Swansea City Forum - A - Z Footballers
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: I'd like to play for an Italian club, like Barcelona.' - Mark Draper
- (Added by: sbrjack)
Current Poll (see more polls)
What will the result be vs Bournemouth?
Suggested By:
Swansea City win29%
Draw5%
Bournemouth win66%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W15
2.Dennis Downing7
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.jonno11
6.GThomas1
7.david1
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (122): « First ... 115 116 117
119 120 121 Last »
A - Z Footballers
21 August 2013 10:37 Post ID: #123478 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Ian Dowie
United fans have copied that chant from somewhere.It's annoying,but effective,as it drowned out our singing,especially after the two goals put a damper on things.
Malmo fans were realy noisy,but after our goals were not quite so loud,but chanted until the end.
It will be hard to get the fans excited about an unheard of European team,but a few goals may get us back our enthusiasm.
The weather was really bad on Saturday,my umbrella blew inside out walking against the strong wind and rain outside the West Stand,and I threw it to one side in temper,where there were already three others discarded,they'd all gone by the time I came out.The rain was even driving into the stand,and we were getting wet,exceptional,as we're usually far enough up to keep dry in rainy conditions. Typical August weather for the third year in a row. I remember getting drenched walking back to the car after our first PL match at Man City in August two years ago.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
21 August 2013 14:45 Post ID: #123483 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
John Hartson

Yes it was a terrible day on Saturday, we got there early so went over to the Morfa shops but on the way back over the bridge the rain was coming down in torrents and the wind made it even worse. Once inside the East stand it wasn't so bad, I sit in the upper tier so was protected but everyone in the lower tier looked like drowned rats. Such a shame as the weather was lovely on the days before and after, typical but it sort of summed up the day we had.
Like post
Like this post
22 August 2013 08:53 Post ID: #123492 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Keith Curle
With 11 days to go to the transfer window end,can we keep Michu and Williams. There has been no contact from Arsenal,but someone is leaking information there that they may make a 35 mill bid.
Once the window closes,we can relax until January,when the speculation starts all over again. This is the lot of smaller clubs like ours,and it's up to us to keep on finding the bargains.
No one is irreplaceable at our club,and this seems to be the thinking of our manager. Although he doesn't want anybody to leave,he will not stop them. Problem is there's such a short time to get adequate replacements. I don't understand why these clubs can't do their business early on in the season,last minute dealing smacks of desperation.
Sunny day for the match,as early cloud drifts away,unusual weather for August as global warming loosens it's grip temporarily,back to cloud and rain tomorrow though.
Like post
Like this post
22 August 2013 09:37 Post ID: #123493 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Duplicate post - everything frozen on the submit post button

Edited by keith margam 22/8/2013 09:43
Like post
Like this post
22 August 2013 09:37 Post ID: #123494 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
44 mins frozen on submit button,went away and came back still frozen,closed site and re-entered and found post had been submitted twice,hard work this.

Edited by keith margam 22/8/2013 09:50
Like post
Like this post
22 August 2013 15:43 Post ID: #123503 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Having problems posting myself this afternoon, will leave a message for Kevin to see if anything can be done...

Leon Britton

Beautiful afternoon hopefully will encourage a few more people to attend tonight, apparently it will be extremely warm in Rumania next week...
Like post
Like this post
22 August 2013 15:50 Post ID: #123504 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Having problems posting myself this afternoon, will leave a message for Kevin to see if anything can be done...

Leon Britton

Beautiful afternoon hopefully will encourage a few more people to attend tonight, apparently it will be extremely warm in Rumania next week...
Like post
Like this post
22 August 2013 15:52 Post ID: #123505 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch

Leon Britton

Like post
Like this post
23 August 2013 09:09 Post ID: #123510 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Michael Carrick
Well played last night,albeit against mediocre opposition on the night,or we certainly made them look so. Routs unlucky not to get his hat trick,and a cracking overhead kick from Grozav,for their goal,his sixth in the competition.Manager Contra,one of ML's former players at Getafe,couldn't explain why they were beaten so convincingly and said the scoreline was surprising,as there wasn't that big a difference between PL and Rumanian football. Disappointing crowd of 12.5k,when you consider fans are constantly complaining they can't get tickets to watch the Swans in action.
Spurs won 0-5 away at Dynamo Tbilisi,in Georgia last night,with Bale and several first teamers missing,lets hope they're still travel weary on Sunday.
Saw part of the highlights on S4C,and all the goals. Bony's goal has been credited as an own goal by their keeper,he spilled a shot from Bony,and it should be his.
Like post
Like this post
23 August 2013 17:32 Post ID: #123517 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Thread fault
Like post
Like this post
23 August 2013 17:43 Post ID: #123518 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Nani

Yes a thoroughly convincing win for us though that late goal from Grozav was a cracking effort and did dampen our result a little. Michu is so focused and his delight at scoring was there for all to see, we must hang on to him at all costs as he is a vital cog in our wheel. Unlucky night for Bony with things not going quite his way but he played his part in what was a moral boosting victory. As for the crowd I have to lay some blame towards the club and lack of ticket information. There was a delay in sales and they should have been available to all from the ticket office once the season ticket had a day to pick theirs up. We need a professional person to go in and sort out the marketing of games and make sure that information is up to date and fans are informed accordingly.
Like post
Like this post
24 August 2013 10:34 Post ID: #123523 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Osvaldo Ardilles
38 minutes to submit last post and open this one.
The club board have gone very quiet on all things to do with the club. Maybe they are too busy counting the money from their second self rewarded payout of 1 mill bonus,which they have yet to announce officially. We are not the supporters run club we like to think ourselves to be anymore. The fans reward is a free scarf,but you have to buy a West Brom ticket first.That 2 mill bonus could have gone towards extending the stadium this close season,instead of next,there could be repercussions in the future.
Michu's face after scoring that goal was a delight to see,he shows great passion. At the match end he wasn't happy though,shaking his head several times as he walked off. I assume he thinks we should have kept possession better in the last few minutes and prevented that goal,rather than speculative long passes that went astray,gifting Petrolul possession.
No WBA tickets received yet.
Like post
Like this post
24 August 2013 18:01 Post ID: #123531 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Portsmouth

No tickets arrived for the Petrolul away game this morning so my friend who booked the four we ordered went down to find out what was happening as we are leaving late tuesday night. Was told that they should be received by post on tuesday (because of postal delay on bank holiday monday)....around 3pm a call was received saying could tickets be collected today before 4pm from ticket office, it was too late as my friend had no transport. It means I'll have to go down again now on tuesday morning to collect them despite us having paid £6 for p&p (which I intend to ask for the return of)...you really can't believe the incompetence that is going on down there right now.
Like post
Like this post
24 August 2013 18:02 Post ID: #123532 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Portsmouth

No tickets arrived for the Petrolul away game this morning so my friend who booked the four we ordered went down to find out what was happening as we are leaving late tuesday night. Was told that they should be received by post on tuesday (because of postal delay on bank holiday monday)....around 3pm a call was received saying could tickets be collected today before 4pm from ticket office, it was too late as my friend had no transport. It means I'll have to go down again now on tuesday morning to collect them despite us having paid £6 for p&p (which I intend to ask for the return of)...you really can't believe the incompetence that is going on down there right now.
Like post
Like this post
26 August 2013 09:45 Post ID: #123541 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Queen of the South
Well where do we start,the homer ref,the cheating Spurs players,or our managers tactics.
That horribly biased ref was at it again yesterday,Spurs players collapsing in heaps to get free kicks,and Mariner duly obliging,whilst booking four of our players,and letting their players dive into the tackle at will.
Team set up and tactics all wrong,sitting back against a Spurs side,madness. Midfield full of non tacklers.Best players on the bench.Subs came on too late,and after they'd scored.
Full backs routed,with no support from our wingers,who drifted into midfield and left the wings exposed.
Long balls,stray passes,couldn't keep the ball,no cohesion between players.
Only Vorm saved us from a hammering.
Never mind,our long awaited dynamic second striker is coming to save the day,after we tabled a two million pound offer for a 32 year old has been,who tried to sell himself to QPR last season,and has gone through the whole of the transfer window without anybody enquiring after him.
Rant over.
Like post
Like this post
26 August 2013 10:11 Post ID: #123542 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Queen of the South
Well where do we start,the homer ref,the cheating Spurs players,or our managers tactics.
That horribly biased ref was at it again yesterday,Spurs players collapsing in heaps to get free kicks,and Mariner duly obliging,whilst booking four of our players,and letting their players dive into the tackle at will.
Team set up and tactics all wrong,sitting back against a Spurs side,madness. Midfield full of non tacklers.Best players on the bench.Subs came on too late,and after they'd scored.
Full backs routed,with no support from our wingers,who drifted into midfield and left the wings exposed.
Long balls,stray passes,couldn't keep the ball,no cohesion between players.
Only Vorm saved us from a hammering.
Never mind,our long awaited dynamic second striker is coming to save the day,after we tabled a two million pound offer for a 32 year old has been,who tried to sell himself to QPR last season,and has gone through the whole of the transfer window without anybody enquiring after him.
Rant over.
Like post
Like this post
26 August 2013 16:59 Post ID: #123555 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Robert Flack

The ref was Swarbrick not Mariner but from the first minute we could tell what his agenda was, so frustrating to be constantly pulled up for non fouls or not given decisions that were merited. Think we will struggle even more this season as refs continue to show their true colours particularly favouring the more fancied sides. Was disappointed with the Spurs tactics as they have not been known for being a cheating side in the past but certain foreigners that come in to the prem seem to be bring their own standards with them...

As for us well much to ponder about, we were lucky to be on equal terms at the break but we did have a couple of decent chances ourselves and Chico was very unlucky with a fierce drive that Lloris brilliantly turned away. If all our players had his heart and passion we would be in a much stronger position, there are certain players like JDG who I find totally frustrating for their lazy attitude and was disappointed to see him in the side yesterday. I've said that Shelvey is a player that likes to show off and yesterday his passing was very poor as he over hit passes time and time again, he plays for himself and not the team which is why I didn't want him to come here, our ethic is to play as a team and that is what has got us to where we are now.

Oh well, I'm off to Rumania tomorrow night so let's hope we can progress through without any injuries or bookings for our players.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 26/8/2013 17:04
Like post
Like this post
Pages (122): « First ... 115 116 117
119 120 121 Last »
Jump to forum: