Swansea City Forum - A to Z Footballers
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: I faxed a transfer request to the club at the beginning of the week, but let me state that I don't want to leave Leicester.' - Stan Collymore
- (Added by: sbrjack)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Vote for your man of the match vs Burnley
Suggested By:
Fabianski42%
Naughton0%
Fernandez0%
Mawson0%
Olsson0%
Fer0%
Clucas0%
Sanches21%
Ayew0%
Abraham0%
Dyer25%
Bony12%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W15
2.Dennis Downing7
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.jonno11
6.GThomas1
7.david1
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (31): « First 1 2
4 5 6 ... Last »
A to Z Footballers
29 October 2013 08:06 Post ID: #124327 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Nasri,Samir
Nolan and Alardyce are well suited. Nolan definitely influenced the ref's decisions by constantly complaining. Cole turned his back for Dyers cross,in doing so he raised his arm trying to block the cross,definite penalty. Watched it on Swans Player and yet again it was all West Ham's highlights,as it was last week for Sunderland,how odd.
No sign of bus tickets for Cardiff.I don't know why away season ticket holders have to receive the match ticket on the bus,you won't get in the away end unless your'e on the bus anyway.
Mike Dean is an egotistical nightmare,and will be acting to the full hilt next Sunday,the worst possible ref for this fixture,and I'm sure they've done it purposely.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
29 October 2013 20:59 Post ID: #124336 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Osman (Leon)

Bus tickets in the post tonight apparently...if not received by thursday get in touch with the ticket office. Surprised that tickets did go on general sale as I would have thought we would have easily sold out to jack army members but suppose many prefer not to travel for three and a half hours up the M4 where the reception we always get is anything but friendly. Last time some elderly women gestured rudely with grimaced faces at our buses as we entered the Leckworth area which did amused me, my even more elderly friend just waved back politely in reply. Inside the ground is never pleasant and the tension palpable but when Emnes scored our winner in our last encounter it was the best feeling...am praying for a similar outcome on Sunday.
Like post
Like this post
30 October 2013 09:42 Post ID: #124344 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Pablo Zabaleta,Man City
I was there,and the bubble worked a treat. I'm not one of the hate Cardiff brigade,just rivalry for me.
The stop at the services is a drag for us,but the logistics of getting all those buses in and out safely is the primary concern.
We are not in the best of form,and the Europa games have distracted us,just as it did for Newcastle and Fulham,and we've also found out that our squad is not as strong as we thought it would be.
Luckily we're almost full strength,with only Ben injured,so we can field our strongest team,and on our day we are capable of beating any team in this division.
Like post
Like this post
30 October 2013 17:30 Post ID: #124348 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
QPR

We just need to keep our heads both on the field and off, we no doubt have the more skillful side but that doesn't always matter as derby games are tense affairs which are unlike any others. I really do hope that the referee has a better game than he did the last time we played, just want him to be totally fair and not frightened to give us any decisions that are due. Am positive he bottled it at Ninian Park and gave the pen because he was affected by the Cardiff fans who had thrown coins one of which hit him. Still bugs me that the FAW took no actions whatsover after that incident, our club have been fined numerous times for far less including when Cyril the Swan got slightly over excited...
Like post
Like this post
31 October 2013 08:43 Post ID: #124355 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Rabat FC,Malta
A chink of light for us in the Europa League as Valencia crash to defeat at home to bottom club Almeria -
"It was always going to be a tough season for Valencia after losing their star player Roberto Soldado in the summer, but they have managed to overcome a difficult start, where the pressure was believed to be on boss Miroslav Djukic. However, they enter the match off the back of a poor performance in their 4-1 defeat at Villarreal on Sunday.
As it stands, they currently sit in 11th position in the table having taken 13 points from their 10 matches thus far. Three of their four wins have been on their own patch, but they have also lost twice in the Mestalla. In truth, anything less than three points this evening and major questions will be asked of the home side.
Goals have been a slight concern this season, meanwhile, with just 13 in their 10 matches thus far. Almeria, however, have managed just 11 in the same number of matches. Down the other end, Valencia have conceded 17 – which is the third-worst record in the league. Almeria, however, have the second-worst having conceded 23 times."
It gives us some hope of a result in our home tie with Valencia.
Like post
Like this post
31 October 2013 14:12 Post ID: #124359 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
St Mirren

Yes I don't believe Valencia are the force they were and their fans are well aware of their short comings, of course we play the Russians away first so by the time we play the Spanish later in the month we will know what is required points wise.

Finding it hard to focus on Europe at this moment with another rather important gaming looming at the weekend..
Like post
Like this post
01 November 2013 08:44 Post ID: #124372 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Tom Ince (contract expires at Blackpool end of season,ripe picking for January)
Well,I finally got my ticket,47 pence postage,so assume that was second class post,a bit risky so close to the match. I've had second class mail that's taken a week to come.
We have to be at the Liberty by 12,so the coaches can leave at 12:30 to get to Cardiff before the 4pm kick off.Not the shortest of journies for a local derby. In fact it's probably quicker to go to our next nearest PL Club,WBA!
I wonder if any Swans fans will be in the home end to avoid the hassle of the bubble travel. I know of at least one who's braving it,he lives near Cardiff though.
Like post
Like this post
01 November 2013 19:22 Post ID: #124379 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Tranmere Rovers

Expect there will certainly be a few Swans fans dotted around amongst the home crowd, I honestly don't think I could get away with that as my body language would give me away and if we were to score I wouldn't be able to contain myself. Remember when there was a ban on away supporters and we played them at the Vetch, Cardiff won the game and at the end a couple of men were smirking and laughing on the North Bank so knew they were infiltraters. Had one or two of our nutters seen them they would certainly have been in trouble, even I felt like going over and slapping them!
Like post
Like this post
02 November 2013 08:55 Post ID: #124384 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Utaka,John (Nigeria & Sivasspor FC,Turkey)
Surprise news is that Pablo is out again with the same thigh strain that's kept him out since Sept 1st. He made a big dfference coming on for the last half an hour against West Ham. It makes you wonder about Routledge's poor form since signing a new contract and his non contribution to the team lately, Has he gone off the rails,with rumours rife of his Wind Street escapades.
Tom Ince could be available for 5 mill apparently,as his contract is up end of season. He turned down an 8 mill move to Cardiff pre season,so I don't know what his future plans are. He would be a good addition for us,a winger who knows where the net is. Our present wingers are non productive in that department and can't even deliver a decent cross lately.
Like post
Like this post
02 November 2013 17:45 Post ID: #124393 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Vaughan (David)

Would Ince be able to make the leap up to prem level, certainly looks good in the championship but there are times when his inexperience shows. Am sure he might be tempted to come here under Laudrup's coaching, whether the wages and other factors such as his fathers influence will deter him is open to debate. He certainly would be welcomed by the majority of fans who like a player with skill and flair.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 2/11/2013 17:46
Like post
Like this post
03 November 2013 08:41 Post ID: #124397 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
William Gallas
I see Lita scored yesterday for Brighton,after coming on as sub. For us,we need some points on the board today,we're a bit too close to the bottom three for my liking,only 3 points separating us from the third from bottom placed club Norwich at the moment. They looked dreadful in defence yesterday as Man City put seven goals past them.
Like post
Like this post
04 November 2013 08:35 Post ID: #124401 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Xavier,Abel
No points as Cardiff rise above us in the table and we languish 3 points of the drop zone. It doesn't make good reading as we suffer the consequences of playing the extra burden of Europa League football with a squad that is too weak. Michuj out for the next few games,Vorm out for three games,and Shelvey could also face a ban after inciting the Cardiff fans with his swim away after the match. A day best forgotten,as the Swans fans arrive home feeling let down,despondent,and licking their wounds,and the players drive off in their Ferrari's after one of the most passionless displays by a Swansea team in a local derby ever.
Like post
Like this post
04 November 2013 17:06 Post ID: #124410 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Younis Kaboul

Totally deflated after that second half display, where was the passion and desire from our team...Cardiff were awful so to lose to them as we did was like a kick in the teeth. Some of them don't deserve to be wearing our colours and as for Shelvey I really don't want to see him playing for us again, whoever brought him in will realise they have made a mistake if they haven't already.
Like post
Like this post
05 November 2013 08:24 Post ID: #124425 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Zaki,Amr
Not a happy camp at the moment with Ash speaking his mind on our poor display,and the twenty minute wait to sub the injured Michu. The only answer is to win the next two matches. The question is do we have a strong enough squad to rotate the players to do so.
Rate the Players gives the lowest marks to Shelvey,Guzman,and Vorm,and that is probably right,and where we lost it in midfield. Shelvey didn't cover the goal line very well for a big man,in fact he got in the way of the smaller in stature Vorm being able to make a save for the goal,and why was Chico,a centre back,marking their centre back Caulker.which was Michu's job. maybe he was covering for Michu,who was just a passenger by then anyway as he limped around.He should have been subbed earlier,as Ash pointed out.
Shouldn't Tremmel have played,as he's much better in the air than Vorm,knowing that Cardiff relied on high balls and set pieces to win matches.
Like post
Like this post
05 November 2013 15:08 Post ID: #124431 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Aaron Lennon

I'd have played Tremmel purely because of the aerial threat Cardiff posed but ML tends to use him for the cup games only, he'll get his chance again on Thursday anyway though Vorm has only been given a one match ban not three so not sure if the Stoke game counts as his banned game or the Europa game.

Still don't think ML has any conception on how much the fans are hurting after that limp second half display against our local rivals, Ash does as do the other British boys (barring Shelvey who is just a fool of a boy) so to appease us we need to see much more effort and commitment in the weeks ahead starting away in Russia on Thursday. They've just beaten their local rivals so will be well up for the challenge, as for the Stoke game that takes on bigger significance as we do really need the points to give us some breathing space.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 5/11/2013 15:14
Like post
Like this post
06 November 2013 11:09 Post ID: #124445 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
The team left Cardiff at 9am this morning on flight ZT8661,Titan Air,a Corporate/VIP jet to Krasnodar. Whilst the players are sitting in their luxury seats being served hors d'oeuvres and sipping iced coke,they will be reflecting on how they can put things right after their non show on Sunday.
The answer is simple,two wins before yet another break for the Internationals.
Ben Davies is back,two weeks earlier than predicted due to his enthusiasm and commitment to getting fit. He is the only local lad,and will bring to the team the passion lacking since he's been out injured.
Like post
Like this post
07 November 2013 00:23 Post ID: #124453 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Brian Kidd

If the private jet helps our team to prepare better for the match and they do their best then fair enough but we will need to show a lot more urgency and determination tomorrow and on Sunday. I read that they will be staying on in Russia overnight and not returning straight after the game which seems sensible and will give them an extra nights sleep.

I know around 100 of our fans are travelling out to Russia independently at great cost to themselves, the required visa is at least £120 for a couple of days so our team had better put in a worth while performance if only for them. I'll be watching from home for a change, will be strange not to be there but will be desperately hoping for a good result to lift the spirits.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (31): « First 1 2
4 5 6 ... Last »
Jump to forum: