Vital Football

Latest Swansea City News

Poll Results: Goalkeeper A Concern For Fans

Poll Results: Goalkeeper A Concern For Fans

In a recent site poll, we asked you if were happy with Roberto Martinez's squad ahead of Saturday's season opener at Charlton.

14% voted Yes they were happy while the remaining 86% said more signings were needed.

66% voted we need another goalkeeper as currently, Dorus De Vries is the only shot stopper at the club.

13% voted we need a number of signings, 2% want to see a new defender, 2% want to see us sign a midfielder and 3% think we need another striker.

In our new poll, we want to know what you think the result will be when we face Charlton next Saturday. Can we get a win on the opening day of the season at Valley Parade?

Vote now on the right hand side >>

What are your views on the Squad prior to next Saturday's match?

CLICK HERE TO SHARE YOUR VIEWS





Join the FREE Telegraph Championship Fantasy Football League!

Click here to join in the debate on the club forum.

Writer:VitalSwansea
Date:Sunday August 3 2008
Time: 4:48PM

Comments

0
Martinez needs to hurry up with signing a new goalkeeper before the season kicks off, he may have to sign this trialist, however good or bad he is.
KevinE
03/08/2008 16:53:00
0
we need someone as good as if not better than de vries this season, not someone who is just happy to sit on the bench all year and then leave at the end of the season.
GThomas
03/08/2008 16:56:00
0
Good luck on Saturday, lets hope all the ex League One boys can do well.
dazza71
03/08/2008 18:17:00
0
Need a challenge for dorus not a bench warmer, if we aint got one though then it is better to have back up than none at all!
jack hammers
03/08/2008 19:10:00
0
May be we can sign a penalty saver?
willow
03/08/2008 21:06:00
0
Wasn't there a trialee Scottish keeper at a few of the friendlies? It's going to be hard to get a decent keeper because they won't want to risk being second choice all season.
breconjack
03/08/2008 23:06:00
0
Derek Soutar, from Scotland, is on trial at present. He did play 45 minutes at Chester. He was in goal when Chester scored both their goals.
willow
03/08/2008 23:10:00
0
he wasnt at fault for them apparently though so wouldnt judge him on that. correct willow we need someone who can get even close to saving penalties! maybe we should sign this trialist, better than only having the 1 keeper
GThomas
04/08/2008 19:39:00
Page 1/1
  1. 1

Login to post a comment

Recent Swansea City Articles

Carroll 'Excited To be Back' At Swansea City

Tom Carroll said he was 'excited to be back' as he completed a £4.5m move from Spurs today

Swansea City Complete Signing of Left Back Olsson

Swansea City have completed the signing of Norwich City left back Martin Olsson

Riley Explains Postponements

It doesn't happen often in the Premier League or Championship thesedays, but League's 1 & 2 still suffer the odd postponement owing to the weather and Mike Riley...

Clement Looking For Variation In How His Team Attack

Swansea City head coach Paul Clement says that he's looking for his team to show variations in how they attack the opposition

Archived Vital Swansea City Articles

Vital Swansea City articles from

Site Journalists

VitalSwansea
Editor email
Profile

Current Poll (see more polls)

Vote for your man of the match vs Arsenal
Suggested By:
Fabianski8%
Naughton0%
Fernandez6%
Mawson31%
Naughton2%
Ki39%
Cork2%
Sigurdsson2%
Routledge4%
Dyer4%
Llorente2%
ScoopDragon Premier League Network Sites

League Table

# Team P W D L Pts. GD
1 Chelsea 21 17 1 3 52 30
2 Spurs 21 13 6 2 45 29
3 Liverpool 21 13 6 2 45 25
4 Arsenal 21 13 5 3 44 26
5 Man City 21 13 3 5 42 15
6 Man Utd 21 11 7 3 40 12
7 Everton 21 9 6 6 33 9
8 WBA 21 8 5 8 29 0
9 Stoke 21 7 6 8 27 -6
10 Burnley 21 8 2 11 26 -8
11 AFC Bournemouth 21 7 4 10 25 -7
12 West Ham 21 7 4 10 25 -9
13 Southampton 21 6 6 9 24 -7
14 Watford 21 6 5 10 23 -13
15 Leicester City 21 5 6 10 21 -10
16 Middlesbrough 21 4 8 9 20 -5
17 Crystal Palace 21 4 4 13 16 -10
18 Hull City 21 4 4 13 16 -25
19 Sunderland 21 4 3 14 15 -20
20 Swansea 21 4 3 14 15 -26
The Vital Football Members League
Latest F1 News
Latest Vital Boxing News
Vital Football Comment

Recent Swansea City Results (view all)

Swansea City Fixtures (view all)

Jan 21 2017 12:30PM : Liverpool (a)
Barclays Premier League
Jan 31 2017 7:45PM : Southampton (H)
Barclays Premier League
Feb 5 2017 1:30PM : Manchester City (a)
Barclays Premier League
Feb 12 2017 4:00PM : Leicester City (H)
Barclays Premier League
Feb 25 2017 3:00PM : Chelsea (a)
Barclays Premier League
Mar 4 2017 3:00PM : Burnley (H)
Barclays Premier League

Vital Members League Table

RankNamePoints
1.Dennis Downing14
2.Phil W5
3.KevinE3
4.yugo232
5.forest fan2
6.williams1
7.adihanbury156@msn.co1
Write for Vital Football