Swansea City Forum - Football Clubs Worldwide
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: “The first 90 minutes are the most important.” -Sir Bobby Robson
- (Added by: sbrjack)
Current Poll (see more polls)
What will the result be vs Burnley
Suggested By:
Burnley win64%
Draw18%
Swansea City win18%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W13
2.Dennis Downing5
3.KevinE4
4.GThomas1
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (30): « First ... 24 25 26
28 29 30 Last »
Football Clubs Worldwide
08 August 2014 19:22 Post ID: #126887 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
York City

Was surprised at the late Chico transfer decision especially as he went on the pre season tour to the States & looked to be in Monk's plans. His back injury maybe wasn't as serious as was made out at the time, he will not have wanted to scupper the deal by risking playing for us again. Shame but money has no doubt played a huge part in his decision as who in their right mind would prefer to play football in Qatar...anyway it's his loss and one day he may rue his decision to leave the premier league and the exposure that goes with it.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 8/8/2014 19:27
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
09 August 2014 09:03 Post ID: #126893 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Zrinjski Mostar,Bosnia
I thought he would have gone back to Spain,if anywhere,but obviously money talks.He would have been a multi-millionaire here and counting anyway,so it's pure greed.
All gone quiet on his replacement,hopefully it's Fernandez,we should have done a straight swap with Michu,and not a loan deal.
Also gone quiet is the JDG transfer,it was a priority for us at the end of the season,but now nothing,unless we can loan him again when the window opens.Apparently he hasn't travelled with Villarreal for today's match,so he's in limbo at the moment.
Like post
Like this post
09 August 2014 10:10 Post ID: #126897 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Arsenal

Will be good to be back at the Liberty today though a friendly always has a different and less intense atmosphere compared with a competitive game. Will Monk play his best 11 to start or will he mix and match during the game to see which combination works best against what will be a very decent Spanish side. We are obviously still a few first team players light but seems to be taking longer these days to set up and complete deals, the Utrecht controversy doesn't do our club any favours and I'd be careful if I were Jenkins not to gain a reputation for shading dealings.
Like post
Like this post
10 August 2014 08:19 Post ID: #126904 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Baba Diawara,Levante,Spain
QPR are in for JDG. Gary says he can't wait for Guzman. who wanted to keep his options open and is still on holiday! We could have done with him yesterday in that shambles of a team display.
The squad are very short of quality and depth with only youngsters on the bench yesterday,and it should be a busy time in the transfer market this week if we have any serious intentions of keeping our PL status.
Like post
Like this post
10 August 2014 12:36 Post ID: #126909 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Chelsea

So disappointing yesterday, we looked very much a slow British side compared with the Villarreal smooth passing style. What has happened to our passing game, our midfield trio were slow and cumbersome and had no idea how to get the ball let alone pass it. We cannot play Ki, Shelvey and Sigurdsson in the same side and with no width on the right we looked lopsided, our front runners were isolated and frustrated as we had no way of getting the ball to them apart from lump it upfield...not what we are used to or want. Over to you mr chairman to sort it out.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 10/8/2014 12:37
Like post
Like this post
11 August 2014 09:45 Post ID: #126913 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
(FC)Dacia,Moldova
Do we go all out to get JDG back,before he goes to QPR,or get another midfielder in,because as you say that midfield was hopeless. What was inconceivable,as I said previously,was that GM didn't change the 4-4-2 system when it was obvious it was not working,and waited until the 82nd minute before taking Bony off and replacing him with young winger Alex Bray. I started watching catch up of the match on S4C,but only saw the first goal as I was called away.Dreadful marking and slick passing,they cut straight through us. Even in the first minute when we conceded a corner they almost scored. It was like watching fourth division against a PL side.
The shambles was there for all to see.After a month of pre-season training we are in disarray,and the after-match comments from GM are hard to understand. We are 2-3 years behind Villarreal in where we want to be (we already played like that before he started meddling?),and I'll have to sit down with the chairman to draw up a short list of players we need(shouldn't that have been done end of last season?).
On a lighter note,I liked the miniature yellow submarine presented to Ash at the start of the game.
Like post
Like this post
11 August 2014 14:59 Post ID: #126917 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Exeter City

It is worrying, we were like Villarreal two years ago with our slick passing style so how could we have gone backwards so quickly...not bringing in the right players maybe or just keeping some of the wrong ones. Maybe with Leon back in the side plus buying another technically gifted quick midfielder and using our two wingers will enable us to salvage something but I too was mystified by Garry's comments. Doesn't breed confidence although I'm hoping it is all a ruse to trick Man U into a false sense of security with their scouts in attendance last weekend and we'll revert back to our usual formation for the Old Trafford trip and get an unlikely point or three...we can but dream.
Like post
Like this post
12 August 2014 08:35 Post ID: #126922 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
FC Flamengo,Brazil
I don't think Man U will be too worried about facing us after watching us play on Saturday. All we can hope for is that we play well and keep the score down. I can't see FF playing even if we sign him as he's another that's not match fit after the World Cup and late back for pre-season.
Our main concerns are central defence and defensive midfield,but it looks as if we'll have to go with what we've got for now,until reinforcements arrive. Amat should get the centre back spot and Shelvey/Ki will be in midfield same as last Saturday. Not fussed on Bartley at all,he was poor again on Saturday,I don't think he was worth a new contract. Mind you Ash wasn't very good either,so a lot of work to do in training to sort things out in defence.
Like post
Like this post
12 August 2014 16:55 Post ID: #126928 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Gillingham

At least we may have our two wingers back by the weekend to cover our full backs, I'd play both Nathan and Wayne and keep Montero as a second half sub. Without a recognised defensive midfielder we're stuck with Ki and Shelvey but I hear we are in the market for three new recruits one of which would be ideal in that holding role.
Like post
Like this post
13 August 2014 08:35 Post ID: #126935 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Hearts of Oak FC,Ghana

Looks as if there's a hitch with the FF transfer. I wonder if Napoli are being over cautious because of our dealings with Utrecht. Anyway,he wouldn't have played on Saturday,he's just returned to training.
A monumental task awaits us this weekend,with United unbeaten in pre-season -
W 7-0 v LA Galaxy
W 3-2 AS Roma
D 0-0 Inter Milan
W 3-1 Real Madrid
W 3-1 Liverpool
W 2-1 Valencia
Like post
Like this post
13 August 2014 10:15 Post ID: #126939 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Inter Milan

Man U will be full of confidence unlike when we met them in the cup at Old Trafford last season, they haven't added many to their squad yet they seem to be playing like a different team under Van Gaal. That is why a manager is so important and I just hope that ours can instill enough belief and confidence for us to succeed in the weeks and months ahead.

I'm not happy with the way we have been dealing with Ultrecht and the underhanded way we are trying to wriggle out of paying any monies due. No doubt a deal was struck with Spurs to make it appear that Vorm was being given to them in part exchange for next to nothing but it is not an honourable thing to do and will come back to bite us if we are not careful.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 13/8/2014 10:16
Like post
Like this post
14 August 2014 09:25 Post ID: #126945 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Jaen FC, Spain

The FF transfef drags on,with conflicting reports on the progress. One paper says that there's disagreement with the instalments,another says he's flying in for a medical,and his twitter page says he's on a yacht in Capri. So I guess we'll have to wait until it's on the OS with him holding up the shirt.
I have no confidence in our defence as it is,after Villarreal tore us apart last Saturday,and fear the worst at United. We've got to get a solid defensive midfielder in ASAP,to cover our centre backs,whilst the return of Dyer and Routledge will help to cover the full backs. Our defence was cruelly exposed for these reasons. Neither Ki,nor Shelvey,are defensive midfielders,so this position was our top priority,but there is still no move to bring someone in,only speculation.
Like post
Like this post
14 August 2014 13:35 Post ID: #126949 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Kilmarnock

Reckon most Swans fans will write off our opening game at Old Trafford but Man U have several missing through injury though they do still have a potent attacking threat which might expose our weak defence. Latest news is good regarding FF joining from Napoli but nothing concrete yet, we haven't got that much time to buy him and the other two that that have been mentioned.

One thing that is sure is that there is something exciting going on at our stadium, saw latest pictures on the Liberty web cam and the old scoreboard at the North stand end has been removed in readiness for a brand new giant screen tv. Just hope we won't have fans waving like mad during the games as they do at the Mill Stad.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 14/8/2014 13:36
Like post
Like this post
15 August 2014 09:32 Post ID: #126959 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
(FS)La Masana ,Andorra

Saw the photo with the crane on the pitch,the screens will be ready for the Burnley game,according to Huw Cooze.
Looks as if the FF signing will be next week,the team departs for Manchester from Cardiff this afternoon on British Midland at 3pm
Like post
Like this post
17 August 2014 09:29 Post ID: #126968 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Mainz FC,Germany

Worth printing United's previous results again -
W 7-0 v LA Galaxy
W 3-2 AS Roma
D 0-0 Inter Milan
W 3-1 Real Madrid
W 3-1 Liverpool
W 2-1 Valencia
L 1-2 Swansea
All the above teams couldn't do it except us,and on their patch too,what a performance,what a team,how can we ever better that result. First time since 1972 that United had lost their opening league match,first time we've ever beaten them in a league game, and we sit proudly top of the table in this league of 92 clubs,for the first time since 1982.
How did we perform so differently from last week,well it was amazing the difference,29 passes for the first goal,that must be a PL record,we even had Shearer praising us on MOTD.
As well as great credit to the players,massive thanks to GM,who,after taking huge criticism this week from fans and media alike after the demoralising Villarreal defeat,he managed to turn it around so quickly and so well.
Never mind the huge traffic jams on the M6,never mind the £4 for a small plastic bottle of Thai beer,never mind the tiny seats that you could hardly sit on,and never mind the arrogant stewards and fans,this was one of the most gigantic wins in the history of SCFC,and I'm proud to say I was there to witness it!
Like post
Like this post
17 August 2014 15:51 Post ID: #126974 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Newcastle United

Certainly was a day to remember, at one time thought we might miss start of match being stuck on M6 for so long after what looked like a nasty accident had closed the motorway but thankfully our bus made it with minutes to spare. Was amazed how late most Man u fans arrived at ground, they seemed happy to saunter in at the kick off probably expecting a fairly straight forward victory. Paul Scholes in his pre match assessment certainly gave the Swans no chance though some his fellow pundits on Man u tv or should I say the BT sports channel were a little more wary of our line up. Even so none predicted we would get a result though to be fair neither did most of our own fans including me.

The Villarreal game was such disappointment but in a way it did us a big favour as our manager tweaked his side to fit the occasion & sharpen focus. Man u were not a patch on the Spanish side due to their lack of technical players, only Rooney looked a threat on times but our team worked as a unit to snuff him & others out while players like Ki and Siggy were able to push forward on the break & of course score the two excellent goals.
Like post
Like this post
17 August 2014 15:51 Post ID: #126975 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Newcastle United

Certainly was a day to remember, at one time thought we might miss start of match being stuck on M6 for so long after what looked like a nasty accident had closed the motorway but thankfully our bus made it with minutes to spare. Was amazed how late most Man u fans arrived at ground, they seemed happy to saunter in at the kick off probably expecting a fairly straight forward victory. Paul Scholes in his pre match assessment certainly gave the Swans no chance though some his fellow pundits on Man u tv or should I say the BT sports channel were a little more wary of our line up. Even so none predicted we would get a result though to be fair neither did most of our own fans including me.

The Villarreal game was such disappointment but in a way it did us a big favour as our manager tweaked his side to fit the occasion & sharpen focus. Man u were not a patch on the Spanish side due to their lack of technical players, only Rooney looked a threat on times but our team worked as a unit to snuff him & others out while players like Ki and Siggy were able to push forward on the break & of course score the two excellent goals.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (30): « First ... 24 25 26
28 29 30 Last »
Jump to forum: