Date:Friday September 28 2007
1. What is your name and how long have you been supporting Brighton?
I'm Ben Walmsley and I have been supporting the Albion since the mid 90's and have been Vital Brighton Editor for nearly 1 year.
2. Brighton currently lie in 12th place, how does this compare to the expectations in League One this season?
Probably about where I expected us to be. We have aspirations of achieving a play-off place but we will have to be far more consistent if we are to achieve it. I think we are probably looking at a mid table position this season.
3. You've lost your last 2 League games, do you think you can put things right on Saturday at the Liberty Stadium, what are your predictions for the game?
I don't think we can win on Saturday. We haven't been good enough on our travels and have failed to take our chances when they've fallen to us. In every away game so far we have lost the game in the last quarter of an hour but that's what you get when you don't make your possession count. I think we will put up a good fight on Saturday but I can see it being a Swansea win.
4. What are your views on the Swans this season and where do you expect us to finish?
You have signed some decent players by the looks of it but they just need time to gel. I think you'd be under achieving if you didn't make the play offs this year which I think your more than capable of.
5. With 4 defeats already this season, whats gone wrong so far? Is the manager not up to the job or have you failed to bring in the right players in the Summer?
We have been a bit unlucky at times but we are to blame in many ways. At times we try and walk the ball into the net which is frustrating to watch. We are a good footballing side with lots of energy, but we dont make our possession count in games and end up losing them late on.
6. What are your strengths in your team and who in particular should we look out for?
At the start of the season our defence was our strongest point but with the loss of Joel Lynch through injury we've looked a little dodgy at the back since! Our midfield is quite strong, especially the two central midfielders Dean Hammond (who has 4 goals already in League One this season) and George O'Callaghan who is on loan from Ipswich.
7. and what are your weaknesses?
Our strikers aren't performing well at the moment. Bas Savage hasn't scored yet, Nicky Forster has scored twice but is lazy, Alex Revell tries hard but he's not a 20 goal a season striker and Jake Robinson hasn't scored since last October!!!
8. You've now been given the go-ahead to build a new 22,000 all-seater stadium. What are the feelings amongst the fans on this and how long have you been waiting for a new home?
We're absolutely delighted that it's all finally going ahead. We've fought hard for it and although there is lots to prepare, it's like a huge weight has been lifted from our shoulders and we can now move onwards and upwards. There will be lots of changes in the next few years so it will be exciting times off the pitch and hopefully on the pitch as well....
Thanks to Ben for answering our questions.
You can visit Vital Brighton here
Date:Friday September 28 2007
Trundles Writes Off Michu Rumours (Saturday March 8 2014)
Rate The Players: Swansea City 1-1 Crystal Palace (Tuesday March 4 2014)
Date Confirmed For Arsenal vs Swansea City (Tuesday March 4 2014)
Monk Has 'Massive Confidence' Swansea Will Survive (Sunday March 2 2014)
Vorm Admits 'I Had To Do Better' (Sunday March 2 2014)
Pulis 'Delighted' With a Point at Swansea City (Sunday March 2 2014)
Ince Sticks By His Pre-Match Comments (Sunday March 2 2014)
Benitez: We Deserved To Go Through (Saturday March 1 2014)
75% Were Confident Of a Win At Napoli (Friday February 28 2014)
Stats: Napoli v Swansea City (Thursday February 27 2014)
|11. Aston Villa||28||8||7||13||-7||31|
|13. Hull City||28||8||6||14||-5||30|
|16. Crystal Palace||28||8||3||17||-19||27|
|U21s - Looking To Out Fox Leicester
» Aston Villa : 10/03/2014 14:23:00
|Heitinga Believes in Miracles
» Fulham : 10/03/2014 12:59:00
» Fulham : 10/03/2014 12:57:00
|Strange But True
» Chelsea : 10/03/2014 12:54:00
|Time for ENIC to go!
» Spurs : 10/03/2014 12:00:00
|The Villa Times - 10/03/2014
» Aston Villa : 10/03/2014 12:00:00
|Who's Afraid Of The Big Bad Wolf?
» Norwich : 10/03/2014 11:32:00