Swansea City Forum - Football Clubs Worldwide
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: 'I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel.' - Stuart Pearc
- (Added by: sbrjack)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Vote for your man of the match vs Burnley
Suggested By:
Fabianski42%
Naughton0%
Fernandez0%
Mawson0%
Olsson0%
Fer0%
Clucas0%
Sanches21%
Ayew0%
Abraham0%
Dyer25%
Bony12%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W15
2.Dennis Downing7
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.jonno11
6.GThomas1
7.david1
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (30): « First ... 3 4 5
7 8 9 ... Last »
Football Clubs Worldwide
26 November 2013 10:59 Post ID: #124663 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
duplicate post

Edited by keith margam 26/11/2013 11:02
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
26 November 2013 10:59 Post ID: #124664 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
duplicate post

Edited by keith margam 26/11/2013 11:01
Like post
Like this post
26 November 2013 10:59 Post ID: #124665 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
duplicate post

Edited by keith margam 26/11/2013 11:03
Like post
Like this post
26 November 2013 10:59 Post ID: #124666 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
FC United of Manchester
(formed as a protest by Man Utd fans against the Glazer's takeover of Man Utd)

As a poster pointed out on another site,there are rules and restrictions put in place by UEFA for any club participating in their competitions,which include ticket prices. How this works I don't know.but maybe this is why the club have been restricted in what they offer. Regarding the DVLA freebies. Leigh Dineen has tweeted that there would be an explanation forthcoming about it.
I read somewhere that there are 2k left. Good idea about a neon sign outside the ticket office giving ticket status of each match. And why not do like Llanelli do,and advertise on the main roads the next fixtures.There is definitely not enough information being released.
Our match last weekend was blanked by the Welsh news of BBC and ITV,seemingly only the rugby and the "fantastic" Cardiff draw are deemed worthy of reporting.

Edited by keith margam 26/11/2013 11:11
Like post
Like this post
26 November 2013 15:19 Post ID: #124673 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Getafe FC

They did show Shelvey's goal on BBC Wales news I think but blink and you missed it, I rarely watch Welsh sports news programmes though I must as I did tune accidentally to Radio Wales one Saturday morning lunchtime and there were a couple of amusing guys on there one of whom was a Swans fan. They were talking about superstitions and how wearing a certain lucky shirt was compulsory for him at Swans games, think we can all be a bit like that as you don't want to jinx the team in any way...

Like post
Like this post
27 November 2013 09:18 Post ID: #124683 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Haceteppe FC, Turkey
Most people are superstitious,often I wear the same clothes next match if we won the last one,and vice versa,if we lose I tend not to wear those clothes again. It doesn't work usually,and anyway I tend to forget which is lucky or unlucky in the long term.
Freebies to the DVLA was part of their marketing strategy apparently,and linked to to assessing ground expansion and encouraging new fans. Discounted ticket scheme for existing fans will be introduced for the next round if we qualify.
Like post
Like this post
27 November 2013 16:24 Post ID: #124689 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Inverness Calendonian Thistle

I admit to being superstitious even down to the shampoo I use on match day, crazy I know but you feel you have to keep the ritual going if it works...

Would be good to see Pablo take to the field again tomorrow if he is fit but my plea to the backroom staff is make sure he is warmed up properly as it is going to be a cold night and he is so susceptible to pulls and strains. Wonder what team will be put out this time, can see Leon back in and I reckon ML will continue to play his strongest side despite the away game on Sunday. Some are saying we have not missed Michu since his enforced lay off but I reckon the Michu we saw in the last few games he played was a below par version due to him carrying an injury and when he does return he will be rejuvenated and raring to go probably by the time we play Newcastle at home next week.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 27/11/2013 16:26
Like post
Like this post
28 November 2013 10:13 Post ID: #124694 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Jakarta FC 1928
We talked about players warming up properly before matches before,and when you see most subs half hearted warm up routines,it's a wonder there aren't more muscle strains.
He'll definitely play his strongest side tonight,probably at the expense of fielding a weakened side against Man City and Newcastle.It's a juggling act anyway with such a small squad and injuries to Rouledge,Monk,and Pablo.
Michu coming back for Newcastle would be a boost,as he is a match winner in his own right when on form.
So Valencia manager Dukic reckons we suffer without the ball,as all Laurup teams do.He's probably right,so the key point is to keep as much possesion as we can,and when we lose the ball to get it back as quickly as possible.
Like post
Like this post
28 November 2013 16:32 Post ID: #124700 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Kettering Town

Will be an interesting game tonight depending on the earlier result between the other two teams in the group, I would really love us to finish top but just to qualify tonight would be a bonus and save us having to get something in St Gallen. We could do with a moral boosting home performance as we've struggled at the Liberty on several occasions in league and cup already this season, with games v Newcastle and Hull to come next we need to be confident that we can win on our own patch more regularly.
Like post
Like this post
29 November 2013 10:11 Post ID: #124707 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
La Paz FC, Bolivia
Valencia players were fired up for this one,came for revenge and got it,with a fighting,albeit an over robust display uncontrolled by the ref,last night. Again we were lethargic first half,and Valencia's relentless pressing us on the ball had us passing sideways and back with hardly any penetration. I'm fed up of talking about poor officials,and the disallowed goal was yet another wrong decision that has proved very costly.
The long term injury to Bony is the worst imaginable scenario,and with Michu still out we now have very little threat up front. Rangel will also be a huge miss,and so far this competition has been a bit of a disaster for us.
A poor punched clearance by Tremmel was deflected to an unmarked player for an easy goal,with no defender covering the far post again. Yet Valencia in the same position cleared the ball off the line to avoid a certain equaliser.
The early goal stunned the crowd and consequently we were quiet throughout. The "offside" goal would have changed the game,but it was not to be.
I am more concerned now with the injuries and the detrimental effect on our forthcoming league matches.
Like post
Like this post
29 November 2013 17:33 Post ID: #124711 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Morecambe FC

Yes the possible long term loss of Bony is really upsetting as he was starting to show signs of the player we had hoped he'd be. Rangel's injury is less serious but I doubt he will be available for the next few league games which is a blow as he has been one of our best players in recent games.

Sunday at Man City is a scary prospect and despite Jenkins' positive approach most of our fans will be looking for damage limitation particularly without us having one real decent striker upfront. Can our manager fire up the players in the dressing room prior to kick off and will our travelling fans continue to sing as they have done in every away game no matter what the score. We'll know soon enough.
Like post
Like this post
30 November 2013 10:38 Post ID: #124719 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Nimes Olympique FC
Do we go all defensive or play our normal game ,albeit with little threat up front? Can we flood the midfield,keep possession and close the game down. First and second in the possession percentages table this season playing each other,who will win out? Can we catch City on an off day,and have officials that can officiate without bias? We have Routledge back in contention and Pablo fit but not up to speed yet.
Bony,Michu and Rangel, out,it will be a tough ask,but a great opportunity for the fringe players to show what they can do. Lamah has got some potential and I like his jinky runs,he needs polishing up a bit though,and is still a rough diamond,but worth persevering with. Michu may be back for the Newcastle game and will bring much needed experience in attack.
Like post
Like this post
02 December 2013 10:01 Post ID: #124735 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Obbola IK,Sweden
Better seats and view this week,albeit in a stadium that was a free gift from the the taxpayer,the converted ex-Commonwealth Games Docklands Stadium of 2002.
Good showing first half,with 60% possession,as we recovered from an early setback,with a nervous start from Tremmel contributing to the 6th minute goal,although he recovered later to put in a good display.
60% possession first half as we played some good football,54%-46% possession overall. We were unlucky when Guzman fluffed a chance one on one with the goalkeeper,and Shelvey had two great shots thatt were saved. Second half we capitulated and two more goals from Nasri (Guzman supposed to be marking and failed to track back again) sealed the win. No complaints as they had 26 shots on goal and the score could have been a lot higher. Luckily they didn't have their shooting boots on,as I feel goal difference may be a key factor for us at the end of the season.
We have no threat up front with the same old afraid to shoot,pass it sideways,when in front of goal mentality,barring Shelvey who was unlucky not to score.
Pablo had a good shout for a penalty turned down as he was pulled back,but there was no way we would ever get a penalty decision against one of the big team at home,no matter who the ref was.
There is cause for optomism though after that first half display,and we need to carry that forward to Wednesday to play another team in top form,Newcastle.
Like post
Like this post
02 December 2013 17:57 Post ID: #124740 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Portsmouth

I thought we did as well as we could under the circumstances, as ML said the difference was in the quality of their strikers who were obviously better than ours but no surprise when you look at the resources of both teams and the fact that our two best were missing through injury. I felt we played some lovely football at times and were unlucky not to get the pen or one of the three chances in that opening half but we tired as the game progressed and was glad to hear the final whistle with us being just the three down. Have to say it is a privilege to be there watching the quality of football on offer, had superb view as I'd changed my seats to block 115.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 3/12/2013 01:12
Like post
Like this post
03 December 2013 12:50 Post ID: #124747 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Qingdao Jonoon,China Super League
Aston Villa away ticket arrived this morning,already got Norwich and Chelsea away tickets.
Man City counter attacked in numbers,and with pace,and this is the way to panic defenders.
Newcastle will arrive at Cardiff Airport this afternoon on British Midland Airlines. They will be full of confidence after four straight wins have lifted them into 5th place.
If we can replicate our form of the first half on Sunday at Man City,and get an early goal,we stand a chance of causing an upset.After all we did the double over them last season,and we are at home.
I'm hoping Michu will be back,and with Pablo and Routledge fit again,it's looking more positive for us than after the Valencia game. Hoping for once we will not be talking about poor decisions from officials after the game.
Like post
Like this post
03 December 2013 16:46 Post ID: #124751 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Rangers (Glasgow)

Plenty of football in the coming weeks, do hope we can start picking up league points as it would be really disappointed if we were to struggle near the foot of the table as the season progressed. Newcastle will indeed be full of confidence and it won't be easy as our home form is patchy to say the least, our crowd will need to be patient and supportive if we are to get the points on offer. If we get any more obviously bad decisions I really will start to wonder if there is a hoodoo on us or some sort of conspiracy. At City on Sunday even the home fans were surprised we didn't get a penalty but when do we ever get one, maybe we need to get into that penalty area a bit more often and give the ref no choice.

Like post
Like this post
04 December 2013 09:18 Post ID: #124759 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Safa Beirut,Lebanon
We are definitely not skillful enough at diving like most in the PL. We do not run into the box and fall as if poleaxed like most in the PL. We pass sideways and look for a clear shot,instead of just shooting and maybe getting a deflection or hand ball. If we do get foul tackled in the box,it's never a penalty,and I can't see this changing anytime soon.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (30): « First ... 3 4 5
7 8 9 ... Last »
Jump to forum: