Swansea City Forum - A to Z Footballers
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: 'I'd like to play for an Italian club, like Barcelona'" Mark Draper
- (Added by: sbrjack)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Vote for your man of the match vs Burnley
Suggested By:
Fabianski48%
Naughton0%
Fernandez0%
Mawson0%
Olsson0%
Fer0%
Clucas0%
Sanches26%
Ayew0%
Abraham0%
Dyer11%
Bony15%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W15
2.Dennis Downing7
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.jonno11
6.GThomas1
7.david1
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (31): « First ... 20 21 22
24 25 26 ... Last »
A to Z Footballers
22 June 2014 09:54 Post ID: #126516 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Ba (Elhadji),Sunderland
France could have scored many more than they did,Switzerland capitulated. Great game last night, Germany v Ghana,end to end stuff,I was hoping Ghana would win,and but for some wayward shooting they would have,Germany looked out of sorts and there for the taking.
Looking at the new shirts again,isn't the motif too big and ugly,it spoils the look of the shirt,surely it could have been designed better and be less obtrusive.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
22 June 2014 15:22 Post ID: #126521 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Curtis Davies

Watched the Ghana v Germany game and the second half was a cracker, it was the first time I was really rooting for another team apart from England. Had the Ghana forwards been a bit more composed they would have won, Germany looked vulnerable on the break and may struggle against a stronger side. The Argentinians scraped home with a late winner from the boot of Messi, a lovely left footer which gave the keeper no chance, unlucky for Iran who also had their chances during the game.

Seems the commercial department have let us down again with the quality of the kit this season, the material looks inferior while the logo is an eye sore and could surely have been better designed. Have to say whoever orders and chooses these kits needs shooting, have a feeling I know who it is and he appears oblivious to the criticism. Why are there no female sizes available as there are in other premier league club shops particularly as the shaping is designed specifically for slim men this year, last year a friend of mine had an extra large boys which fitted but this time around she has had to get a medium mans and which fits on top but is still far too long and very narrow. Am sure we would sell plenty of girls and ladies sizes to make it worthwhile for the club but no one is listening. Also we do have several larger men who like to wear the shirt but they will be struggling to get anything wide enough to cover their middle aged spread!

Edited by Swan_Lady2 22/6/2014 15:24
Like post
Like this post
23 June 2014 08:14 Post ID: #126526 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Da Graca (Marvin), Jeunesse Esch FC
The size issue is not a new one,the last time I bought an Adidas Swans polo shirt,I had to get a size 48" chest to fit a 42" chest,problem was the neck was gorilla size,and it was too long,otherwise a perfect fit!.This company has no idea of European sizes and fans are going to get loads of trouble with the slimfit version.
Ki's play was very frustrating last night.He just strolled around first half,passing to the nearest player,no penetration in his play.Second half what a transformation he was really good,tackling,penetrating passes and had one great shot from 30 yards out that was heading for the top corner of the net,but brought a great save from the Algerian goalkeeper.Which Ki will we see next season?
Like post
Like this post
23 June 2014 12:23 Post ID: #126530 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Evans (Ched)

This is the problem with Ki, he can be very good but on the other hand he can also be very frustrating to watch especially when he plays further back where his talents are wasted. If he does come back then he should be utilised as an attacking midfielder fighting with Shelvey and Michu for that place as he can shoot from distance as was shown last night.

Seems the shirts from Adidas are getting smaller every year even the children sizes are incorrect with many having to buy at least a size bigger to allow for a little growing room. It would make a huge difference to sales if Ki returns to us particularly after his participation in the World Cup, the South Koreans idolise him and when he wasn't around last season our shop sales must have slumped dramatically. With the Chinese sponsorship also playing an important part in spreading the Swansea brand in Asia it will be interesting to see what sales are like compared with last season.
Like post
Like this post
24 June 2014 08:38 Post ID: #126534 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Fabio Aguiar,Gyor,Hungary
I'm sure he played attacking midfielder at Celtic,where he's more effective.
Interesting article about Tony Pennock today.He's Hull's new Academy manager,and hopes to emulate Swans achievements.Hull are Academy 3 status,and he hopes to get them up to Academy 2 status as quickly as possible. I don't know why he left the Swans,but I don't think he was that successful,and maybe he was pushed out. Only Ben Davies has come through the system with any success,Jazz to a lesser degree.
Like post
Like this post
24 June 2014 12:31 Post ID: #126538 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Garry Monk

I heard we have a new coach coming in to help with the youngsters who is highly thought of at his current club, not sure of his name but details are one of the other forums. Anything that can help us develop our own players to a high enough standard is no bad thing though only clubs like Southampton seem to have got it right so far, even Chelsea land up buying in most of their first teamers.
Like post
Like this post
25 June 2014 09:03 Post ID: #126544 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Haber(Daniel),Apollon Limassol
I didn't read that anywhere,only that we had boosted our scouting network by bringing in a new scout from Port Vale,charged with finding us new talent in Europe.
This new coach must be coming in to assist ex-Norwich and Wales player Chris Llewellyn,who became temporary manager of the Under 21's in February,replacing Kristian O'Leary who was promoted to the role of Assistant First Team Coach.
Like post
Like this post
25 June 2014 16:24 Post ID: #126549 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Ijaah Anderson

The new guy is called Dane Facey who was Cambrian & Clydach Vale Academy Director. He is a very well thought of youth coach with a history of developing youngsters in the Valleys area. Let's hope he can help to improve our youngsters at our academy.
Like post
Like this post
26 June 2014 09:05 Post ID: #126553 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Jussi Jääskeläinen,West Ham/Finland
Lots of new backroom staff coming in for the Academy,our wage bill must be huge. Another youngster captured for us, is 16 year old Daniel James from Hull City,who's already played for Wales at that level. Hull are only Academy 3 status,so a move up the ladder for him. Tony Pennock must be annoyed at that.The catchment area around Swansea and neighbouring counties for young talent is huge,but unless players are scouted and developed by football league clubs,then the only prospect for them is the poor standard Welsh League.
Press speculation is rife on the future of Michu with Atletico Madrid,West Ham,Stoke and even ML's new club,Gulf Champions Lekhwiya of Qatar, said to be preparing bids.They say that Michu is unsettled since Laudrup's departure.I don't know whether his fitness is an issue or not,but a fit and in form Michu is too good to let go,especially at the knock down price being quoted, 20 mill last season and 6 mill this season,no way.
Like post
Like this post
26 June 2014 14:29 Post ID: #126556 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Kevin Moore

The Michu of last season was a shadow of the player we had seen in his first season due mainly to playing with an injury which caused him much frustration. His attempted comebacks were short-lived & I wonder if rumours of an arthritic condition have made Jenkins keen to offload at a knock down price. I'd be very sad if this were true but still be inclined to try & keep him just to see if he could recapture his best form which served as so well, we can't afford to let him go cheaply if he turns out to be top goal scorer at another club.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 26/6/2014 14:33
Like post
Like this post
27 June 2014 08:44 Post ID: #126561 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
La Monaca (Massimiliano),San Marino
Michu's body language wasn't right end of last season.Whether it was due to frustration through injury,or he was unsettled because of ML's departure,only he knows,but the last thing we need is to see him starring for a rival PL team,after giving him away for peanuts. He was our leading goalscorer and fans favourite,and I strongly advocate that we keep him.
Adrian Tucker,not surprisingly,has left the club,after both goalkeepers Vorm and Tremmel suffered a big slump in form last season. The good news is that highly regarded Javier Garcia from Sevilla has been appointed our new goalkeeping coach.

Like post
Like this post
27 June 2014 11:57 Post ID: #126565 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Michel Vorm

Am really pleased that we've addressed the goalkeeping situation, we could all see that our keepers were not as sharp as they should have been under Tucker & Garry has not let sentiment get in the way of his decision.
Like post
Like this post
27 June 2014 11:58 Post ID: #126566 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Double post

Edited by Swan_Lady2 27/6/2014 12:00
Like post
Like this post
28 June 2014 09:16 Post ID: #126571 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Nabi (Adil), WBA
Impressive victory for Andy Murray over Roberto Agut yesterday to reach the fourth round,and with it a deserved break until Monday. Agut didn't half make some annoying noises every time he hit the ball though.The crowd were noisy too,and had to be warned several times as they were putting the players off their serve.
The goalkeeping situation needed freshening up and we've certainly got that now,with a top goalkeeper and a top goalkeeping coach coming in.
Yet another one of our players linked with a move,as Spurs are poised to make an 8 mill bid for Ben Davies according to media reports. He's certainly worth more than that when you see Luke Shaw's 30 mill move to Man Utd.
Like post
Like this post
28 June 2014 11:25 Post ID: #126576 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Ozzie Ardilles

Agree about Agut, there was an unknown female player in the last round who seemed to be shouting "nice one" every time she hit the ball, thankfully she exited the tournament. Some new talented young guys coming through this year, there was a brilliant five setter yesterday between two excellent young lads with my new favourite Grigor Dimitrov coming through it thankfully. Winning Queens obviously has given him renewed confidence & should he progress he could well be meeting Murray in the last eight which will test my loyalties, both have beautiful girlfriends one of which knows all about the stresses & strains of playing top class tennis.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 28/6/2014 11:26
Like post
Like this post
29 June 2014 10:59 Post ID: #126581 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Pabon (Dorlan),Valencia
Didn't see the tennis yesterday but saw the exciting match between Brazil and Chile,hard luck on Chile and a horible way to exit the World Cup,on penalties.
Pre season training starts on Wednesday then,we'll see who turns up with all the speculation,especially with the Spanish players. GM wanted all his business done before pre-season but that was going to be an almost impossible task with the World Cup still going on. Our three players are having an extended leave so they won't be back soon,and JDG's future will have to be sorted once Holland exit the competition. We need him not to do too well unfortunately, just to keep the price down to within our range,hopefully we can tie him up soon.
Like post
Like this post
29 June 2014 17:25 Post ID: #126585 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Quinn (Micky)

Was a cracking match yesterday with Brazil finally coming through via a nervy penalty shoot out after Chile almost snatched a win in the last few minutes with shot that hit the bar. Glad Columbia won against the Uruguayans who never looked like scoring on the night without their disgraced striker.

De Guzman not in starting line up for Holland today or in their last match, seems he would be happy to return to us but nothing will be agreed until the Dutch are out of the competition.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 29/6/2014 17:28
Like post
Like this post
Pages (31): « First ... 20 21 22
24 25 26 ... Last »
Jump to forum: