Date:Sunday July 10 2011
It's now been 6 weeks since that memorable day at Wembley when Swansea City became the first Welsh team to win promotion to the Premier League, and we can now look forward to our first season in the English top flight for 30 years.
It's that time again for Vital Swansea to ask you the fans, for your thoughts on last season, pre-season and what you think will happen next year in the Premiership.
Can the Swans do the unthinkable and survive in probably the best League in the world? Are the Swans strengthening well enough to cope with the likes of Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, and our first opponents Manchester City? Can we cope without Dorus De Vries and Darren Pratley, and we're also interested in what you think about Neil Taylor, who's showing a keen desire to leave to join Newcastle United.
Anyone and everyone is invited to answer our questions and the more we receive the better.
You can answer our questions via email at email@example.com or post your answers in the forum thread here
1. We'll have to start at the Play-off Final. Firstly, were you there, and how confident did you feel that Brendan Rodgers and his team would guide us to the win and ultimately promotion to the top flight?
2. Not many people would have expected a play-off win last year when Brendan Rodgers first arrived to take over from Paulo Sousa. What were your expectations for last season before it started?
3. Darren Pratley's future was in doubt for most of the season and he later told that he felt he wasn't wanted, saying chairman Huw Jenkins showed little interest in arranging him a new contract. What are your views on this? Should the club have shown more effort to keep him last year or will we cope without him?
4. Another player to leave was our number goalkeeper Dorus De Vries. Can you blame him for joining Wolves, a team who have survived relegation in two consecutive seasons, or has he done it just for the money, as he could face a long time on the subs bench?
5. Neil Taylor looks likely to be the next player to leave. The young left back has frustrated a lot of the fans with his desire to leave after just one season with us. How has your opinion changed on Taylor, would you like him to stay and do you feel a move away could damage his career?
6. Angel Rangel and Andrea Orlandi have stayed though which delighted manager Brendan Rodgers after they both signed new contracts. How important do you think this is to the club for the new season?
7. Brendan Rodgers has done some work to release the 'dead wood' in the squad as Albert Serran, Cedric Van Der Gun, Jamie Grimes and Kerry Morgan have left. Who else do you think we should get rid of to allow more room for new, better signings?
8. Rodgers' first signing of the Summer was the £3.5m capture of Danny Graham, not surprisingly from his former club Watford. Are you happy with his arrival and are you confident he can be our main goalscorer next season?
9. Rodgers says he wants another 3 or 4 new players. Is this enough and in what positions do we need to strengthen in?
10. Swansea had an amazing season last year, one of the best ever, but they still had weaknesses in their play. Can we still be successful if we keep to our attractive style of play. And what weaknesses do we need to improve on to have more of a chance of avoiding relegation?
11. What's your prediction for the opening game of the season away at Manchester City?
12. And your prediction for where we will finish in the League next year?
Thank you to all those who have sent in their answers. They will all be published on the website soon.
Date:Sunday July 10 2011
Merson Predicts A Swansea City Win Though... (Friday November 28 2014)
No Win Prediction Again From Mark Lawrenson (Friday November 28 2014)
Injury Update: Swansea City vs Crystal Palace (Friday November 28 2014)
Britton To Wait For First Team Return? (Friday November 28 2014)
Pre-Match Stats: Swansea vs Crystal Palace (Thursday November 27 2014)
Swansea Team A vs Team B: Who Would Win!? (Thursday November 27 2014)
Monk Hopes 'Versatility' Will Help Overcome Palace (Thursday November 27 2014)
Monk Calls For Atmosphere Like Arsenal Game (Thursday November 27 2014)
Warnock: Swansea Will Be Tougher Than Liverpool (Thursday November 27 2014)
Register & Have Your Say on Vital Swansea (Wednesday November 26 2014)
|4. Man Utd||12||5||4||3||4||19|
|6. West Ham||12||5||3||4||4||18|
|Team News: Manchester United v Hull
» Hull City : 29/11/2014 06:00:00
|Team News: Swansea City v Palace
» Crystal Palace : 29/11/2014 06:00:00
|Merson Predicts A Swansea City Win Though...
» Swansea : 28/11/2014 23:07:00
|No Win Prediction Again From Mark Lawrenson
» Swansea : 28/11/2014 21:48:00
|Kaikai Also Gets Loan Move
» Crystal Palace : 28/11/2014 21:25:00