Swansea City Forum - Football Clubs Worldwide
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: Motson: "For those of you watching in black and white, Spurs are in the all yellow strip"
- (Added by: KevinE)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Vote for your man of the match vs Burnley
Suggested By:
Fabianski79%
Naughton0%
Fernandez0%
Mawson0%
Olsson0%
Fer0%
Clucas0%
Sanches21%
Ayew0%
Abraham0%
Dyer0%
Bony0%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W14
2.Dennis Downing6
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.GThomas1
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (30): « First ... 5 6 7
9 10 11 ... Last »
Football Clubs Worldwide
19 December 2013 18:13 Post ID: #124892 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Limassol FC

I wouldn't be surprised if Leon plays some part in the game on Sunday, he is naturally fit anyway and would be keen to be back in the side though I must say I do like Canas as well but can't see them both playing at the same time.

Hope our coaches are working on corner taking....they have been dreadful for most of the season with De Guzman being the main culprit. If a corner does actually reach the area it is either headed well over by Williams who has a head like a thrupenny bit or just sails over everyone's head...Also please can we have shot at goal instead of trying to make the perfect pass when in the area. Might make a difference to our shot per game ratio which is falling rapidly these days...only a suggestion but am sure it's what most of our patient fans both home and away would like to see.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
20 December 2013 10:32 Post ID: #124896 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Maccabi Haifa
We've all noticed how poor we are on set pieces,and you just know we're not going to score from them,with balls over or under hit. Also our dithering when in shooting positions is annoying,yet when the team warm up before the match they're all having shots on goal and then proceed to freeze once the match is under way.
Our next six matches are all against teams above us,except Villa,so we have to start producing the goods,there is no excuse of the Europa League,now we've got a break from from it.Soon it will only be the league anyway,can you see us beating United at Old Trafford in the Cup,and Napoli over two legs in the Europa? We couldn't beat Kuban,St.Gallen,or Valencia,over two legs,so not much cause for optimism looking forward,but one never knows. We did it in the Cup last year,so we know the team are capable of causing an upset.
Like post
Like this post
20 December 2013 19:48 Post ID: #124900 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Newport County

Apparently it is 28 years today since the gates were locked at the Vetch and things looked so bleak ....amazing that we have risen so far (with a hiccup or two on the way of course) so no need to be too despondent. Look at where we are now....10th in the best league competition in the world, through to the last 32 in a major European competition with the best squad of players we have ever seen with a manager who was one of the world's greatest players. It is a miracle that we still have a team to follow let alone one which is admired around the whole world with a current board that had been put forward as a role model unlike of course our neighbours up the road. These are our best times despite us having the odd moan or two regarding corners and finishing, it has made me realise just how lucky we are.
Like post
Like this post
21 December 2013 10:14 Post ID: #124904 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Obolon Kyiv,Ukraine
Yes,we need a reality check now and again,we could have been a Workington Town and disappeared.
A lot of luck,hard work,and good management has got us where we are today,and we must hold on to our position at all cost.
Football is never predictable,and we may surprise Everton tomorrow.Martinez knows a lot about our players,but we also know a lot about about theirs too. I'd take the draw if offered,and to go into the Xmas fixtures with a win under our belt would be even better!
Like post
Like this post
21 December 2013 16:09 Post ID: #124907 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Portsmouth FC

When I look at a team like Portsmouth who were once where we are now but are now struggling in the lower leagues and still paying some of their ex players millions in owed wages it does make me appreciate that those running our club although by no means perfect have the best interests of the club at heart.

One thing I do miss about being in the prem is the Saturday 3pm kick off games, dislike watching Sky sports news giving details of other teams scoring goals whilst we are left to wait a day or two to catch up. I sometimes think that Sky do their very best to make it difficult for us by arranging our tv games at awkward times. Why choose Swans v Hull as a Monday night televised game thus making us play play 3 games in six days then doing the same again for the Everton televised game tomorrow. With two other away games coming up within a week over Christmas we certainly are have been given the short straw. We have a break from the Thursday Europa games which should help us for a month or so but the quality of opposition lined up against us during this period is fairly daunting.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 21/12/2013 16:14
Like post
Like this post
22 December 2013 09:47 Post ID: #124915 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Qingdao Jonoon FC,China
ML on Spurs job “We have Everton, Chelsea, Aston Villa, Man City, Man United, Man United again and Tottenham, so I’m not even thinking about that.” He doesn't move jobs in mid season anyway,so Spurs can look elsewhere.
As he says a tough run of games,but ones that we should be relishing. The Europa League has been put to bed until February,but yet again we have to play 3 games in a week,with two away games only a few days apart,poor fixture planning,not helped by Sky's odd fixture times.

Like post
Like this post
23 December 2013 18:34 Post ID: #124927 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Rushden and Diamonds

It was a shame that we couldn't share the spoils yesterday, felt we deserved a point for our efforts even though Everton looked the more dangerous side going forward. To be without Michu, Nathan and Angel certainly didn't help our cause and maybe Vorm at his best might have made a better attempt at stopping their first goal though it was hit with great force. My son noticed their free kick which led to their winning goal was taken much further forward than it should have been, Everton were like that all game though trying to gain an unfair advantage with their diving and constant back chat to the ref. I wish them nothing but bad luck for the rest of the season.
Like post
Like this post
24 December 2013 09:40 Post ID: #124933 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Smogens IF, Sweden
Definitely deserved the draw.
I also heard that they'd cheated a few yards on the free kick,and that Chico protested but was ignored.
I've said before that we need to wise up on these tricks that most teams get away with,moving the ball forward at free kicks,throw ins at the wrong place,collapsing as if pole axed for any innocuous tackle to gain free kicks in our half,appealing vigorously every decision by the ref, etc. Everton did all this with aplomb.
Like post
Like this post
24 December 2013 18:37 Post ID: #124937 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Tottenham Hotspur

Not sure if I want our team to be as underhanded as some in the prem, there is some pride in supporting a club that believes in playing the game the right way and that includes being an honest side that doesn't try to cheat. Our fans are soon on Chico's back when he starts rolling around after being fouled yet not many other fans of other teams appear to have the same principles.

Anyway, tomorrow is a day for family so Happy Christmas to all in the Swansea City family, trust everyone has a great day and at Chelsea on Boxing Day.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 24/12/2013 18:38
Like post
Like this post
25 December 2013 10:05 Post ID: #124941 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
(FC)Unirea Urziceni,Romania
Merry Xmas to all!
My biggest present will be not be opened until Boxing Day. I already know what it is,and that's the 3 points at Chelsea!
Chico is not clever enough to con the ref,he overreacts and it is too obvious. Some other teams players are masters at it,and it happens every game. Remember Spurs away this season,never a penalty,but the three points went to Spurs.
One poster on another site reckons Mason didn't like ML's criticism of him on MOTD about the disallowed goal at WBA last season,therefore turning a blind eye to Everton stealing 3/4 yards on the free kick,which led to the winning goal,plausible perhaps.
ML keeping mum on signings,best way,he's now well aware other managers are watching him closely.
Like post
Like this post
27 December 2013 10:02 Post ID: #124950 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Vaduz,Switzerland
Well not the three points,just another defeat,wishful thinking I suppose,as our negative tactics could have seen us playing until now without managing to score. Britton and Ash were the heroes again as we tried to keep the score down.
Once again we dominated possession at 45% - 55%,but with our backwards and sideways passing,and one shot on target,their goalie Petr Cech was never troubled,and could have gone off for a cup of tea.
Our weak links Vasquez,Routledge,and Pozuelo were obvious to all. Routledge is a bit of a disaster at the moment and continuously loses the ball,he's just a shadow of last season's player,and his drop in form has coincided with the time of his signing a new long term contract and rumours of an over indulgent social life,whatever the truth it needs to be sorted.
Luckily Vasquez is on loan and can be shipped back,as in my opinion he's completely inept as a striker,and reminds me of the headless chicken Shechter,how on earth is he a Spanish under 21 international?
A crunch match tomorrow then,and one we must get something from,with just a four point cushion from a relegation spot. With Man City,Man Utd,and Spurs matches on the horizon,this match is definitely a six pointer.

Edited by keith margam 29/12/2013 09:27
Like post
Like this post
29 December 2013 09:43 Post ID: #124965 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Waasland Beveren,Belgium
With 27%-73% possession we should have won this hands down. I would have taken the draw beforehand,but after seeing us completely dominate Villa,I'm amazed that we failed to win this one.
I can't remember a match so one sided since the Cup Final against Bradford City and we beat them 5-0! Mind you the stats showed the truth of it,two shots on target first half,and one on target second half,as we froze in front of goal,preferring to pass the ball on like a hot potato instead of shooting. During the warm up the players were taking it in turns to blast the ball into the net,but as soon as the game started they did the opposite,passing and passing,sideways or back,what tactics are these,why are they afraid to shoot?
Villa were there for the taking,yesterday,and I hope we do not regret all these points dropped at the end of the season.
Like post
Like this post
30 December 2013 01:52 Post ID: #124972 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
X....Yate FC

We move on to the New Years Day fixture at the Liberty when we face a Man City side that have an array of talent all over the field. Our best hope will be to play our possession game and starve the Etihad side of the ball but I fear that we won't have the firepower to trouble their defence but you never know. ML might have some of our players doing extra training on their shooting and finishing in the next couple of days, it would be fantastic if they could surprise us with a goal or two and start the new year off with a win.
Like post
Like this post
30 December 2013 10:23 Post ID: #124977 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Zalaegerszegi TE, Hungary
Tough ask to get anything out of this one,but not impossible. Their away record is not so good,even Cardiff have beaten them,but they'll be hell bent on improving away from home. Shame we haven't got Michu and Dyer,or I'd fancy our chances!
Plenty of shooting in the pre match warm ups,but we need to do this during the matches as well if we are to improve on this poor run of results.
Like post
Like this post
31 December 2013 01:09 Post ID: #124988 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Arbroath FC

Looks like Joe Hart will be missing from the Man City line up after the nasty looking collision last weekend left him with an eye injury, they do have an able replacement however who if anything is even better than the English keeper. Of course Vorm is out for us also and while I think Tremmel has done reasonably well for us would much prefer the Dutch keeper but he should be back for us in a few weeks.

Michu's operation in Portugal apparently went well but these next few weeks will be hard without him, he hasn't been at his best for some time obviously hampered by the injury but we can but hope that as the season reaches its latter stages he will be back and scoring regularly once again. In the meantime ML will be looking for a goal scorer to boost our ranks, if I were him and if it is possible I'd ditch Vasquez straight away for someone more worthy of his wages. If we have to fork out a lot more it would be well worth it just to guarantee that we stay clear of the relegation zone.
Like post
Like this post
31 December 2013 10:35 Post ID: #124992 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
B36 Torshavn,Faroe Islands
I read yesterday that Hart's been passed fit to play?
Man City have lost 4 and drawn 2 of their away matches this season (Aston Villa 3-2,Chelsea 2-1,Cardiff 3-2,Sunderland 1-0,Stoke 0-0,Southampton 1-1)
We have only recently played them on 1 Dec,where we lost 3-0, Negrado on 8 mins,a 25 yard free kick past Tremmel.Swans were on top first half,a great shot saved from Shelvey,and Guz fired over from 12 yards with only Pantilimon to beat.We also had a penalty turned down when Demichelis pulled Pablo back by the shirt in the box. Second half Nasri scored on 58 and 77 mins.There was no Vorm, Bony,or Michu. The side that day was -
25 Tremmel,19 Tiendalli,33 Davies,21 Cañas,04 Chico,06 Williams,24 Pozuelo (Dyer - 67' ),20 De Guzmán,26 Alvaro,08 Shelvey,11 Hernández (Routledge - 62' ).
We still had 54%-46% possession with 4 shots on target to their 7 shots.
So some positives from those statistics to take into tomorrow's game.

P.S.
Form last 6 games all competitions:
Swansea: DLDLLD
Man City: WWWWWW

Edited by keith margam 31/12/2013 11:37
Like post
Like this post
31 December 2013 15:49 Post ID: #124996 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Crystal Palace

Am not the greatest statistition but do know that we are not on a great run of results right now yet we are definitely improving in terms of actual performance levels. As we repeatedly say it is in the final third that we are struggling, we lack a deadly finisher such as the Man City team have in abundance along with several other top teams. Our best finisher is recovering from ankle surgery and we are left with those who cannnot or will not shoot even when they have a good sight of goal...

Happy New Year to all Swans fans on here, hoping to meet up with Ottawa_Swan before kick off, he is over here in the UK on holiday from Canada but unfortunately he couldn't get to the game at Chelsea due to lack of public transport in the greater London area. Let's hope he brings our team some luck infront of goal against Man City and we can start 2014 on a high.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 31/12/2013 15:51
Like post
Like this post
Pages (30): « First ... 5 6 7
9 10 11 ... Last »
Jump to forum: