Swansea City Forum - Football Clubs Worldwide
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: 'Leeds is a great club and it's been my home for years, even though I live in Middlesbrough.' - Jonathan Woodgate
- (Added by: sbrjack)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Vote for your man of the match vs Burnley
Suggested By:
Fabianski42%
Naughton0%
Fernandez0%
Mawson0%
Olsson0%
Fer0%
Clucas0%
Sanches21%
Ayew0%
Abraham0%
Dyer25%
Bony12%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W15
2.Dennis Downing7
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.jonno11
6.GThomas1
7.david1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (30): « First ... 7 8 9
11 12 13 ... Last »
Football Clubs Worldwide
13 January 2014 13:12 Post ID: #125189 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Tranmere Rovers

Can't really argue with anything written above, we looked comfortable enough for much of the first half without ever threatening but got caught napping after the break and that was our undoing. Shame Canas went off as that made a big impact as the game wore on with Amat trying to play the unaccustomed midfield role and my views on Shelvey are well known...Rodgers knew what he was doing when he sold us a pig in a poke.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
14 January 2014 11:37 Post ID: #125198 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Universidad Catolica,Ecuador Serie A
Nero fiddled whilst Rome burned,I see some similarities with ML and our club at the moment.
We have Spurs up next,one point gained in 5 matches with them since we got promoted,oh to get another point off them next Sunday,but highly unlikely as we're not even targetting this match to get any points from.
We spent over 20 mill strengthening the squad in the summer,but have we really strengthened it,most of the signings have failed to live up to expectations so far,with half the season gone.
We have an "easier" run of matches after Spurs,but are they easier, most teams below us have strengthened their team or changed managers with a consequent improvement in form,hence only three or four points separating the teams at the bottom half of the table.
Like post
Like this post
14 January 2014 17:03 Post ID: #125202 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Vancouver

Spurs aren't the force they were and are struggling for goals so now is the time to play them I reckon, of course on the other hand we are struggling ourselves but football can be very unpredictable so am wearing my rose tinted glasses and predicting that we can pick up some welcome points on Sunday....
Like post
Like this post
15 January 2014 11:09 Post ID: #125212 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Wacker Innsbruck,Austria

The form table says otherwise:

Form Table

Table Position and Last Six Games
Spurs 04 L W D W W W

Swans 20 D L L D L L

Sorry to be glass half empty but these are the facts. Football is a funny old game though,and a result does not always go to form. On the positive side we only lost to a very dubious penalty up there.but that was with most of our first pick players.
So it's Birmingham away in the cup again on Sat 25th Jan,after they hammered Bristol Rovers 3-0 last night,surely we can do better this time around,or would it be logical to field our under 21's and be done with the distraction?

Edited by keith margam 15/1/2014 11:17
Like post
Like this post
15 January 2014 16:40 Post ID: #125216 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
X...

Young Boys of Berne

Doesn't make good reading I know but if you put the cup win at Man U into that equation we haven't been playing that badly despite our growing injury list. Not sure when our best players are due to return but am hopeful that over the next few weeks we will see the majority back in contention...positive thinking helps but like you I am very concerned that we are now slipping into the relegation battle.
Like post
Like this post
16 January 2014 10:16 Post ID: #125222 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Zirka Kirovohrad,Ukraine
The cup game involved mostly reserve players from both sides,although still a massive win for us,as United could easily field two teams in the PL with the quality of players at their disposal.
It's finely balanced at the moment,a couple of wins could see us crawl out of immediate danger, conversely a few more defeats could see us right in the mire.
I hope this week ML has impressed upon the players the need to score more goals and to tighten up defensively. There are one or two players just going through the motions,we know who they are,and what they are capable of,but they are not showing it in every game,it's now time for them to step up to the plate.
Like post
Like this post
18 January 2014 17:05 Post ID: #125231 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Arsenal

Mixed results today with regard to how it affects the Swans, Cardiff lost 4-2 but wins for Norwich and Palace have helped push them up the table. Up to the team to dig in and try and keep a clean sheet against a Spurs side rejuvenated under their new manager. Goals win games so we must be clinical with the chances if we are to get something tomorrow.
Like post
Like this post
20 January 2014 10:39 Post ID: #125245 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Blau-Weiss Mannheim,Germany
Our fate is in our hands,we have a big fight ahead,are the players up for it. They visibly sagged yesterday after conceding,especially our captain Ash,when he should have been setting an example and urging his players on. Of course our static manager and coaches didn't help either,and from my position behind the dug out I wondered if they'd all gone home,all I could see was Sherwood in his technical area cajoling his players on,and it certainly worked.
We obviously need reinforcements and need to look abroad for them,maybe a phone call to Pardew, who's Newcastle side were in the same situation as us after their Europa exploits last season,and went to France to get four or five players in and rescued their season. Our fringe players are obviously not up to PL standard,so we cannot just sit back and hope our injured players return soon to save us. They will have to be eased gently back in and find match fitness and form,it's not an instant thing.
Like post
Like this post
21 January 2014 14:26 Post ID: #125261 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Carlisle United

Reading reports of a training ground bust up between Chico and Monk is not what we want to hear, this is no time for division within the ranks as we are in a real battle to keep our prem status. Are we up for the fight is what concerns me, I noticed unusually Curt was not sitting alongside ML on the bench on Sunday which as you say was just static when really we needed some encouragement. Probably in our manager's eyes this was not a game we could win, not the right attitude as we can't afford to consider any game beyond our reach. The pressure is now mounting with the Fulham, West Ham, Stoke and Cardiff games all six pointers but at least we may have got the majority of our first teamers back by then. Our lack of strength in depth was very apparent but it looks unlikely that we will do what Newcastle did and splash out on some real quality before the end of the month, why I don't know as the riches on offer to the prem clubs next season will more than cover any outlay from our board.
Like post
Like this post
22 January 2014 10:25 Post ID: #125266 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Dalian Aerbin,China Super League
Who was the busybody that called the police? And what was Monk doing in training when it was reported his career maybe over due to an unsuccessful operation?
We are lacking a leader on the pitch it seems,and Monk was that leader,Ash seems to hang his head if things do not go our way,we need some fighting spirit from somebody.
Press are saying we're interested in Bolton's highest earner,forward David N'gog.Out of contract in the summer,he's been a big flop there since his move from Liverpool in 2011.he's got four goals this season at that level. They want rid of him to get Danny Graham in! Please no,not another non producer!
Usually in a managerial partnership,if the manager is quiet,the coach is boisterous,or vice versa. At Swansea we've got a whole dug out that are quiet and non demonstrative it seems,or is the seating made of Velcro making it difficult for them to get up!

Like post
Like this post
22 January 2014 17:26 Post ID: #125276 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Everton

Apparently it was a parent of one of the youth players who phoned the police, the sooner our players move to the relative privacy of the Fairwood training centre the better. It is not uncommon for players to square up to one another, I'm sure it goes on at every club at some point or another and the statements released from club and both players will hopefully calm the situation. You can see the knives are out however from certain media sources including of course BBC Wales who no doubt are delighted that the focus has shifted from the Welsh club that happen to be at the very bottom of the prem.
Like post
Like this post
23 January 2014 10:51 Post ID: #125290 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Falkenburgs FF, Sweden
Yes,all quiet from the Cardiff based media on Bluebirds being bottom of the table,all focus on Swansea and stirring things up to deflect criticism.
We have to start winning to shift attention away from us. Sunderland and Palace,and previously Southampton have turned things around with new managers,conversely Cardiff haven't,but I hope we are not thinking the same,it's too late in the season,and there's nobody suitable anyway.
Like post
Like this post
23 January 2014 16:26 Post ID: #125296 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Gillingham

Watched the Man U v Sunderland cup semi last night, Sunderland have definitely improved and changed their style under Poyet and with Ki and Borini in their ranks they didn't look a bad side though Man U were awful and almost unrecognisable under Moyes. My concern is that we also seem to be going backwards and have lost our spark, we also are lacking in the stamina and the strength required albeit because some of our best our missing and replacements are not of a high enough standard. It's up to our manager and the staff to change things but I do wonder if ML still has the desire having done so well in his initial tenure, am looking for some genuine fight from him to inspire our players to get us out of the rut we are in.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 23/1/2014 16:28
Like post
Like this post
24 January 2014 11:22 Post ID: #125307 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Haaglandia,Holland
Septimana Horribilis - A Horrible Seven Days - It's been a horrible week in the life of SCFC - another home defeat leaving us a point off a relegation place,once more a midfield player Jonjo injured,our manager purportedly leaving/sacked,players allegedly throwing bricks and fighting with each other,yet another one of our best players wanting to leave and help a relegation rival,and we're looking to bring in dud Championship players to help us out.
On the positive side,our fate is in our own hands,key players are coming back from injury,we're still in the Europa League and FA Cup,and Stadium Extension Plans have been approved. Now all we need is a huge effort from the players to get some points on the board.

Like post
Like this post
24 January 2014 16:52 Post ID: #125312 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Ipswich Town

Football is a funny game as they say... for us as fans there are so many ups and downs and to be fair we've had very few downs in recent years so for the Swans to be bombarded with negativity recently particularly via the Cardiff and London based media has been quite hard to cope with. As you say the overall picture isn't as bad as has been portrayed, a few wins on the trot would certainly help but it will take lots of effort from those wearing white or purple and yellow to achieve this. We can do it I have no doubt if and when we get our best players back playing the way we know they can.
Like post
Like this post
26 January 2014 09:41 Post ID: #125324 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Juenesse Esch,Luxembourg
David Ngog in town for talks then,meaning a fee must have been agreed between the clubs. At 6' 3" hopefully he's good at defending and help with our weakness at set pieces,as well as scoring goals,like Bony. We have to back the manager and hope he's not another Beattie/Moore/Lita/Vasquez.
Where is our scouting system though,as it looks as if we've pulled our present transfer targets out of a hat. I would like to see a winger and an experienced midfielder come in as well this week,even as loans. Looks as if the Boro deal for centre half Rhys Williams has collapsed.Wolves forward Leigh Griffiths and Norwich's wingers Redmond and Pilkington have also been mentioned. An eventful week in prospect.
Like post
Like this post
26 January 2014 10:15 Post ID: #125329 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Kettering Town

Oh for a Juan Mata or similar to bolster our ranks....but seems our board will not splash out big bucks in the January window yet just one quality signing could make all the difference and secure our place in the big league again next season. Even a loanee like Zaha might have helped but he is a bit of a wild child by all accounts so not really what we need right now as we've already had enough behind the scenes drama. Had to laugh at the chant sung at Brum yesterday Hey Chico... leave those bricks alone.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (30): « First ... 7 8 9
11 12 13 ... Last »
Jump to forum: