Date:Sunday April 16 2006
Thanks to Dave Fletcher for answering our questions:
1. I remember your rise up the leagues to Division 1 after winning promotion in 2000 from Division 3, what was the key to this success, has your financial troubles this year been a result of this?
Our key to sucess that year was having a solid all round team that could battle and dig in when needed. Yes the cost of going up has put us in the trouble we are in now,ie paying higher wages that we really couldn`t afford.
2. After relegation from the Championship, what were you hoping for this year? Did you belive you could make a return there?
After the worst season in a long time i thought this year would be a season of taking stock but unfortunately that hasn`t happened.
3. Where do you think you'll finish this year? Will you beat the drop?
After just watching us play Brentford i can`t understand why we are where we are, we totally dominated the game and apart from a flukey equiliser from them we would have won. I think we will scrape it.
4. You started the season off well, but what happened from October onwards? Who or what do you think was to blame for this decline?
No idea what went wrong, i just think we had too many big time charlies (Deon Burton) who if we didn`t play to his tune then he wasn`t playing.
5. What did you think of the game between the two sides earlier in the season? Was the 2-2 scoreline a fair reflection of the game?
Yes i thought it was a fair reflection of the game but i was a bit disappointed with Trundle until he scored that is.
6. Who do you see as Swansea's main threats to you on Monday?
As above Lee Trundle, you have to watch him like a hawk because he seems to be the type of player who doesn`t seem to be bothered until he gets the ball then bang he lights the game up.
7. And who should we watch out for in your side?
Has got to be Lee Williamson, the guy in my opinion is class, never stops running. Although since Forte has gone back to Sheff Utd Martin Butler seems to have upped his game.
8. How has your form been recently, do you think you can get a good result Monday?
At home we have only lost once in the past 11 games but we don`t seem able to take that form away, saying that i fancy us for a point after todays results (Saturday)
9. Do you think the Swans can gain automatic promotion this season or will it be the play offs at best for us?
If i am honest i think it will be the play-offs for you and i think everyone needs to look out for Forest, they are my bet.
Date:Sunday April 16 2006
The Observer Fans' Verdicts: 2015/16 Preview (Sunday August 2 2015)
Lack of Cutting Edge A Common Theme In Pre-Season (Saturday August 1 2015)
Line-Ups: FT: Swansea City 0-0 Deportivo La Coruna (Saturday August 1 2015)
Thoughts Ahead of the 2015/16 Premier League Season (Friday July 31 2015)
Monk Expects Gomis Return vs Deportivo La Coruna (Saturday July 25 2015)
Monk Pleased Despite Only Managing 1-1 Draws (Saturday July 25 2015)
Monk Gives An Insight Into What Happens In Training (Wednesday July 22 2015)
Premier League Summer Transfers So Far (Wednesday July 22 2015)
Swansea Squad Looks Pretty Much Complete (Tuesday July 21 2015)
72% Said Club Were Right To Sell Jazz Richards (Tuesday July 21 2015)
|20. West Ham||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|3 In 3, 6 In 6 and 4 In 14 Months
» Arsenal : 02/08/2015 18:42:00
|Espanyol Draw Frustrates Koeman
» Southampton : 02/08/2015 18:36:00
» Arsenal : 02/08/2015 18:26:01
|Mourinho on Community Shield Defeat
» Chelsea : 02/08/2015 18:23:01
|Benalouane Confirms Leicester Move
» Leicester City : 02/08/2015 18:21:00