Date:Sunday April 16 2006
Thanks to Dave Fletcher for answering our questions:
1. I remember your rise up the leagues to Division 1 after winning promotion in 2000 from Division 3, what was the key to this success, has your financial troubles this year been a result of this?
Our key to sucess that year was having a solid all round team that could battle and dig in when needed. Yes the cost of going up has put us in the trouble we are in now,ie paying higher wages that we really couldn`t afford.
2. After relegation from the Championship, what were you hoping for this year? Did you belive you could make a return there?
After the worst season in a long time i thought this year would be a season of taking stock but unfortunately that hasn`t happened.
3. Where do you think you'll finish this year? Will you beat the drop?
After just watching us play Brentford i can`t understand why we are where we are, we totally dominated the game and apart from a flukey equiliser from them we would have won. I think we will scrape it.
4. You started the season off well, but what happened from October onwards? Who or what do you think was to blame for this decline?
No idea what went wrong, i just think we had too many big time charlies (Deon Burton) who if we didn`t play to his tune then he wasn`t playing.
5. What did you think of the game between the two sides earlier in the season? Was the 2-2 scoreline a fair reflection of the game?
Yes i thought it was a fair reflection of the game but i was a bit disappointed with Trundle until he scored that is.
6. Who do you see as Swansea's main threats to you on Monday?
As above Lee Trundle, you have to watch him like a hawk because he seems to be the type of player who doesn`t seem to be bothered until he gets the ball then bang he lights the game up.
7. And who should we watch out for in your side?
Has got to be Lee Williamson, the guy in my opinion is class, never stops running. Although since Forte has gone back to Sheff Utd Martin Butler seems to have upped his game.
8. How has your form been recently, do you think you can get a good result Monday?
At home we have only lost once in the past 11 games but we don`t seem able to take that form away, saying that i fancy us for a point after todays results (Saturday)
9. Do you think the Swans can gain automatic promotion this season or will it be the play offs at best for us?
If i am honest i think it will be the play-offs for you and i think everyone needs to look out for Forest, they are my bet.
Date:Sunday April 16 2006
Sigurdsson Signs 4-Year Deal At Swansea City (Wednesday July 23 2014)
Vorm & Davies Joins Spurs,Swans Wait on Sigurdsson (Wednesday July 23 2014)
Swansea City Are Becoming a Selling Club!? (Tuesday July 22 2014)
£5m & Sigurdsson For Spurs-bound Davies & Vorm (Tuesday July 22 2014)
92% of Fans Want 3 New Signings or More (Monday July 21 2014)
Draw & Defeat In USA Friendlies (Sunday July 20 2014)
Spurs Close To Agreeing Ben Davies Deal (Saturday July 19 2014)
Poll Results: Should Swansea Have Let Michu Go? (Friday July 18 2014)
Thanks for the Memories Michu! (Thursday July 17 2014)
Swansea City Set To Sign Winger Montero (Wednesday July 16 2014)
|20. West Ham||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|A HOMETOWN TEAM: AFC IN NYC
» Arsenal : 24/07/2014 16:37:00
|Piazon Goes to Germany
» Chelsea : 24/07/2014 16:34:00
|Squad for the season ahead
» Chelsea : 24/07/2014 16:26:00
|Some decisions just baffle...
» Chelsea : 24/07/2014 16:21:00
|Second Half Pleases Bruce
» Hull City : 24/07/2014 15:47:00