Swansea City Forum - Football Clubs Worldwide
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: Jay Boothroyd - “Put it this way, I want to be on a beach come the second week in May with the family, not playing in the play-offs,” Cardiff slip up and fail to reach play-offs!
- (Added by: KevinE)
Current Poll (see more polls)
What will the result be vs Bournemouth?
Suggested By:
Swansea City win34%
Draw16%
Bournemouth win50%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W15
2.Dennis Downing7
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.jonno11
6.GThomas1
7.david1
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (30): « First ... 17 18 19
21 22 23 ... Last »
Football Clubs Worldwide
07 May 2014 19:39 Post ID: #126240 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Ian Holloway

I have to say I certainly think our keeper has been holding back so as to make sure he is fit for his World Cup place in the Dutch squad, no way has he shown his best form since returning from his knee injury. With one more match to go I will be looking for him and the rest of our team to give our travelling fans something to cheer about at Sunderland on Sunday. They play their penultimate game tonight and a draw will see them safe but am sure that whatever happens Poyet will want to see them finishing their season on a high.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 7/5/2014 19:40
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
08 May 2014 11:35 Post ID: #126246 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Jaager (Enar),Lierse FC,Belgium
I would go with Tremmel for the final match,Vorm is definitely holding back,he was afraid to clash with Lambert on the goal line,and ironically Lambert is also going to the World Cup with England.
I would say the likes of Vorm and JDG are doing themselves more harm than good by holding back,with scouts checking their form.
So it is with great relief that Cardiff,Fulham,and Norwich fill the relegation slots,and us not,Sunderland beating WBA last night to seal Norwich's fate.It was Norwich that came up with us three seasons ago,but our biggest antagonist for them is still in the PL,and now with WBA.
We have a tough job to get anything at Sunderland on Sunday,they are on a huge high after being 5 points adrift at the beginning of April.
The EPL Form Table shows Sunderland top -
1 - Sunderland LDWWWW - 13 points from 6 games
11 - Swansea WLLWWL - 9 points from 6 games
I was reading an article about Sunderland's match tickets for Sunday -
"Supporters who purchase tickets online can use the club's free ‘print at home' service, which means they can print their own bar-coded paper ticket on their home PC. Full details can be found at www.safc.com."
Why can't we do this instead of the expense of sending out tickets by post or collecting them at the ticket office? Most airlines do the same with flight tickets,so it's a trusted practice.
Like post
Like this post
08 May 2014 14:38 Post ID: #126253 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Kettering Town

We have no barcode reading facilities yet at the Liberty, this is Swansea City council after all so if we are to upgrade turnstile entry it will be on their say so not from our football club. It does limit us so much to be beholding to the council in everything connected to the stadium, we are losing large sums of money having to share our ticket sales money when really the income should be ours alone.

Would willingly take a point on Sunday just to finish the season off on a better note than last weekend, it was so depressing leaving the Liberty after such an uninspiring performance. As you say Sunderland will be well up for this game so I want to see some fight from our boys, our away fans deserve it after the thousands of miles we've travelled in the UK and Europe to support them over the course of the season.
Like post
Like this post
09 May 2014 10:24 Post ID: #126257 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Lausanne CFC,Switzerland
Now that full planning permission has been granted a few days ago,we will shortly be pumping millions into the ground expansion,consequently the stadium ownership needs to be sorted out to our benefit.The council are controlling amongst other things,ticketing and catering,to the detriment of SCFC,as neither are up to standard.
We would like to see Landore station refurbished and open again as a priority, to allow fans to get in and out of the ground with ease,thus alleviating a lot of the problems that increased fan movement and parking would bring.
The knockers will be out in force again if we lose to Sunderland. I must say that GM's record since he took over is pretty unimpressive 4W 4D 8L in all competitions,but thankfully it was enough to avoid relegation. Let's see what he can do in the close season to improve the playing squad and that we give him a fair crack of the whip.
Sunday - I don't really want to travel all that way to watch a half hearted display like we did last week,so we can but hope that GM get's the team motivated for one last push.To get over the 40 point mark should be enough motivation for any team,together with the bonus for league position.
Like post
Like this post
09 May 2014 21:11 Post ID: #126263 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Mallorca

Was unaware that full planning has been granted by the council, if that is the case then the sooner we get started on the East Stand extension the better. Was in Cardiff on Tuesday and saw how quickly the expansion work was going on at the Cardiff City stadium, of course they have had a grant towards the work from Europe because they are hosting the Super Cup Final which does show what can be done despite their relegation. Our board must not hang back on our expansion plans any longer, it is a no brainer as we do not have enough capacity to cope with demand with every one of our premier league home games sold out for the last two years which in turn means we are losing out on extra revenue plus we are stopping fans of the future being able to attend.
Like post
Like this post
10 May 2014 09:49 Post ID: #126269 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Napredak FK,Serbia
The expansion is not going to start this season,it seems the Board were reluctant to give the go ahead whilst our PL status was in doubt. Wrong decision for me.The thing is,what happens next season if we're in the same position,it get's deferred again? We have to get new fans in asap to get a bigger core support,so if we ever go down we'll have the necessary fanbase to bounce back.
I remember the likes of Man City falling down to Division Three,yet they had division record crowds of 32k + to finance their recovery.
So,on to the final match tomorrow,in what has been a season full of ups and downs.From the high of beating Valencia away in the Europa Cup,to the low of losing at home to WBA,which dropped us right into the relegation mix.From the low of the sacking of ML to the high of GM saving us from relegation.
I hope Monk is not going to experiment too much tomorrow,with talk of youngster Fulton starting,we do not want to end the season on a low. Besides,it's a heck of a long journey to watch us put out a weakened team.
Like post
Like this post
10 May 2014 10:44 Post ID: #126274 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Oswestry Town

I would also be disappointed if we didn't play our strongest starting line up tomorrow, it would be an insult to our faithful away support who have many hours to travel by road to the North East of England. Our final position in the prem will be determined by what points are gained tomorrow and could make the difference between finishing somewhere between 12th or 16th an important scenario that won't have gone unnoticed by our manager and chairman.
Like post
Like this post
12 May 2014 09:58 Post ID: #126285 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Panthrakikos FC,Greece
Disappointment it was then as Monk made several changes,with Tremmel,Taylor,Fulton,Emnes coming in,and we all groaned when we heard the starting line up. Boy,were we in for a surprise as we raced into a two goal lead with first Dyer then Emnes scoring great goals. We played really well,Bony was unstoppable and scored the third.Emnes(we've got to buy him!) linked with Bony well and Dyer and Routledge played havoc,with Fulton looking a great prospect,and Bartley looking solid. Tremmel should have called for the ball a few times and there were some mix ups,but thankfully nothing serious
The long journey was well worth it,with GM coming over with the players at the end to applaud the Jack Army,who were in full voice throughout. We were further away from the pitch in the upper tier,but it wasn't so bad as Newcastle.
Our 12th league position looks great this morning,with a goal difference of zero,and the extra bonus payment will put a big smile on HJ's face.
No sign of Chico,Michu,Canas,Pablo,or Pozuelo,is this the start of a break up of the Spanish connection?
Like post
Like this post
12 May 2014 14:19 Post ID: #126290 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Queen of the South

Could well be the last we see of several of our Spaniards, it is pretty obvious that something has not been right within the squad for a while maybe with little cliques forming amongst the group. A club of our size cannot afford not to be totally together team wise so something had to give but yesterday despite the changes the team worked really hard and deservedly got the three points. We need players who really want to play for our club and it was good to see the effort that everyone of them put in none less so than Wilfried who seemed to lead the team by example despite Taylor wearing the armband.

Last season our fans were in the top tier of that stand but the view isn't a bad one and the noise generated can be excellent because of the low slung roof. Think the Black Cat fans had done their celebrating on Wednesday so their team were a bit like us when we played Saints and looked far less committed than they would have been had they needed more points. Was delighted with the passion and desire we showed as I have a feeling that Garry would have been really pushing home the need to get past that 40 point mark for the season. Twelfth place was a good place to finish when you consider all that we have had to cope with this season and to be honest would be happy for us to finish there for the next twenty seasons if necessary. Am sure our neighbours up the road would have wished the same for their team but their arrogance pre season ensured that our fans took full advantage of their fate with several derogatory songs my favourite being "Newport County are waiting for you".
Like post
Like this post
13 May 2014 10:36 Post ID: #126298 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Real Craiova,Romania
Strange that the fans wasted most of the match singing anti Cardiff and anti English songs,instead of getting behind the players,ignoring the fact that the ref,a lot of our players and now our manager are English,no wonder refs give us nothing in matches.
I missed last season's Sunderland match,but the season before we were lower section behind the goal.
Vasquez already gone of the Spaniards,after a dismal season on loan,undoubtedly more will follow,which will unsettle the rest of them.
Stadium expansion,seems we've got the full planning permission,but Section 106 (Planning application number 2013/0554 on Swansea Council website),needs to be sorted out,where we have to pay for various access improvements,such as cycle paths,road signs,moving pedestrian road crossing,more park and rides,extra buses etc. It is not clear when we will start the project.
Like post
Like this post
13 May 2014 17:07 Post ID: #126303 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
St Mirren

Will forgive our fans just this once for the anti Cardiff singing at the weekend as we've had so much Cardiff bias from the BBC & ITV wales media since they won their place in the top tier plus their players were baiting us with that "we're coming for you" song on their open top bus parade. However the anti English stuff is embarrassing and as you say does little to help us as the officials no doubt hear it and could be persuaded to give the 50/50 decisions against us. Would be wiser if we cut this childish chant out next season and stuck to singing positively, how fantastic if the Miguel, Miguel Michu and Come on Wilfried Bony chants can be boomed out regularly from the Liberty again come August.

If the club have any real intention of expanding the stadium then an announcement must be made fairly soon to enable work to start at the end of next season, still a season too late in my opinion. Everything moves at a snails pace in Swansea particularly where the council are concerned but our club is dragging its feet as well on this and will regret it I have no doubt if they don't move forward with this soon.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 13/5/2014 17:12
Like post
Like this post
14 May 2014 10:30 Post ID: #126313 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Taastrup FC, Denmark
The bias is still going on,and will certainly continue next season,by the the Cardiff based media of BBC Wales/ITV Wales. When they were in the Championship previously they were always mentioned first and then a "by the way" at the end for the Swans match report with as little information as possible.
This bias runs through the Welsh Assembly "Government" as well,all investment has been directed into Cardiff,just stroll around there and see what a great shopping centre they've got for example,compared to what run down and poverty stricken Swansea have got. The big stores such as up market Waitrose and John Lewis will not come any further down the M4 than Cardiff,as they know there's no money in Swansea and the outlying areas.
I can't find any fresh information on ground expansion other than plans have been passed,and nothing on the Trust website.The last monthly minutes shown are March,with no mention of it in that.In fact there's hardly anything of note on the Trust website,they're like the secret service,all sealed lips,and feed the fans a load of rubbish. We have to rely on dubious articles in the Press to find out anything that goes on at the club.
Like post
Like this post
14 May 2014 16:35 Post ID: #126319 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Ultrecht

We do need more transparency from an organisation that was first set up to represent the fans as well as aid the club of course, seems in recent years it has become more of a closed shop which is not what was originally intended. Maybe more probing questions could be asked of the trust representatives at the fans forums which are held regularly at the Liberty.

Good to see the weather finally start to coming good... as I fly off to Majorca on Friday, just as well Swans didn't make it to either the Europa or fa cup final as I'd have struggled to attend having inadvertently booked this trip months ago. Not sure if I'll get much free internet access out there but will try and keep in touch with possible comings and goings at the Liberty over the next week or so.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 14/5/2014 16:36
Like post
Like this post
15 May 2014 09:32 Post ID: #126325 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Vaduz FC, Liechtenstein
Why hasn't the club given us an update regarding expansion,we only feed off snippets from the Press to get any information.
Beautiful day here,about time after all that wind and rain. I usually mistime my holidays for when the weather is good at home,so when you get back everybody's got a suntan the same. Majorca is great and only a short hop away.
Like post
Like this post
26 May 2014 00:42 Post ID: #126345 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Wolverhampton Wanderers

Majorca is a beautiful island which we have visited on many occasions and although the weather was rather mixed this time we really enjoyed driving around the many beautiful bays and coves as well as visiting the local markets plus the busy and interesting capital of Palma.

Was talking to a local about Real Mallorca and was unaware that they are in danger of being relegated for a second season running which could infact lead to them having very serious problems staying afloat, their stadium holds around 22,000 but only just over 5,000 turned up for their last home game which they unimpressively drew 0-0 to a fellow relegation threatened team. They have just sacked their third manager of this season and brought in an ex player to take over with just three matches to play, just makes me appreciate how lucky we are as our clubs are comparable in size and stature.
Like post
Like this post
26 May 2014 10:38 Post ID: #126349 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Xiamen Blue Lions,China
Went to Majorca summer before last to the Luabay Galatzo in Paguera,peaceful,couples only hotel,with a lovely beach and resort down the hill.You timed your holiday right as the weather has been dreadful for the last week.Maybe ML can bail RM out,having an interest in them as an ex-manager,with the millions just received in compo from us,he even has a home there.
Pre-season friendlies,all away so far -
USA Two Week Training Camp July 6-20
Wed July 16 - Chivas (MPL),Miller Park,Milwaukee (A)
Sat July 19 - Minnesota Utd (NASL),Blaine (A)

South Coast Three Day Training Camp
Sun July 27 5pm - Plymouth (A)
Tue July 29 7.15 pm - Exeter (A)

(possible Bournemouth away to fit in)

Sat Aug 2 3pm - Reading (A)

Sat Aug 9 - hopefully a home friendly against a top side

Sat Aug 16 season start
Like post
Like this post
27 May 2014 01:01 Post ID: #126354 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Yeovil Town

Have just been watching highlights of two football league play off games, the league one game between Rotherham and Leyton Orient was quite a match with plenty of goals and the dreaded penalty shoot out at the end. Not keen on the Rotherham manager Steve Evans but they did well to come back from being two goals down and then hold their nerve when going behind with the spot kicks so deserved to get promoted. The other game from League Two saw two minnows play one another infront of a very small crowd of just over 14,000 with Fleetwood getting the only goal to claim their 6th promotion in ten years and reach the dizzy heights of the third tier of English football. They have had the backing of a wealthy owner so have climbed up the leagues with his monetary support.

I saw the QPR v Derby game live in a bar in Palma Nova and it was a really dour affair, the late goal for Rangers came totally out of the blue and was completely against the run of play, Derby will be kicking themselves having been the better team on the day. Unless Harry Rednap makes some astute purchases before next season can see them struggling again to stay up, they are already under investigation for going into huge debt the last time they were in the top tier so will have to be careful not to overspend this time.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 27/5/2014 16:32
Like post
Like this post
Pages (30): « First ... 17 18 19
21 22 23 ... Last »
Jump to forum: