Swansea City Forum - Football Clubs Worldwide
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: Ron Atkinson: "Well, Clive, it's all about the two M's. Movement and positioning"
- (Added by: KevinE)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Vote for your man of the match vs Burnley
Suggested By:
Fabianski42%
Naughton0%
Fernandez0%
Mawson0%
Olsson0%
Fer0%
Clucas0%
Sanches21%
Ayew0%
Abraham0%
Dyer25%
Bony12%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W15
2.Dennis Downing7
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.jonno11
6.GThomas1
7.david1
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (30): « First ... 21 22 23
25 26 27 ... Last »
Football Clubs Worldwide
02 July 2014 08:40 Post ID: #126607 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
ZFK Konzuli,Macedonia
Now the Press are saying a 50 mill deal is in the offing,with Bony,Davies,and Vorm,the targets!
We do not have to sell,they are all under long contracts,so I wish HJ would be bold for once,and announce to all these predator clubs that our players are not for sale,full stop. It is always a stressful time for us fans,these transfer windows,and we naively seem to invite offers for our players by our reluctance to tell these big club bullies to go and take a running jump.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
02 July 2014 14:27 Post ID: #126613 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Aberdeen

From photos online both Ben & Ash reported for first day training this morning though that means little with plenty of time for deals to be struck. Rumours of an exciting new face for Swans on planet swans may offer us a little comfort in this period of concern.
Like post
Like this post
03 July 2014 11:51 Post ID: #126618 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Baio Futsal Morlanwelz,Belgium
This is interesting -
"Mauricio Pochettino is ready to make an improved bid of £10 million for Swansea City defender Ben Davies.
Pochettino, the new Tottenham Hotspur head coach, has stepped up his attempt to sign the Wales international and is keen to complete a deal before the weekend.Swansea had agreed an £8 million offer last week but Huw Jenkins, the chairman, infuriated Spurs by deciding to increase the asking price.The boardroom conflict could threaten to damage Swansea’s hopes of resigning midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson, who will be available this summer for around £6 million.But Pochettino is pressing for a swift resolution and wants to make Davies, 21, his first signing since taking charge at White Hart Lane."
First we've heard of this one,10 mill not enough anyway,and HJ would have been mad to accept 8 mill for one of our brightest young stars,double it first before even considering.
Like post
Like this post
03 July 2014 16:24 Post ID: #126623 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Clydebank

I reckon the wrangling between us & Spurs could go on for sometime with both chairmen known to play hardball but I can ultimately see a deal struck which will mean we will lose another one of our best young prospects having sold Joe last summer. I know it is not surprising but does leave us Swans fans feeling second best at times. How bad must Saints fans must be feeling right now having lost three of their stars this summer but that's what happens in football with the big clubs creaming off the best players. Saying that the once mighty Leeds United are asking their players to wash their own kits & bring their own food in at training as they are so short of money so those of us in the premier league are on a different planet in comparison.
Like post
Like this post
04 July 2014 09:22 Post ID: #126635 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
(FC)Dinamo Minsk,Belarus
Southampton must be feeling pretty bad about it with 55 mill in the bank! Three players and the manager gone is tough to take though. They got huge fees,some say way overpriced,for their players,so much that it was impossible to turn down.We do not need the money.and anyway 10 mill is not a fair reflection of Ben's value in the current market,and the skinflint chairman at Spurs will get away with it again,by bullying the smaller club into submission.
Like post
Like this post
04 July 2014 19:20 Post ID: #126643 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Exeter City

Either Ben or Neil will leave as we know both feel they need to be playing regular first team football. Moralee acting for Taylor is pushing up the ante with his inference that his client is the better player. Personally I would say Ben has far more potential & will continue to improve, he's a bright lad & does have an affinity with the club being a local boy so I'd rather he'd stay but I think he'll go to Spurs once Levy raises his bid to a more realistic figure.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 4/7/2014 19:24
Like post
Like this post
05 July 2014 08:56 Post ID: #126647 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Faetano FC,San Marino
Agents are always a thorn in the side of football clubs,and Jamie Moralee is no different,they make lucrative careers out of managing players affairs. He's got five Swans players on his books Ashley Williams,Neil Taylor,Ashley Richards,Daniel Alfei,and Kyle Copp,plus well known players Rio Ferdinand,Jonathan Williams,Danny Gabbidon,and Andy King,amongst others.
Unfortunately either Taylor or Davies will go,and we will be weaker because of it. GM has planned for it though,by signing 19 year old left back Stephen Kingsley from Falkirk.
Like post
Like this post
05 July 2014 10:28 Post ID: #126652 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Genoa

Have to say I am impressed with our managers planning, much thought has gone into his transfers so far & he continues to follow in the footsteps of some of our previous managers by handpicking certain types of players that fit into our style of play.

Will be interesting to see how the three young Scots progress, Fulton has already shown great promise making his premier league debut in the latter stages of last season & hopefully now that the youth set up has had a shake up we will start to see some more local talent come through to save us a fortune in transfer fees.
Like post
Like this post
06 July 2014 09:48 Post ID: #126656 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Hamm Benfica FC, Luxembourg

Enjoyable match last night as Costa Rica took Holland to penalties.Third choice Krul surprisingly came on as goalkeeper sub in the last minute of extra time for the penalty shoot out,to replace Cillessen,with renowned penalty killer Vorm ignored. All the more surprising since Krul had only saved 2 from the last 20 penalties at Newcastle. Van Gaal said he picked Krul for his extra heighth and reach,and it worked a treat as he saved 2 penalties to win the match.
Holland are well endowed with goalkeepers -
Maarten Stekelenburg,aged 31,caps 54, club Fulham,preliminary WC squad,played v France, 5 March 2014
Kenneth Vermeer,aged 28,caps 4,club Ajax,preliminary WC squad,played v Ecuador, 17 May 2014
Jeroen Zoet,aged 23,caps 0,club PSV,preliminary WC squad,didn't play at all

Jasper Cillessen,aged 25,caps 13,club Ajax,WC squad number 1
Michel Vorm ,aged 30,caps 14,club Swansea City,WC squad number 22
Tim Krul,age 26,caps 6,club Newcastle United,WC Squad number 23

and not forgetting unused sub -
Jonathan De Guzman,aged 26,caps 12,club Swansea City,WC squad number 8

Vorm's injury and subsequent loss of form has cost him dearly,losing the number 1 jersey to Cillessen after playing all the qualifying matches up to the injury.
Like post
Like this post
07 July 2014 10:07 Post ID: #126663 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Iberia Star,Tbilsi,Georgia

Novak Djokovic won the Wimbledon men's singles final then, in a nail-biting five-set match against Roger Federer.Coach Boris Becker looked very happy afterwards,and a nice touch by Djokovic throwing over fifty autographed balls to the fans outside afterwards,who couldn't get in to see the match.
A 4 mill fee has been agreed for 24 year old Ecuadorian winger Jefferson Montero as he moves ever closer to signing for us from Mexican PL Club Mornacas,according to the media. He used to play for Villarreal,so another reunion on the cards in our friendly soon. We certainly need a pacey winger that can feed Bony with some decent crosses.

Edited by keith margam 7/7/2014 10:14
Like post
Like this post
07 July 2014 17:47 Post ID: #126668 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Juventus

I really enjoyed the men's single final, a much better contest than the ladies and you to have to hand to it the two players for making it such an exciting occasion. That fourth set looked a forgone conclusion at 5-2 but fair play to Federer for fighting back and taking it to a fifth set. There was some scintillating play from both of them and it was certainly a match that will go down as one of the best in recent years. The other final I enjoyed was the mens doubles where the unseeded pair (whoever they were) won a thrilling five setter against the favourite twin brothers.

Don't know much about this Ecuadorian we are supposed to be signing, someone mentioned he has already played against us at the Liberty in a friendly but I don't remember him. Let's hope if he does come that he turns out to be more of a player like Bony and less like Vasquez.
Like post
Like this post
08 July 2014 10:12 Post ID: #126672 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
(FC) Kairat, Kazakhstan

Apparently it was a last minute link up before entry deadline,which resulted in Canadian Vasek Pospisil and American Jack Sock winning the Wimbledon Men’s Doubles title.

I can understand the move for another winger now that Pablo is rumoured to have refused to sign an extension to the 12 months left on his old contract,and was subsequently not invited to travel to USA.How true this is,who knows.Only Chico and Amat are left then,of the Spanish Armada.I wonder how long it will be before they want to move on as well. Too much change over of personnel is not good though,that's the worrying thing,an example are QPR,who changed most of their team and flopped massively.
Like post
Like this post
08 July 2014 16:18 Post ID: #126676 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Limerick

I have my concerns as well but it has to be said that there was a definite Spanish divide amongst the squad last season with only Angel trying to keep a foot in each camp. I think Amat is happy enough to stay and mix in with the others as is Chico so if we can bring in good quality replacements for the four that are on their way then all well and good. Only Pablo played regularly last season whilst the others were on the fringe of the side towards the end with Michu not firing on all cylinders due to injury and possibly because of being unhappy at Laudrup's departure.
Like post
Like this post
09 July 2014 10:30 Post ID: #126682 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
(FC) Mal Ajax,Macedonia
Looking at the training photos of the tour,the three Spanish players,Chico,Amat,and Angel,are all lying in a row working out together. Nothing wrong with that really,I suppose,but it does show different nationalities do tend to stick together. We also have a Spanish Assistant Manager as well,which you'd think would be an attraction for Spanish players,but maybe it's just that they can't settle in Swansea.
Media reports say we are close to securing the signature of defensive midfielder/centre back Muhamed Besic for £4 mill,and that he's been offered a 3 year contract. Only 21 years old,the Bosnian world cup star is presently playing for Ferencvaros. Is this the first Muslim player we've had?
What a match last night,with Germany putting 7 goals past Brazil,who looked a shambles in defence,how on earth did they reach the semi finals. I know their two best players were out,but to capitulate as they did was shocking.
Like post
Like this post
09 July 2014 15:40 Post ID: #126687 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Newport FC

It was quite an amazing scoreline and I think everyone was a little stunned at the final whistle not least the Brazilian players who looked crestfallen. Think they have been skating on thin ice during this tournament particularly in defence and it only took a half decent finishing side like Germany to show up their frailties. Felt that by displaying the No.10 Neymar shirt in the line up before kick off the team were already admitting their talisman would be badly missed but it was their captain that they missed the most at the heart of their defence, from watching Luiz playing for Chelsea we all knew that he wasn't a true centre half and to leave him in charge at the back was pure folly. Was unaware that the Blues had sold him to PSV recently, wonder what his new club and fans think of him now for the price they were willing to pay.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 9/7/2014 15:42
Like post
Like this post
10 July 2014 11:24 Post ID: #126691 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Odd Grenland FC, Norway
Poor discipline in defence cost them dearly and their midfield was non-existent. Luiz wandered all over the place and was caught out of position many times.
Last nights game went to penalties again after extra time. This time Krul was not brought on and Cillessen couldn't save one,whilst the penalty king Vorm was the outcast of the three and never had a look in. So Holland go home after not losing a match right through the qualifying rounds or in the World Cup proper until now,and it took a penalty shoot out to beat them.
It seems as if Buck is ready to step in for Davies,and possibly Bony,after Suarez to Barcelona deal for 75 mill is reported almost done.
Like post
Like this post
10 July 2014 16:57 Post ID: #126696 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Portsmouth

It irks me that Rodgers has to keep coming back trying to prise away our best assets, would prefer Ben to go to Spurs if he has to leave but with Liverpool soon to become cash rich it wouldn't surprise me if our full back landed up at Anfield with Joe.

As for Bony I will be really concerned if we lose him for next season even for a hefty wedge, we would then be left with just one decent striker (or so we hope) in Gomis, with Pablo reportedly moving on too am beginning to see the danger signs ahead unless we can replace them quickly with some more quality upfront.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 10/7/2014 16:58
Like post
Like this post
Pages (30): « First ... 21 22 23
25 26 27 ... Last »
Jump to forum: