Swansea City Forum - Football Clubs Worldwide
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: 'Germany are a very difficult team to play...they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas
- (Added by: sbrjack)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Vote for your man of the match vs Huddersfield Town
Suggested By:
Fabianski8%
Naughton4%
Fernandez4%
Mawson0%
Olsson0%
Britton9%
Carroll0%
Fer2%
Ayew16%
Abraham46%
Narsingh11%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W6
2.GThomas3
3.Dennis Downing2
4.yugo231
5.Vital Swansea City1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (30): « First
2 3 4 ... Last »
Football Clubs Worldwide
04 October 2013 10:07 Post ID: #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Johannesburg FC
Coleman's latest statement is that he'll let Ash decide whether he plays for Wales or not,in the forthcoming internationals,knowing that Ash will play with the injury,and at the same time ignoring ML's request that he be rested.
The club should take the lead here,and withdraw Williams from the Wales squad because of the risk of further damaging his ankle. There are alread four withdrawals because of injury,including Bale and Allen,why are we any different,and prepared to risk the well being of one of our key players?
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
04 October 2013 17:53 Post ID: #123996 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Kilmarnock FC

Ash was giving his take on the game in the live studio last night and Strachan picked him up on the sense of him playing for Wales at this time, hope he takes advise and puts club before country. We are missing him big time and if he does decide to risk further injury whilst playing futile world cup matches I'm sure ML plus most Swans fans won't be at all happy.
Like post
Like this post
05 October 2013 08:55 Post ID: #124004 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Limerick FC
Saw the first half of the match on ITV Player last night,second half to watch today,so yet to hear Strachan's words of advice. I'm impressed by Strachan lately,he talks a lot of sense,he is also a fan of our football ethos.Re Williams,the decision to play or not should be up to the club that employ him. I've noticed post match is that there is very little criticism from the media against the ref,even though his decisions were bizarre to say the least.I read the Sun,Mirror & Express whilst having a coffee in Dunelm yesterday,and not one criticism of the ref.The Sun had a dramatic picture of Michu on the touchline remonstrating with the official to let him back on,with blood all over his face, What a player he is,such dedication to the Swans.
Like post
Like this post
05 October 2013 19:14 Post ID: #124017 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Minehead FC

I saw that photo on the back of the sun whilst working in newsagent yesterday, certainly dramatic and if there was a player that fought for your team then this lad is the epitomy. So lucky to have him and grateful for his efforts and goals of course.

Seems Ash will be missing from our team tomorrow will be livid if he plays any part in the two World Cup matches over the next week or so. Have always supported Wales but of late am definitely of a mind to just want our Swans players rested and not playing for the national side particularly in friendlies or futile qualifying games, we as a club are far too accomodating for our own good.
Like post
Like this post
08 October 2013 15:42 Post ID: #124052 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Nailsea FC
Looks as if you're going to be livid. If there's a chance he will play. So he's been missing for three games for us,is now fully rested to enable him to play for Wales,not on,he's our employee. HJ should withdraw him and remind him who he works for. Imagine Fergy letting that happen!
Like post
Like this post
08 October 2013 18:52 Post ID: #124054 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Ostend FC

Sky sports reporting Ash unavailable to play in the two Wales World Cup matches through ankle injury, thank goodness he had the sense to rule himself out. He was on the bench at St Mary's but didn't take part in the pre match warm up bar about five minutes stretching and doubt he would have come on unless we had no defenders fit. Now he'll hopefully have time to rest the ankle and be available for selection for the Sunderland game with their new manager Poyet in charge.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 8/10/2013 18:53
Like post
Like this post
09 October 2013 15:51 Post ID: #124063 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Sensible decision for all. Two weeks to sort out our defence. I know we're not scoring, but we have to stop conceding as a first step. Now Taylor and Jazz are called up,we're pretty exposed if Taylor gets injured. Already we're seeing a replica of Newcastle's form last season,are two players for one position enough cover?
Like post
Like this post
09 October 2013 19:24 Post ID: #124068 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Portsmouth FC

Don't think I've ever been less interested in watching Wales play as I am at the moment, our priority is without doubt Swansea City and with our premier league survival paramount do not want any of our players risking injury playing futile games for their country. Saying that have to be pleased for Michu proudly displaying his Spanish shirt yesterday, will be watching their match against Belarus with interest just to see if he plays but obviously hope it is for a short while and not the whole match.
Like post
Like this post
12 October 2013 13:23 Post ID: #124100 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Great win by Wales,with second string,well done. Michu made his debut,shame he didn't score,but he has to take everybody for a meal now,does that include the fans!
Like post
Like this post
12 October 2013 16:57 Post ID: #124106 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Michu did ok but hard for him trying to fit into a side full of star names, he played his part though and will no doubt cherish those minutes he played on the isle of Majorca (would love to have been there as it is one of my favourite holiday destinations).

Talking of holidays we are taking a break in Portsmouth next week, my better half wants to visit some of the naval exhibitions which is only fair considering all the football trips I have been on so far this year, will be back in time for the Sunderland game next Saturday though of course.

Like post
Like this post
12 October 2013 23:04 Post ID: #124114 - in reply to #123989
Roger Freestone
Queen of the South FC
Like post
Like this post
13 October 2013 12:47 Post ID: #124119 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Raith Rovers
Like post
Like this post
14 October 2013 09:02 Post ID: #124125 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Suncity FC,Bangalore,India
Dreadful weather here yesterday on arriving home,peeing down and driving with lights on in the half dark.
Back to the drawing board this week then,in preparation for Sunderland,who will be out to impress their new manager.Can we get our first home league win of the season,surely we haven't become a poor team overnight,but we need to pick our best side for league games,and forget about Europe for the moment,it's too much of a distraction.
Like post
Like this post
14 October 2013 16:10 Post ID: #124132 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Tottenham Hotspur

Forecast isn't brilliant for trip to the South Coast tomorrow, wish I could have gone to Majorca and Spain to watch Michu but we weren't to know he'd be included in the Spanish squad...do wish him well for tomorrow against Georgia and trust he comes back safe and sound as do all our other internationals.

Saturday will be an important game but it will be hard for ML not having the international players back probably until thursday just a couple of days before our league fixture, no time to really work on any change of tactics, set pieces etc.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 14/10/2013 16:12
Like post
Like this post
15 October 2013 09:26 Post ID: #124138 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Udinese FC
Here's my "strictly non-football" comment - my mobile Yahoo Weather App is telling me it's 5 degrees partly cloudy at the moment. The 5c temp may be right,but it's a beautiful sunny day here,clear blue skies,how do they always get it wrong with these weather forecasts.Their ten day forecast is cloud and rain every day,maybe so,but let's enjoy the window of sun first!
Now to football - can Michu score,if picked for Spain, can Wales avoid a hammering in Belgium,will England win to qualify tonight,and can Bony re-discover his goalscoring touch with Cote d'Voire. At least there's some football to watch,in the absence of Premier League action. I'm wondering whether the Spain match is being shown on one of the channelst,as I'd rather watch that.
Let's hope that Bony,Michu,Vorm,and Taylor, in action for their national sides,come back unscathed and raring to go against a revitalised Sunderland team on Saturday.

Edited by keith margam 15/10/2013 09:32
Like post
Like this post
20 October 2013 01:30 Post ID: #124160 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Valencia

In answer to your questions...Michu sadly didn't score for Spain but earned his first cap against Belarus, Wales surprised even their most ardent fans and got an unlikely draw in Belgium and thankfully all our international players came back uninjured from the international break.

As for weather forecasting it really is hit or miss especially long term, thought we would be avoiding heavy showers during our break in Portsmouth this week but thankfully apart from a couple of hours rain on tuesday morning we thankfully had bright, dry and mild conditions. Great place to visit with so much history in the naval dockyards, new shopping complex and the Spinnaker tower which overlooks the whole city. Shame for them that their football team has gone backwards, there were plans for a new stadium at one time but that is no longer an option with them having plummeted from the prem, after nearly going out of business they are just glad they still have a team to support after all their financial problems.
Like post
Like this post
20 October 2013 09:24 Post ID: #124164 - in reply to #123989
Ivor Allchurch
Warsaw,Polonia
Pablo missing again yesterday,not even on the bench. Ash still out,and now Ben with an ankle injury not diagnosed yet,so not much luck on the injury front. Luckily we've got Taylor,he played really well when he replaced Ben second half.Tiendalli and Taylor the only defensive cover on the bench,no Monk as centre back cover,even though he's back in training.
Lita made his debut for Brighton yesterday,and guess what,Augustien and Orlandi are out injured again.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (30): « First
2 3 4 ... Last »
Jump to forum: