Swansea City Forum - Football Clubs Worldwide
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: "The more teams feel the pressure, the more likely they are to slip up" Cardiff's Michael Chopra before they missed out on the play-offs
- (Added by: KevinE)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Vote for your man of the match vs Burnley
Suggested By:
Fabianski48%
Naughton0%
Fernandez0%
Mawson0%
Olsson0%
Fer0%
Clucas0%
Sanches28%
Ayew0%
Abraham0%
Dyer8%
Bony16%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W15
2.Dennis Downing7
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.jonno11
6.GThomas1
7.david1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (30): « First ... 19 20 21
23 24 25 ... Last »
Football Clubs Worldwide
13 June 2014 16:04 Post ID: #126443 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Portsmouth

I watched the game last night and it was very entertaining with Brazil doing most of the attacking though they were lucky with some crucial decisions which ultimately decided the outcome of the tie. Once again we saw an incompetent referee and his linemen making some baffling decisions, it is no wonder that FIFA are finally bowing to pressure to introduce some video replays. After the Lampard no goal in the last world cup goal line technology was introduced so won't be long until there are two appeals allowed during the game for each team over contensious decisions such as penalties. If this is introduced into the premier league then the Swans will need a giant screen at the Liberty although fans of rugby currently have to wait for the referees signal.

Great to have so much sport to keep us entertained during the summer with World cup, test cricket, golf and tennis all taking place in the coming few weeks. The football fixtures actually come out next Wednesday so it won't be that long before we start looking forward to the return of the premier league and our home and away trips.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
14 June 2014 10:19 Post ID: #126447 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Queen of the South
I liked the white spray on line for the free kicks,great idea for the cheating teams who move forward once the ref's back is turned.
I had to laugh at the comments of Williams' agent. Talking about a new contract he said Williams had a wife and two kids to support? 40k a week,over 2 million pounds a year salary,makes him a multi millionaire over the last three seasons,and he needs more to support his family?
The agent also mentioned that if the contract had been sorted in January they wouldn't have been going through all this. So why wasn't it sorted in January,only HJ knows the answer,but he had said previously that they would never again let one of our players get to the last year of contract and hold the club to ransom,so what happened?
Like post
Like this post
15 June 2014 20:11 Post ID: #126453 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Real Madrid

Yes I like the idea of prem refs using white spray for teams like Everton who employ a "walking line" when facing free kicks. Some of the refereeing decisions in this World Cup have already left a lot to be desired, will be interesting to see how Howard Webb and his linemen get on when it's their turn.

Ash's agent is getting on my nerves right now, the guy is sounding a bit desperate demanding a new pay offer for "his" player, what right has he to say this. Does he own the right to make all the decisions for his client or is it up to the player and his club to come to an agreement with the agent there to just help and advise... seems they demand complete control of the players affairs these days.
Like post
Like this post
16 June 2014 09:17 Post ID: #126458 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
(CE) Sacalma Blues,Andorra
With the dearth of any football news,besides the world cup,reporters are certainly scraping the barrel. It was hilarious to see on News Now,the Daily Star 15/6/14,with the headlines"Swansea appoint Garry Monk as full time manager".What planet has their reporter been on?
I'm all for keeping Ash until the end of his contract,rather than us being held to ransom,busting the bank and our wage cap policy by giving a 30 year old too long a contract. We are not a benevolent society,and the clubs well being comes before that of any player,no matter how good he is.He is already the top earner,why be so greedy.
Like post
Like this post
16 June 2014 15:30 Post ID: #126462 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Tranmere Rovers

Am glad the World Cup is living up to it's reputation as being a great spectacle, I particularly like the early rounds when all the countries are involved and their fans really enjoy being part of the occasion. We've had some very good games so far with the onus on attacking football, finding it hard to keep awake for some of the late matches and unfortunately missed Messi's goal for Argentina last night as I had nodded off infront of the screen. Three more games tonight with the first being the most highly anticipated, Portugal against the Germans, both of whom are good teams and should progress to the next phase.
Like post
Like this post
17 June 2014 09:52 Post ID: #126469 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
UFC Munster,Germany
Some news on the transfer front,according to one northern paper. Marvellous Marvin will sign for us before the end of the week after a fee was agreed,just over 1 mill. Boro fans are warning us over signing him,they also warned us about Lita! Hopefully Marvin will continue to show us how good he is,slotting in behind Bony,or sometimes out on the wing.
Beautiful day today,time for some gardening!
Like post
Like this post
17 June 2014 16:56 Post ID: #126475 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Valetta

Marvin was never happy at Boro as his style is more suited to ourselves, however I do feel he can be a bit in and out so if he does come back needs to put 100% effort in every game.

You can't beat Swansea when the weather is good, went to Bracelet Bay and then onto Mumbles Pier this morning where the new lifeboat station is open to the public, the view was stunningly beautiful as the sea was calm and azure blue, no better place to be.
Like post
Like this post
18 June 2014 11:10 Post ID: #126480 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Waasland Beveren,Belgium
Rain forecast today so back to normal!
So Man Utd away it is then,first fixture of the season. A good test of the the new ticketing system to start off our away adventures.Only three matches in Aug and three in Sept,but there are six matches in Dec!
Looks as if Monk's hope of getting in new players early is not working too well,probably due to players on holiday,and the world cup,most clubs are in the same boat though. A lot of players will also be hanging back for the best offer.
Like post
Like this post
18 June 2014 15:19 Post ID: #126484 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
X....Yeovil Town

We do have a few Carling cup games penciled in for September and October if we progress but far less fixtures than we had to cope with last season with the Europa league, wondering how Hull will manage with a similar problem for them coming up.

The fixtures don't look too bad although I'd be concerned if we were struggling by May as our run in will not be easy, we start off again against Man U and constantly seem be playing them in important games for their new manager or in the case of Fergie his last ever home fixture. With regard to the away tickets can't see how we can print them out for ourselves online as they will have be sent down from the home club so will have to be manually posted to us as before I would have thought. They will still be selling block by block apparently (worst block first) so anyone buying Man U tckts should wait at least a day before applying although many might not want to risk missing out by not applying straight away.
Like post
Like this post
19 June 2014 09:08 Post ID: #126489 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
(WKS) Zawisza,Poland
Hull will be at a big disadvantage,it nearly relegated us being in the Europa League with such a small squad,and playing Thursdays and Sundays every week.
Without the Europa games to worry about,perhaps we can get a good run in one of the domestic cups, it would be great to get to another Wembley final.
It's annoying that the club have put the loyal away supporters in this position,where they've withdrawn the away season ticket facility to cover up the ticket office's ineptness,and we now have to wait until the worst seats are sold before applying for away tickets. Not sure how the tickets will be issued. Concert tickets and flight tickets can just be printed off the computer and come with a barcode,I can't see why the same does not apply to football tickets,but I see your point.
Like post
Like this post
19 June 2014 19:46 Post ID: #126494 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Albion Rovers

With the World Cup taking all the headlines the premier league fixtures coming out have taken a back seat this year, even the Evening Post make no mention on their back page that we play Man U away first which in a way just goes to show how far we have come as a club. These days it is the norm for us to be playing the big boys every week, I just pray that it will be the same league we will be in this time next summer. Everything hinges on us remaining in the top division including I believe our expansion of the Liberty and other developments within the club. Having read in the post that landlords have been warned not to show Swans prem games illegally or face a large fine adds to the necessity to accommodate the many fans who can't at present get into our stadium to see us play live on a match day.
Like post
Like this post
20 June 2014 10:18 Post ID: #126498 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
B36 T├│rshavn,Faroe Islands
What's going to happen to Tatey then,captaincy taken off him by Laudrup without even telling him. Only 8 games for Aberdeen,should we keep him,strange how Monk hasn't told him his future plans,will they give him a backroom role.
Final warning for Swansea pubs then,after spies were sent to various pubs to catch them showing PL matches from foreign stations.So much for being a free country.
It seems I got it wrong,as a "Swansea Way" blog are saying it's Ticketmaster and not Ticketline that are going to sell our tickets.
Being a little curious,I went on their website and searched Swansea City Football Club match tickets and got this -
Home >Sports Tickets > Football > Swansea City

We currently do not have any tickets on-sale for Swansea City.

Click "Add to Favourites" to be emailed before tickets go on sale.

Add to favourites and never miss an on sale for "Swansea City"

E-Mail Your Postcode Submit

You are in the loop for Swansea City! We'll email you before tickets go on sale in your area.
Like post
Like this post
20 June 2014 16:32 Post ID: #126502 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Charlton Athletic

Will check that one out but time will tell if ticketmaster will be any better than our own ticket office.

Tomorrow we will finally see the new Swans home and away kits probably we are one of the last in the prem to finally get them on sale, why or why do we leave it so late and miss an opportunity to sell early at full price. Look at the number of last seasons shirts that they had left over in May having to sell them off for peanuts because they couldn't get the orders out this time last year when everyone wanted them...please get someone in who is professional enough to organise the commercial department properly. At present we are being made to look like amateurs with our atrocious marketing strategy that is costing us so much in sales at the club shops and online.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 21/6/2014 11:02
Like post
Like this post
21 June 2014 10:48 Post ID: #126507 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Dardania Sport,Albania
They were late coming out so missed a chunk of holidaymakers wanting to buy to take on holidays with them.
Then they were expecting people to buy the shirts without seeing them,what strange decisions by people in charge. I assume it's Leigh Dineen as Commercial Director.
Must say I like the away strip though,I think it will be very popular. Not much imagination with the home strip,but still nice. I don't know why they decided on the slim fit,ha ha,with so many fans with pot bellies it will be a sight to see!
Like post
Like this post
21 June 2014 11:04 Post ID: #126513 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Exeter City

Slightly underwhelmed by the home kit but the away one looks nice from what I've seen on the internet. The logo with the diamond isn't the best I've seen but I suppose is better than some loan companies used by other clubs.

Starting to miss the Saturday football days already although with Wimbledon starting on Monday and the continuation of the World Cup will have something to watch until mid July at least.
Like post
Like this post
22 June 2014 10:48 Post ID: #126517 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Faetano FC,San Marino
With the sunny weather of the past week it would have been tough to watch any TV ,but we'll probably pay for it with some rain next week for Wimbledon!
I think the team will report back for pre-seaon beginning of July,which is a week next Tuesday,as the American tour is two weeks today,July 6-20. I assume the World Cup participants will be given extra time off,the World Cup Final is on Sun July 13.
Like post
Like this post
22 June 2014 15:32 Post ID: #126522 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Gloucester City

Another lovely sunny day which is something we have started to become accustomed to, went to the Liberty car boot sale this morning and it was packed with bargain hunters and those popping into the club shop to look at the new kit. Made me think of the winter months to come when those of us who travel on Ugo's coaches will be arriving at the crack of dawn for our away trips, will be with us before we know it.

As you say Wimbledon begins tomorrow, don't have high hopes for Andy Murray this time as he has struggled with his form and has only recently appointed a new coach after parting company with Lendl. The favourite must be Rafa Nadal as he looked magnificent at the French open after a couple of seasons with knee problems which had blighted his performances.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 22/6/2014 15:36
Like post
Like this post
Pages (30): « First ... 19 20 21
23 24 25 ... Last »
Jump to forum: