Swansea City Forum - A to Z Footballers
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: 'Martin O'Neill, standing, hands on hips, stroking his chin.'
- (Added by: KevinE)
Current Poll (see more polls)
What will the result be vs Bournemouth?
Suggested By:
Swansea City win38%
Draw12%
Bournemouth win50%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W15
2.Dennis Downing7
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.jonno11
6.GThomas1
7.david1
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (31): « First ... 24 25 26
28 29 30 Last »
A to Z Footballers
04 August 2014 13:01 Post ID: #126848 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Lionel Messi

Was more heartened having watched the Reading game, good to see Gomis put in a good shift along with Siggy who worked hard throughout. Wayne looked sharp and took his goals well, of course Bony helped create several chances and despite missing the penalty looked close to his best. Have a feeling of dread as they keep talking about his departure, I agree about Jenkins and believe that he should be doing everything in his power to keep him not saying that we have received no offers which indicates we are ready to sell at the right price. Foolish talk and could well come back to haunt us should we struggle to score without him next season.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
05 August 2014 11:04 Post ID: #126852 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Mabiala(Larrys),Karabukspor,Turkey
I don't know where these stories are coming from or how true they are,but the media this morning are saying Monk has failed to persuade Bony to stay,he wants to move on,and that Swansea have contacted Spurs and Liverpool to tell them they will now accept less than the 19 mill release fee.
It's hard to believe we're that dull,and that desperate to sell,so we'll have to hold back on any angry outbursts until the details are known,but it doesn't sound too good does it.
Like post
Like this post
05 August 2014 22:25 Post ID: #126857 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Nathan Dyer

It's all very unsettling for our fans firstly having to endure Ben's protracted departure along with Vorm & now these constant press rumours about our leading scorer wanting to go. With Michu also spouting enthusiastically of his move to a bigger club am starting to get a little dispirited with the opening league fixture on the horizon, we need some more positive transfer news in the days ahead to lift the gloom.
Like post
Like this post
06 August 2014 08:40 Post ID: #126862 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Maak(Matthius),Kapfenburg,Austria
The reporter that started the Bony lies about us contacting clubs to sell at a reduced fee purportedly because Bony wants to go,is Darren Lewis of Mirror Sport.He should not be allowed to lie in a Press article about us,and should be reprimanded and banned from our stadium,it's not the first time he's done this,purely to get a name for himself. All the other papers followed and made it a big issue. A Swans official has called the reports farcical.

Edited by keith margam 6/8/2014 08:44
Like post
Like this post
06 August 2014 18:15 Post ID: #126866 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Owen (Michael)

I rarely if ever read the tabloids as they are totally biased towards the London and Manchester clubs and see us as cannon fodder when it comes to matches and the availability of our players. What goes around comes around and the reporter who wrote those lies about our club will rue his inventive journalism one day when no one takes him seriously.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 6/8/2014 18:17
Like post
Like this post
07 August 2014 10:24 Post ID: #126871 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Peter Withe
Frightening that half the team that played in both legs against Napoli under Monk are now gone - Vorm/Chico/Davies/Canas/Hernandez,four of the five were defensive players
It's a huge gamble by GM sweeping the board clean. I hope it works out,but can't help feeling nervous starting the season at Man U with a bunch of new players still getting to know each other.
Like post
Like this post
07 August 2014 13:58 Post ID: #126875 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Quentin Fortune

We have bought in some good players to replace those that have gone so with hopefully a few more to come in it is not a desperate situation but as you say it will take time for them all to gel. Man U will be tough no doubt but we have nothing to lose up there, its the Burnley and West Brom games that will be the important ones. We have a good first eleven already barring cover at right back and with Leon and Marvin to back come in plus a few extra late additions I'm trusting that the chairman and manager have done it right. Maybe we did need to cull the Spaniards if there was disharmony but it saddens me that we won't see Pablo, Chico and Michu again.
Like post
Like this post
08 August 2014 09:45 Post ID: #126883 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Racz(Zsofia),Viktoria,Hungary
It will be strange tomorrow watching the team walk out on the pitch with so many favourites gone and new faces coming in. I can't remember such a big clear out before,and whilst understanding the reasons for it,I hope it does not backfire on us. For me,a huge plus would be keeping Bony,and I wish HJ would pull the shutters down and end the speculation by saying it's too late to do any more business,nobody else is leaving. After being tortured by the Press all summer that Bony was on his way,it's time to shut them up until January.
Like post
Like this post
08 August 2014 19:33 Post ID: #126888 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Shaun McDonald

One more friendly to go then.. our first at home. Some of my friends refuse to attend but I enjoy these games as it gives us a chance to see new players & formations without the stress of needing points. Villarreal are a good side so this will be quite a test for our new look side.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 8/8/2014 19:35
Like post
Like this post
09 August 2014 09:25 Post ID: #126894 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Tacot(Sergiu),Parnassos,Cyprus
Yes,I know quite a few who are not interested in friendlies,but it's good opposition and I'm looking forward to the game. New team,new playing strip,new tactics,what more does it take to attract people.
Some have not even received their season tickets yet. Organisers seem to think there's plenty of time to send out these tickets,with us being away first match,but last minute distribution smacks of unprofessionalism to me. Yet we've received away tickets well in advance,I've got my Chelsea ticket through the post already,and that match is not played until Sept 13,five weeks on from now.
Like post
Like this post
09 August 2014 10:19 Post ID: #126898 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Upson (Matthew)

One of my family members has yet to receive his season, he mysteriously received a carers ticket through the post yesterday. When I went to the ticket office to point out their error they said that this had happened to some others but they couldn't tell me if the correct one had already been sent out. They seemed unconcerned and just said that if his ticket had not arrived by 18th he could have another printed. ...what an attitude to take when the ticket was paid for months ago and it would mean another trip to the office to get it. I despair at their incompetency and wish Myra was still around to do it right from her little office in William Street.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 9/8/2014 10:20
Like post
Like this post
10 August 2014 08:39 Post ID: #126905 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Valerenga FC,Norway
What a shambolic display yesterday,it looked as if the players had just met up for the first time,they could hardly string two passes together,clueless,wrong formation,what was Gary thinking? Villarreal ran rings around us,how embarassing,they could easily have doubled the score.
What was a huge concern for me was that he didn't even try to change it when it was plain to see after the first few minutes that 4-4-2 wasn't working,and that we had only inexperienced kids on the bench.
Ki and Shelvey did not work out together in midfield,Siggy is not a winger,and two up front did not work either,Bony and Gomis were going for the same balls.
Ironically,Villarreal played like we used to play. We need an injection of quality players pronto,and get back to our passing game,otherwise it's going to be a long season of discontent with GM in charge. I fear we are going to get hammered next week.
Like post
Like this post
10 August 2014 12:44 Post ID: #126910 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Willian

As you say could have been six yesterday, we looked very shaky at the back because we had no protection at all from midfield and they just ran through us at will.

There is a trust forum on thursday night at the Liberty which I won't be able to attend but I hope whoever is there will ask for some answers as to why we appear to be abandoning our style and going back to the days of Kenny Jackett but without the defence to cope with it. Midfield is key yet we no longer have the right players apart from Leon who may be past his best this season, Shelvey is a liability as far as I am concerned and Ki is better playing in attacking midfield role not defensive. At least this game has highlighted some of our frailties so getting an experienced defender and another decent ball playing midfielder is vital to our survival.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 10/8/2014 12:46
Like post
Like this post
11 August 2014 10:10 Post ID: #126914 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Xhaka (Taulant ), FC Basel
Why on earth was he experimenting with formations with our first league match only a week away. I can't believe that's the team and tactics for next Saturday. We have five days to sort it out,any new player coming in will not be ready,so we have to go with what we've got. Routledge and Dyer back in and a return to the old 4-5-1 system that the players know so well.
The problem position is defensive midfield,as you say,both Ki nor Shelvey are capable there,they're a liability. Canas has gone and his lined up replacement Muhamed Besic went to Everton to sit on the subs bench,yet another interference from an ex manager watching us like a hawk.The next one will be the leprechaun,to take Bony to Liverpool,so our dilemma of who to play lone ranger up front will be solved. With the money we can get two or three quality players to help us stay up.

Like post
Like this post
11 August 2014 15:07 Post ID: #126918 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Yorath (Terry)

On the official site this morning was slightly confused to see a picture of Federico Bessone and thought maybe we'd mixed him up with the new signing (well hopefully) Federico Fernandez. Apparently our old right back is back here training with the under 21's trying to get fit enough to attract a new club. Yet another case of the grass appearing greener elsewhere and I have no doubt he rues his decision to go to Leeds where he was a disaster waiting to happen. There is still no word on a new centre back we are tipped to sign or any other signing for that matter... think our chairman has been caught out a bit this transfer window and is struggling to work out his comings and goings in time for the start of the season. We've not had a lot of money coming in more or less giving away most of our Spanish assets but this is no time to be scrouge like with our deficiencies there for all to see last Saturday.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 11/8/2014 15:08
Like post
Like this post
12 August 2014 08:46 Post ID: #126923 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
(NK) Zavrc,Slovenia
Three names mentioned to bolster our squad, Federico Fernandez - centre back - Napoli Italy (Serie A),
Benjamin Stambouli - defensive midfielder - Montpellier (France Ligue 1), Timothée Kolodziejczak (Kolo) - left back/winger - Nice (France Ligue 1).
Whether we can get them is another thing,but I would also like to see cover for Rangel at right back,and another forward to cover Bony's possible last minute departure.
Like post
Like this post
12 August 2014 17:03 Post ID: #126929 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Adam Matthews

Seems our interest in the above ex Cardiff player has cooled but those three that you have mentioned above would certainly bring the necessary quality we are currently short of. Guess we'll have to be patient and hope that Jenkins can do the deals asap and definitely before the end of the month.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (31): « First ... 24 25 26
28 29 30 Last »
Jump to forum: