Swansea City Forum - A to Z Footballers
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: "The more teams feel the pressure, the more likely they are to slip up" Cardiff's Michael Chopra before they missed out on the play-offs
- (Added by: KevinE)
Current Poll (see more polls)
What will the result be vs Burnley
Suggested By:
Burnley win64%
Draw18%
Swansea City win18%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W13
2.Dennis Downing5
3.KevinE4
4.GThomas1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (31): « First ... 22 23 24
26 27 28 ... Last »
A to Z Footballers
07 July 2014 17:36 Post ID: #126667 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Freddie Kanoute

I'm not well up on American geography but I do believe Seattle is quite a long way from Minnesota, it is such a vast country compared to here we just cannot comprehend the distances. There again air travel is commonplace stateside so wouldn't take much for Ben to jet off to be with the Spurs party should something happen before our players are due to return to the U.K.

Tickets for the friendlies went on sale today and I decided to travel to the ticket office to save on booking fees, took a while but was able to buy what I needed though only the Exeter tickets were actually handed over. The rest including the home Villarreal game will be posted out to me apparently free of charge, am a little wary of this but will wait and see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 7/7/2014 17:38
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
08 July 2014 09:43 Post ID: #126671 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Gabbiadini (Manolo),Sampdoria
It's like catching a bus in the States,distance no object. With the rumour that Spurs wanted to swop Davies and Vorm just for Siggy,there's no chance of Ben going there any time soon.Levy needs a reality check,he can keep his unwanted overpriced players.
The three West Country friendlies are all night matches,nice for their fans but tiresome travelling for us.Only Reading is a Sat 3pm kick off.
Like post
Like this post
08 July 2014 16:02 Post ID: #126675 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Harris (Mark)

Problems for some with the new online ticket booking system today though hopefully everything will be resolved soon...will wait and see once the away tickets go on sale. It is a shame the away season ticket scheme was scrapped as I have no doubt that it will affect the travelling support in the long run with some deciding against going to certain games that they would otherwise have attended.

Seems plenty of rumours regarding comings and goings of players, Pablo not travelled with the squad to the States nor have Pozuelo, Canas or Michu of course so looks very likely that they are all on their way. Will be sorry to see Pablo go as on his day he could be really skillful and creative but maybe did not show it often enough for the current management. The Vorm and Davies for Siggy plus cash deal is still ongoing, this one could rumble on for a while yet with two of the shrewdest chairman in the prem going head to head...

As for possible signings seems the winger from Ecuador is a real possibility whilst there is a Bosnian who did really well at the World Cup called Besic who according to several press reports has agreed to come to us. Will await developments.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 8/7/2014 16:04
Like post
Like this post
09 July 2014 08:56 Post ID: #126681 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Iancu (Gabriel),Steaua Bucharest,Romania
It seems that you have to book tickets on the Ticketmaster website and not on the swans official site JA section.No idea how many JA points I've accumulated,as I can't even log in anymore to the official site,but no problem logging in to Ticketmaster,although I haven't tried buying tickets on there yet.
The players already out in the States will be super fit by the sound of reports from there,yet the rest of he squad,world cup or new signings will be playing catch up to them,not the ideal situation. We can discount the Spanish Armada left behind,as they'll all be gone soon to pastures new. It seems they only wanted to play for Laudrup and the training ground bust up after he left is all linked. I think Michu forced a move out for himself with his lethargic and disinterested displays end of last season,and not even bothering to turn up in Swansea for show down talks/pre-season says it all,for me.
Like post
Like this post
09 July 2014 15:33 Post ID: #126686 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Jonathan De Guzman

Those that oversee the club website should sort of the ticketing section as it is very confusing with the old system still in place for those that are unaware of the changes. I've had problems trying to sort out a friend's daughters jack army renewal as it was linked to her mothers email address and she had not had an email with the new jack army number on it to enable me to sign her up. Thankfully an email to Rebecca Gigg helped me sort it out though I did not get a confirmation email as I have with others so there are still gliches in the system. As I said I went down to the ticket office to get tickets for the away friendlies and the Villarreal home game but no actual tickets were handed to me other than the Exeter ones. If I've received nothing by next week it will mean another trip down there as the wait on the telephone number given can be endless.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 9/7/2014 15:34
Like post
Like this post
10 July 2014 11:01 Post ID: #126690 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Kabore (Charles),Kuban Krasnodar
Michu affair is annoying because he was the highest paid player at the club,I hope they're not still paying him,he's paid 40k a week,and to lounge at home and stay unfit after requesting a move is not on,and he is not fulfilling his contract. As for the others they are following him out of the door like sheep. After all that was said about Chico leaving,at least he turned up for training and is getting stuck in on tour.Hernandez missing his daughter is just a lame excuse to leave,these people are highly paid for what they do,it's only a short hop on a plane either way if they want to see each other. People make sacrifices every day to enable them to make a living and put food on the table,these pampered footballers need to grow up and see how people live in the real world.
The JA is not working anymore on the official site,so to get tickets you have to buy on line at Ticketmaster or go to the Ticket Office,the latter not practical for a lot of people living a distance away. How you can find out how many JA points you have in order to get priority tickets,I don't know.
Like post
Like this post
10 July 2014 16:48 Post ID: #126695 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Leon Knight

Am sure many are confused by the new system, there doesn't seem to be a direct link to the ticketmaster site unless you have had an email giving your new jack army number, as I said they should have deleted the old jack army membership and ticket links on the official site in readiness for the new system. I did however manage to join the swans travel club membership scheme online and book the coach trips I wanted via the website using paypal. The pod will still be open at certain times for those who prefer not to use the internet and have been told that there will be at least one coach running for each of the four away friendlies.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 10/7/2014 16:49
Like post
Like this post
11 July 2014 08:14 Post ID: #126700 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Maes (Kristof),Gent FC,Belgium
Whoever designed and is running the official site has made a fine mess of it. Very poor and hard to navigate,why don't they try and keep things simple and up to date.
Will we forever be haunted by our two errant ex-managers. I see the greaseball from one half of the Mersey has stepped in and gazumped us for Muhamed Besic,who is expected to sign in the next 24 hrs,and on the other half of the Mersey the leprechaun is after Davies and Bony,with Bony's agent supposedly in scouseland for talks.Why can't these two miscreants leave us alone and find their own players.
Like post
Like this post
11 July 2014 16:45 Post ID: #126705 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Neil Lennon

It really annoys me that the Irishman can't just go and find his own players without poaching ours, surely Liverpool have their own scouting system and if he had any respect for us then he wouldn't want to strip us of our best assets knowing that we struggle to compete with the big boys. As for Martinez he will never be forgiven by many Swans for doing exactly the same thing, another who would say one thing and then do completely the opposite.
Like post
Like this post
12 July 2014 07:27 Post ID: #126709 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Oar (Tomas), Utrecht FC, Netherlands

Rumours abound on the dishonourable defector Michu,who failed to turn up for work after a long summer break whilst still under a recently signed long term contract to us,and openly had a medical for Napoli in Ibiza. Do these contracts mean anything anymore,or are they not worth the paper they're written on. Latest is that we have given in to his demands for a transfer and are looking at a swop deal with Napoli for Argentina World Cup star,25 year old,6' 3" centre back,Federico Fernandez.
HJ is being unusually outspoken commenting on Liverpool's inferred talks with Bony's agent,so maybe there is something to the rumours.

Edited by keith margam 12/7/2014 07:31
Like post
Like this post
12 July 2014 12:04 Post ID: #126714 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Peter Crouch

Jenkins is without doubt angry and rightly so that the normal way of negotiations between clubs is being flouted not only by Napoli but also by Liverpool a club that has previously had a good reputation in fair dealings. Of course they have American owners these days who maybe have less scruples in business dealings along with a manager with none at all as far as I can see. I'm glad our chairman has come out and spoken about this, whether the tabloids will make much of it is debatable, they only seem concerned with the big clubs anyway.
Like post
Like this post
13 July 2014 09:19 Post ID: #126721 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Qara Qarayev, Qarabag FK, Azerbaijan (how about that one then!)

Classic bullying by bigger clubs,who can,and do,get away with murder. If the tables were turned there would be a huge outcry from said clubs,and massive adverse media coverage to the culprit.
Michu's and Bony's agents have both been busy brokering deals behind our club's back.
Michu's agents Bahia Internacional,have been touting Michu to Napoli,with Michu even undergoing a medical in Ibiza.
Bony's agent's IFMM,in May this year,insisted that Bony was more than happy to stay at Swansea,yet two months later they are revealing Bony's £19 million contract buy clause to all and sundry,and are in advanced talks with Liverpool on a transfer,all unbeknown to our Chairman, skullduggery at it's worst.
Bony is reported as saying he is adamant he does not want to stay at Swansea with the opportunity to play at a higher level in his grasp.
Like post
Like this post
13 July 2014 11:26 Post ID: #126725 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Robin Van Persie

Guess all will be sorted within the next few weeks one way or another but none of it is good news for the Swans or the fans if true.

It was good to see two Swans take some part in the play off game for third place last night, although only for a matter of a couple of minutes in Vorm's case. Thought De Guzman had a good game playing for the whole 90 minutes after a warm up injury to another Dutch midfielder, with his future undecided maybe it was his final chance to show his worth which I suppose is a slightly cynical way of looking at it as we know he can be very inconsistent when playing for us.
Like post
Like this post
14 July 2014 10:15 Post ID: #126730 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Saadi (Idris),St Etienne

I'm sure he could have brought on Vorm a bit earlier,it was if he didn't trust him,plus him being the only player not to get any game time.
JDG had a good game,although he did tend to disappear in matches for us on occasions.I wonder what sort of price tag is on his head now.
With JDG's transfer to us in the balance,and Ki in talks with Villa (£1.5 mill fee,they've got to be joking?),the potential mass exodus is starting to gather pace. Has Ki been given permission to talk to other clubs,last I heard GM wanted him back in his squad?
Like post
Like this post
14 July 2014 13:52 Post ID: #126734 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Thomas (James)

At this rate we will be left with just a few regulars, some youngsters and the new signings who ever they may be....
Like post
Like this post
15 July 2014 10:46 Post ID: #126746 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Ubiparip (Vojo), Lech, Poland
So short of players that we had to take the youngsters on tour.
When a player asks to leave in the middle of their contract,is it right that we let them go or should we hold them to their contract?
On the one hand we do not want to keep an unhappy player,but for the good of the club and the disruption it causes,shouldn't we decide when they go,and not just release these players at the snap of a finger.
Suarez wanted to leave Liverpool last season,35 mill to Arsenal. Buck refused,held firm,and Suarez ended up scoring 36 goals for Liverpool,and consequently got transferred a year later for 75 mill.
Like post
Like this post
15 July 2014 16:58 Post ID: #126752 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Vinny Jones

Since the Bosman rule came in and completely turned the transfer market around players have had the upper hand, not a good thing in my eyes but on the other hand there was a time when players were shipped about or sold sometimes without their consent or knowledge.

Seems we nowadays have more backroom staff than ever, was reading the article on the official site about the head chef who travels with the team and the fact that when at Fairwood and Landore he and his other staff provide over two hundred meals for the players per day. How times have changed.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (31): « First ... 22 23 24
26 27 28 ... Last »
Jump to forum: