Championship Q & A: Middlesbrough
We get the thoughts from Vital Middlesbrough about their season in the Championship this year, following their relegation from the Premiership.
1. Your name and Club Supported
'The Slaven' - Middlesbrough
2. Your League Position last season
EPL - 19th - Relegated
3. Your Prediction For this Season's Position Finish
4. Transfers In
Danny Coyne from Tranmere, Mark Yeates from Colchester Utd
5. Transfer Out
Mido to Zamalek :), Downing to Villa :( and Turnbull to Chelsea
6. Have you made enough signings for the new season? Are they the right signings?
We need another two or three players before the window closes. We need some experience. Mark Yeates looks a good buy for half a million - the lad has talent, but is inexperienced. The Coyne signing is a smart move by Southgate. We need experience at the back and also cover after Turnbull departed.
7. What are the expectations amongst the fans for this year?
Hopes are not too high, which is understandable considering a lot of the fans want Southgate out. I am with a minority who believe the team will progress this season. We needed relegation to become a stronger team on and off the pitch.
8. Key player(s)
Adam Johnson. If he stays he will be the best player in the league by a mile. David Wheater will have a big season as well. If he plays well he will be our platform for a big season.
9. Your thoughts ahead of the new Championship campaign, are you confident or worried going into the new season? How do you think your year will pan out?
Southgate has a tough start to the season. It's simple - if we are in the top six by the end of the year he will continue as manager, but if we're not he will be gone. The only worry I have is the lack of experienced players in the first team. We should be ok though if Southgate gets a couple more players in.
10. Predict the Top 2 and Play-off winner and the 3 clubs to go down
Top 2 - Boro and Newcastle. Play-off winners - Cardiff. Relegation - Barnsley, Doncaster and Plymouth (sorry).
Swansea City will play their first home game of the season against Championship new-boys Middlesbrough on Saturday 15th August.
Thanks to Vital Middlesbrough for answering our questions.