Swansea City Forum - A - Z Footballers
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: 'If you don't believe you can win, there is no point in getting out of bed at the end of the day.' - Neville Southall
- (Added by: KevinE)
Current Poll (see more polls)
What will the result be vs Bournemouth?
Suggested By:
Swansea City win29%
Draw14%
Bournemouth win57%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W15
2.Dennis Downing7
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.jonno11
6.GThomas1
7.david1
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (122): « First ... 116 117 118
120 121 122 Last »
A - Z Footballers
27 August 2013 20:48 Post ID: #123574 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Suarez,Luis
The programme said Marriner,maybe I should have gone to specsavers. Horrible ref as you said,but we have to wise up to these players inviting the tackle so they can collapse in a heap and get free kicks near the oppositions goal area. Refs too are very inconsistent with stopping these conmen and definitely favour the big teams as we've seen innumerable times.
Bale was renowned for it,until the refs started either ignoring him or booking him for his dives,so Spurs have previous on this trait that's plaguing the PL.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
02 September 2013 00:44 Post ID: #123606 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Tommy Butler

Been a busy few days with the long trip to Rumania which was quite an experience returning in the early hours of Saturday morning. Thank goodness we had a four goal cushion as I think we may have struggled otherwise with the fanatical Rumanian fans backing their team throughout the game. We progressed however which was the main thing and now have the prospect of at least another six games..

Moving on to Sunday at West Brom it was certainly a much deserved win, think we all breathed a sigh of relief when Pablo's goal went in to make it 2-0 as although we were dominant we had up to that point failed to kill the game off. Good to go into the international break with our first league win, our players could do with a short break but unfortunately we have several playing for their countries once again and I hope it doesn't disrupt our preparations for the Liverpool game too much.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 2/9/2013 00:45
Like post
Like this post
02 September 2013 09:14 Post ID: #123609 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Uf*k Talay
Second half Petrolul threw everything at us,and it was disappointing to lose,it maybe shows our squad players are not as strong as we thought. Amat let their striker move in front of him for any easy header to win the match,Chico playing their striker on side for their first goal.
West Brom,great win after all the flak some players have been taking. Jack Army in full voice,loudest for a while. Nice to have an early kick off and get home early as well,especially with three points in the bag,and off the bottom of the table. We stood throughout the match,as a lot of fans like to do,but I'd prefer to sit myself.
Bony still not played a whole match,was it a tactical substitution yesterday or is he carrying an injury.We seemed to play better with the changes,and a great lay back ball for Pablo to clinch the game.
Very disappointing that Ki has gone to a rival club,as I thought we looked much better when he came on as sub against Petrolul.Hopefully he'll come back in January raring to go.
As the transfer window closes,will it be Odemwingie,Ngog,or Alvaro? The latter for me,he's still young,whereas the others have flaws,Odemwingie too old and disruptive,Ngog poor goalscoring record at Bolton. Or will it be a name not mentioned yet,only hours to go before we find out.
Like post
Like this post
03 September 2013 10:12 Post ID: #123621 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Vernon,Roy
Strange,my post is not showing as the last post since yesterday,yet it's showing on here.
Got my "Travelling Jacks" free scarf yesterday,and a fine one it is too,with purple and yellow inlaid. They should start giving away more freebies for away supporters,if the West Brom match was anything to go by,the support was the best for some time and very vocal,and the players duly responded. Now we need to capture that atmosphere and bring it to the home games and be the twelfth man,instead of the ref.
There were some good players floating around the loan market yesterday,and I'm disappointed we didn't go for Lukaku or Borini,maybe wages were a stumbling block.There was talk of Gylfi going on loan too.
Like post
Like this post
03 September 2013 22:31 Post ID: #123628 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
William Gallas

Lukaku would have been a great signing but he would have wanted far more game time than we could offer him, would also think that his wages and loan fee would have been out of our price structure. Borini has been discarded by Rodgers having paid around £11 mill for the striker, I would have liked to see his return to us but maybe we are looking through rose tinted glasses. He was great in the championship season for us but failed to impress for the Reds at prem level.

Agree about the level of support we had at West Brom, we seem to have lost some of the passion at the Liberty even when we were playing our first league game against Man U. With another thirteen days until we play again am hoping that the fans will be desperate to see us play Liverpool and will give the team our full and vociferous backing.
Like post
Like this post
03 September 2013 22:35 Post ID: #123629 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
William Gallas

Lukaku would have been a great signing but he would have wanted far more game time than we could offer him, would also think that his wages and loan fee would have been out of our price structure. Borini has been discarded by Rodgers having paid around £11 mill for the striker, I would have liked to see his return to us but maybe we are looking through rose tinted glasses. He was great in the championship season for us but failed to impress for the Reds at prem level.

Agree about the level of support we had at West Brom, we seem to have lost some of the passion at the Liberty even when we were playing our first league game against Man U. With another thirteen days until we play again am hoping that the fans will be desperate to see us play Liverpool and will give the team our full and vociferous backing.
Like post
Like this post
03 September 2013 22:53 Post ID: #123630 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Faulty thread
Like post
Like this post
03 September 2013 22:53 Post ID: #123631 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Faulty thread
Like post
Like this post
03 September 2013 22:54 Post ID: #123632 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Trying for third time to get my post to show up....
Like post
Like this post
04 September 2013 10:28 Post ID: #123636 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Yossi Benayoun
Massive money spent by some of the big clubs this summer,including our next opponents Liverpool -
Luis Alberto 6.8m,Iago Aspas 7m(stolen from under our noses),Simon Mignoley 10m,Tiago llori 7m,Mamadou Sakho 13m,total 43.8m,but they recouped some of that with the sale of Carrol,Shelvey,Downing,and Spearing,worth 28.5m.Good business by Rodgers,actually spending less than us this summer.
Suarez didn't go in the end,so an unhappy player forced to see out his contract,as per Rooney. Are clubs getting tough with these big time Charlies.
Like post
Like this post
04 September 2013 18:01 Post ID: #123641 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Fault

Edited by Swan_Lady2 4/9/2013 18:04
Like post
Like this post
04 September 2013 18:02 Post ID: #123642 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Zidane

I believe the Shelvey deal was paid for with part of the money still owed for Joe Allen, most deals are never paid in full at the time of sale. Sturridge was a very good transfer for Liverpool last season, remember when Rodgers was here he tried to get him to the Liberty on loan. Moses has now come in to Anfield as well for them on loan, he failed to make an impact at Stamford Bridge but could do better under a manager that likes skillful wing men.

Talking of which found it rather sad that our fans berated Sinclair so mercilessly on Sunday, he was a great asset for us and did much to get us to where we are now albeit mostly in the championship. No doubt he has some regrets choosing to go the Man City instead of working under Laudrup, I knew it was the wrong move but for him (or was it his ex girlfriend) it was the prestige of being a player for a top club and earning a much higher wage. But is it really all about money...he had it all here but got advised or persuaded to move and I bet he had many thoughts in his head sitting on the bench on Sunday having been subbed for an uninspired home debut at the Hawthorns.
Like post
Like this post
07 September 2013 08:22 Post ID: #123647 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
It seems my post in reply on 5/9 has disappeared.I wonder if it will re-appear when I submit this one.
Disappointing Wales show last night,some players just not good enough.
Ticket system fiasco wearing the fans down and has to be overhauled,you never hear of other clubs having problems.
Silly money required for Strachan Travel's day trip to Valencia from Cardiff,£349,not including match ticket!
Like post
Like this post
07 September 2013 23:22 Post ID: #123652 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Adam Matthews

Yes I did watch the Wales game and it was frustrating as there were chances to win it, why Bale wasn't brought on when we were chasing the game is anyones guess. Why leave him sitting on the bench, seems ridiculous so would like Coleman's explanation. Worse still was the 1-0 loss to San Marino by the under 21's, why did the FAW sack Brian Flynn when he was doing such a good job up to the point of his departure.

As for the price charged for a one day trip it does not surprise me, trying to make money out of ordinary fans seems to be the order of the day. I know this trip is not run by the club but they have endorsed it via the official site so are partly responsible for advertising it at such an extortionate cost. I booked a three day trip with accommodation for less but some who are not computer literate don't have the option and get fleeced every time.

Like post
Like this post
07 September 2013 23:24 Post ID: #123653 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Adam Matthews

Yes I did watch the Wales game and it was frustrating as there were chances to win it, why Bale wasn't brought on when we were chasing the game is anyones guess. Why leave him sitting on the bench, seems ridiculous so would like Coleman's explanation. Worse still was the 1-0 loss to San Marino by the under 21's, why did the FAW sack Brian Flynn when he was doing such a good job up to the point of his departure.

As for the price charged for a one day trip it does not surprise me, trying to make money out of ordinary fans seems to be the order of the day. I know this trip is not run by the club but they have endorsed it via the official site so are partly responsible for advertising it at such an extortionate cost. I booked a three day trip with accommodation for less but some who are not computer literate don't have the option and get fleeced every time.

Like post
Like this post
08 September 2013 09:24 Post ID: #123657 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Bill Foulkes
I commented much the same about the Wales Under 21's in the other thread,before seeing your comments.
Coleman says he only put Bale on the bench to frighten the opposition? Why was he travelling anyway, if injured and unable to play?
The Strachan Travel would interest some supporters who are not bothered about the cost and have work commitments and can't stay overnight,but maybe not enough of them to fill a plane.
Regarding ticket prices for Europa League games,I read that Wigan are offering free admission for home matches.
Like post
Like this post
08 September 2013 14:20 Post ID: #123658 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Clive Allen

Considering the amount of regular fans Wigan have it is no surprise that DW is offering free admission...

With regard to the ticket pricing, ticket office problems etc Thursday seems a good time to have the Trust forum which will enable fans to put across their grievances etc. What ML will make of it I don't know, he's there to talk about the team yet there may be little time for that discussion with so many off field complaints from fans.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (122): « First ... 116 117 118
120 121 122 Last »
Jump to forum: