Swansea City Forum - A - Z Footballers
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: 'Germany are a very difficult team to play...they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas
- (Added by: sbrjack)
Current Poll (see more polls)
What will the result be vs Bournemouth?
Suggested By:
Swansea City win25%
Draw0%
Bournemouth win75%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W15
2.Dennis Downing7
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.jonno11
6.GThomas1
7.david1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (122): « First ... 112 113 114
116 117 118 ... Last »
A - Z Footballers
29 July 2013 18:00 Post ID: #123237 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
thread fault
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
29 July 2013 18:09 Post ID: #123238 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Wilfried Bony

This is one area that concerns me as we have struggled when bombarded with high crosses from free kicks and corners, don't think there will be that much of a problem with Malmo as they tend to play their football on the floor but can see we will have to be alert when West Ham come to town.

Ben looked excellent on Saturday and for me he keeps the shirt for now, Neil will be used during the course of the season I'm sure especially in certain circumstances and maybe at right back, it is just really good to have two very good left backs. However still feel we need cover at right back as Jazz for me is not really up to the task and it showed when he was left out of the Crystal Palace side in the latter stages of last season. He may be given another chance in domestic cup games but will need to up his game if he doesn't want to be loaned out again, I know we've extended his contract but I think it was more in hope of an improvement in the coming season.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 29/7/2013 18:12
Like post
Like this post
30 July 2013 09:18 Post ID: #123244 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Xousa,David,
With Vorm relatively short for a goalkeeper at 1.83 (6' 0-3/64"),according to Wiki,we do struggle a bit against those up and under sides with giant strikers like Andy Carroll and Peter Crouch.
Jazz must have gained some good experience on loan at Palace,but is he good enough,compared to Ben,who was thrust in at the deep end here,with no experience at all,and just look at him now.
Like post
Like this post
30 July 2013 09:18 Post ID: #123245 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Xousa,David,
With Vorm relatively short for a goalkeeper at 1.83 (6' 0-3/64"),according to Wiki,we do struggle a bit against those up and under sides with giant strikers like Andy Carroll and Peter Crouch.
Jazz must have gained some good experience on loan at Palace,but is he good enough,compared to Ben,who was thrust in at the deep end here,with no experience at all,and just look at him now.
Like post
Like this post
30 July 2013 19:29 Post ID: #123249 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Yossi Benaoun

Wonder who will be in the starting line up on Thursday and if Ash will be included....if he plays then it would more or less guarantee that he is staying as he'd be cup tied otherwise. Really hope his name is on the teamsheet and he leads us out as captain in two days time and for the rest of this important season. Seems Chico might not have fully recovered so Amat should get the nod ahead of Garry who will probably be used sparingly this season, great servant that he has been his best days are behind him and we can't risk not putting out our strongest team in the most important games.
Like post
Like this post
30 July 2013 19:49 Post ID: #123250 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Yossi Benaoun

Wonder who will be in the starting line up on Thursday and if Ash will be included....if he plays then it would more or less guarantee that he is staying as he'd be cup tied otherwise. Really hope his name is on the teamsheet and he leads us out as captain in two days time and for the rest of this important season. Seems Chico might not have fully recovered so Amat should get the nod ahead of Garry who will probably be used sparingly this season, great servant that he has been his best days are behind him and we can't risk not putting out our strongest team in the most important games.
Like post
Like this post
31 July 2013 08:18 Post ID: #123254 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Zlatan Ibrahimovic
I read an article today that says Malky Mackay is after Steven Caulker,valued at 7.5 mill,and that Cardiff and Spurs are in talks on a deal. Surprised at that,because I thought AVB valued Caulker highly.
At 1.91m (6' 3-13/64") Caulker would solve our problems with high balls. Annoyingly Arsenal are keeping us dangling,and rumours are still rife of a bid for Ash. If he were to go,Caulker would be a ready made replacement,and would be just what we need to slot in effortlessly,already knowing our system well.
When we get Academy 1 status,there will be plenty of coaching jobs on offer to enable Garry to move over to the coaching side.
Like post
Like this post
31 July 2013 21:10 Post ID: #123261 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Andy Legg

As I mentioned on the main board maybe there is a non football reason for Caulker being moved on very suddenly...maybe I'm wrong but it seems very odd that they are prepared to let one of their future stars go so readily. Whatever the reason am sick that our neighbours have got themselves a very good centre back though why he would want to go to them (apart from the wages) is a mystery. They play nothing like Spurs or us so he will not use all of his footballing skills, his heading will be in evidence though and seems they'll certainly need him after some very bad pre season friendly game results.
Like post
Like this post
01 August 2013 10:21 Post ID: #123268 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Brian Laudrup
I'm also surprised at why Spurs would let him go,and why he would pick newly promoted Cardiff. It's not as if Spurs are short of money,and they are about to get a huge cash injection when Bale goes to Madrid,apparently the clubs are in talks.
We always wished that Caulker would join us,but thought that he was unobtainable,and too valued at Spurs for them to sell him,especiclly after his cap for England. This one was kept very quiet,how on earth did Mackay find out that he was available,and did our club know about it.
Did we know that he was available but maybe ML thought that he was too slow for our back four. I thought that he was great asset whilst he was here,and it's a shame that he's gone down the road,but what a brilliant signing for them. If Williams does go,maybe we'll regret not going for Caulker,but too late now.
Good luck for our team tonight v Malmo,looking forward to a great atmosphere and a resounding win to take to Sweden for the second leg next week.
Like post
Like this post
01 August 2013 16:36 Post ID: #123275 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Cristiano Ronaldo

My Spurs (and Swans) supporting son is baffled as to why Spurs would part with a young England international with great potential and why he would want to go to Cardiff of all clubs? He's really disappointed as we all are that he's settled for them when surely there must have a better option elsewhere. Not sure how he has progressed since we had him with us but he has featured for the Spurs first team on some occasions, he would have been a handy addition for us but don't think Jenkins would have considered forking out over £8 million for him. Fair play to Mackay for nipping in and getting his man, he'll definitely need him in the months ahead.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 1/8/2013 16:38
Like post
Like this post
02 August 2013 09:33 Post ID: #123283 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
David Villa
So Williams played,does this mean he's cup tied,therefore no so attractive a buy now for Arsenal,hope so,he was very impressive last night. Meanwhile "Clubcall "website keep on about our players moving, Michu being the latest this morning, they say Liverpool are preparing a bid,why do they keep on trying to undermine our players with idle gossip,so annoying.
Can we look forward to the group stages after that resounding win over Malmo last night. It will be tough out there,but as long as we keep it tight we should be okay.
Should be a great trip,the team are staying in ML country,Copenhagen,Denmark,and hopping over the causeway to Malmo Sweden,sounds like a great trip,unfortunately out of reach for most with money tight for a lot of people.
After watching our new players perform so well last night,the toughest job ML will have is picking the team every week,with so many quality players in the squad. With Pablo,Chico,and Ki, also to come back after injuries,it augers well for the new season.
I don't know if there's any money left in the kitty,but a striker loan deal looks to be the final incoming player to complete the squad,unless one of our top players is snatched from us last minute.
Like post
Like this post
02 August 2013 18:32 Post ID: #123288 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Edgar Davids

Great night last night, what a brilliant display by our team which included three new starters plus a couple more who came on as subs. They all seem to fit in really well and was particularly impressed with Pozuelo who I reckon is a steal at the price we paid. Of course Bony made a huge difference taking the pressure off Michu and even without Hernandez we were able to run rings around a useful Malmo side. Young Amat is a work in progress but showed some excellent defensive qualities and Shelvey has added a new dimension to our play with some stunning long passes plus his ability to push on and shoot (not on target as yet though).

I know it's early days but I have real belief in this squad of ours, ML has been very canny in his acquisitions and with one more striker in tow and hopefully no departures we should be well able to cope with another premier league season as well as a European campaign.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 2/8/2013 18:37
Like post
Like this post
03 August 2013 09:58 Post ID: #123292 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Falcao,Paulo
Another typical dull and wet mid summer's day in South Wales,looks as if we've had our mini summer.
I see ML is saying Pablo is in contention for the return leg,but no word on Ki and Chico,assuming Ki is injured as well.
It's hard not to get carried away with our great performances so far. We'll find out how good we really are in the coming weeks,as we take on the top PL sides,but I'm very optimistic that we'll have a good season from what I've seen so far.
Like post
Like this post
03 August 2013 17:33 Post ID: #123296 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Thread fault
Like post
Like this post
03 August 2013 17:34 Post ID: #123297 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Thread fault
Like post
Like this post
03 August 2013 17:35 Post ID: #123298 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Thread fault
Like post
Like this post
03 August 2013 17:45 Post ID: #123299 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Guy Whittingham

Thankfully the sun came out and we had a pleasant dry day, just got home to see the results in the football league which kicked off a full two weeks ahead of the premier league. It still delights me that we are no longer a lower league club, when you consider what has happened to teams like Pompey and latterly Coventry am so grateful that we have come out of the doldrums and are now a well respected premier league club due to our style of play and for the way the club is run.

By the way well done to Newport County, they have managed to claw their way back from the depths of non league football with no ground or future but thanks to a supporter who won a fortune on the lottery, a 4-1 home win for them today against Accrington in their first league two match in twenty five years.

Edited by Swan_Lady2 3/8/2013 17:48
Like post
Like this post
Pages (122): « First ... 112 113 114
116 117 118 ... Last »
Jump to forum: