Swansea City Forum - A to Z Footballers
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: 'I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel.' Stuart Pearce
- (Added by: sbrjack)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Vote for your man of the match vs Burnley
Suggested By:
Fabianski42%
Naughton0%
Fernandez0%
Mawson0%
Olsson0%
Fer0%
Clucas0%
Sanches21%
Ayew0%
Abraham0%
Dyer25%
Bony12%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W15
2.Dennis Downing7
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.jonno11
6.GThomas1
7.david1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (31): « First ... 21 22 23
25 26 27 ... Last »
A to Z Footballers
30 June 2014 08:40 Post ID: #126589 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Rabello (Bryan),Sevilla
Vorm was not even second choice against Mexico,as Krul was on the subs bench. Will we be able to afford the escalating transfer fee for JDG,or will we go for a Gylfi/Ben swop deal plus cash instead.It will be interesting to see which side JDG will be playing for come 9 Aug in our match at the Liberty against Villareal,or is the arranged friendly match part of the transfer agreement to bring him to us.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
30 June 2014 15:14 Post ID: #126596 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Stephen Jenkins

Holland were lucky to progress further with their late goals yesterday but this now of course affects us & the situation with our two Dutch players who will have to wait a while longer to sort out their futures. Can see us keeping De Guzman but Vorm may well want away with Fabianski in pole position for the no 1 shirt (no pun intended!). With a new goalkeeping coach set to hopefully improve standards however maybe Michel will want to stay to try & regain his form. Where that would then leave Tremmel is anyone's guess as we surely wouldn't want three keepers fighting for one position.
Like post
Like this post
01 July 2014 10:12 Post ID: #126600 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Tacot (Sergio),Parnassos FC,Cyprus

Holland possible -
Sat July 5 Holland v Costa Rica,World Cup Quarter-Final
Wed July 9 World Cup Semi-Final
Sun July 13, 8pm local,World Cup Final

and our pre season games -
Wednesday, July 16: Chivas Guadalajara at Miller Park, Milwaukee (8pm local time).
Saturday, July 19: Minnesota United at National Sports Center Stadium, Blaine (7pm local time).
Sunday, July 27: Plymouth Argyle at Home Park (5pm).
Tuesday, July 29: Exeter City at St James Park (7.15pm).
Friday, August 1: Bournemouth at the Goldsands Stadium (7.30pm).
Saturday, August 2: Reading at the Madejski Stadium (3pm).
Sat Aug 9 Villarreal at the Liberty Stadium (3pm)

Certainly Vorm and JDG's pre-season will be disrupted. That is assuming we have a deal in place for JDG. Unfortunately for Vorm,assuming he's still with us,is that he will be at a disadvantage because Fab will have played in the early friendlies and established his position in goal by the time Vorm returns.

The Press are reporting that we are interested in Dimitri Payet,attacking midfielder/winger,of Olympique Marseille.
A quick look on Wiki shows that he has had issues at previous clubs -
Le Havre - Payet was accused of having a difficult character and displaying a lack of motivation. which ultimately led to his departure.
Nantes - Payet was described by the club's reserve team coach Stéphane Moreau as a "talented player despite his natural indifference".
Saint-Étienne - Payet was sanctioned by the club president and eventually transferred after he hit captain Blaise Matuidi during a match.Payet received criticism from teammate Yohan Benalouane for displaying a lack of aggression,and was confronted by Matuidi who echoed Benalouane's sentiments. Payet and Matuidi suddenly went face-to-face with Payet delivering a blow to Matuidi's head before the two were separated by referee and team mates.

Edited by keith margam 1/7/2014 10:16
Like post
Like this post
01 July 2014 23:03 Post ID: #126604 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Upson (Matthew)

Not sure we should take a chance with that French winger if his previous history is anything to go by, do we need anymore troublemakers as our manager tries to restore harmony in the camp.

Had an email regarding jack army membership renewal today, was easy enough to complete though bulked at the £2.50 booking fee from ticketmaster. Seems we'll be paying an extra £1 next season all thanks to the ticket office offloading the responsibility of issuing home and away tickets.
Like post
Like this post
02 July 2014 10:30 Post ID: #126608 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Vadillo (Alvaro),Real Betis
There was a biig shock yesterday as Aussie teenager,Nick Krygios,ranked 144th,knocks favourite Rafael Nadal out in the fourth round at Wimbledon.
With all the speculation on our existing players,and new players coming in,it's natural that we have to trim the squad,but obviously not with our best players! Pre-season starts today and it will be interesting to see who turns up!
I'm going to renew my JA membership today,though it's inevitable that we'll now face extra cost with Ticketmaster in charge.
Like post
Like this post
02 July 2014 13:29 Post ID: #126610 - in reply to #123990
Roger Freestone
why dont you talk in the swansea forum, as we're all missing this football talk!!
Like post
Like this post
02 July 2014 14:41 Post ID: #126614 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Willian (Chelsea)

Am enjoying Wimbledon this year with the emergence of some fantastic new young talent. Murray v Dimitrov on right now, have mixed feelings on this one as I do admire the Bulgarian & can see him continuing to improve in the coming years. The young Aussie wildcard that beat Nadal must have woken up this morning & thought he'd dreamed he'd beaten the formidable Spaniard. The ladies title is wide open with most of the top seeds out have no idea who will finally take the rose plate.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 2/7/2014 14:44
Like post
Like this post
03 July 2014 12:15 Post ID: #126619 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Xandão (Alexandre Luiz Reame), Kuban Krasnador,Russia,and Brazilian Defender

Murray knocked out by Dimitrov,and was very poor,he needs his old coach back to sort him out.
The Aussie teenage sensation Krygios was knocked out by Raonic yesterday. Raonic was unbelievable, serving multiple aces that nobody could have defended against.

Michu missing yesterday for start of pre-seson training,are the rumours of him leaving true? At least Ben and Ash were there,which is a relief. Chico and his 17 suitcases was back too,so much for the rumour he'd vacated his apartment and gone for good.
Good quote from Sam Ricketts,now captain at Championship side Wolves -
"If there are players Garry will want to keep he will do everything in his power to keep them.This will be his first full season and he will want to be successful and for that to happen he needs good players.
You can't get around the Premier League without good players and expect to have a good season if you sell your best players. He'll have replacements in mind but ultimately you want to keep your best players and if they do go I'm sure he's got targets lined up.He's introduced a very good scouting system at Swansea in the short space of time he's been there to line up future targets."

Like post
Like this post
03 July 2014 16:47 Post ID: #126624 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Younis Kaboul

Sam Ricketts was one of the few players that did well after leaving the Swans, he has stayed good friends with Garry & obviously will have spoken to our boss about his plans for next season. If effort & hard work were all that was needed to be successful then we would have no worries for next season, I really hope that Garry also will have a good tactical brain plus the ability to get the best out of every one of our players despite there having been problems with cliques last season. From what I hear it is doubtful that we will see the return of Michu though the other Spaniards have reported back.
Like post
Like this post
04 July 2014 09:00 Post ID: #126632 - in reply to #123990
Roger Freestone
i dont think we will, and i'm surprised canas and pozuelo haven't moved on yet as well
Like post
Like this post
04 July 2014 10:05 Post ID: #126639 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Zabarovski (Dmitrijs),FK Raba

Murray has come out with the obvious and said that he needs to improve his game.
His conqueror,Dimitrov, takes on number one seed Djockovic in the semis,whilst Federer plays ninth seed Raonic in the other semi.
Federer and Djokovic have won 23 Grand Slams between them!

No word from the club on Michu,his absence from training is noticeable to everybody.
I find each day,especially since the transfer window has opened,that I'm looking for Swans news with dread,rather than anticipation. So many of our players are linked with moves.Taylor will move if Ben does not,so it's inevitable that we're going to lose one of them soon. Ash will not sign his improved contract,his agent says he'll run down his existing contract if the offer is not improved.
One piece of good news was the signing of Emnes. How will we distinguish who's who,with Gomis and Emnes both sporting dreadlocks.
Maybe the slate's been wiped clean with Canas and Pozuelo,and they're being given another chance. They were both out of the picture at the latter end of last season,not even making the subs bench.
Like post
Like this post
04 July 2014 19:10 Post ID: #126642 - in reply to #126632
Ivor Allchurch
eye_nose_hat - 4/7/2014 09:00

i dont think we will, and i'm surprised canas and pozuelo haven't moved on yet as well

It will be a shame if we do lose Michu but if his heart isn't in it because he feels the club were wrong to dismiss Laudrup then there is little point him staying on & possibly causing more disharmony amongst the rest of the squad.

There was some good news for Swans fans with our captain committing his future to us for another 4 years, seems he never wanted to move on but you wouldn't have thought that by what his agent Moralee was spouting. If I had one wish in football it would be that all players agents were banished & replaced by a non profit making organisation that was fair to both professional players and their clubs.
Like post
Like this post
05 July 2014 08:18 Post ID: #126646 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Andros Townsend,Spurs
GM apparently agreed for Michu to be late back for pre-season training,and will have talks with him today,so still clear as mud on what's happening.They're off to the States on Sunday so we should know something soon.
Great news about Ash,he certainly gave us a nervous time for a while,as other clubs hovered looking for a cheap deal,but all part of the game to get more cash. Let's hope we haven't broken our wage structure to satisfy him.
Like post
Like this post
05 July 2014 10:13 Post ID: #126651 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Bertram (Ryan)

It was important for us to keep hold of Ash, he is an integral part of our team & will continue to play an important role as captain & chief defender. I would expect that he has had a handsome increase in pay which will include win bonuses to encourage him & the others to push to their limits.

With the staff & players due to leave for the States tomorrow it doesn't give our manager much time for discussions with Michu, am sure Garry would want to keep him if fit & focused as would we all but I'm not sure it is going to happen. Wouldn't surprise me if our Spaniard followed Laudrup to Qatar or moved to another club in his homeland. Whatever is decided will have knock on effect on other transfers, maybe Siggy for Ben with cash from Spurs will be pushed through as a natural midfielder replacement.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 5/7/2014 10:15
Like post
Like this post
06 July 2014 09:18 Post ID: #126655 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Cabass (Paola),Tavagnacco FC,Italy
Silence on Michu,was he even in Swansea,no sightings reported.They leave for USA this morning. I assume HJ will have to stay behind to hold the fort and negotiate transfers. Has Ben travelled,and where is Michu?
Kyle Bartley has signed a contract extension to three years,he was in the last year of existing contract.GM has high hopes for him after his fine display at Sunderland last game of the season,where we won 1-3. But my abiding memory of Bartley was the 5-1 hammering at Liverpool,with Monk and Bartley at central defence.Liverpool ran rings around them that day.Never saw either play for ages after that.
Like post
Like this post
06 July 2014 13:40 Post ID: #126659 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Dion Dublin

I do think Bartley has improved greatly since that night at Anfield, Laudrup played a scratch side with our young defender taking much flack for the heavy defeat. He went off on loan after that & played well for Brum who were sorry to see him go. I remember his excellent display at Everton in the cup where he was dominant at the heart of our defence until a hamstring injury curtailed his action. Since then he has had a couple of cameo appearances back in the first team but I do expect to see more of him in the coming season maybe as sub or in cup games.

It seems more & more likely that Michu is off & probably to Napoli if reports are to be believed, they want an initial loan deal but that wouldn't suit us as he could have long term injury concerns which would lessen his value should he then be sold. Will have to check if Ben has joined the rest of the squad on their trip to States, Spurs might be happy to wait until they finally get their man which wouldn't really help us with him training as if he were still to be part of the squad.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 6/7/2014 13:44
Like post
Like this post
07 July 2014 09:44 Post ID: #126662 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Easton (Brian),St Johnstone
Press speculation is that we're in for 22 yr old centre back Virgil van Dijk at Celtic,they bought him from Eredivisie side FC Groningen 12 months ago. Maybe not true because Bartley has signed a new contract extension,or could Chico be on his way?
Michu was acting strange all last season,and was only going through the motions when he returned from injury. There was no sign of him at the Liberty and he has not travelled to the States,so much for the meeting with Monk. A loan transfer would not suit us,so it's either sell or keep an unhappy player. Better he goes to Napoli and not a PL club.
A few fans have said on another site that Ben cut his holiday short in Ibiza recently,to travel to London for talks with his agent. He has travelled to Chicago with the Swans,they arrived last night,but that means nothing,as Spurs are also going on a pre-season tour in the States.They play Seattle Sounders on 19 July,we play Minnesota United on 19 July,take your pick Ben.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (31): « First ... 21 22 23
25 26 27 ... Last »
Jump to forum: