Championship Q & A: Derby County
Rob Bentley from Vital Derby shares his views on this season in the Championship.
1. Your name and Club Supported
Rob Bentley - Derby County
2. Your League Position last season
3. Your Prediction For this Season's Position Finish
4. Transfers In
Jake Buxton, Lee Croft, Ben Pringle, Dean Moxey. Saul Deeney, Shaun Barker,
5. Transfer Out
Emanuel Villa, Liam Dickinson, Lewin Nyatanga, Tyrone Mears, Lewis Price (loan)
6. Have you made enough signings for the new season? Are they the right signings?
Impossible to say. Squad should have done better last season and with diminished injury worries there will be many 'new signings' who are already on the books. Having said that, the transfers in, on the whole, will improve the squad.
7. What are the expectations amongst the fans for this year?
High. Play-off position expected by many but many also expect mid-table.
8. Key player(s)
Rob Hulse, Kris Commons (if fit), Dean Leacock (if fit)
9. Your thoughts ahead of the new Championship campaign, are you confident or worried going into the new season? How do you think your year will pan out?
Confident of consolidation an an improved finish but not holding my breath expecting a miraculous title winning campaign. Nigel Clough will demand consistency and the season should tie in with his philosophy; the league position will probably remain similar throughout the campaign.
10. Predict the Top 2 and Play-off winner and the 3 clubs to go down
1.West Brom. 2. Newcastle United. Play-off. Reading.
22. Barnsley 23. Scunthorpe United 24. Plymouth Argyle.
Thanks to Rob from Vital Derby for answering our questions.