Swansea City Forum - Football Clubs Worldwide
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: I'd like to play for an Italian club, like Barcelona.' - Mark Draper
- (Added by: sbrjack)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Vote for your man of the match vs West Brom
Suggested By:
Fabianski2%
Naughton0%
van der Hoorn2%
Mawson0%
Olsson0%
Mesa51%
Carroll0%
Ki8%
Routledge0%
Bony37%
Dyer0%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W4
2.Dennis Downing2
3.KevinE1
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (30): « First ... 25 26 27
29 30 Last »
Football Clubs Worldwide
18 August 2014 09:46 Post ID: #126981 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Ohrana-Dinamo,Belarus

M6 was chaotic as usual,with the road works and the accidents. Even trying to get out from the ground was murder.
Bony had two players marking him all the time which created space for others. It was great that two midfielders scored.we need that input to share the goals around and not rely on one man to score all the goals as we did last season.
I've got to mention Mike Dean. I knew we were in for it from previous matches,and he didn't disappoint.He was so biased and awarded free kick after free kick when they were diving as if poleaxed anywhere near our area to gain advantage. We are not a dirty team,yet we had 3 yellows,and if anyone was dirty it was Fellaini,who got away with murder.And what about the 6-1/2 minutes injury time,which was only supposed to be 4?
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
18 August 2014 15:00 Post ID: #126985 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Peterborough United

Knew what we were in for before the kick off with old Dean in charge, funnily enough he also officiated at our other win at Old Trafford in the cup. Yet no matter how many advantages he gave the home side we managed to withstand the numerous and often unfair free kicks given against us. A great tackle on the touchline by Nathan resulted in a yellow card yet an almost exact copy by Ashley Young was allowed to go unpunished. As for Fellaini he was sent on to try and rough up our players, he didn't try it on Bony I noticed but his knee in the back of Montero was sly and uncalled for. Also not to get some sort of card for the backhander on Ki was unbelievable but I suppose Dean will say he did not see it. No sign of any restrospective booking by the panel however, had it been one of ours it would have no doubt been all over the press.
Like post
Like this post
19 August 2014 08:45 Post ID: #126991 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Qabala FC,Azerbaijan
Even the resident ref on the Guestbook was complaining about Dean,,especially Dyer's booking. Yet we get this sort of bias from many of the PL ref's,so I'm glad this time it did not influence the result.
I haven't seen a replay of the match,but many have complained about the Man U bias in the BT commentary and punditry. I only saw the goals on there,but heard a sample of the commentary to understand - first goal - "Phil Jones comes across to cover and was blocked", second goal - "fortunate there really Routledge had slipped".
Like post
Like this post
19 August 2014 19:41 Post ID: #126999 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Reading FC

Bony just stood his ground in the penalty area for our first goal, Phil Jones must have felt like he'd hit a wall running straight into our striker. Noticed he made a dramatic fall to try and make it look as if he'd been fouled, these United players know every trick in the book but for once on Saturday Dean didn't fall for it. Glad he also didn't give a penalty at the end when Rangel had his back to the ball when it hit his arm, some refs might have given it but would have been totally undeserved. Those two decisions were about the only ones which were given in our favour important as they were, I lost count of the number of free kicks he gave them and he must have nearly run out of vanishing spray.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 19/8/2014 19:43
Like post
Like this post
20 August 2014 09:25 Post ID: #127005 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
SS San Giovanni,Italy
The big difference for me in the Man U match,compared to last season,was that we had quality subs to come on,in Gomis and Montero. We have bought well,and with the signings of Fed and Stambouli or Cork we we'll have a strong squad,with Britton and Emnes also coming back from injury. If only we can keep Bony it will be the icing on the cake.
Some mention for Tiendalli,who didn't put a foot wrong.GM rates him so he must have something about him.
The reason for JDG holding back on signing for us is now clear as he takes a medical at Napoli,who can offer him Champions League football maybe,as they could only draw 1-1 at home to A.Bilbao last night. Michu making his debut of the subs bench,Higuan scoring the equaliser.
Like post
Like this post
20 August 2014 13:04 Post ID: #127010 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Tranmere Rovers

The goal JDG scored for us at Valencia last season in the Europa competition maybe will have been in the minds of the Napoli club officials when they decided to sign him but if they are expecting him to do this on a regular basis they will be disappointed. I have a friend who is delighted to see the Dutchman leave us because he is a player that rarely digs in when the chips are down, he was ok in my eyes but am not that put out that he has chosen to go to Italy where the fans are worse than ours when their players fail to perform.

As for Tiendalli he has looked composed in the two games I saw him play away at Reading and as sub at Man U, obviously Garry has faith enough to pick him and maybe having the backing of the manager has given him the necessary confidence to perform. Have to say he was poor last season when called upon to fill in but maybe this season he will surprise a few who consider him to be too weak at prem level.
Like post
Like this post
21 August 2014 08:42 Post ID: #127015 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
(FC)Ural Sverdlovsk,Russia

Welcome to our latest recruit Federico. He's still waiting for International Clearance according to the local rag,so maybe no debut for him on Saturday.
I liked JDG,very skillful,but he always shied out of the tackle,similar to Ki,so we couldn't have both playing together.
Burnley will be desperate to pick up points after losing at home in their first game in the PL,and we'll find it tough to break them down. It's a big chance for us to pick up some points though, with two successive home games before the internationals break.
Like post
Like this post
22 August 2014 09:21 Post ID: #127028 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Veerhuys FC,Nederlands
Burnley are a bit of an unknown quantity tomorrow. They had the best defensive record in the Championship so they will more than likely shut up shop and try to hit us on the break,and will be desperate to get their first points on the board.
Looks as if the club are worried about the new scanning system at the turnstiles,after some fans missed kick off due to big queues for the Villarreal game. They are knocking a £1 off a pint at the concourse bars for early birds,from 1.15 pm,trying to get us in early to avoid any congestion this time. With Coors lager gone up to £4 a pint this season,I don't think there'll be a mad rush to take up their offer.
I wonder if the big screens will be commissioned in time,it'll be great to see the action replays.
Like post
Like this post
22 August 2014 16:40 Post ID: #127035 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Wimbledon AFC

Not being a drinker the price of a pint is not really an issue for me, we usually get food at Rossi's which although isn't that cheap is much nicer and better value than what is on offer inside the stadium. We usually get in early anyway but as you say am looking forward to seeing the new screens in action pre match, apparently there will be trailers for the new film From a Jack to a King which is being screened in several cinemas including Leicester Square from 12th September.

As for the game my main concern is that we allow Burnley time to settle, we need to be at them from the off and hassle them into errors. Wish Leon was back as he makes us tick and picks up all the loose balls infront of our back four, seems he won't be available until the middle of next month so his injury must have been quite significant for him to be out so long. Hope he can get himself fit and up and running in time for the trip to Stamford Bridge.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 22/8/2014 16:42
Like post
Like this post
23 August 2014 09:09 Post ID: #127041 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Xinabajul - Guatemala
Rossi's should get the catering contract at the Liberty! Even the Harvester,F&B,are of a higher standard/better value than the present catering franchisees. Maybe one day we'll own the ground and have our own choice of caterers. I can't see fans rushing to the stadium to get a £1 off a pint,it's only bringing the price level down to the Harvester prices anyway.
Not sure if Carroll is the answer to fill in whilst Britton is out,we may have to go with what we've got.
Like post
Like this post
23 August 2014 11:58 Post ID: #127045 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
York City

Nervous anticipation with just a few hours to kick off, I do prefer Saturday football kicking off at 3pm. I still pinch myself sometimes to think we are now in our fourth season at the highest level and so still have the privilege of watching some scintillating football from our team. Today is probably going to be as tough as any home match we have this season, expectation amongst our fans will be high yet our team will need the backing of each and every one of the Jack Army and so no desparaging remarks from some of the Monk doubters if things don't go our way from the start.
Like post
Like this post
24 August 2014 09:00 Post ID: #127054 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
ZFK Jagodina,Serbia

It was a hard earned 3 points,but I was well satisfied with the result,second in the table,can't be bad. Now let's aim to go into the enforced international break with another 3 points v WBA next Saturday.
I liked the new screens,I'm sure they'll improve the content and quality once the controllers get used to the system.
Good support from the JA throughout the match,even Bony was full of praise for the fans afterwards.
Burnley second half fought very hard,their manager Dyche must be a good motivator. Let us not forget that they had not lost an away game in 2014 before today,and had the best defensive record in the Championship last season. A tough uncompromising side,fortunately they were a bit blunt up front. I think it was the type of match we would have lost or drawn last season. After a good first half the ref made some odd decisions second half and let Burnley get away with too many fouls.
I commented on the great subs we had to come on last week at Man U,but today we were crying out for a change in midfield as we were losing the battle there with Ki and Shelvey fading badly,but we had nobody suitable on the bench. I think it's got to be a priority to strengthen the defensive midfield before the window closes.
I thought Amat had a good game,and it augers well for the future that we now have strong competition in this position.Ash was a rock again,and Bony is so good at defending set pieces.
How are we going to keep Bony and Gomis happy sharing the lone striker slot? Fortunately neither can last the 90 mins at the moment due to a lack of match fitness.
Like post
Like this post
24 August 2014 14:16 Post ID: #127060 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Aberdeen

You summed the match up well, another three precious points banked when not at our best. First half I felt we showed some glimpses of what we are capable of and we were unlucky not to be 2 or 3 up by the break. Second half was of concern as we sat back and just let them come at us, thankfully a combination of some solid defending which included having an impressive commanding keeper and some poor finishing by the visitors enabled us to come out on top. Might not be so easy against a better side so we must do something about midfield, it's not working having two similar players there who looked leggy after the break including one who is a liability and not a team player.

Thankfully we do have quality up front and I'm counting down the days to when the window shuts and we still have Wilf on our books. Gomis is a work in progress and will take time to settle into the pace of this league but am hoping for good things from him. Siggy showed moments of great skill including the pass for Nathan's well taken goal, with a better midfield he will prosper this season. Looks like we will have four pacey wingers to vie for the two places available, I like the look of Montero who came on yesterday and worked extremely hard on closing down his opponent as well as showing good pace as we hung on for the victory.

As for the new screens I do feel sorry for those in the South stand who now have an obstructed view, the roof structure apparently is not strong enough to hang them any higher which is a shame. Not happy there is no permant clock on display, found it annoying on times when the adverts dominated the screens and left us not knowing how much longer we had to play. Also why didn't they show a replay of our goal before play had restarted, surely that is the whole point of having them....
Like post
Like this post
25 August 2014 09:43 Post ID: #127063 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Baku Flames,Azerbaijan
We sat too deep second half and lost control of midfield. Our defence stood firm though,and limited Burnley to one shot on target.
If I were HJ, I would be on the phone this morning to Stambouli's agent to get him in here quickly. Britton will not be back anytime soon and the team is crying out for a strong defensive midfielder.Countdown time in the transfer window,it closes a week tonight at 11pm.
On another tack,I see the Planet Swans leader has decided to criticise our ex-players for sending thank you messages to our fans. IMO inappropriate comments,especially as he is also Chairman of the Supporters Trust. I do not want the Trust leader,as a representative of the fans,making controversial comments,better he concentrated on doing his job properly.Thanks for the kind words JDG,Pablo,Chico,much appreciated.
Like post
Like this post
25 August 2014 23:02 Post ID: #127069 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Chesterfield

No news from anyone "in the know" with regard to another DM coming before next Monday, seems our targets are another winger from Sweden & the full back from France. Worries me & no doubt many others that our midfield fell apart second half at Burnley & throughout against Villarreal, we need someone strong & intelligent there. Heard Leon could be out for another month so unless Canas has kissed & made up with Monk I fear we will struggle with just the youngsters Carroll & Fulton (if he's fit).

Edited by Swan_Lady2 25/8/2014 23:04
Like post
Like this post
26 August 2014 08:57 Post ID: #127073 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Djurgarden FC,Sweden

Judging from GM's latest Press comments,we're going with the inexperienced Carroll,so Stambouli is not coming,and it could well be a big mistake. Maybe we'll see how good Carroll is tonight,if picked. Let's hope GM is right and he is as good as Britton.
HJ /GM stated that only players better than what we've got would be brought in from now on to strengthen the squad,and to be fair we've made some cracking moves for players so far,but I can't see how Carroll,who played last season in the Championship without excelling,and Barrow who's coming from the Swedish Second Division constitute better players.
Like post
Like this post
26 August 2014 10:53 Post ID: #127077 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Exeter City

There can be a fine line when making transfer decisions, some come off brilliantly eg Michu whilst others can be a big mistake eg Lita. We being one of the smaller clubs in the prem do have to budget carefully so discussions between our chairman and manager are no doubt very important and maybe Monk feels Carroll will be up to the job of covering for Leon at a limited cost but that still leaves us without a ball winning midfielder unless as I said before Canas comes back into the fold. If he leaves and frees up a wage then maybe we will get someone else in at the last minute.

I'm happy overall with the squad as we have improved options in nearly all positions, our Polish keeper has been brilliant so far whilst our new striker and winger look to have good power and pace. Less than a week before the window closes, Liverpool have signed Ballotelli so will no longer be sniffing around Bony but I hear Giroud of Arsenal will be out injured for a while but doubt if Wenger would want our man. Keeping Wilf will be vital and it looks more likely as each day passes, he seems to give the team an anchor and even if he stays until the January window it will be a massive boost for the squad.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (30): « First ... 25 26 27
29 30 Last »
Jump to forum: