Swansea City Forum - A - Z Footballers
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: There's 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't
- (Added by: KevinE)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Vote for your man of the match vs Leicester City
Suggested By:
Fabianski96%
Naughton0%
Fernandez0%
Mawson2%
Olsson0%
Britton0%
Sanches0%
Carroll0%
Ayew0%
Abraham0%
Narsingh0%
Ki0%
Dyer2%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W11
2.GThomas5
3.Dennis Downing3
4.yugo231
5.Vital Swansea City1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (122): « First ... 118 119 120
122 Last »
A - Z Footballers
15 September 2013 18:42 Post ID: #123732 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Nani

We see more and more foreign ownership not only in the premier league, most have put money in in vast quantities but the return is not always as good as they would hope eg Blackburn Rovers. I wonder if their fans wish that they still had their previous chairman, a local man who ploughed his fortune into getting his team to the very top of the premier league. We on the other hand do not have anyone within our board who is that rich although MM is not badly off, however seems we are now giving all board members a regular dividend for their troubles which as I said before does not feel right to me. If things go pear shaped one day then I think questions will be asked as to why the money was not used to strengthen the team further.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
15 September 2013 18:46 Post ID: #123733 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Nani

We see more and more foreign ownership not only in the premier league, most have put money in in vast quantities but the return is not always as good as they would hope eg Blackburn Rovers. I wonder if their fans wish that they still had their previous chairman, a local man who ploughed his fortune into getting his team to the very top of the premier league. We on the other hand do not have anyone within our board who is that rich although MM is not badly off, however seems we are now giving all board members a regular dividend for their troubles which as I said before does not feel right to me. If things go pear shaped one day then I think questions will be asked as to why the money was not used to strengthen the team further.
Like post
Like this post
15 September 2013 18:47 Post ID: #123734 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Thread fault
Like post
Like this post
15 September 2013 18:47 Post ID: #123735 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Thread fault
Like post
Like this post
15 September 2013 18:47 Post ID: #123736 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Thread fault
Like post
Like this post
16 September 2013 08:42 Post ID: #123740 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Obertan,Gabriel (Newcastle)
A good point.Vasquez was brought in on loan because we couldn't afford to buy another striker outright,so the boards bonus payments did affect the amount of money available to purchase players,and even any money put aside for ground expansion.Our man on the board must have voted in favour of the bonus payments,although we'll never know for sure,which is a strange situation given that he was elected to represent our interests.
Like post
Like this post
17 September 2013 10:14 Post ID: #123746 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Pablo Hernandez
A great game last night,and in the end we should have won.We would have won if Mr Shelvey hadn't gifted them two goals,but hopefully his erratic play will settle down with more games. Capacity crowd,full away end creating a great atmosphere,and I'm proud of the team we have assembled,and the way we are able to compete with the best. Great football by both sides. Crap reffing yet again by Oliver and that goes for 90% of these PL refs. We were playing the form team and top of the table side,yet we matched them and at times bettered them,very pleasing.
Like post
Like this post
20 September 2013 10:02 Post ID: #123779 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Absolutely fantastic win last night,it's got to be one the best wins in our 100 year history as a football club. We completely outplayed Valencia. Some may say they only had ten men,but sometimes it can be harder to play against ten men,ask Forest,where we played almost 90 mins with ten men,in the Championship play offs,and almost won that game,0-0 on the night.
You can only be as good as the opposition let you be,and we didn't give Valencia an inch,as we kept possession,and proceeded to run rings around them.
Clark Carlisle and Gordon Strachan waxing lyrical about the Swans play last night on TV,and deservedly so.
There'll be some big hangovers this morning,as our fans make their way home after partying last night!
Let's not get distracted from our main aim though,which is to get points on the board at Palace on Sunday,I'll be there,hoping we can do just that.
Like post
Like this post
21 September 2013 21:04 Post ID: #123794 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Quentin Fortune

Am only now coming back down to earth after what has to be one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had supporting the Swans. From the moment we arrived in Valencia there was a feel good factor amongst our fans, the weather was fantastic, the Spaniards were friendly and knowledgable of our team and there was a general sense that there was no pressure and we were there just to enjoy the occasion.

We'd been to check out the location of the stadium the day before and although now old it was still very impressive even from the outside. We could see the steps inside going higher and higher and we knew we would need all our stamina to reach the summit so decided not to indulge in too much sangria on the day. Having bought a cheap three day metro card we were able to take in some of the sites of this beautiful city including the cathedral, the huge indoor food market as well as join the army of fans gathered in the Plaza de Reina at the Irish Bar for a get together prior to kick off.

The game itself was one that will live forever in my memory, outplayed them totally from start to finish infront of another watching world wide audience who would have thought it. Just love this period in our history and Thursday night is up there as one of my favourite ever moments.

Would have loved to have had a few more days to visit more of the city but time was limited and we had come first and foremost to watch the Swans. My younger son and his girlfriend (now fiancee having got engaged in Valencia on the night before the game) are there until tomorrow, wish now I had stayed longer particularly as the weather here this morning was misty and drizzly so unlike the beautiful blue skies and sunshine my friend and I left behind yesterday. We had to get back though because of the Palace game, know some who are travelling straight from Spain to London today or tomorrow however so suppose we could have dong that instead of having to travel back up to London again early tomorrow morning.

Like post
Like this post
23 September 2013 10:07 Post ID: #123809 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Remy,Christopher
You wer literally coming back down to earth after you watched the match up in the sky,it looks immense that stadium. Plenty of compliments coming in after that brilliant result,even the doubting thomas's have been converted,ones such as Stan Collymore,waxing lyrical yesterday about our performances this week.
And what about Mark Lawrenson predicting a defeat for us again yesterday,every time he does that we win,keep it up Mark.
The match yesterday was a continuation of Thursday,and was just a matter of how many we'd score. Another great start with an early goal and we were full of confidence with Chico striking the post and a host of chances going begging,such was our superiority. The only little downer yesterday was Rooney scoring that consolation goal,if he hadn't scored we would have gone above Man Utd in the table for the first time since we've been promoted.Still,we are now in 9th position,and hitting some great form in the last few games.
What an old stadium Palace is,with it's wooden seating.Friendly fans and staff there,though,and both sets of fans mixing in the pubs,no problem,unlike some London clubs like Arsenal,with all the pubs but one,home fans only.
Ash was limping at the end,hopefully not too serious.I think he'll be rested for Wednesday.
Like post
Like this post
24 September 2013 01:38 Post ID: #123814 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Stan Collimore

Shame we got so little coverage of the game on MOTD but for us that were there it was a joy to watch. I've been to Palace a few times now and it is one of the more friendly stadiums and fair play to their fans who kept up a constant barrage of noise despite their side being completely turned over.

We were listening to the City v United game on the bus radio on the way home and there were a few groans when Rooney's goal dropped us down a place. However when we heard that Spurs had got that late winner at Cardiff there was sheer elation, it still means so much that we are ahead of our neighbours. Goodness knows what tension there will be amongst our fans when we actually play them on November 3rd and the return home game later in the season.
Like post
Like this post
24 September 2013 08:26 Post ID: #123818 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Tom Cleverley
MOTD will always show the top clubs first,so if you're not playing one of them you're on last.The obsession is with either the top London or the two Manchester clubs,both radio and tv.For local radio and tv it's rugby,cricket,or the bluebirds.
Birmingham up next then,I wonder if Bartley will play against us on Wednesday,surely not,there must be a clause in the loan deal that stops him playing.
Like post
Like this post
24 September 2013 16:50 Post ID: #123825 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Upson (Matthew)

Bartley is out because of the clause as is another loanee, can't see him coming back as he was more or less frozen out last season. Know very little about Birmingham these days so have no idea how good they are, did read that we have only ever won there once before so will be tough if we just play our fringe players. Their manager Lee Clarke has been giving us glowing praise but will have a plan to try and disrupt our play, with us being cup holders it would be nice to progress but going for points against Arsenal on Saturday has to be our priority.
Like post
Like this post
25 September 2013 10:15 Post ID: #123841 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Verratti,Marco
I thought Bartley showed a lot of promise last season,but was never forgiven after the 5-0 debacle playing alongside Monk at Liverpool.I think he's doing the right thing,playing in the Championship every week,getting game time and more experience. This is the trouble if you're a fringe player and not getting games,you lose match sharpness.
Very vary of Birmingham,but we have to beat these teams to progress,certainly not an easy game. I wish I was going now.
Looking forward to Saturday though,and pitting our wits against the league leaders Arsenal.
Like post
Like this post
26 September 2013 17:03 Post ID: #123855 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Williams (Ashley)

Will be glad to see our regular back four return on Saturday, hopefully Ash will return alongside Chico who was showing signs of great frustration from the bench at St Andrews last night. Can only imagine how Michu was feeling as he was also an unused sub, not so sure that our manager was that concerned having made ten changes from Sunday. Publically he will have said he was unhappy but he now can concentrate on the Premier League and the Europa competition which are of much more importance to us right now.
Like post
Like this post
26 September 2013 18:57 Post ID: #123859 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Xu Jingjie
Amen to that.Boy we could have done with someone who could put the ball in the back of the net last night. This defeat is a wake up call,and confidence should still be high. Let's hope we remain injury free,as the back up players have let us down. Just saw the goals on the news.dreadful marking for all three.
Like post
Like this post
27 September 2013 16:32 Post ID: #123870 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Thread fault
Like post
Like this post
Pages (122): « First ... 118 119 120
122 Last »
Jump to forum: