Swansea City Forum - A to Z Footballers
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: 'They (Rosenborg) have won 66 games, and they've scored in all of them" Brian Moors
- (Added by: sbrjack)
Current Poll (see more polls)
What will the result be vs Bournemouth?
Suggested By:
Swansea City win25%
Draw0%
Bournemouth win75%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W15
2.Dennis Downing7
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.jonno11
6.GThomas1
7.david1
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (31): « First ... 23 24 25
27 28 29 Last »
A to Z Footballers
16 July 2014 10:54 Post ID: #126756 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Wagner (Sandro), Hertha Berlin

The Bosman ruling has swung things too far the players way,there should be a happier medium.
Backroom staff are certainly multiplying, If the club are using the same catering company as the Stadium,then it'll be pretty poor,lucky for them that they won't be paying the high prices either.
Finally the OS mention which players went on tour. It was a 23 man squad -
Lukasz Fabianski, Gerhard Tremmel, David Cornell, Angel Rangel, Dwight Tiendalli, Jazz Richards, Ashley Williams (capt), Chico Flores, Jordi Amat, Kyle Bartley, Ben Davies, Neil Taylor, Stephen Kingsley, Leon Britton, Jonjo Shelvey, Adam King, Josh Sheehan, Nathan Dyer, Marvin Emnes, Wayne Routledge, Alex Bray, Bafetimbi Gomis, Rory Donnelly
I can only see 14 of those 23 players who'll have a chance of playing in the first team. From those 14,there are question marks over Davies or Taylor still being here,plus the absentees Ki/Bony/JDG/Vorm.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
16 July 2014 23:07 Post ID: #126761 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Xavier

According to some reports seems we've agreed a fee from Spurs for Ben, sold Pablo to some unknown club in Qatar cheaply (though not Laudrups team) & allowed Michu to go on loan at Napoli. With the prospect of losing Bony as well there is no way we will be as strong next season without several new quality additions. We have to add more quality to the squad & although we are due to sign the Ecuadorian winger this week who may or may not be capable of providing goals along with Gomis who is also as yet an unknown quantity. Are we risking our premier league survival by not replacing like for like, can't see where the creativity will now come from so am really hoping Jenkins & Monk know what they are doing.
Like post
Like this post
17 July 2014 08:19 Post ID: #126765 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Ya Konin (Didier), Hannover

Michu, Pablo gone.
Lita, N'Gog, Vasquez, Lamah, gone.
Davies imminent.
Pozuelo, Canas,told to find new clubs.
Bony, Vorm, Ki, JDG, doubtful.
That's 13 players!
No side can lose that many players without it affecting team spirit and consequently form.
Back in contention to compensate, Bartley,Tiendalli, Donnelly,and Richards,who were not considered good enough last season?
Like post
Like this post
17 July 2014 15:24 Post ID: #126773 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Zola

The 1-1 draw in the baseball stadium last night was too late for all but insomniacs to watch, heard we were hard done by with a contentious penalty given against us in the dying seconds. Apparently all the squad were given some playing time so if nothing else it was a good work out and practice for everyone, as yet though no sign of Ki or Wilfried joining up with them out there. Ash has come home for family reasons, hope all will be ok for him and at least he has peace of mind career wise with his extended contract now sorted.
Like post
Like this post
23 July 2014 08:20 Post ID: #126787 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Aabech (Kim),Nordsjaelland,Denmark
Just been on a short sunshine break to Vilamoura.
The Minnesota defeat was very disappointing,our defending was dreadful it must be said. I know it was only a friendly,but I want the the team to win every game. Rangel and the Amat/Bartley combination were poor for the goals,and I'm worried that Rangel is slowing down and that we need stronger cover at right back.
Like post
Like this post
23 July 2014 10:31 Post ID: #126795 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Billy Bonds

Think most Swans fans feel the same about right back cover or even someone likely to challenge Rangel who has been a fantastic servant for the club but was showing signs of slowing down last season. Plenty of speculation with regard to transfers, the Spurs swoop for Ben and Vorm looks nailed on with photos of Ben training with them ahead of any confirmation and Michel indicating he has agreed terms with the WH Lane side. With Siggy likely to be coming the other way I'm not sure if it is a good deal or not for us, always sad to see a young local boy with bags of potential leaving but I wish him well whilst I feel Vorm is happy now to be no 2 at Spurs rather than at the Liberty. As for Siggy I wonder if he can recreate his form with us, has big boots to fill after the departure of Michu who I have a feeling will do well in Italy now he has had his way.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 23/7/2014 10:43
Like post
Like this post
24 July 2014 08:33 Post ID: #126801 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Ca(Bocundji),Reims

The Spurs deal is finally done,but I can't help feeling we've been bamboozled by the wily Levy The message is clear that we've become a selling club,where the big boys can take our players at will. It will be very hard to replace our young local left footed left full back,one who has yet to reach his potential. Regarding Vorm,I'd like to have seen him stay and battle it out with Fab,now we are left with Tremmel and an untried new goalkeeper,which doesn't fill one with confidence. Contracts are meaningless lately and not worth the paper they're written on, with Vorm and Davies having long term deals of 4 years each meaning nothing to them.
Maybe we should have an Estate Agent as sponsor next,then each player could have the "For Sale" sign printed on their shirts.
Like post
Like this post
24 July 2014 23:11 Post ID: #126807 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Damian Duff

To be fair every club is a selling club bar a very few like Real, Barca or maybe PSG these days, even Man U have been forced into letting players move on if its what the agent/player wants. We have to realise that every player has a price in the pyramid that is football and we are one of the lesser sides in the premier league but to be fair we have lost players in the past and have managed to replace so lets wait and see how well Siggy, Montero and Gomis do for us.
Like post
Like this post
25 July 2014 09:02 Post ID: #126811 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Ebecilio(Kyle),FC Twente

Yes I realise that,but it irks me when it happens to us. Look at Southampton they're in the same position with key players gone. It seems with us though that we are not forceful enough in trying to hold these players to their contracts,and even the players themselves abuse our friendly club nature. Look at Hernandez,he said he wanted to leave us to be near his daughter,yet signs for Qatari club Al Arabi. Michu forces a move by playing poorly after his injury,where even our physio said his injury was more psychological than anything,but suddenly he's fit and raring to go at Napoli. Ben cuts short his holiday in Ibiza to fly to London to talk with his agent about a move to Spurs without our club knowing. With the contract release fee clauses put in the contracts nowadays it makes it even harder to keep hold of a player if another club comes in and matches the fee.
Like post
Like this post
25 July 2014 18:11 Post ID: #126816 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Fred (Brazil)

Footballers and their agents are in complete control of their destiny and clubs can only do so much to persuade them to honour their contracts. Shows we must be doing something right that our players are in such demand but as you say it is a sad situation and I pity the Saints who have lost most of their stars during this transfer window plus of course their manager. Looking at our squad we have got rid of most of our unwanted players plus two of the Spaniards that have apparently been causing problems behind the scenes so I would think that Monk is fairly happy with what he's got but will want maybe one or two more, a quality right back and another midfielder top of his shopping list I would have thought.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 25/7/2014 18:13
Like post
Like this post
26 July 2014 10:08 Post ID: #126820 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Gaberova(Zlatka),NSA Sofia
It will be interesting to see how Gomis and Bony fit into the system,will they play together. Maybe we'll have some idea tomorrow,or will GM play one in each half.
Defence was our achilles heel last season,and further from then,we have lost one of our top defenders and not strengthened in that position as yet. I believe the back up,especially at full back is not strong enough.
Is GM preparing for more departures,his comments yesterday can be interpreted a few ways -
“We are always looking for players,you have to as a club. You never know when something will crop up. We have a bit more business to do, but that will be dictated on what happens in the next couple of weeks.”
Like post
Like this post
26 July 2014 15:20 Post ID: #126824 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Hernandez (Pablo)

Pretty sure Garry knows where we still need to strengthening, being a defender himself he should know that full back positions are important and will have seen how our current players are performning in pre season training and the friendlies. I'm heading off for Plymouth, staying a couple of nights then onto Exeter so should have some sort of an idea how the new players are fitting in and the team are shaping up.
Like post
Like this post
27 July 2014 09:26 Post ID: #126828 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Iancu(Vlad),Targo Mures
Well,enjoy your trip and we'll look forward to the match reports,unfortunately I won't be there.
Last time I was there was in the Championship with the bent linesman who was a Plymouth fan and had even written an article in their programme. He gave a last minute penalty to them which was saved and he flagged again for it to be retaken,score 1-1,dropped points which eventually cost us a play off spot if I remember rightly.
Like post
Like this post
28 July 2014 19:00 Post ID: #126832 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Sadly we have had a family bereavement so didn't make it to Devon, won't be posting for a day or so.
Like post
Like this post
29 July 2014 19:51 Post ID: #126834 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Oh sorry to hear about that.
Saw the video of the goals v Plymouth,great free kick by Siggy,just what we need.
Got my Chelsea ticket on line,had to get Lower Shed,wouldn't let me buy Upper Shed,it blocked me.
Already got Man U,so away to go. Sunderland,will have to buy soon as well.
HJ and GM,by issuing a hands of warning for Bony,have only succeeded in re-igniting Press speculation about him by saying he's available for the right price.
Like post
Like this post
31 July 2014 19:45 Post ID: #126839 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Jonathan De Guzman

Thanks, been difficult few days for the family but am planning to go to Bournemouth tomorrow and Reading on Saturday having bought tickets in advance and paid for the bus trips.

Surprised you couldn't purchase an upper tier seat at Chelsea being a jack army season ticket holder, maybe everyone who has been there before knew that they were the best seats and so they all got sold first despite the high cost. Will forever remember that Carling cup semi final evening game when we won there, what a night that was, be great if we could repeat it while Jose is in charge.

Heard the interview with Jenkins on Talksport, not happy with the way he almost seemed to invite bids for Bony, he is our talisman as was Michu the year before so our chairman is asking for trouble if he accepts a late offer in the next few weeks. Our captain says we need to keep him, the fans are desperate to keep him and anyway what good is cash going to be if we are relegated next May and all our best players then want to go as well.
Like post
Like this post
02 August 2014 09:16 Post ID: #126843 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Kaboul(Younes),Spurs
Well,not a very enjoyable night last night,conceding 3 goals,albeit with a weakened team. Let's hope the first team can fare better at Reading this afternoon,a defeat is demoralising even if it is only a friendly.
I do not understand HJ sometimes,there is always the need to be up front and honest with everything,and weakly inviting offers for our star player Bony is just plain stupid,what is he hoping to achieve by going on national radio and making himself look naive and foolish.No other chairman in his right mind would do that.
It's about time though,that players who sign contracts were made to honour them,and not be allowed to tout themselves to the bigger clubs.
So,two weeks before the season starts we have still not sorted the players ins and outs and have an injury crisis with six players down,normal day at the office then!
Like post
Like this post
Pages (31): « First ... 23 24 25
27 28 29 Last »
Jump to forum: