Swansea City Forum - A to Z Footballers
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: 'I always used to put my right boot on first, and then obviously my right sock.' - Barry Venison
- (Added by: KevinE)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Vote for your man of the match vs Leicester City
Suggested By:
Fabianski96%
Naughton0%
Fernandez0%
Mawson2%
Olsson0%
Britton0%
Sanches0%
Carroll0%
Ayew0%
Abraham0%
Narsingh0%
Ki0%
Dyer2%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W11
2.GThomas5
3.Dennis Downing3
4.yugo231
5.Vital Swansea City1
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (31): « First ... 27 28 29
31 Last »
A to Z Footballers
01 September 2014 09:10 Post ID: #127136 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Jaager(Enar),Lierse,Belgium

Countdown to the transfer window closing,14 hours from now,and hopefully HJ has got his mobile switched off again! I'll be glad when it's finished so that we can relax,at least until until January,when the speculation will start all over again. A lot of activity happens last day and with Spurs losing at home they'll be on the look out for some last minute action. Rose picked for England and keeping Ben on the bench,what on earth did he go there for? Also Vorm has disappeared altogether ,not even sub,with Friedel preferred as understudy to Lloris.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
01 September 2014 16:48 Post ID: #127140 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Kieran Dyer

Personally I think Ben will do well at Spurs, he will have to be patient but to me he looks a much better option at left back than Rose, infact the Spurs fans do not rate the England player very highly as could be seen yesterday in their game against Liverpool. When Ben did come on he was more assured and didn't give the ball away once, shame the team ignored one of two of his probing runs and get bogged down in the middle.

Still holding my breath over Bony, talk sport radio were waxing lyrical over him earlier saying he would be perfect for Arsenal and would get more goals than he would at Swansea....what are they on about as we play the same type of football as the Gooners and Wilf scored over 20 for us last year. As the clock ticks down with just over 6 hours to go thankfully it seems we will still have our Ivorian for another four months at least as there seems no transfer news regarding him.

No news either on any one coming in as yet apart from the winger Barrow who will play tonight for the under 21's at Landore. Can't make that game although would like to see him and the other youngsters on show including the other new comers from Spurs and Cyprus I think it was.

Like post
Like this post
02 September 2014 08:44 Post ID: #127145 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Labidi(Zakarie),Lyon

Great news that Bony stays,and at last the window has finally closed until January. He can now start scoring again,starting at Chelsea!
It seems that HJ had no intention of spending too much money,with Stambouli and Timothee snatched from under our noses with better offers.
Pochettino is another manager to add to the list we have to be wary of,the same as Martinez,Rodgers,and Benitez,as they all watch our players and our targets,to see who they can steal.
Martinez took Besic, Pochettino took Stambouli,Davies and Vorm, Benitez took Michu and Guzman,and Rodgers almost took Bony and Williams,besides his previous snatches.
Like post
Like this post
02 September 2014 08:51 Post ID: #127146 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Labidi(Zakarie),Lyon

Great news that Bony stays,and at last the window has finally closed until January. He can now start scoring again,starting at Chelsea!
It seems that HJ left the stadium early yesterday,and had no intention of bringing in any more players,so targets Stambouli and Timothee were duly snatched from under our noses by other clubs.
Pochettino is another to add to the list of managers we have to be wary of,the same as Martinez,Rodgers,and Benitez,as they all scrutinise our players and our targets,to see who they can steal.
Martinez took Besic, Pochettino took Stambouli,Davies and Vorm, Benitez took Michu and Guzman,and Rodgers almost took Bony and Williams,besides his previous snatches.
Like post
Like this post
03 September 2014 08:34 Post ID: #127158 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Maah(Robert),CFR Cluj,Roumania

Hodgson says our English players are not forgotten and that he gets a weekly report on all the English players at PL clubs,but will he ever pick ours.
Saw a video of the flashing advertising boards facing the fans in the East Stand. It was taken from the front row,and I can see why they're complaining. It restricts their view and it must be awful watching the match with flashing lights in your vision throughout.
Also some of the floodlights didn't seem to be directed on to the pitch correctly,instead dazzling the fans seated.This affected us in the Rotherham match from where we were sitting in the West Stand,can't say I noticed it last season,so has anything changed since.

Edited by keith margam 3/9/2014 09:37
Like post
Like this post
03 September 2014 22:13 Post ID: #127163 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Neil Taylor

The floodlights at the Liberty were changed in the summer and I noticed they were in a different position from my seat in the East stand. I'm towards the back so didn't affect me too much at the Rotherham game though those flashing advertising boards did even from where I was sitting. Felt really sorry for those at the front of our stand but last Saturday they did look less bright though of course it was a sunny day so may not have been so noticable. Does seem a stupid idea as we are supposed to be watching a match not reading constant messages asking if we need a funeral director or new carpets, so much for enhancing our match day experience!

Edited by Swan_Lady2 3/9/2014 22:14
Like post
Like this post
04 September 2014 09:16 Post ID: #127167 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Oar(Thomas),Utrecht

First I've heard about the floodlights being renewed,are the new ones brighter? There must have been a problem with the old ones then.
I suppose the issue of the flashing boards is the close proximity to the fans. From the West Stand they have always been flashing at us,but at a distance. They are for the tv cameras and do not go right around the ground.
Now they are utilising the other side of these boards to advertise to the fans and it's obviously a nuisance. I would have thought it's also a Health & Safety issue with the seats being too close to the flashing lights.
Like post
Like this post
04 September 2014 14:56 Post ID: #127174 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Paul Power

For the revenue involved it is not worth risking the wrath of fans who are having their match day experience ruined. The adverts on our side of the boards in the East and South stands are different from the ones pointing at the tv cameras and are a real distraction for those in the front few rows. Leigh Dineen needs to address this by sitting there himself for a game or two to see what the fans are having to put up with, resentment is starting to grow so he's better get his act together as we no longer seem to be a club who cares about the fans which is not what was supposed to happen when the Swans trust was set up.
Like post
Like this post
05 September 2014 09:08 Post ID: #127180 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Quagliarella(Fabio),Juventus

I'm sure they'll sort something out though.
Regarding the Utrecht complaint to Fifa about not receiving a percentage of Vorm's transfer fee. I've seen speculated transfer fees ranging from zero to £5.5m on various sites. IMO we would hardly sell him for nothing,and Utrecht have the right to a percentage of what profit was made over the £1.5m that we originally paid. Disguising it in a swap deal is not fair and will give us a bad name,we should pay up. Our transfer business this close season has gone well,with us clearing the decks of the dead wood. There are still a few non productive players left,such as Curtis Obeng, who has surprisingly been named in the 25 man squad,another,fans favourite Tate,has not. I hope they can find a role for him within the club after his loyal service.
Like post
Like this post
05 September 2014 15:55 Post ID: #127186 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Ryan Bertram

Obeng is a surprise addition in the 25, maybe Monk sees something there that no previous manager has done though we have yet to see him in a Swans shirt even on the subs bench. As for Tatey his time is sadly over as a player, as much as I respected him during his playing days we can't keep finding jobs for the boys and not everyone is suitable as a coach. You need to be well organised and have a good rapport with youngsters as well as achieve the necessary coaching badges and with Curt, O'Leary and Trunds already on the books in some capacity or another not sure there is room for another ex player at this time.
Like post
Like this post
06 September 2014 09:20 Post ID: #127190 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Saad Assis,Barcelona

Well,ironically,Obeng scored in the latest Under 21's Development Squad match v Sheff Wed,to put them ahead from the penalty spot. Wednesday then had a player sent off,changed their formation,and won 2-1,with our lot fading badly in the second half against 10 men. There's been a lot of investment in the under 21's this close season,so it's a surprise we're not doing better.
Alan Tate was a legend for Swansea during the dark days,certainly more of a hero than KOL. I'm sure HJ recognises this and will find some role for him within the club,that now has over 300 employees (read it somewhere and couldn't believe it either!).
Like post
Like this post
06 September 2014 12:25 Post ID: #127194 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Tom Carrol

Think the younger Swans age groups are our future, unfortunately the majority of the existing under 21's and older have failed to improve and break through yet some have been given extended contracts despite their lack of progress. We are seeing that new players from other clubs are having to be brought in to bolster the squad, let's hope in future all players are chosen on merit alone.
Like post
Like this post
07 September 2014 09:37 Post ID: #127201 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Ubiparip(Vojo),Lech,Poland

Hopefully the huge investment to attain Category 1 status will pay off for us in the future.
When is the PL Manager of the Month award for August announced,it's already 7 Sept?
Has Javier Garcia made a difference as our new goalkeeping coach?
Who will get the left back spot for Wales? Taylor has to be chosen for me,as Ben has had little game time since his exit from the Swans,with a few sub appearances and a cup game.It seems as if he will now be understudy to Danny Rose at Spurs,so far it's not turning out as expected.

Like post
Like this post
07 September 2014 14:51 Post ID: #127205 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Vinnie Jones

Expect the manager of the month will be announced sometime in the coming week although with the international break they might leave it until next Friday, either Garry or Jose will get it ...

So far Garcia seems to have proved his worth although having new keeper Fabianski to work with is a plus for him. With Vorm and Tremmel both struggling for form last season something had to change, Monk will have seen the decline as did the rest of us so to take the step of sacking the previous long term coach was a necessary action along with changing our first choice keeper.
Like post
Like this post
10 October 2016 17:58 Post ID: #128570 - in reply to #123990
Willy Gueret
Like post
Like this post
11 October 2016 17:31 Post ID: #128587 - in reply to #123990
Robbie James
Yannick Bolasie
Like post