Swansea City Forum - A - Z Footballers
Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Welcome to the Swansea City A.F.C. Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: 'I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel.' Stuart Pearce
- (Added by: sbrjack)
Current Poll (see more polls)
What will the result be vs Bournemouth?
Suggested By:
Swansea City win34%
Draw16%
Bournemouth win50%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Phil W15
2.Dennis Downing7
3.KevinE4
4.gorky271
5.jonno11
6.GThomas1
7.david1
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (122): « First ... 110 111 112
114 115 116 ... Last »
A - Z Footballers
15 July 2013 07:53 Post ID: #123042 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
William Gallas
We've been strongly linked to Franco di Santo,ex-Wigan,and now a free agent. At 6'4" he's tall enough to give us an alternative type of player to Bony,but his scoring record was poor at Wigan,13 goals in 92 games,and 0 goals in 8 first team games for Chelsea. Santo said he'll have big news in the next few days,with WBA and Swansea front runners.
Also Matel Vydra from Udinese,who scored for fun whilst on loan at Watford last season,is being linked to us with a season long loan.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
15 July 2013 17:34 Post ID: #123046 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Xabi Alonso

From what I've seen of di Santo for Wigan have not been that impressed, according to his twitter he is deciding between us and the Baggies...

Have to say it...how bad is womens football? Been watching bits and pieces of the Euro tournament in Sweden and have had to switch it off. Power and speed is what makes the mens game so appealing along with skill of course, the women generally pussy foot around and can't head the ball for toffee. As for the keepers they have no positional sense and most can't catch a paper bag...think I'm allowed to say it but bet most men who watch have an ulterior motive!

Edited by Swan_Lady2 15/7/2013 17:38
Like post
Like this post
15 July 2013 17:35 Post ID: #123047 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Thread fault
Like post
Like this post
15 July 2013 17:35 Post ID: #123048 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Thread fault
Like post
Like this post
15 July 2013 17:35 Post ID: #123049 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Thread fault
Like post
Like this post
16 July 2013 21:04 Post ID: #123059 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
(Amin)Younes
The new club shop is taking shape,and is a lot bigger,but still a lot of work going on there. Had a peep from the outside today,it'll be more like a PL Club Shop when finished.I thought the pitch was being dug up in parts,it looks fine to me now anyway. Also had a look at the training pitches,just a short walk alongside the river at the back of the ground,and they looked better than the bowling green further down,are they partly artificial?
Like post
Like this post
16 July 2013 22:47 Post ID: #123060 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Zidane

One of the pitches has an all weather 3G synthetic surface ideal when the weather is not as it is now. I've been to have a look at the training ground a few weeks ago and was impressed, this of course will be for the youngsters eventually after the Fairwood Training Centre is complete. The club shop needed an extension and apparently although we are still sharing with the Ospreys they will have a smaller section than the Swans, just need the correct stock now to fill it. Heard today that the home shirt I ordered has been sent out and should be arriving tomorrow so looks like they should be on general sale soon.
Like post
Like this post
17 July 2013 15:18 Post ID: #123071 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Alex Pearce
Just got my Home Hub delivered and set it up,changed just to get the free football on BT Sport.
Nice setting for the training ground,,shame about the litter on the edges of the path as you enter from the stadium.council should check,better still parents teach their offspring how to act.
They're selling off t-shirts in the Riverside Lounge for £3,originally £12.
At last they get their consignment of shirts.
Like post
Like this post
17 July 2013 16:01 Post ID: #123078 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Brian Grey

Seems a good deal as long as the broadband is fast and reliable, we've got BT broadband with our phone line but tend not to use it as we have a faster connection with Virgin. Not sure if I could get the football coverage online unless we get an upgrade will have to look into it.

Litter is a huge problem these days, always taught my kids to bring their rubbish home and so their pockets were often full of sweet wrappings etc but I didn't mind. Not sure why some parents think it's ok to throw things on the floor or from cars, even cigarette ends should be disposed of properly though ideally it would be better to ban them from sale altogether....would certainly save our NHS from having to deal with patients with smoking related illnesses. However the government would then we'd lose billions in tax but at least we would have a healthier nation and maybe less people would start taking harder drugs.
Like post
Like this post
18 July 2013 10:40 Post ID: #123087 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Colin Walsh
I am still trying to set up wi-fi,it won't accept my password,even after changing it.That's the trouble changing providers it's a load of hassle.
Will Ash being made captain deter Arsenal from coming in for him,hope so,but rumours abound.
Draw for Europa Cup tomorrow,we could be anywhere,from Turkey to Israel,to Ireland,Scotland or Wales.
You'll need a pot full of money to make those trips!
Like post
Like this post
18 July 2013 11:01 Post ID: #123091 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Dai Davies

Looking at some of the very strange football team names in the draw seems we could be playing anywhere so as you say it might be difficult to arrange a cheap flight at such short notice. Will wait and see who we get.

Trying not to look at transfer rumours now we've nearly completed our purchases, if we manage to hang on to all our best players we will have done very well but the big boys are yet to strike and we could find ourselves without our captain if circumstances work against us. We are still in the market for a second striker and numerous names have been mentioned, I'd prefer an up and coming youngster with a lot to prove but it can be a bit hit or miss with strikers as we have seen with Schecter who came with a decent record in Israel.
Like post
Like this post
19 July 2013 11:33 Post ID: #123100 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Enrico Annoni
So,di Santo & Wakaso no longer being considered,according to ML.
Here's the de Santo camp's reaction,according to the Press -
"Striker Franco di Santo is 'fuming' about Swansea manager Michael Laudrup’s decision to pull the plug on a deal to sign him.The 24-year-old Argentinian - who quit Wigan Athletic at the end of his contract - was in negotiations with the Welsh club until the Dane called the move off.Laudrup claimed Swans were looking for a “different type of striker” as he dropped his interest in the former Chelsea prospect.However di Santo and his camp are amazed as they had been talking about the move for months and Laudrup had approved the deal two months ago.Even more surprisingly, di Santo's agent was in Swansea on Tuesday to sit down with chairman Huw Jenkins to finalise personal terms.The South American is stunned by the developments, especially after being prepared to turn down West Bromwich Albion to speak to Swansea"
Magnanumous gesture by our club to let Exeter keep the gate money for next Sunday's friendly. I wonder if tonights opponents Yeovil will get the same treatment,although they are now a Championship club,so maybe not.
Like post
Like this post
19 July 2013 17:37 Post ID: #123105 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Frank Sinclair

Could so easily have been us scratching round for money had we not beaten Hull on that famous day...fair play to Exeter they have managed to get back into the league after having two rogues in charge who eventually landed up in jail.

Suppose Laudrup must have another striker in mind instead of Di Santo which is fair enough but must have been a bit awkward for Jenkins if the deal was more or less tied up. Expect many deals collapse without us ever finding out about them but this player must have been mightily peeved to have come out to express his displeasure. Glad we didn't go for him anyway as he has never impressed me at Wigan or as a youngster with Spurs.
Like post
Like this post
20 July 2013 07:40 Post ID: #123111 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Gareth Bale
Can Donnelly make the step up this season,maybe a bit early for him,although he scored again last night. We definitely need more goals in the team,so a quality alternative type of player to Bony is needed.
Dyer very close to signing a new contract according to our leader,good news,as he's a fans favourite.
Graham's gone to Hull on loan,perhaps Bruce is a better man than Di Canio and Laudrup,and can solve his personal problems. He threw away his career with us,and we let him go mid season because he was desperate to get back to Geordieland,but ironically he'll now be almost 150 miles away by moving to Hull!
Like post
Like this post
21 July 2013 10:13 Post ID: #123126 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Hadji Diouf
Speculation mounts on a successor,as Barcelona's manager Vilanova quits due to ill health. ML is one of the front runners together with AVB, and they expect to make an appointment next week. Does the rush appointment mean they've already chosen? Hopefully it's not ML,as I can't see him turning down this one,no matter what he's promised. I think it's come a bit too early for him,and he needs to get more management experience first.That's what I keep telling myself anyway!
Like post
Like this post
23 July 2013 00:00 Post ID: #123139 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Ian Drury

Seems every time a managers job comes up our manager is head of the list....I know this time it's Barca but as I said on another thread why would he leave us now when he said he'd promised the Swans players that he was staying on. Been away so haven't read much of this speculation, just as well as it is enough to drive you mad.

On another topic nice to see the new royal prince has finally arrived, glad he waited until he shared his birthday with me...we are a few years apart in age but I'll always remember today especially as I can now apply for my first bus pass...
Like post
Like this post
23 July 2013 11:32 Post ID: #123143 - in reply to #93152
Ivor Allchurch
Jack Wilshere
Well,belated birthday greetings then!
It looks as if ML is safe for now from being poached,the ten mill contract get out clause will deter a lot of clubs. He needs more experience here first,if he intends to manage one of the big clubs. He also seems to be a rare breed of manager that keeps his word by the look of it,so we can enjoy him for a least one more season.
Stirrings afoot with the big clubs starting to move for players. As the clubs players move down the pecking order,so they will become unsettled,and maybe we can grab a top striker from them on loan,for example Man City's John Guidetti.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (122): « First ... 110 111 112
114 115 116 ... Last »
Jump to forum: