Date:Wednesday February 8 2012
Swansea City manager Brendan Rodgers has won the Barclays Manager of the Month Award for January after the Swans continued to impress in their debut Barclays Premier League season with two wins and a draw from their four matches.
The Ulsterman has won praise for the manner in which his side have adapted to the demands of the top flight without compromising their fluid passing style of play, which was epitomised in a thrilling 3-2 victory over Arsenal at the Liberty Stadium.
Swansea began January by registering a first away victory of the season at Aston Villa, their first away win in England`s top division since 1982. The highlight of the month then followed as Rodgers` men returned home to defeat Barclays Premier League giants Arsenal 3-2, with goals from Scott Sinclair, Nathan Dyer and Danny Graham.
Despite suffering defeat away at Sunderland, the Swans bounced back to hold Chelsea 1-1 at the Liberty Stadium, finishing the month well clear of the danger zone in 14th place.
This is the first time that Brendan Rodgers has won the Barclays Manager of the Month Award. The decision was made by the Barclays Awards Panel, which includes representatives from football`s governing bodies, the media and fans.
BRENDAN RODGERS: JANUARY BARCLAYS MANAGER OF THE MONTH:
• Brendan Rodgers was born on 26 January 1973 in Carnlough, Northern Ireland
• He began his playing career at Northern Irish side Ballymena United, later joining Reading, but he was forced to retire by injury at the age of 20
• Two years later in 1995, he was appointed manager of the Reading Academy
• Rodgers joined Chelsea in 2006, working under Jose Mourinho as youth team manager and later as reserve team manager
• He was appointed manager of Watford in November 2008, but departed to rejoin Reading in June 2009
• He left Reading in December 2009 and took a short break from the game before his appointment as Swansea City manager in July 2010
• Rodgers led Swansea to promotion to the Barclays Premier League in his first season in charge, following a 4-2 win over Reading in the Championship playoff final at Wembley
• His record in the Barclays Premier League this season is P23 W6 D9 L8
Date:Wednesday February 8 2012
Trundles Writes Off Michu Rumours (Saturday March 8 2014)
Rate The Players: Swansea City 1-1 Crystal Palace (Tuesday March 4 2014)
Date Confirmed For Arsenal vs Swansea City (Tuesday March 4 2014)
Monk Has 'Massive Confidence' Swansea Will Survive (Sunday March 2 2014)
Vorm Admits 'I Had To Do Better' (Sunday March 2 2014)
Pulis 'Delighted' With a Point at Swansea City (Sunday March 2 2014)
Ince Sticks By His Pre-Match Comments (Sunday March 2 2014)
Benitez: We Deserved To Go Through (Saturday March 1 2014)
75% Were Confident Of a Win At Napoli (Friday February 28 2014)
Stats: Napoli v Swansea City (Thursday February 27 2014)
|11. Aston Villa||28||8||7||13||-7||31|
|13. Hull City||28||8||6||14||-5||30|
|16. Crystal Palace||28||8||3||17||-19||27|
|Arsenal v Everton
» Arsenal : 08/03/2014 23:58:00
|Trundles Writes Off Michu Rumours
» Swansea : 08/03/2014 23:32:00
|City Play Out Tough Draw With Stoke
» Norwich : 08/03/2014 21:37:00
|Liverpool: Why We Should Hate Chelsea!
» Liverpool : 08/03/2014 20:48:00
|Chelsea 4 Spurs 0
» Chelsea : 08/03/2014 19:24:00
» Southampton : 08/03/2014 17:46:00
» Crystal Palace : 08/03/2014 17:40:00