Swansea City Forum - A to Z Footballers
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: "But if anything goes wrong at least I can swear in Polish." New Signing Abbott on Match Frustrations
- (Added by: sbrjack)
Current Poll (see more polls)
What will the result be vs Bournemouth?
Suggested By:
Swansea City win25%
Draw0%
Bournemouth win75%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W15
2.Dennis Downing7
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.jonno11
6.GThomas1
7.david1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (31): « First ... 5 6 7
9 10 11 ... Last »
A to Z Footballers
19 December 2013 18:00 Post ID: #124890 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Owen Hargreaves

Was surprised to see Vorm in the side on Sunday, he didn't look happy as Norwich pressurised him throughout the game making him kick with his bad knee, could tell that he struggling and less mobile than usual. Heard we were interested in taking Shay Given loan in January which might not be a bad idea as he is a decent keeper, Tremmel hasn't looked as confident of late but as you say maybe playing regularly over the next few weeks will improve his form.

I thought Routledge was our best forward out in St Gallen and was surprised when he was taken off instead of Lamah who to me is not up the required standard. A loan winger maybe Sahar from Man U or perhaps Tom Ince if he is willing to move from a Blackpool side that has had a terrible disciplinary record of late. He is heavily influenced by his father however and may be persuaded to stay at Bloomfield Road until next summer.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
19 December 2013 18:01 Post ID: #124891 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Owen Hargreaves

Was surprised to see Vorm in the side on Sunday, he didn't look happy as Norwich pressurised him throughout the game making him kick with his bad knee, could tell that he was struggling and less mobile than usual. Heard we were interested in taking Shay Given loan in January which might not be a bad idea as he is a decent keeper, Tremmel hasn't looked as confident of late but as you say maybe playing regularly over the next few weeks will improve his form.

I thought Routledge was our best forward out in St Gallen and was surprised when he was taken off instead of Lamah who to me is not up the required standard. A loan winger maybe Sahar from Man U would fulfill our needs or perhaps Tom Ince if he is willing to move from a Blackpool side that has had a terrible disciplinary record of late. He is heavily influenced by his father however and may be persuaded to stay at Bloomfield Road until next summer.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 19/12/2013 18:02
Like post
Like this post
20 December 2013 10:03 Post ID: #124895 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Paap(Fritz),RBC Netherlands
The Ince transfer saga is odd,him wanting to stay in the Championship rather than play in the PL,and hanging on his fathers coat tails.
Surprised that Routledge played well at St Gallen,as he's been rubbish all season,let's hope it's a turning point. Lamah looks ungainly but I can see some potential if given a good run.
We're stuck with Tremmel for a while,perhaps he'll improve with games.
David Cameron tipping us to win 3-0 against Everton,he obviously doesn't follow football,as Everton are virtually unstoppable at the moment,hope he's right though!
Like post
Like this post
20 December 2013 19:36 Post ID: #124899 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Quentin Fortune

Politicians have no place in football or politics for that matter, the majority are self serving opinionated egotists who have no idea what its like to live in the real world....climbing off my soap box I'll stick to talking football I think. As for the game on Sunday it has to be one of our hardest fixtures of the season, Everton are flying at the moment whilst we are limping along somewhat yet thankfully still picking up points here and there. If we get anything this weekend I will be absolutely delighted, we really could do with a point or three especially as we have Chelsea and Villa away to follow over Christmas week.

Read that Michu's other ankle is playing up so is doubtful for Sunday whilst Vorm might be out for about four weeks after his surgery so apparently ML feels we can manage without bringing in a loan keeper. Let's hope Nathan's injury doesn't keep him out too long either, a break would have resulted in months off whereas hopefully the ligament damage might mean just weeks on the sidelines.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 20/12/2013 19:37
Like post
Like this post
21 December 2013 10:00 Post ID: #124903 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Rabea(Hussain),Al Nasr,SA
I 'm sure Michu's ankle problems have been exacerbated by kicking the advertising hoardings when he scores.
Vorm's estimated comeback is just before the Spurs game Jan 19th,approximately a month only,so we're going with what we've got.
There's a graphic photo in a Sky Sports article on News Now. Bassong has his arms wrapped around Dyer as they fall to the ground,with Dyer's right foot twisted at an awkward angle and his body being pulleded the opposite way by Bassong.
Like post
Like this post
21 December 2013 16:24 Post ID: #124908 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Shelvey (Jon Jo)

Michu has looked a frustrated figure on times this season, it is no wonder if the ankle problems have limited his ability and mobility. As you say kicking hoardings doesn't help but I suppose it is a form of release for him, maybe in future he could stick to his hand celebration of last season.

Can't seem to find the photo of Dyer's ankle injury, maybe just as well but it does annoy me that ref Oliver actually gave a free kick against him after he was carried off which led to their equaliser. If someone could explain to me how Nathan fouled Bassong when it was he was being set upon, think the crowd at Carrow Road had a big say in it especially as they felt Rangel had handballed in the area earlier despite having his back to play at the time.

Like post
Like this post
22 December 2013 10:19 Post ID: #124916 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Tommy Mutton
Looks as if we're going to lose Michu for a few months,he'll want to get the op over with and back playing,to be in contention for the World Cup next summer. We now know why his performances have been below par,and we've seen lately how frustrated he has become. The injury jinx strikes again. They say that Monk's career may be over after failing to recover from his knee injury,no details given,sad news if true.
The photo of Dyer being set upon by Bassong and his subsequent ankle injury can be found here -
http://www1.skysports.com/football/teams/swanseacity - News - Dyer pleased with diagnosis.
Bassong has an arm lock on Dyer as he wrestles him to the ground,how that can be a free kick to Norwich is baffling. If I were Bassong I'd be feeling very guilty after seeing that photo.
Ref's are definitely influenced by crowd reaction,maybe we should protest more at some of their strange decisions.
Everton undefeated in 9 matches,so we'll have to go some to get anything today, a draw would be a good result for us I think.
Like post
Like this post
23 December 2013 18:43 Post ID: #124928 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Ugo Etiogh

Michu was seen driving away from the Liberty prior to yesterdays game obviously told that he wasn't able to play, thought he might have stuck around however to support the rest of the team...shame he is likely to be out long term. It was obvious that he wasn't himself this season, his lack of mobility must have really frustrated him, just hope that an operation can cure this long term problem and that we see him back before the end of the season.

As for Garry Monk I do feel sorry for him but I suppose his best days are well behind him now and with this latest injury looking more serious despite an operation it does seem his career with us as a player could be coming to an end. I do feel that he should remain with us however as a member of our backroom staff, we know that ML isn't likely to stay around past this season and even if Garry is just there to look after the players welfare and keep up the moral he would be a definite asset.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 24/12/2013 18:26
Like post
Like this post
24 December 2013 09:22 Post ID: #124932 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Vacek(Kamil),Sparta Prague
Two games to reach the half way mark in the season,five points behind last season's total,and two tough away games in the next few days.
In my opinion Aspas and Ince would be two great additions in January,or similar. We are not scoring goals and players in these positions are not producing. Something has happened to Routledge this season,and rumours abound about his off field activities since signing a long term contract. Up front Bony is isolated with no service,and lately it seems like there is no one who's capable of crossing the ball accurately to him. Vasquez is looking inadequate as Bony's back up from what we've seen so far,and may turn out to be another poor signing,luckily he's only on loan.
Like post
Like this post
24 December 2013 18:29 Post ID: #124936 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Wayne Routledge

Much for ML to consider over the next few days, with news that Michu needs an operation on his troublesome ankle which will keep him out for a further six weeks he has admitted that additions to the
squad are a priority in the January window.
Like post
Like this post
25 December 2013 09:45 Post ID: #124940 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Xenodochof(Gennadios), OFI, Greece
Merry Xmas everyone!
Our enquiries should already have began. We cannot go into the second half of the season with Michu and Dyer missing,and an inexperienced back up to Bony. Keep it quiet ML,walls have ears,and there are plenty of eagle eyed managers watching our movements in the transfer market,and waiting to pounce with a better offer,as with Aspas last season and the devious Rodgers.

Edited by keith margam 25/12/2013 09:51
Like post
Like this post
27 December 2013 09:27 Post ID: #124949 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Yabuta (Mitsunori),Yokohama FC
It was a bitterly cold and foggy day in London at 3c,after leaving the sunny and relatively mild Principality at 8c .
Impressive ground until you get seated,or should I say try to get seated,as the seats were child seat size,cramped,with zero leg room. Luckily I moved to the empty row behind for more room.We could probably double our capacity at the Liberty by fitting these seats and save on expansion money!
Not many travelling Jacks made it today,opting for the Villa trip I expect,but we still managed to make ourselves heard.Nothing on the pitch to make us cheerful though,as our second string were put to the sword,and with absolutely nothing to offer up front the result was inevitable,the only doubt was just how many goals we'd concede in defeat.

Edited by keith margam 27/12/2013 10:12
Like post
Like this post
29 December 2013 09:21 Post ID: #124964 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Zaaboub (Mohamed), AC Arles Avignon
The same could be said about Villa,impressive ground,rubbish seating jammed so close together you could hardly sit in them,luckily everybody stood this time. Once again the away season ticket holders were given the worst seats in the away end,tucked right in the very corner to the side and behind the goal,where the furthest corner of the pitch was unsighted.Poor showing from the ticket office,after many complaints.
There were a lot more travelling Jacks today,and we were in fine voice,but we were soon silenced as the side who can't score or win at home,were let in for an easy goal,as Chico was naively drawn away from marking Agbonlahor,leaving him free one on one with Tremmel, to slot home. Lamah managed to pull one back,but we could not get the winner,our shot shy players preferring to pass the game to death.
Like post
Like this post
30 December 2013 01:40 Post ID: #124971 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Adam Matthews

The two away trips over the Christmas period gave us just one point from six though still left us in 11th position as those below us failed to gain ground. Thankfully there appear to be several teams worse than ourselves at the moment, it is just very frustrating that we do still play some attractive football but it all comes to a halt once we enter the final third of the field. Shot shy and short of creative ideas, we currently lack the quality needed at this level to win games and are desperate for a goal scoring striker or someone to provide Bony with some decent balls. Thankfully one lovely cross from Pablo gave Lamah a chance to score his first ever prem goal at Villa Park, shame we couldn't take advantage of a very poor Villa side to take all three points our dominance deserved.

Our ticket allocation has to be addressed, have been in touch with the ticket office and actually changed my seats for the Villa game having checked where the original ones were. Still didn't get the best which were given to the late buyers in block Q3, apparently it is a directive that the worst are sold first thus making a mockery of the loyal fans who buy early or who have paid at the start of the season for away season tickets.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 30/12/2013 01:41
Like post
Like this post
30 December 2013 10:03 Post ID: #124976 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Baah (Gideon),FC Honka Espoo,Ghana
We put on a great passing show against a poor Villa side,but created very little. Still,on the positive side,it's another point nearer safety,and I'll be happy for the same again on Wednesday against an in form Man City.
We are just one or two creative players short of turning our great possession game into goals and positive results,let's see what action we take in the transfer window to address this problem.
Regarding away ticket allocation,if that's their attitude then there won't be many getting away season tickets next season.
Three top Manchester games in a row,a tough ask to get anything from,but football is very unpredictable,and I'm sure the players will be up for it.
Like post
Like this post
31 December 2013 00:57 Post ID: #124987 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Clive Allen

Three games ahead which couldn't come much harder, City at home first of course then the double header away against United. It is ironic how for so many years we would have given anything for a plum away cup tie at Old Trafford yet now this fixture is no longer what our fans particularly want. Personally I would willingly forfeit the FA tie for three points the following weekend such is the importance of retaining our league status.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 31/12/2013 00:58
Like post
Like this post
31 December 2013 10:15 Post ID: #124991 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
D'Angelo (Angelo),AS Avellino,Italy
Sunderland one step ahead of everybody,with a left back from Italy already in training with them and waiting to sign tomorrow,a 2.5 mill bid in for a Brighton midfielder placed,and also for another Brighton player,early bird catches the worm.
Whoever we sign I don't want to hear about it until it's clinched,bearing in mind Rodgers sneaked in and stole Iago Aspas last summer when he was on the cusp of signing for us.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (31): « First ... 5 6 7
9 10 11 ... Last »
Jump to forum: