Swansea City Forum - Football Clubs Worldwide
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: 'Germany are a very difficult team to play...they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas
- (Added by: sbrjack)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Vote for your man of the match vs Burnley
Suggested By:
Fabianski79%
Naughton0%
Fernandez0%
Mawson0%
Olsson0%
Fer0%
Clucas0%
Sanches21%
Ayew0%
Abraham0%
Dyer0%
Bony0%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W14
2.Dennis Downing6
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.GThomas1
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (30): « First ... 18 19 20
22 23 24 ... Last »
Football Clubs Worldwide
27 May 2014 08:43 Post ID: #126358 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Zalgiris FC,Romania
QPR have already gone down the road of buying in too many players and got relegated in the process,can't see them making the same mistake again. Nice away day in Shepherds Bush coming up though,shame about the crap ground and wild fans.
Fleetwood have made amazing progress,I was hoping Newport would get in the play offs too,but they faded badly after a great run in their debut season in L2.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
27 May 2014 17:11 Post ID: #126363 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Aston Villa

Was disappointed to see QPR triumph playing some pretty dire football, being a London club they are not criticized much by the media despite their continual overspending . Old Harry knows how to tout the press and they just love to chat with him through his car window on the last day of each transfer window, he will have plenty of wheeler dealing to do now with many of his current crop needing replacing.

Newport have done well since having to start all over again as a new club, they too have had a lottery winning sugar daddy to back the team which is the case with most of these up and coming clubs. Many of the older ones like Coventry, Preston etc are struggling to survive with little new investment, it is all the more remarkable that we have progressed without major investment infact we have bucked the trend. Just hope we can continue to be able to compete with the big boys.
Like post
Like this post
28 May 2014 09:16 Post ID: #126367 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
B1903 FC,Copenhagen
The greed of footballers wanting ever more money is astounding.They are slowly strangling clubs finances with their demands. I hope we buck the trend and stick to our wage restraints,yet we are already dishing out almost 2/3 of our income to the players. Now we have Williams contract negotiations breaking down,presumably because he wants more money than we are prepared to offer. Some of these PL players heads are in the clouds,and in Williams case he's purposely run down his contract to get more money or negotiate a cut price move. He should have been given an ultimatum of either signing a new contract at the beginning of last season or sold at his market value then. His present value is now 3mill instead of 10mill and we are the big losers,yet the club have sat back and watched Williams deploy this well used tactic.
There's also the worrying Chopra factor,where Williams has been threatened by Chopra to reveal all if he doesn't get in contact. I wonder what the connection is between the players,and what Williams has done to so anger Chopra!
Like post
Like this post
28 May 2014 16:34 Post ID: #126372 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Charlton Athletic

I blame the players agents for creating this ridiculous cycle of spiralling wages, it is in their best interest to see their clients either gain a move or get a big pay increase (or both) as it means more for them in commission. I wouldn't want to return to the days when players like Ivor Allchurch were told they were moving to Newcastle without their prior knowledge or consent but it has gone totally the other way now with players causing huge financial problems for many clubs.

As for some players using twitter to communicate and air their views it does appear to have its down side and I think our captain was very wise to close his account. Whatever has happened there shouldn't be discussed in public and if I were Garry Monk I would suggest that all of his players avoided using this form of open discussion in future.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 28/5/2014 16:36
Like post
Like this post
29 May 2014 09:48 Post ID: #126381 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Debrecen FC, Hungary
Look where Portsmouth are now,a PL club a few years ago,paying their players astronomical sums was their downfall and bankrupted them.
It always amazes me that people reveal all their private life for the world to see on Facebook and Twitter.
Championship side Bournemouth away the latest friendly to be announced,Fri Aug 1 at 7.30 pm,and a chance to see how Shaun McDonald is getting on. It's a day before Reading away at 3pm,so less than 24 hrs between matches,how do they expect away fans to manage that?
Like post
Like this post
29 May 2014 13:30 Post ID: #126385 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Exeter City

Yes these away friendly games are not going to be easy to attend, Ugo's travel club are hoping to run buses to some of them if the demand is there, details to follow apparently. Not sure which if any I can make but I do enjoy attending these games as there is no pressure and we get to see the new signings and possible formations.

Portsmouth are a prime example of a club running their financial affairs atrociously, you can guarantee that there will be clauses in all Swans players contracts so that wages are paid according to the league we are in. We are determined as a club to live within our means which can sometimes be frustrating to see particularly in our case with the lack of movement on the stadium expansion plan which I feel will benefit us massively in the long term and especially now with the crack down of our prem games being shown illegally in pubs and clubs.
Like post
Like this post
30 May 2014 08:45 Post ID: #126389 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
(SC)Faetano,San Marino
I don't suppose they'll put out the same team twice in two days for Bournemouth and Reading,and those two matches will be awkward to attend unless staying overnight somewhere. I hope we get a decent team for the home friendly,a top European team would do nicely.
Stadium expansion very frustrating,and any news is scarce,the silence is deafening on this subject. When you see Cardiff City's stadium expansion flying up it makes you wonder,yet I'll wager the Cardiff Assembly have contributed to the cost in some way.
Like post
Like this post
30 May 2014 11:57 Post ID: #126395 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Fleetwood

With Cardiff hosting the super cup final they were given funding from Europe to get their stadium big enough, have to hand it to them for their forward thinking applying to host the game & getting all the financial benefits. Not sure if Welsh Assembly were involved but you can guarantee that every effort would have been made to secure this game for Cardiff to benefit from.
Like post
Like this post
31 May 2014 10:37 Post ID: #126400 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Grenoble FC, France
Phase 1 will entail adding a second tier to the Ninian Stand increasing the capacity to approximately 33,000. 5,150 extra seats are to be provided, including extra commercial and hospitality facilities catering for around 1500. Scheduled completion date is late July 2014, ready to host the UEFA European Super Cup the following month.
12 August 2014,UEFA Super Cup Final,Real Madrid v Sevilla
Welsh Tourist Board and Welsh Government have contributed,as well as UEFA, to stadium expansion costs. Cardiff's hosting of a key fixture in Europe's footballing calendar will help the city in its bid to land Euro 2020, says the Football Association of Wales.
Looks as if they're all pushing for Cardiff,but where does this leave poor old Swansea?
Well I think we've shot ourselves in the foot by dithering on any expansion,as we cannot host any major events with a 20k stadium. Most of the Wales Internationals are held there as well.and we get fed any scraps. We are right out of the picture until we have the 33k capacity,standard size for most PL grounds.

Like post
Like this post
31 May 2014 17:09 Post ID: #126404 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Halifax Town

I don't think our council have helped with the planning application having taken so long to be approved, even now there are issues over access and transportation, it seems that no one at our club is pushing hard enough to get things moving while the council seem oblivious to the advantages of a larger capacity.

If Cardiff had a decent team and a sensible chairman they would be flying by now, I just hope that they continue to fail spectacularly on and off the field and so their large stadium will only be required for international games.
Like post
Like this post
01 June 2014 09:50 Post ID: #126408 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Iniohos FC,Greece
So,the atmosphere at the Liberty Stadium has been rated as the best in a top twenty poll of all of the Premier League team grounds. What a fantastic accolade for the Jack Army,considering there are a maximum of 18k Swans fans in our ground,compared to the 75k at Man Utd and 60k at Arsenal.
Will we be bringing in a central defender,with Williams and Chico unsettled,we can't go with just Bartley and Amat next season. Bartley is also going into the last year of his contract.
Both of our left backs have been linked with moves,Davies to Spurs,and Taylor to Southampton.
Which of our goalkeepers will move on,with the arrival of Fabianski,they've all dropped down the pecking order,Vorm,Tremmel,and Cornell,one or more will surely go.
Like post
Like this post
01 June 2014 18:51 Post ID: #126412 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Juventus

Wonder if Huw Jenkins will offer himself as a spare Swans keeper after his first half performance at the Liberty today, not bad I must say in what was a great afternoons entertainment in aid of SwansAid, a fit looking Magic Daps showed off some of his silky skills and shone amongst the many stars from the world of entertainment. With a final score of 14-12 it certainly kept the large crowd amused, the atmosphere was nothing like a normal home game with not many real fans in attendance but it was good to read that we have the best in the league which is no real surprise having been everywhere last season. Have to give praise to the Rumanian team Petrolul, their home atmosphere was the best I experienced abroad while St Gallen weren't far behind with the noise they created despite the foggy conditions.

I'm off again on my travels tomorrow, this time up up north for five days to the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales, wonder if we will have signed any more new players by the time I get back. Just hope we haven't lost any that we didn't want to sell.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 1/6/2014 18:53
Like post
Like this post
02 June 2014 09:50 Post ID: #126417 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
KAA Gent
I don't like the idea of too many players in and out this close season. The Williams mooted departure rankles most,he's our captain and so dependable,we cannot afford to lose him. With transfer speculation on a lot of our players,it's must be very disruptive for the squad. Williams to QPR,Taylor to Southampton,Davies to Spurs,Chico packed up and gone,Canas,Pozuelo have disappeared,Bony to Arsenal/Liverpool,Shelvey to Newcastle,and Lamah,Lita,Vasquez,N'Gog released,with Emnes returning to Boro.. That's a possible 12 players in total! Enjoy your holiday,while I bite my fingernails to the quick!
Like post
Like this post
06 June 2014 22:28 Post ID: #126426 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Luton Town

Well we have had no unwanted departures this week but I suppose things won't get moving until the beginning of next month or even after the world cup is finished. Looking forward to the events in Rio which should give us something to take our minds off the Swans though of course we will be backing Bony, De Guzman and Vorm should they play.

Went to visit Morecambe football ground called the Globe Arena yesterday, we couldn't go inside but chatted with a local who told us that Sainsbury's had bought their old ground giving them the cash in advance to build a new modern stadium which holds around 8,000 including standing area(s) behind the goals. Strange to think that we could have been playing them regularly had we not been on our wonderful run up the divisions, let's hope we would only now ever meet should we draw them in the cup as I'd much rather be playing Man U in the prem every season.
Like post
Like this post
12 June 2014 09:48 Post ID: #126431 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Macclesfield Town FC
All gone quiet on the transfer front,so much for getting players in early,they're all on holiday. Can't see Vorm playing second fiddle to Fab,and Tremmel third string,it will be interesting to see how it pans out.
Good news that the expansion will finally start in January,perhaps we'll get a big screen at the same time,it would be nice to watch our goals on instant replay.
As long as we can hold the present team together,with a few more additions I'll be happy. Bony will be going to the African cup in January,which will leave a big hole,so another striker is the priority for me.
Like post
Like this post
12 June 2014 16:48 Post ID: #126435 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Notts County

Nothing much will happen before July 1st but I understand that Garry has been going into his office every day since the end of the season, fair play he is learning from Martinez and Rodgers who had both done similar when they arrived.

The fixtures are out next Thursday and then the short training camp and tour to the U.S. before the friendlies in the South West and South East of England. Before all that of course the World Cup begins tonight so plenty to keep us entertained before the start of next season.

Trusting that the board will honour their word and begin the expansion in January, Cardiff have extended despite their drop down albeit with funding from Europe and the Welsh Assembly, would like think that whatever happens on the field next season that we will see cranes appear behind the East Stand at the start of next year.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 12/6/2014 16:50
Like post
Like this post
13 June 2014 11:37 Post ID: #126439 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Olympiakos FC,Greece
I can understand to some degree the hesitation by the board to expand the ground,remembering Wolves stopped theirs half way through after getting relegated,but it's not comparable really as they had a much bigger ground than us anyway.Ours is so small in capacity that it is hindering our development as a PL club,and expansion is a must to get those young fans of the future interested and able to come on board.
Saw the opening ceremony but missed the first match,but had to go to bed knackered after all the travelling the night before. Brazil were lucky with a winning penalty I hear,I'll have to watch it on catch up tv.
Keeps us football nuts interested this month anyway,with the lull in football gossip.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (30): « First ... 18 19 20
22 23 24 ... Last »
Jump to forum: