do is capture that second half spirit and reproduce it for the rest of the season.
Meanwhile Stoke player Jon Walters has diverted attention from the crazy refereeing decision that robbed Swans of two points,by attacking Chico in Stoke's local newspaper for pretending to be struck in the face by Frenchman Steven Nzonzi to try and get him sent off. Only Chico knows whether he was hit or not,but his theatricals have no place in a Swans team renowned for it's good football and fair play. Mind you Nzonzi is no angel and was involved with his sports car in a hit and run incident with a cyclist recently.
Like post
Like this post
12 November 2013 23:25 Post ID: #124512 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Kyle Walker

Been away for a couple of days but still feel as angry towards the ref as I did three days ago, I honestly believe that he was hell bent on giving Stoke every possible decision. Too much of a coincidence for him to give a non existent penalty at the last possible moment having previously just given handball and a repeated corner which were incorrect calls. He may have been a rookie taking only his third prem game but he knew exactly what he was doing and the worst of it is that he will get away with it as do other unfair officials who bear a grudge for whatever reason.
Like post
Like this post
13 November 2013 10:21 Post ID: #124516 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Leighton Baines
The worlwide Press have picked up on the Jon Walters attack on Chico's supposed playacting after their local paper's report. Talk about people in glass house,with that bunch of thugs at Stoke,especially Charlie Adam,renowned for his dirty play. The only fault with Chico is that he's not a very good actor,as you see every week,there are so many players cheating to get penalties and free kicks,and Stoke had their fair share of them on Sunday. Chico will now be a marked man with refs,after a fellow professional has sought publicity by decrying Chico publicly.
As for the ref,he was determined that Stoke should get the draw,and if Adam had missed the penalty,then the kick could well have been retaken. He seemed to want to even things out after perhaps thinking he'd made a wrong decision earlier,in our favour. It will be interesting to see if there are any repercussions after the referees assessoor makes his report on the game. For me it wasn't Chico that was the cheat on Sunday,it was the ref.
Like post
Like this post
13 November 2013 15:45 Post ID: #124521 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Michael Owen

Chico certainly doesn't do himself any favours with his over the top reactions at times, best if he just concentrated on his game and got on with it but he was seen acting in a Spanish music video not so long ago so probably thinks he can do both. As you say Stoke had much to say about the matter but as well as Adams their keeper was disgraceful on the day, time wasting from very early one and then pushing our player twice when his team were behind yet getting away with it. Apparently he made inappropriate gestures to our fans post match which says a lot about him...
Like post
Like this post
14 November 2013 10:38 Post ID: #124526 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Nadir Belhadj
The incident may have been a reaction to an earlier foul by Nzonzi on Chico. It's ironic that as soon as we step out of line there is someone waiting to criticise,yet we see this play acting going on every week with impunity,from other teams,and it is more or less taken for granted.
Stoke have made their reputation in this league with rough and tough,up and under,high ball football with their giant players,and one would have thought they would be the last team to criticise another for their tactics.
Like post
Like this post
14 November 2013 17:32 Post ID: #124530 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Owen Hargreaves

Just glad we watch the Swans on a regular basis and not Stoke who even with new manager Hughes in charge epitimise everything that is wrong with the "British" game. Thankfully there seem to be less of these physical teams in the prem these days but with Cardiff joining the elite along with Sam Allardyce's West Ham we still have more than enough of these route one teams.
Like post
Like this post
15 November 2013 08:52 Post ID: #124535 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Paulo Sousa
West Ham,Stoke and Cardiff,are the types of robust teams we never seem to do well against,because we lack height in defence,and we have midfielders who do not like to tackle,such as de Guzman.
In our first season back in the PL we had the heading prowess of 6'3" Caulker to compensate,but with ML preferring more mobile central defenders,we do tend to struggle with high balls.
Caulker is still only 21 and an England International. At 8mill he was a bargain,and would have been the ideal replacement for Monk,and I was surprised when Spurs let him go.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (31): « First 1 2 3
5 6 7 ... Last »
Jump to forum: