Swansea City Forum - A - Z Footballers
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: 'Leeds is a great club and it's been my home for years, even though I live in Middlesbrough.' - Jonathan Woodgate
- (Added by: sbrjack)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Vote for your man of the match vs Burnley
Suggested By:
Fabianski46%
Naughton0%
Fernandez0%
Mawson0%
Olsson0%
Fer0%
Clucas0%
Sanches24%
Ayew0%
Abraham0%
Dyer17%
Bony13%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W15
2.Dennis Downing7
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.jonno11
6.GThomas1
7.david1
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (122): « First ... 114 115 116
118 119 120 Last »
A - Z Footballers
13 August 2013 10:46 Post ID: #123385 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Umenyiora,Osi
Rooney is pushing to start on Sat,he's hoping to prove himself fit on Wednesday,when he plays for England,after missing the pre-season matches for United. He still wants to leave though,with Chelsea favourites,if United let him go.
How did Aspas look?We were robbed of him by the predator,when a deal was almost done.Suarez leaving could mean further disruption for us.
A bit worrying with Bony out in the States with Ivory Coast,who are playing Mexico in a friendly on Wednesday,he's going to be jet lagged for Saturday. Plenty of our other players in action as well. Jazz called up for Wales,joining Davies,Taylor and Williams.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
13 August 2013 16:31 Post ID: #123389 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Veron

Aspas was ok but have to say I prefer our new signing Bony who seems stronger and is very classy, does seem a ridiculous situation to have more or less every country playing friendly games just three days before our new season starts. Heard it will be the last time this happens which is just as well, do hope it doesn't affect our preparations too much, of course Man U have a host of players away on international duty as well so both teams may find it tough on Saturday.

Looking forward to the start of our new campaign, many are tipping us to finish higher than last time but this might be our undoing. Expectations should be tempered as we have a host European games to fit in if we progress past the Rumanians so I'd be very happy with a decent league showing and a few heartwarming wins abroad.
Like post
Like this post
14 August 2013 08:27 Post ID: #123394 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Willemse,Stan
Tough for the players involved,with all the travelling as well,eight I think from Swansea - Ki,Bony,Vorm JDG,Davies,Jazz,Williams,Shelvey.
JDG went to hospital with concussion after a blow to the head during training yesterday for the Holland match tonight,so will not play in that match,and very unlikely for Saturday.
Watched England Under 21's on BT Sport,Shelvey scored a great volley for goal number 5,had a few assists for the other goals,and stood out as their best player before being subbed on 60 mins.
I can't see Bony playing on Saturday,the Mexico v CDV match kicks off at 0200 our time on Thursday morning in USA. Ki's match,S,Korea v Peru,kicks off at 1200 today.

Edited by keith margam 14/8/2013 10:13
Like post
Like this post
14 August 2013 14:58 Post ID: #123402 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Xavi Alonso

How crazy is it that our new striker is in the US playing a meaningless friendly and likely to be missing our vital opening game. What with De Guzman already out (not that he would have started I don't think) this international "break" is ridiculous. I also watched the England under 21's game on the new BT sports channel and Shelvey was a cut above the rest in midfield, have to remember that they were only playing a young Scottish team so will be doubtful if he gets as much room against the Champions on Saturday. However his performance will do his confidence the power of good no doubt so that is a positive. One more game to concern ourselves with tonight with four of our lads in action for the Wales friendly, desperately hoping they all come through this without an injuries but why should we have to have these concerns for a stupid friendly that means nothing to either side.

Like post
Like this post
15 August 2013 09:32 Post ID: #123406 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Yaya Toure
Rumour has it that some players fell asleep during the Wales v ROI match it was so boring. This is the way Coleman's teams play,as we saw when we played Coventry a few seasons ago,boring defensive football. On the other hand the England v Scotland match was exciting and full of goals.
We will not find out if all players came through unscathed until they report for training tomorrow.
Ticketing problems have raised their ugly head again,with a load of complaints on the Forums,and the club have to take notice of the fans,not brush it under the carpet. We have a Supporters representative Huw Cooze on the Board,and he should be making sure our 20% stake voice is heard,together with PSumbler and JWhite from the Supporters Trust.We cannot hide behind Stadco's coat tails any longer,as they are poor at everything they do. From using a sub standard restaurant catering company that employ young inexperienced foreign students and charge extortionate prices for poorly prepared food,to the club shop,to the ticket office,to the concourse bars and their plastic food.
Like post
Like this post
15 August 2013 20:48 Post ID: #123416 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Zola (Gianfranco)

Cheer up Keith, at least we don't have to watch Wales play every week and have the fantastic prospect of playing last seasons Champions at home this Saturday. Yes there are problems off the field but the most important aspect of the club is what goes on on the field and have to say am really looking forward to the season ahead.

Am cautiously optimistic that we can do well and we know that Saturday will be far from easy particularly as Moyes has done us over several times in the past. It will take much determination and some of our best play to overcome United but with the backing of the crowd, a fair referee in Phil Dowd and a little luck we could just do it.
Like post
Like this post
16 August 2013 09:20 Post ID: #123420 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Anton Ferdinand
Great match in prospect tomorrow. Moyes is a wily old fox,and has had our game plan sussed out the last twice he's come here with Everton,so hopefully ML has something up his sleeve. Not so sure about Phil Dowd,but maybe without the threat of Fergie's wrath upon him if he gives a decision against Man Utd,he'll be able to ref the game fairly.
Like post
Like this post
16 August 2013 19:32 Post ID: #123424 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Ben Davies

Moyes was frantically making notes when he attended our home game against Malmo, this match will be a tester for both sides and I really believe that if we can play at our best we have a chance of overcoming United. However we have to be very wary of their best player who can make and take chances so it will be up to Ash and Chico to keep him out, do hope our Ivorian striker is available as he will take some of the pressure off Michu I feel. Be interesting to see our line up and whether Pablo will be preferred to Nathan despite having no game time through injury, expect our regular back four to be present along with Vorm in goal. I would stick with Leon, Shelvey, Michu, Routledge, Pablo (or Nathan) and Bony.

As for the ref he is one of the few I have confidence in, he is usually on the ball with his decisions and now that he has apparently lost two stone during the close season he shouldn't be huffing and puffing to keep up with play.
Like post
Like this post
17 August 2013 10:13 Post ID: #123434 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Charlie Adam
No news on Bony so assume he'll be playing,whether for the whole match,who knows.
I've been impressed with Shelvey,he's got to play today.I can't say that he stood out at Liverpool though,but he plays for us as if he's got something to prove,which can only be good for the team.
Pablo looked rejuvenated in pre-season,so he's got to play some part today. Not sure if de Guzman would have started today,after an indifferent pre-season,but now he's recuperating,and out of the equation today. There's going to be some rotation of players in the next few games,so if someone misses out today there's always the next games on Thursday and Sunday.
Leon or Canas,I think he'll stick with Leon. Davies or Taylor,I think he'll stick with Davies.
Vorm,Ben,Ash,Chico,Rangel,Britton,Routledge,Shelvey,Pablo,Michu,Bony.
Like post
Like this post
18 August 2013 19:49 Post ID: #123450 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Thread fault
Like post
Like this post
18 August 2013 19:49 Post ID: #123451 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Thread fault
Like post
Like this post
18 August 2013 19:50 Post ID: #123452 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Thread fault
Like post
Like this post
18 August 2013 19:57 Post ID: #123453 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Dennis Wise

Wish I'd kept quiet about ref Dowd, think I prefer fat Phil as he gave us nothing all game yesterday which I hope is not another indication that we will get very little from the officials this season.

Covered most of my thoughts on the main page thread, didn't like Linekar's snide remarks on MOTD but will be up against in with the media I reckon this season. Thursday will be very important for us now, need to rebuild our confidence so expect Laudrup to field a strong side. Spurs play in Minsk on the same night but reckon they will not risk their best players with a home leg to come. Having watched them v Palace this afternoon they have bought well, have some exciting talent particularly Soldado who to me looks the spit of Ferrie Bodde both facially and in his style, one to be wary of next Sunday.
Like post
Like this post
19 August 2013 08:43 Post ID: #123458 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Eden Hazard
I thought Dowd was pretty hopeless,and let United get away with some cynical tackles.
Didn't watch MOTD,too upset Sat evening,but managed to watch the Sky action recorded from Pick TV,yesterday,recorder ran out of disc at 3-0,so maybe just as well.I can watch MOTD highlights on i-player tomorrow to see what he said.We actually didn't play that badly,but were ruthlessly punished by devastating finishing and poor defending. We were slow in our build up,poor crossing the ball,and wanted to walk it into the net. Wellbeck,with only one goal last season,had a field day against Ben,who left him completely unmarked for his second of the game and their third goal.Not wishing to single out Ben because the whole back five,including Vorm (weak in the air),did not play well.
Not sure whether Leon and Canas (great clearance by Canas,from a goalbound shot,guarding the right side post) can work together,and Shelvey faded badly after a good start.
Team for Thursday,the rest of the squad must be given a chance,with Taylor,Amat,Tremmel.Pozuela and Ki,given a chance.
With Williams saying he wants Champions League football (Arsenal will run away after that performance),Vorm saying he wouldn't say no to Barcelona,and Arsenal switching attention to Michu,we have an interesting few weeks ahead.
Like post
Like this post
19 August 2013 18:23 Post ID: #123463 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Frank Lampard

What struck me was the size of the Man U squad, nearly everyone of them was six foot plus and strong with it and that is why I think Leon struggled to get any sort of foothold on the game. He will be used I'm sure for games against other less physically strong sides I reckon as he still has a lot to offer and is still one of my all time favourites. I felt Moyes had once again done his homework on us and it was evident he was using Ben's lack of height and experience to target him with high balls that Valencia a man mountain of a winger easily headed on to waiting forwards. Ash and Chico were struggling to cope particularly in the latter stages but we are not a bad side and against lesser teams we will prosper I'm sure.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 19/8/2013 18:25
Like post
Like this post
20 August 2013 08:52 Post ID: #123469 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Grant Holt
Football is all about confidence,and we need a resounding win on Thursday to get some back,ready for running the gauntlet at Spurs on Sunday.
United were a big side,and this is always a problem for us. Our goalkeeper,back four,and defensive midfield,are all short,compared to some of the giants we come up against.
Moyes is meticulous in his preparation,and attends a home match personally to suss us out before playing us,how many other managers do that?
Like post
Like this post
20 August 2013 13:36 Post ID: #123473 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Huw Lake

Our fans have a big part to play on Thursday, the noisy Man U contigent really got on my nerves on Saturday and from where I was sitting I could rarely hear the north east stand corner who are usually so noisy, I suppose those two quick goals by them before half time did dampen our enthusiasm along with the awful weather. The Rumanians won't bring more than a couple of hundred but remember even Malmo's 150 made a racket at the Liberty. Time for us to take the initiative and give the players our full support as we do when we play away from the Liberty.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (122): « First ... 114 115 116
118 119 120 Last »
Jump to forum: