Swansea City Forum - A to Z Footballers
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: Alex Ferguson is the best manager I've ever had at this level. Well, he's the only manager I've actually had at this level. But he's the best manager I've ever had.' - David Beckham
- (Added by: sbrjack)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Vote for your man of the match vs Burnley
Suggested By:
Fabianski42%
Naughton0%
Fernandez0%
Mawson0%
Olsson0%
Fer0%
Clucas0%
Sanches21%
Ayew0%
Abraham0%
Dyer25%
Bony12%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W15
2.Dennis Downing7
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.jonno11
6.GThomas1
7.david1
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (31): « First ... 7 8 9
11 12 13 ... Last »
A to Z Footballers
12 January 2014 10:13 Post ID: #125184 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Vacca (Antonio),Benevento,Italy
It seems as if the welfare of the player comes before the welfare of Swansea City FC,a club that shelled out a whopping 5.5 million to buy him,play him out of position all last season,then loan him out to a rival relegation team where he's flourishing playing in his correct position.
This statement this morning from ML made me angry - "There is a possibility to bring him back,but I don't think it is a good idea,Ki feels comfortable where he is now. If we take him back, he would not play every game. Mentally, it would be very bad for him."
Who's cares about Ki's feelings,he's our player and we need him back here,not helping another side to get us relegated. We should be giving Sunderland an ultimatum,buy him or he returns forthwith.
ML has brought in Guzman on loan this season,at huge cost,to replace Ki,and frankly he's been very poor,but ML will not admit a signing of his hasn't worked out,hence the standoff
With nine of our players out injured he doesn't want to hurt Ki's feelings by bringing him back,unbelievable statement,what planet is this guy on?.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
13 January 2014 13:06 Post ID: #125188 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Willian (Chelsea)

Can't quite work our our manager's thinking on times, he and Jenkins certainly have to work out their next move with our players dropping like flies. Seems the date has passed by which we can bring Ki back, at least that is according to Poyet. Our only other option now is to cash in on him before the end of the month and maybe use that money to purchase some much needed replacements. With Canas now out as well it has become a serious problem for us as we approach such an important part of the season, it really concerns me that we are not strengthening our playing staff with FA cup and Europa games ahead as well as the vital league games. Is our manager not that concerned as he prepares to move on in the summer...I really hope not but our fans are starting to question certain decisions and want to see some positive action.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 13/1/2014 13:08
Like post
Like this post
14 January 2014 11:03 Post ID: #125197 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Xhafa(Fjodor),KS Elbasani,Albania
HJ latest statement is that Ki can still be recalled up until 31 Jan,contrary to Sunderland's Poyet saying the deadline has passed,who is right? Yet it is still unlikely it will happen due to ML's stubborness and afraid of losing face,so we limp along with a centre back playing in midfield,a position he has never played in before,what a farce.
We're half way through the window and no sign of any squad strengthening,each Press report linking us with players is subsequently shot down by HJ,a repeat of last January,where we sold Graham after him scoring 4 goals in 4 games,didn't replace him,didn't sign any player at all in the window,and ended up struggling for goals and points through to the end of the season with the inept Shechter.
Is ML prepared to gamble our PL status by simply refusing to recognise we have a crisis,and that our squad is just not good enough,with 2 wins in the last 12 games? Even when we had a full squad we were not winning games!
Like post
Like this post
14 January 2014 16:58 Post ID: #125201 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Young (Neil)

Trying not to get too pessimistic as I do believe we have enough quality to lift ourselves out of danger but with so many players missing right now it would be of benefit for Jenkins to take action regarding bringing in a player or two who can make a difference particularly up front. Whether this will happen is the question, Newcastle did the right thing a year ago when faced with a similar problem to our own by recruiting some quality French players and it certainly paid off for them. As for the Ki affair I wish we really knew the reasons behind the decision to let him leave, personally can't see him returning while ML remains in charge.
Like post
Like this post
15 January 2014 10:34 Post ID: #125211 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Zabala(Pedro),Real Mamore,Bolivia
It looks as if the loan market is our best option to bail us out of trouble,as what little players were available to buy are snapped up by other clubs,do we have the money anyway?
A glaring mistake to allow another PL team to take one of our biggest assets on loan for a whole season,just because he may not have played in every game for us. Now that we need him back, the borrowing club are dictating terms,and saying we can't have him back,what a mess,who draws up these contracts?
The thing is about Ki,he can slot straight back into our side,and knows our style of play,whereas a new player would take time to fit in,time we haven't got.
Another factor is that at the end of the season Ki has only 12 months left on his contract,which will lower his value.
There should be an ultimatum to Sunderland,Ki's immediate recall,cross fingers that HJ has his legal facts correct,or sell at the 5.5 mill we paid for him,and use the money to get some players in.
Or are we going to play a centre half out of position again in midfield against Spurs because of MLs' stubborness in refusing to recognise our dire position in the table,and that we have an unprecedented injury crisis?
Like post
Like this post
15 January 2014 16:35 Post ID: #125215 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Andrew Melville

We'll find out soon enough who is right regarding the Ki loan, have to say I am more inclined to believe that Sunderland know whats what but we are now in a pretty dire situation injury wise and need every available player. Jenkins should know exactly our position but maybe he is trying to placate our manager by playing down the necessity for Ki's recall which now looks pretty lame with so many players unavailable and so many important games coming up.
Like post
Like this post
16 January 2014 09:53 Post ID: #125221 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Baaboura(Abderrahmane),Sahel,Tunisia
L.James's column in the Post calls the decision not to recall Ki mind boggling,must say I agree.The situation is further exacerbated by HJ not realising the agreed deadline for recall has passed,pretty amateurish if true,and has made our club look a bit silly.
Tiendalli,Lamah,Dyer,could be fit for Sunday,Dyer being the shock name mentioned,but will they plunge him straight into action,doubtful,and Vorm may now not be back as stated earlier.
If these players are still doubtful,then we go with defender Amat in midfield again,what is going on at our club?
Everybody is eagerly awaiting the return of all our injured players,but the truth is that even with a full squad we've only managed two home wins all season.We desperately need goal scorers to assist Bony,and convert our overwhelming possession into goals.Our shot shy forwards are afraid to pull the trigger,preferring to pass the ball on like a hot potato,even when in clear sight of goal.

Edited by keith margam 16/1/2014 09:55
Like post
Like this post
18 January 2014 17:02 Post ID: #125230 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Clive Allen

Let's get behind the team tomorrow.
Like post
Like this post
20 January 2014 10:21 Post ID: #125244 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
D' Amico(Jose),Aldosivi Mar del Plata,Argentina
Well we did,but once the first goal went in,against the run of play,the whole stadium was deflated.
If only we'd scored instead of hitting the bar,if only we had a real referee instead of a joke of one,who ignored the two handed push from behind on Bony from the corner cross, right in front of him,a blatant foul for a nailed on penalty. Atkinson has a lot to answer for,his biased decisions in favour of the big team was astonishing,but not surprising,yet we can't keep on using poor refereeing as an excuse all the time. Surprisingly the incident was not even mentioned in ML's post match interview,when he had the platform to do so,unlike other managers.
Like post
Like this post
21 January 2014 14:16 Post ID: #125260 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Eddie Howe

Taken a day to get over the disappointment of Sunday's result, Spurs are a good side no doubt but we had the better of them in the early stages. As you say the shot from Bony that hit the bar and the other chances that passed us by were major factors, the Spurs goal came out of the blue but was taken with much class and from then on it was an uphill battle that was beyond us with the players we had available. On a positive note thought Bony looked a real threat throughout but the lack of support was evident as Pozuelo who I think has great potential was cruelly exposed for his lack of awareness and strength. Just hope he is not too downhearted as this will no doubt have knocked his confidence but ML had very limited options. As for ref Atkinson the least said the better.
Like post
Like this post
22 January 2014 09:59 Post ID: #125265 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Fabbro(Jonathan),River Plate Argentina
It wasn't just the loss,but the way we conceded when chasing the game,completely exposed at the back. Spurs gave us no room,and we were either dispossessed or bullied off the ball,I've never seen so many of our passes going astray.
Everybody thought we would be safe in mid table at least this season,but an unbelievable run of injuries to the smaller squad that ML insisted we have,has backfired big time,and so has the Ki debacle.
Like post
Like this post
22 January 2014 17:18 Post ID: #125275 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
George Best

Losing two key wingers hasn't helped as our full backs have both been exposed whilst trying to push forward leaving huge gaps at the back...hoping that the return of Pablo and Nathan will ease that situation. With Canas missing we really struggled in midfield on Sunday with Spurs strong in that department, Shelvey faded quickly after a promising start and Leon had a poor match by his standards along with out of position Amat, it told as the match progressed. All we can hope is that our best players start returning and we don't lose any others, we have been caught out and doesn't look like we have the funds to bring in extra quality....that is why these large dividends paid out to share holders has annoyed me, it is not what our club should be doing.
Like post
Like this post
23 January 2014 10:11 Post ID: #125289 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Ha(In-Ho), Gyeongnam FC, S.Korea
Taylor is a better defender than Davies and Rangel,and should be playing right now to shore up the defence,especially after playing so well at Old Trafford,but then surprisingly getting dropped next game. Instead,what do we get,a 4 mill bid from Fulham,and Taylor's agent saying he wants to leave due to lack of games.Are we about to help another rival relegation side?
There are rumours that our players are not fit enough and that the training regime is not very good,so many rumours this week it's hard to take everything in.
The Board have definitely lost some credibility with the fans after pocketing another chunk of the profits for the second year running.
Like post
Like this post
23 January 2014 16:09 Post ID: #125295 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Ian Callaghan

I certainly don't want us to sell any of our players right now infact we should be recruiting a couple more to improve our squad. All this negativity is not good for our club, I'm as concerned as any of our fans and we really need some decent results in the next month to lift the gloom starting on Saturday. I know it is only the cup but any win at the moment would be a boost and would be an encouragement for the players and fans ahead of the vital game on Tuesday against Fulham.
Like post
Like this post
24 January 2014 10:38 Post ID: #125304 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Ja(Ismael Aziz),Manama,Bahrain
Looks as if Taylor will go,as we do not keep unhappy players,and Fulham are pushing hard to get him.
For me,he doesn't go,no matter what,under the present circumstances.He's under contract and will have to wait until the summer to sort it out.We need all the players fighting their hardest to avoid the trap door,including Taylor,and not leaving at the drop of a hat to assist a rival club. Where's the loyalty,drawing 30k a week whilst out injured for a year.
Like post
Like this post
24 January 2014 16:42 Post ID: #125311 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Keith Curle

No loyalty from Taylor, he's Northwalian and was keen to move once before when Newcastle came calling but from what ML said in his press conference today he won't be letting him move on just yet....

As for tomorrow at Brum news is that more of our best players will be back in contention for places, not sure if we should risk too many of them for what is really a luxury game. Was surprised that the Man City manager left his star forward Negrado on the field throughout their cup romp against West Ham this week (9-0), heard he now has a shoulder injury which could keep him out for a while. After our lame second half display at St Andrews earlier in the season I would like us to get our revenge but not at the expense of possibly losing players through injury with so many important prem games coming up.
Like post
Like this post
26 January 2014 09:07 Post ID: #125323 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
La Rosa(Francesco),Andria,Italy
I would like to see Ben and Taylor play together to shore up the left flank,as once again Lamah left the full back exposed for the goal yesterday.Ben is pretty good bombing forward and it would be interesting to see if this would cure our defensive woes.Thank god for Bony as we'd have been going home with another defeat otherwise.Let's hope reinforcements are back for Tuesday.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (31): « First ... 7 8 9
11 12 13 ... Last »
Jump to forum: