Swansea City Forum - Football Clubs Worldwide
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: "For a normal person it would mean to eat at least two pounds of fresh lemons in order to get the Jose Mourinho's regular expression." a Czech commentator
- (Added by: KevinE)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Vote for your man of the match vs Burnley
Suggested By:
Fabianski42%
Naughton0%
Fernandez0%
Mawson0%
Olsson0%
Fer0%
Clucas0%
Sanches21%
Ayew0%
Abraham0%
Dyer25%
Bony12%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W15
2.Dennis Downing7
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.jonno11
6.GThomas1
7.david1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (30): « First ... 23 24 25
27 28 29 Last »
Football Clubs Worldwide
24 July 2014 23:21 Post ID: #126808 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Ipswich Town

From what I gather the board are likely to fight tooth and nail to hang on to Bony, having lost Michu and Ben we are not prepared to sell our best striker and risk losing our prem status. Have a feeling Wilf will be here at least until the next transfer window and today we have added the speedy winger Montero to the ranks which hopefully will aid our attack. No surprise that Pozuelo has left us permanently and I wouldn't be surprised if Canas follows suit shortly, reckon we are still in the running for another midfielder even with Ki back in the ranks whilst I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a right back is on our shopping list.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
25 July 2014 10:12 Post ID: #126812 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Juvisy FC,France

Shame they didn't fight as hard to keep the other departees that we wanted to keep. Bony has been rumoured by the media to say he is desperate to join Liverpool,so we are on tenterhooks until the window closes. For the meantime Ki and Bony are back and in training,so we'll see what develops.
Saw the clips of Montero in action and he looks a handful,should be a great addition. Pity we missed out on that quality defensive midfielder Besic,who's gone to Everton,would like to have got one back on Martinez for all the staff he took from here when he left. French winger Payet is stalling after our bid was accepted by Marselle,yes or no and move on I say.
Pozuelo gone,Canas to follow,phew,hard to keep track of the ins and outs,have we ever had a busier transfer window.
Chelsea tickets are on sale,which are the best seats,upper or lower?
Like post
Like this post
25 July 2014 18:21 Post ID: #126817 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Kidderminster Harriers

Definitely upper tier at Stamford Bridge if you want to see without having to stand for 90 mins, we're usually put in the corner but not a bad view from the Shed upper.

I'm not sure what has been said by Bony or maybe his agent but do feel slightly better now he is back in the fold and knows that he is very much wanted by the club and fans. Of course we still have several weeks til the transfer window closes so can't relax until then, meanwhile both our ex managers show no letting up in trying to derail Swans plans for the season. The pair of them are snakes in the grass in their attempts to get ahead whilst trying to trample over a club that gave them a chance in management.
Like post
Like this post
26 July 2014 10:30 Post ID: #126821 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
LC Five Martina,Italy

Upper Tier it is then.
Ben was very much back in the fold but Spurs snapped their fingers and he'd gone in a flash. Whatever the calculations in that swap deal,details of which are undisclosed,I feel we we came out the losers. Southampton's left back Luke Shaw gone for 27 mill and now their right back Calum Chambers to Arsenal for 16 mill
Couldn't agree more on your last comment. Latest steal, Besic, will probably play a bit part in the Everton side this season.
Like post
Like this post
26 July 2014 15:29 Post ID: #126825 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Minnesota United

Have a feeling that the Ben/Gylfi swap might have included Spurs paying some of our Icelandic man's wages over the next season or so which would bump up what they are paying us. With undisclosed fees you never know and probably we never will do unless someone lets it be known unwittingly but it seems that deals are done more or more in secret these days.

Shame about Besic as he looked a really good midfielder, wonder if there is a similar player that we have our eye on or if we are waiting on JDG and Ki to decide if they are coming/staying. Would be delighted if we could find a strong Bodde type to dominate midfield as we don't seem to have that sort of player with us at the moment.

Like post
Like this post
27 July 2014 09:46 Post ID: #126829 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Naissus,Serbia
You get the feeling when transfer fees are undisclosed that they have something to hide,so it could be as you say,Spurs paying part of Siggy's wages.
If only we could keep our targets quiet,but the agents are to blame touting players to everybody and trying to play one club against the other. Besic would have been great for us,but will now be lost as a squad player at Everton.
The Dimitri Payet comments were uncalled for,rejecting a move here and saying our club wasn't big enough for him. He certainly has an inflated ego (Ince style).and was already renowned as a troublemaker from his previous clubs,so why we were interested in him I don't know.
Like post
Like this post
31 July 2014 19:29 Post ID: #126838 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Oviedo

Seems we are still in the hunt for at least a couple more new players, we have a month til the window shuts but I'm sure Garry will want to complete our squad as early as possible whilst hoping not to lose any more of our best. No news on Canas moving on and I haven't seen him in any of the training videos so guess he must be out of the picture completely. Glad we didn't go for Payet or Ravel Morrison, not the sort we want at our club after comments from one and actions from the other.
Like post
Like this post
02 August 2014 08:59 Post ID: #126842 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Panionios FC,Greece
Looks as if a right back is the priority. Rangel was exposed last night for two of the three Bournemouth goals,and a match where the under 21's looked far from impressive. Has GM's ideas of double training backfired with six injured players so far and us having to field mostly youngsters last night.
With Canas still on the payroll and earning big bucks for hanging around,I wonder why we are not utilising him during this injury crisis,it must have been something pretty bad that he said or did.
Like post
Like this post
04 August 2014 12:54 Post ID: #126847 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
QPR

Expect a decision was made at the end of last season to remove the troublemakers from the club, don't think Pablo was one of them but most of the Spaniards brought in during the Laudrup reign look to be on their way out. Even talk of Chico going which I'd be disappointed about, we know he has his faults but he is a very good player on his day and we'd definitely miss his experience if he were to leave.

Was at both friendlies and was particularly disappointed by the reserves that played on Friday night, I know we were told beforehand that a young side were to be playing but this was well after the match tickets and bus trip had been on sale and mostly bought in advance so there were several disgruntled fans who felt the club had disrespected their efforts to attend. I don't think I would have bothered had I known, it was £15 to get in for adults plus the £18 bus fare so it wasn't a cheap away day anyway and there were several there who had paid for overnight accomodation. The youngsters were not up to the task against a half decent championship side, also felt sorry for the Bournemouth fans who had turned up to see some of our prem stars only to realise that most of them were young kids who most of our fans had not seen before. It was a five and a half hour journey down to the South Coast but thankfully only four hours back, still had to get up early the next morning to trek back down the M4 but on Saturday thankfully it was worth it.

Good to see us put out what is likely to be our first team in a couple of weeks time, obviously there were going to be some mistakes and can see that Bartley will need to work on his contribution out of defence same as our new keeper who looked decidely uncomfortable at times with the ball at his feet. He was great at crosses though which is something we have not seen since the days of Roger Freestone. Reading didn't look a good side and rarely troubled our defence apart from the cracking goal they scored from distance, even I clapped it but only because it was a friendly....
Like post
Like this post
05 August 2014 10:07 Post ID: #126851 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Rakosmenti FC,Hungary
From the release of the friendly dates,I couldn't figure out why they would play two friendlies within 19 hours and 75 miles distance between those two clubs. Together with several first teamers injured it was odds on we'd field a weakened team in one of the matches,but playing seven under 21's against Bournemouth was taking the mickey of both sets of fans.It should have been billed as a Swansea X1,as both the Press and their manager pretended it was our first team in their after match reports and comments glorifying the win.
Great though to see our first choice players finally clicking together as a team next day against Reading.
Like post
Like this post
05 August 2014 22:13 Post ID: #126856 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Swindon Town

Seems rumours of Chico departing are growing & from my point of view if he does go we will need another experienced defender in his place asap. Whether we have someone lined up is anyones guess but whoever it is will have to adapt very quickly to his new surroundings, our style of play & his new team mates.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 5/8/2014 22:15
Like post
Like this post
06 August 2014 08:27 Post ID: #126860 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
double post

Edited by keith margam 6/8/2014 08:29
Like post
Like this post
06 August 2014 08:27 Post ID: #126861 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Taastrup,Denmark
IMO a huge loss if he goes.He's been partnering Ash for two seasons now and is the better player out of Bartley and Amat. I said before that too much change is no good and here we go,almost a full team has gone,with less than 2 weeks to the start of the season. Why are the club not holding these players to contract instead of letting them go at will?

Edited by keith margam 6/8/2014 08:33
Like post
Like this post
06 August 2014 18:09 Post ID: #126865 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Utrecht

Time will tell if the decision to allow the Spanish exodus was correct, no doubt there was a split in the camp but I'm with you on Chico and will be sad to see him go. There is talk of the Dutch Celtic centre back coming for around £8 mill along with right back Adam Matthews who is actually from Swansea but was allowed to leave as a youngster and went on to join our neighbours. However much could depend on how Celtic do tonight in the Champions league, they are 4-1 down from their first leg so expect most Swans fans will be hoping the Polish side can hold onto their lead so that a deal can be done.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 6/8/2014 18:11
Like post
Like this post
07 August 2014 10:11 Post ID: #126870 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Vitesse Arnhem
There's a general consensus that both Celtic players are not good enough,besides that,HJ latest is that we're not after Matthews/Cameron/Naughton/Azeez or van Dijk,so all rumours dismissed in one breath.He said "We are just looking to get one or two things done". Strange statement after losing a huge chunk of our playing staff. Where's the replacement goalkeeper,left back centre back,defensive midfielder,winger,to replace departed players?
Surely we can't go with Tremmel/Tiendalli/Amat/Bartley as cover in defence,crazy if so.
Like post
Like this post
07 August 2014 13:51 Post ID: #126874 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Wigan Athletic

Just reading on the SCFC2 guestbook that we have apparently signed an exciting player yet to be revealed....just hope whoever it is is good enough to work alongside Ash and the other defenders. We are definitely short of at least a couple at the back and another midfielder and expect Monk feels the same, lets hope deals can be done in the next few weeks so that we can feel a little bit more confident with our final 25.
Like post
Like this post
08 August 2014 09:20 Post ID: #126882 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Xelaju MC,Guatemala
I read that as well,the poster seems to have good connections at the club,but he did amend the post later to say that the player is on the point of signing,but not signed yet. I hope it's the Argentinian Federico Fernandez,who looked good in the World Cup before being injured. Did ML have an ulterior motive in leaving it so late to move for Chico,knowing it would disrupt our team on the cusp of the Man U game,or am I just being paranoid!
Like post
Like this post
Pages (30): « First ... 23 24 25
27 28 29 Last »
Jump to forum: