Swansea City Forum - A to Z Footballers
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: 'We lost because we didn't win.' - Ronaldo
- (Added by: sbrjack)
Current Poll (see more polls)
What will the result be vs Bournemouth?
Suggested By:
Swansea City win25%
Draw0%
Bournemouth win75%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W15
2.Dennis Downing7
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.jonno11
6.GThomas1
7.david1
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (31): « First ... 4 5 6
8 9 10 ... Last »
A to Z Footballers
04 December 2013 14:48 Post ID: #124762 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Yorath (Terry)

Our site today reports that Michu unlikely to be available for next two games as he is yet to start training outside, that ankle injury was made much worse because our bench failed to pull him off early enough. It took a stern word from our captain to get them to realise that he was struggling. At least Bony and Angel went off promptly after getting injured so hope those in charge have learned to take quicker action.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
05 December 2013 09:28 Post ID: #124766 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Zabaleta (Pablo), Man City
Our great win was spoilt a bit by MOTD dumping their biased match highlights to last but one,and the Geordie bad loser Shearer crying about Davies' alleged "hand ball" and their penalty shout. Bad losers!
They were totally outplayed,and us without a recognised striker! MOTD highlights made it look as if it was an evenly fought contest,but we tore them apart and they had no answer except to foul our players.
Pardew was complaing about the handball,the headbutt,and the poor refereeing,to deflect criticism. What about his team diving and fouling throughout. At one stage we had two players on the floor at the same time after bad fouls,and not one booking.
Like post
Like this post
05 December 2013 14:52 Post ID: #124774 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Anton Rogers

Think Webb must have had a bet that he could go the whole game without booking anyone, to be fair Ashley could have had a yellow whilst for the Geordies there were several bad challenges including a two footer on Pablo. Overall though I must say I thought the ref let the game flow which suited our style perfectly and it was about time we had some decisions go our way for a change. We thoroughly deserved the win on the night playing some lovely football at times which MOTD decided against showing, no surprise with pundit Shearer in the chair. Believe BT sport coverage was equally as anti Swans with ex Toon players Ginola and Michael Owen giving their "unbiased" opinions.

Never mind we were there to see what actually happened and it was good to see us get to grips with the no striker situation, suited us actually when Alvaro went off and we had the pace of Nathan to worry the full backs and our midfielders were able to come through with late runs to catch out the Newcastle defence. Helped to get the goal before half time meaning that the visitors had to push forward, well done to Vorm for keeping out the Remy header. Felt that was a defining moment in the game.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 5/12/2013 14:55
Like post
Like this post
06 December 2013 10:04 Post ID: #124784 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Baal(Ludovic),Lens
Surprisingly it wasn't us talking about the ref after the game,but the opposition,with Pardew confronting the ref as they entered the tunnel. Two penalties and a sending off he said,of course he didn't see any of his teams fouls,the two footed tackle and the forearm smash. Bad loser,he was the same last season,trying to deflect criticism after defeat.
Saw a re-run of the match yesterday on BT,no build up or discussion afterwards,they only showed the match. Michael Owen,co-commentating,was pathetic with his love in with Newcastle. He was mostly oblivious of the opposition and willing Newcastle to score,it made you wonder what match he was watching,they had most of the possession,we were lucky to score,Newcastle were much the better side,blah,blah. When we had our beautiful passing triangle moment at one point second half,he ignored it and went into a lengthy discussion on the Man Utd v Everton match. I put the tv on mute for several minutes in disgust after that.
MOTD was just as bad,and any Newcastle fan watching the Shearer edited highlights would think it was a close game. The pundits are there to give an unbiased view of the game,and how TV bosses think viewers enjoy the dulcit tones and biased viewpoints of Owen and Shearer,is baffling.
Brilliant save from Vorm,he's a tremendous shot stopper isn't he.
Like post
Like this post
06 December 2013 16:42 Post ID: #124790 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Carlton Cole

You are right about the biased commentary from both BT sport and MOTD, almost laughable how they had built up Newcastle prior to the game with poor little Swansea having no hope with no strikers and only win in 11 home games...they couldn't believe that we could actually outplay and outscore the so called giants of the North East. Oh well, I just would love us to finish above them as a certain Kevin Keegan once similarly said. The fact that we were very unlucky against both West Ham and Stoke with poor decisions that cost us four points was lost in the stats and to the uninformed media we were there for the taking....
Like post
Like this post
07 December 2013 10:17 Post ID: #124795 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
D'Alessandro (Marco),Cesena
We would be on the same number of points as Man Utd and Southampton with those four points.
Danny Graham will be back on Monday then, with loan club Hull. Surprisingly not having scored since he left us for Sunderland. Ex-players have a habit of scoring against their old clubs,let's hope he's the exception,in what will be another tough match,the first of three matches in a week once again.
I wonder if they'll just fly straight to Norwich from St Gallen,with less than 72 hrs between matches.
St Gallen will be the last Europa match,depending whether we qualify,for a while,but we still have a congested Xmas fixture list,with Chelsea & Villa,both away games,only 48 hours apart,how crazy is that.
Like post
Like this post
07 December 2013 12:45 Post ID: #124799 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Eddie Howe

Danny hasn't done as well as he had hoped by moving on, am sure our management knew what they were doing when they let him leave. Monday is going to be a different sort of game from Newcastle as Hull won't allow us so much easy possession and will be on our backs as instructed by the uncompromising Bruce. Unfortunately for us it is Chris Foy's turn to ref us and he tends to see very little when it comes to clever fouling, just hope I'm wrong as I was over Webb who I thought did a decent job last Wednesday.

The players will be travelling direct from Switzerland to Norwich, no point them coming back only to travel the other way the following day. I'll be doing the same and staying in the south east having returned on Friday night although I do know a couple who will be travelling home to Swansea and then back east up to Norwich less than 24 hours later.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 7/12/2013 12:47
Like post
Like this post
08 December 2013 10:33 Post ID: #124805 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Faber (Robin),Eindhoven
We all know how good DG can be,but can only wish him good luck after Monday night.
Strange how he was in such a hurry to leave us to get back to Geordieland,253 miles from Swansea,and now he's ended up still 157 miles away from there at Hull.
I see Norwich got the boost of a rare away win yesterday at WBA,and will now have a week off before we play them next Sunday. For us,it will be a tough ask,3 games in six days,and it will be interesting to see how ML utilises the squad.
Like post
Like this post
08 December 2013 20:39 Post ID: #124813 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Gordon Banks

We will just have to get on with it starting tomorrow night, with news that Michu and Bony might play some part in the game at least we have cause to be optimistic. Our game at St Gallen is also an important one as I feel we need to progress to give our manager and team a boost. You could also say that doing well at Norwich would break the run of bad results we have had there in the past. All in all a very important week.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 8/12/2013 20:43
Like post
Like this post
09 December 2013 08:43 Post ID: #124819 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Haaby (Benoit),Amiens SCF
Leon out for a few weeks with a broken toe,so Canas will have to play every match.
I expect Michu and Bony will play some part tonight to get game time,probably our strongest subs bench ever.
Rangel still out injured,but Tiendalli is getting back to last seasons form last two games.
Vasquez out injured,unlucky,just when he had a golden opportunity to show what he could do.
Dyer and Shelvey probably key players tonight,assuming they're picked to start!
Like post
Like this post
09 December 2013 14:32 Post ID: #124825 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Ivanovic (Chelsea)

Shame Leon couldn't play a part in tonights game ten years after that famous victory at the Vetch, extra pressure on Canas but thought he had one of his best games for us against Newcastle so am hoping he can continue to do well in Leon's absence. Rangel is a big loss I feel as although Tiendali is ok he is certainly not in the same class as our no.22, we do miss his foraging runs down the right hand side and his ability to create opportunities. Hope he is back in time for the Christmas fixtures.

To see Michu and Bony take part tonight even for a short while would be of encouragement, I can't say I'm fussed on Vasquez although he's only a young lad he doesn't seem as yet to have the ability to make the grade at prem level. Hope I'm wrong but just wish we'd been able to find a better loanee.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 9/12/2013 14:35
Like post
Like this post
10 December 2013 08:47 Post ID: #124831 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Josh Kennedy,Nagoya Grampus
After the Lord Mayor's Show last night. It looked as if some of our players did not want to be there,as they proceeded to give the ball away,misplaced passes,and generally lacked any fight whatsover. I find it hard to recall the last time I saw a Swans side give such a gutless display.There were players out there that didn't deserve to wear the shirt. Where was the marking, to let a so out of form DG score his first goal in almost a year was poor,and what was AW doing,he passed the ball straight to their unmarked winger with Ben nowhere near,in the lead up to the goal.
Like post
Like this post
13 December 2013 09:08 Post ID: #124856 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Kaabi (Selim),Inter Turku
Once again we failed to turn up for this match,with the same apathetic display as the last. Both Hull and St Gallen matches were in stark contrast to the fighting spirit our players showed in the Newcastle match. I can't figure out what is going wrong,are they being told to take it easy with having to play three matches in a week? Norwich on Sunday will be a big test for us,our bogey team,surely we'll be up for this one.
Like post
Like this post
16 December 2013 20:37 Post ID: #124867 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Les Ferdinand

A point at Carrow Road was very welcome, think we just about deserved it but still so frustrating to see us sitting back when we could have taken all three points had we been more willing to go for the win. Such a shame that we have lost Nathan as he looked our most dangerous player, how Oliver gave a free kick against him when he got his injury I'll never know. It was an obvious foul against him with the great lump of a defender deliberately falling on him causing the injury, at least it is not an ankle break but ligament damage can be serious and can take some time to heal.
Like post
Like this post
18 December 2013 09:26 Post ID: #124875 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Boma (Cesar),TuS Koblenz
We've lost our most dangerous and on form player,after the clumsy Bassong fell on him. It's all on Shelvey now,as Bony and Michu slowly recover match fitness.
Two wins in nine matches,yet still 10th in the table,gives some cause for optimism if we can find form. We are dominating possession in matches but are not much goal threat,two shots on target with 62% possession (and top of the PL possession & pass accuracy charts),but we'll gratefully take our first point since being in the PL against bogey side Norwich.

Like post
Like this post
18 December 2013 22:53 Post ID: #124882 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Michael Laudrup

It is a shame that Dyer will not be available for sometime, as you say his pace has caused many a problem for prem defences. Maybe another winger will have to be brought in in January though personally I would prefer to see another right back as without Rangel in the side we really struggle. As for our lack of goal threat of late I put it down to lack of creativity by our midfield plus we are yet to find the right balance up front. Bony and Michu don't seem to click in the same team which is why ML has not played them together whilst young Pozuelo has been asked to play various roles with little experience at this level. The number of Europa games we've had to play hasn't helped our league form either though to be in tenth whilst not being at our best has to be applauded.
Like post
Like this post
19 December 2013 09:42 Post ID: #124886 - in reply to #123990
Ivor Allchurch
Nicolas N'Koulou, Marseille
Dyer will be a big miss,he worked so well with Rangel,who will be missing on Sunday,one match ban. I would like to see a decent winger come in January,maybe a loanee,as Routledge is completely ineffective this season,I don't know what's wrong with him.
Jazz is back and may be preferred to Tiendalli,although neither are up to PL standard so far.
Vorm is having an exploratory operation on his knee today,so we're stuck with Tremmel for a while. He's not as good as last season either,but maybe a run in the team will improve his form.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (31): « First ... 4 5 6
8 9 10 ... Last »
Jump to forum: