Swansea City Forum - Football Clubs Worldwide
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: There's 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't
- (Added by: KevinE)
Current Poll (see more polls)
What will the result be vs Bournemouth?
Suggested By:
Swansea City win34%
Draw16%
Bournemouth win50%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W15
2.Dennis Downing7
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.jonno11
6.GThomas1
7.david1
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (30): « First ... 4 5 6
8 9 10 ... Last »
Football Clubs Worldwide
04 December 2013 14:54 Post ID: #124763 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Tonmawr FC

Suppose we are not direct enough at times, the only penalty we have had was when Leon unexpectedly was running in the area with the ball when fouled. We have the players to draw fouls it is just a case of getting them to do it in the area and not fuss about looking for the perfect pass. As you say get a shot in instead of looking for the perfect opportunity, Shelvey at least did this a few times on Sunday which could have given us a goal. Tonight I can see him as our main attacking threat again, he's not my cup of tea as you know but if he can help us get some points then I'll be backing him 100% throughout the game.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
05 December 2013 09:42 Post ID: #124767 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
UBK Kopavogur,Iceland
Your "cup of tea" Shelvey was a joy to watch last night,as we ran riot against 6th placed Newcastle. Dyer turned the game when he came on for the injured Vasquez and opened the scoring. A Shelvey deflection and a superb Shelvey volley completed the scoring. Finally we sustained our brilliant passing game over the 90 mins. They showed us in parts at Man City that they were coming into form,and last night was brilliant to watch,but this time with an end product and three goals. Ironically we did it without our three strikers!Is this the turning point in our season after so much criticism?
Like post
Like this post
05 December 2013 15:00 Post ID: #124775 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Valencia FC

Shelvey no doubt has an abundance of talent and last night we saw both sides of him, an excellent commanding attacking midfield performance which included a great goal and another which was saved...on the other hand we saw that nasty streak he has with the stupid attempted head butt....why do that and risk being sent off. He must learn to control himself otherwise he will cost us more games than he wins us.
Like post
Like this post
06 December 2013 10:25 Post ID: #124785 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Warriors FC, Singapore
He had a short fuse when he was at Liverpool,maybe one of the reasons why he was allowed to leave.
I'm sure he'll learn to curb his temper as he matures. He's been brilliant for us last few games in an attacking midfield role. I wonder if Ki would have flourished in a more attacking role too.
I thought Canas had a good game and he is now a real threat to Leon's place in the side.
Will ML be tempted to field the same side on Monday,or will he do his squad rotation bit,with St Gallen in mind a few days later.Some say we are not gelling as a team by ML constantly juggling the players around.
We saw signs in the Man City match that we are finally clicking as a team,long may our fine form continue.
Like post
Like this post
06 December 2013 16:53 Post ID: #124791 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
X...

York City

Not sure if you can change somebody's personality but maybe maturity will help, he is due to become a parent next year and that often makes people grow up. I certainly hope so as there is no doubting his talent it is just his attitude and application on times that worry me.

I certainly feel we shouldn't rotate too much but we will surely have to next week, who decided that we should be on sky tv live on a Monday night against Hull.... only someone with a grudge against our team as this match wouldn't be a crowd puller for many outside both cities. I did hear that Sky had a Cardiff supporter in their ranks, that might or might not be the case but it does seem odd to make our game a Monday night kick off with trips to Switzerland and Norwich later the same week.
Like post
Like this post
07 December 2013 10:37 Post ID: #124796 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Zamalek SC, Egypt
Unless one of our three forwards miraculously recovers,we will have to make do. There's also Donnelly in the wings waiting for a chance,obviously not thought good enough so far by ML.
There's talk of us moving for Iago Aspas on loan from Liverpool in January. He was snatched from under our noses by the crafty Rodgers,when he was on the verge of signng for us in the summer. He's well out of favour there so far,and was poor when given the chance earlier in the season.
Like post
Like this post
07 December 2013 12:50 Post ID: #124800 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Aberdeen

From the little I've seen of Aspas he's not done anything to impress, a loan deal in January might suit both Liverpool and us but I read somewhere this morning that ML is not looking to bring in another striker soon even with our injury problems. Maybe we'll see Michu on the bench on Monday and possibly Bony at Norwich, would like to think so anyway.
Like post
Like this post
08 December 2013 10:48 Post ID: #124806 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Baia Zugdidi,Georgia
ML must have thought highly of Aspas,he was linked with a move to us most of last season and the summer break. I suppose the best deals are loan deals in January,rather than pay inflated transfer fees. It will be interesting to see how things pans out,and whether we enter the transfer market or not will probably depend on our results in the next month.
Our manager doesn't like bringing back players too soon from injury. He will be more reluctant after Pablo was injured once again as soon as he returned to play last time.
Hopefully you're right and our strikers will be back in the next few games,fully fit. The way we managed so well without a recognised striker against Newcastle,will give us good options for future matches when things are not going to plan.
Like post
Like this post
08 December 2013 20:46 Post ID: #124814 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Chelsea

Have been reading on our official site that Leon's broken toe will keep him out for another two weeks, that's a blow as pressure will be on Canas to play all three games this week. He had his best game for us against the Toon but with it being such a vital and demanding position can see him being rested for at least one of the games in the week ahead.

Like post
Like this post
09 December 2013 09:04 Post ID: #124820 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Dallas Solar FC
We also have Amat to help out in defence,and he will probably play at some point.
So we've drawn Man Utd away in the FA Cup then,and in the league away,all in the same week in January,a tough ask for away supporters,who'll have to dig deep to pay for it all.
Both clubs will get a 45% share of the gate receipts (10% to FA Pool),quite a sum,especially if there's a capacity crowd of 75k. Look out for some incentive offers from the club to help loyal away fans for these matches.
Like post
Like this post
09 December 2013 14:47 Post ID: #124826 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Exeter City

Could have done without the FA cup fixture v Man U, never thought just a few years ago I'd be saying that but you can have too much of a good thing and the cost of travelling twice to Manchester just after Christmas is going to be a struggle. The FA cup has lost its appeal for many fans in the top flight who have more pressing concerns, I would willingly forfeit getting into the next round if it meant getting a point in the league the week after. The money we will get in gate receipts from Old Trafford will please Mr Jenkins but is small fry compared to the riches we are promised for staying in the prem so an early exit wouldn't be too strongly felt.

Such a busy week ahead, leaving in the morning for Switzerland where the weather is milder than last week thankfully though will still be a lot colder than here. Packing is a problem with just hand luggage to take, will have to wear several layers on the plane where it can be quite warm. My ideal results this week would be a win tonight, another on Thursday and a third at Carrow Road on Sunday. Suppose I am being very optimistic but we are capable of doing this if we can keep our players fit and not too fatigued.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 9/12/2013 14:49
Like post
Like this post
10 December 2013 09:29 Post ID: #124832 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Ferencvaros,Hungary
Did we really have only 2 shots on target?
Shots 11-9,Shots on target 2-2,Corners 12-1,Possession 66%-34%
For all our possession it was mostly passing sideways and backwards as Hull filled the midfield and stifled our play.
I don't think we crossed the ball properly on any one of our 11 corners,are we practising this in training,the ball was either over or under hit so many times I lost count?
During the Newcastle game,our captain was constantly shouting and cajoling his players,last night he was silent throughout,what was that all about?
Take the lucky point and move on,the game best forgotten,and let's get this last Europa game out of the way,so we can concentrate on PL without distractions.
We're unfortunate to get the prize draw in the FA Cup that's so close to our league game.There's not many that can afford two trips to Old Trafford within 6 days,but it's a great opportunity for fans who wouldn't normally be able to get tickets to see us play Man Utd.
Like post
Like this post
13 December 2013 09:32 Post ID: #124857 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Gallipoli FC, Italy
I felt sorry for the Jack Army (SL2 included) last night,travelling all that way to watch our team give a half hearted display like that. We've seen it a few times this season,namely away to Cardiff and home to Hull,and it's difficult for us fans to comprehend why it happens.
The injury curse has struck again,this time it's Chico,who went off with a knee injury,extend of damage unkown yet,and he joins Monk who is out for six weeks recovering from a knee operation,and Vorm who needs a knee operation .We have only Amat and Williams fit,of our other two centre backs Bartley is out on loan and Tate is out of favour.
Britton is out injured,Angel is out injured,Bony,Pablo,Williams and Michu have all just come back from injury.
However,congratulations to the squad for reaching the last 32 of the Europa Cup and tenth position in the league,no mean feat with the current injury crisis.

Edited by keith margam 13/12/2013 10:29
Like post
Like this post
16 December 2013 20:51 Post ID: #124868 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Hull City

Must say had a great time in Switzerland despite our defeat, just as well we couldn't see much on the pitch with all that fog plus the netting all around which was supposed to keep us safe...or was it to stop us throwing things. Not sure but the large contingent of armed combat police outside the ground was quite surprising, they must have been expecting a vicious set of fans but turned out we were just mostly families and a stag party so they soon were smiling at us and more at ease. Inside there were no stewards to be found so late comers just filled up the aisles as there seemed to be more people than seats in our area.

As for St Gallen itself it was a pretty place though somewhat colder than Zurich which was where we were based. Glad we stayed there as the city is beautiful with so much to see, the tram system is fantastic and well run, we were able to plan our journeys to the minute including a trip up to the FIFA headquarters which was at the top of some mountain near the zoo. We went into the foyer where they had all the World cup trophies on display as well as the World Cup balls used in the last forty odd years. Blatter wasn't around while we were there probably just as well as I would have had a few choice words to say to him...

Edited by Swan_Lady2 16/12/2013 21:01
Like post
Like this post
18 December 2013 09:48 Post ID: #124876 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
IF Haga,Sweden
It's Napoli in the next round then,huge draw,and one of the favourites to win the competition. They were so unlucky to drop out of the Champions League with 12 points,it couldn't have been a tougher draw. On our day we can beat anybody though,I just hope we can improve our form in the weeks ahead without the pressure of the Europa League.
Starting with Everton on Sunday then,they are a side who are bang on form,and we'll do well to contain them. Routledge needs to step up a few gears(not with it at all since signing a new contract),along with Pablo,to give us some goal threat. Guzman needs to practice his set ball pieces,and we need some more shots on goal from Shelvey. Bony and Michu are not enough of a goal threat at the moment and also need to find form quickly. We have a weeks rest to sort it out and come out all guns blazing on Sunday.
Jazz has returned from his loan spell,not sure how beneficial it was,or how well he did,as he wasn't even making the bench there recently.
Like post
Like this post
18 December 2013 23:12 Post ID: #124883 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Jerez FC

Napoli is not really the draw I particularly wanted but I suppose it will be a great occasion at the Liberty, hope the club don't overprice this one as a vociferous full house backing the Swans is a must. As for the return leg expect there could still to be a good following out in Italy despite warnings of possible trouble, sadly I'm opting out of this one having already been to four away Euro games plus I went on holiday to Naples and Rome a few years ago but who knows we might progress and a trip to Germany or Portugal may be a possibility.

Before all that of course we have the immediate prospect of facing an Everton side revitalised by the arrival of one of our ex managers. Admit he's done well to instill a new philosophy so quickly and brought great excitement to a group of fans who have been used to years of dour play by Moyes. Confidence is sky high for them at the moment but who knows we might have a good day on Sunday and surprise those who will write us off before kick off.

Like post
Like this post
19 December 2013 10:01 Post ID: #124887 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Kahramanmarasspor,Turkey
Napoli is a great draw,and it seems fans would be better staying outside Naples and commuting to the game.
Never been there myself,but I have been to Rome,.Our fans will have to be alert to the Italian yobos,who are one of the worst troublemakers in European football.
RM is doing well at Everton,contrary to his average spell at Wigan. We are playing them at the worst possible time,with our injuries and their excellent form. An upset is doubtful,we could never beat them with Moyes in charge,but on a good day we are capable of beating anybody. Chico is only starting training today after a knee injury and suspension,as is Britton,so neither is match fit,which leaves Amat and Canas holding the fort. With Rangel and Vorm also out,we are looking a bit threadbare at the back.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (30): « First ... 4 5 6
8 9 10 ... Last »
Jump to forum: