Swansea City Forum - Football Clubs Worldwide
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: 'If you're 0-0 down, there's no-one better to get you back on terms than Ian Wright.' - Robbie Earle
- (Added by: sbrjack)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Vote for your man of the match vs Burnley
Suggested By:
Fabianski46%
Naughton0%
Fernandez0%
Mawson0%
Olsson0%
Fer0%
Clucas0%
Sanches24%
Ayew0%
Abraham0%
Dyer17%
Bony13%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W15
2.Dennis Downing7
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.jonno11
6.GThomas1
7.david1
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (30): « First ... 2 3 4
6 7 8 ... Last »
Football Clubs Worldwide
16 November 2013 22:19 Post ID: #124555 - in reply to #123989
Roger Freestone
didn't know i'd find Swansea city discussion in off topic, there's more in here than in the Swansea forum!
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
17 November 2013 09:48 Post ID: #124561 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Pandurii FC,Romania
Maybe we'll have to get a replacement in January for Pablo,he certainly seems susceptible to injury at the moment,with no comeback date yet.I also hope Ki will return in January to boost our midfield options,I think we've been stuttering there lately. With JDG reluctant to tackle, Leon is the only ball winner.JDG failed to chase Ireland after losing the ball,which led to one of the Stoke goals,we can't afford that kind of attitude if we want to get back to winning ways.
Like post
Like this post
17 November 2013 14:51 Post ID: #124568 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Queen of the South

I'd stick with Pablo but he does need to work on his fitness and conditioning as his injuries do seem never ending this season in particular. Rumours of a bid for Tom Ince have been surfacing on other sites, he's still pretty raw from what I've seen of him but definitely a talented lad. As for Ki I'm not sure if he is ML's sort of player, he seems to prefer JDG but personally I'm not fussed with either of them.

P>S> Feel free to add your comments on here eye_nose_hat
Like post
Like this post
18 November 2013 11:05 Post ID: #124579 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
(Kaposvari)Rakoczi FC, Hungary
The games up until Xmas will give us a clearer picture of where we stand,and whether we need to strengthen.
I understand why ML wants a 22 man squad,rather than a bunch of senior players struggling to even get on the bench for a first team game,but we are a victim of circumstances,where the Premier Reserve league,of which we were part,was abolished to be replaced by the Professional Development League (Premier Academy Under 21's League),of which we are still part,but relegated to the second tier,which is split into North and South.
From Wikipedia -
Previously, clubs participating in the Premier Reserve League (the highest level of reserve football in England) were removed from the competition if their first team in the Premier League were relegated and replaced with a promoted team.
Under the Professional Development League system, Premier League reserves teams' league status is not directly linked to the first team's Premier League status. Instead, there are three different Professional Development Leagues at each age-group level and clubs in the top four tiers of the English football league system are placed in the system based on the assessment of their academy for the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP).
League 1
Arsenal,Aston Villa,Blackburn,Bolton,Chelsea,Everton,Fulham,Leicester,Liverpool,
ManCity,ManUtd,Middlesbrough,Newcastle,Norwich,Reading,
Southampton,Stoke,Sunderland,Spurs,WBA,West Ham.
League 2
South -
Brentford,Brighton,Bristol City,Cardiff City,Charlton,Crystal Palace,Ipswich,Millwall,QPR,Swans

The sooner we get into League One the better and we know that the club are doing their best to get things in place for this. So the rumours that the Head of the Youth set up,Tony Pennock,has departed comes as no surprise,seeing our poor results overall since he's been here. This is the second time he's left the club,having left in 2007 as Goalkeeping Coach.

Edited by keith margam 18/11/2013 11:09
Like post
Like this post
18 November 2013 16:44 Post ID: #124583 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Southend FC

Just commented on Tony Pennock on the other thread not having seen what you had written. With a large chunk of money spent on the new training centre what we really need is for there to be a strong youth set up and if it means changes in personnel then so be it. Would love us to be like Southampton their youth academy has produced several stars over the years including our own Nathan Dyer and of course Gareth Bale.
Like post
Like this post
19 November 2013 10:12 Post ID: #124595 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Tarxien Rainbows,Malta
Well,well Robert Madley gets his come uppance! It seems that the powers that be are in agreement that he made some bad decisions last week. He's dropped from refereeing a PL match next weekend,maybe he's gone on a refresher course to learn the rules again.All well and good,but we are minus two points because of him,and Stoke are plus one point.It could make a big difference at the end of the season.
To compensate,they've given us the other controversial referee of recent times Andrew Marriner,yes the one who robbed WBA of an away win by favouring the big club and giving Chelsea a last minute penalty that never was!

Edited by keith margam 19/11/2013 10:17
Like post
Like this post
19 November 2013 10:43 Post ID: #124599 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Upminster FC

Funnily enough we've not done too badly under Mariner but all we want is for a fair referee to be in charge whether home or away. Seems all our Fulham away tickets have been sold though only 1700 were given to us, of course the neutral section is right alongside and I reckon we'll have quite a few more in there along with the foreign tourists that like the chance to attend a premier league game. I've enjoyed our trips to Fulham in the past with their coffee shops and the walkway beside the Thames but most important is what goes on inside Craven Cottage of course. Remember last season Chico was standing amongst us as he was injured, think he really enjoyed himself but know he'd much prefer to be playing this weekend and hopefully contributing to another Swans win.
Like post
Like this post
20 November 2013 09:59 Post ID: #124606 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Valerenga FC, Norway
It seems the club are afraid to lose money by ordering too many tickets,hence only 1700 tickets this time. Previously we were allowed to return unsold tickets at no charge.This new rule of clubs paying for all away tickets ordered is affecting away attendances at a time when the PL are so concerned about a drop in away attendances they are pumping in millions to subsidise clubs away travel,doesn't make sense to me.
Fulham is a good away trip,especially being the right side of London for us,M4,A4, and straight in,and also no bully boy bouncers at every pub door,blocking away fans,as at Arsenal.
Like post
Like this post
20 November 2013 14:34 Post ID: #124610 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Whitley Bay FC

Yes I feel the same way about the conservative ticket allocation we order for certain games though I think we are wary as we have lost out in the past, remember at QPR last season we took far fewer to Loftus Road in our opening fixture than had been anticipated and lost quite a lot of money on unsold tickets. You have to know your "audience" and what will sell and what won't, seems the ticket office still have a long way to go in that regard especially with the Europa cup games at the Liberty which were overpriced from the start and left us having to offer free seats to try and fill the stadium.
Like post
Like this post
21 November 2013 10:10 Post ID: #124615 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Xelaju MC, Guatemala
The club are in a bit of a quandry regarding away tickets. Whilst wanting plenty of away support,they do not want to have to line other clubs pockets by returning unwanted tickets already charged for.
I think the system is wrong,and the home club should supply as many away tickets as fans need up to the percentage limit,with unwanted tickets returned at no cost in plenty of time so they can be sold on to the home fans. As the system is at the moment,it's no wonder away fan attendances are declining.
Our home Europa league matches should have been drastically reduced ticket prices to fill the stadium.
The one exception is the Valencia home match,surely we will get a full house for that,without having to give tickets away.
Like post
Like this post
21 November 2013 13:34 Post ID: #124621 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
York City

Valencia tickets were not part of the free ticket deal but I don't think we've sold out yet, maybe by the time the match comes round we will have a full house but only if the public are made aware that there are tickets still available. I heard an advert on Talksport this morning by Fulham Football Club announcing tickets on sale for their games, seems we should do similarly maybe on local radio/newspapers to advertise games or at least inform fans of when tickets are available. I'm sure a lot of the time many are not aware that games are not sell outs, our official website is very poor in that regard and fails constantly to keep up to date with information on ticket sales and availability.
Like post
Like this post
22 November 2013 11:03 Post ID: #124628 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Zacapa FC, Guatemala
Strange then,that the club have given 400 tickets for the Valencia match to the DVLA,according to other posters,I assume they were free.
Plenty of better causes I would have thought,than giving well paid DVLA employees a free ticket,better to issue them to local junior schools and gain some new young fans.
A must win match tomorrow first off though,and Fulham,with a new coach in place to assist Jol,will be saying the same thing. It's going to be tough. We need to continue our form from the Stoke second half if we hope to get anything.
Like post
Like this post
22 November 2013 16:40 Post ID: #124632 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Arsenal

Yes why not give these freebies to a more deserving cause, maybe there is good reason that we are not aware of, just hope these civil servants enjoy their night and maybe decide to become members of the Jack Army because of it.

Fulham tomorrow does concern me, lots of expectation from our fans after two fantastic performances there in recent years. Remember Chico being amongst our away crowd last season, no theatricals on the field from him tomorrow I hope, just a strong committed performance from all in our backline.
Like post
Like this post
24 November 2013 10:07 Post ID: #124643 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Baia Zugdidi FC,Georgia
A huge relief to get a win and move out of the danger zone after our stuttering form recently. We would have been looking pretty sick in the table if Fulham had won and they would have been above us. It could have been so different if Bent had taken his chances,but it was our day,and after so many shots on goal and dominating possession,we got the goals our play deserved .
Shelvey,at last showing the form that persuaded ML to buy him,scored a pearler,and almost had another when he came on as sub. I liked the comment from Gary Lineker at the end of MOTD last night, that Swansea looked a solid Premiership side now,and both pundits Kevin Kilbane and Alan Hansen agreed.
A huge week for us this week,and with Valencia at home on Thursday,and Man City away on Sunday,it was so important for confidence to get the win yesterday.
An amazing and surreal time to be a Swans fan,long may it continue.
Like post
Like this post
24 November 2013 16:26 Post ID: #124649 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Cheltenham

Yes sometimes we should just stop and think about what we are experiencing as Swans fans...best ever times by a mile having a club to be so proud of. We might not be not playing at our best so far this season but the last few games we have responded well to setbacks and but for a terrible ref decision would have gained two wins in the last couple of prem games. Watching Man City v Spurs this afternoon however does give us food for thought ...6 nil to the home side with us their next opponent but of course we have Valencia at home first in Europe on Thursday. Unbelievably exciting fixtures for us when you think where we were not so long ago.
Like post
Like this post
25 November 2013 11:31 Post ID: #124655 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Danubio FC, Uruguay
I wonder if we'll have a full house on Thursday,surely there shouldn't be an empty seat for such an attractive fixture. I would rather see the seats given away free than be empty. Why 400 freebies were given to the DVLA who knows,no explanation from the club. Some cads suggesting that they were given in exchange for penalty points on players driving licences!
As I mentioned in the other thread,a tough journey to watch Man City in the form of their lives on Sunday. Yet they are inexplicably poor away from home. West Ham are the opposite to Man City,they seem to have found the formula for closing shop in away games,yet flounder at home.
A dilemma for us,do we crowd the midfield and play defensively or play our normal game.
Like post
Like this post
25 November 2013 18:25 Post ID: #124659 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Exeter City

Understand there are still tickets available for Valencia but why don't the club advertise this fact as many not in know will have no idea that they can get to see a Swans game live if they wander down to our ticket office before Thursday night. Not everyone is like us scouring the websites for Swans news but it might be a good idea to have a large neon sign in the ticket office window giving continuous updated info on latest ticket news...just a suggestion.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (30): « First ... 2 3 4
6 7 8 ... Last »
Jump to forum: